Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
peradocsus

Looking for a new garbage pickup company

The company we currently use, this morning the driver must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed. When backing into our drive way (we are the last stop on a dead end road) he ran over there garbage bin and shoved into a tree. Then slung it around trying to get it hooked up to dump into the truck. Also maybe once a month we may put something extra at the curb for pickup and they refuse to pick it up unless I pay additional charges. There are some weeks we don't even fill up the garbage can. So I am looking for a new pickup service. We live in the Yorkville/Rockmart area. Thanks in advance for your input.

Don

My friend out over there says that this sounds just like the Trash Man Sanitation out of Aragon (outside of Rockmart). He switched to Waste Management. He is happy with WM, but said it would be nice if they could pick up on Thursdays/Fridays rather than on Wednesdays.

We just fired WasteManagement.

Went with CleanCommunities. got 2 95 gal containers for less than we were paying WM for one. Great customer service on the phone and the new containers were delivered exactly when promised.

Not sure if they cover your area but check with Paulding Waste. Great great service. Good folks.

^ AGREE!

Have never had any issue with them.

• Like 1

We had Waste Management once but never again. Their new hands free truck picks up the neighbors cans, dumps and puts them back on the road. The mail person then won't deliver because they are in the road. Wait until you get one of these little notes from USPS that states don't block the road.

• Like 2

We had Waste Management once but never again. Their new hands free truck picks up the neighbors cans, dumps and puts them back on the road. The mail person then won't deliver because they are in the road. Wait until you get one of these little notes from USPS that states don't block the road.

They also want to be Corporate America of trash collectors. I like small businesses, even if I have to pay more.

I shouldn't say that, though, because if they hear it they will buy out small businesses, and operate behind the scene.

Edited by The Postman

We`ve had problems with all of them that we have used. Presently,we are with Trash Taxi. They are ok,but if we are late getting the can out,and we put it on the other side of the street,so they can pick it up on the way out,they won`t stop,even if you stand there waving at them. Prima Donas. They are history when the contract is up. We don`t have much garbage,and don`t put it out half the time.

Edited by Al Oker