Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Raider

Man steals vehicle from Paulding County fire station

According to authorities, the man broke into Paulding County Fire and Rescue station #3 on Mt. Tabor Church Road just after 10:30 a.m. Monday.

He stole a rescue vehicle and drove it through the closed door of the firehouse, causing significant damage, fire officials said.

Then he drove the vehicle onto Mt. Tabor Road, hitting several mailboxes as he drove.

The rescue vehicle eventually crashed with a red Ford F150 in the 2600 block of Bobo Road. The driver ran to a nearby house where he was caught shortly after.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/man-steals-vehicle-from-paulding-county-fire-station/367700698

According to authorities, the man broke into Paulding County Fire and Rescue station #3 on Mt. Tabor Church Road just after 10:30 a.m. Monday.

He stole a rescue vehicle and drove it through the closed door of the firehouse, causing significant damage, fire officials said.

Then he drove the vehicle onto Mt. Tabor Road, hitting several mailboxes as he drove.

The rescue vehicle eventually crashed with a red Ford F150 in the 2600 block of Bobo Road. The driver ran to a nearby house where he was caught shortly after.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/man-steals-vehicle-from-paulding-county-fire-station/367700698

Thanks, Lady Raider! I had not seen this. This is obviously about the situation involving the fire rescue vehicle, that happened today, but it doesn't say anything about what was going on at the house off Bobo, on Seminole Drive, that happened yesterday. I was hoping that there was also some info on yesterdays incident, at the house. These are two separate incidents.

Oooopppss meant to post the above comment in the other thread, about the mailboxes!

At about 10:00 am this morning, a white male subject broke into Fire Station 3 (Mt. Tabor Church Road) and stole Rescue Truck 3. On his exit of the building, he drove through the bay door completely destroying it. The male drove the Rescue truck through mailboxes, street signs, and other utilities. The male struck a passenger truck on Bobo Road before finally disabling the Rescue truck. Luckily no one was injured and the male was taken into custody without incident. ‪#‎pauldingsheriff‬ ‪#‎pauldingfire‬

Since this guy has put us all in danger and damaged community property I think the community should all have access to be the crap out of him.

• Like 1

Since this guy has put us all in danger and damaged community property I think the community should all have access to be the crap out of him.

FreeBird, maybe this guy is mentally ill? It sounds like maybe drugs were possibly involved, but maybe he is just mentally ill. I think we need more information before we jump the gun.

Edited by ivylove
  • Like 3

FreeBird, maybe this guy is mentally ill? It sounds like maybe drugs were possibly involved, but maybe he is just mentally ill. I think we need more information before we jump the gun.

I love the way it's assumed that anyone that does something stupid shouldn't be responsible for their actions. That's the freaking problem with this country. It's always not their fault.

He destroyed county property and now we have a rescue truck that won't be able to rescue people for at least a couple of weeks. People could DIE waiting for one of the trucks farther away in the county. When my MIL had a severe stroke at our house, it was the Paulding Rescue personnel that got here first and that recognized it and told us to get to the hospital inside the golden hour. She made almost a 100% recovery because of them being their when needed.

Behavior will not be changed unless there are consequences for actions. Period. Freebird may be a little tongue in cheek, but the idiot needs to be dealt with.

• Like 4

And we have firemen manning the station that didn't stop this from happening?

They were all in training at another place no one was there

Behavior will not be changed unless there are consequences for actions. Period. Freebird may be a little tongue in cheek, but the idiot needs to be dealt with.

It sounds to me like, some good mental heath care, might be a good starting place for dealing with this guy. Whether it involves drugs or not.

Edited by ivylove

At about 10:00 am this morning, a white male subject broke into Fire Station 3 (Mt. Tabor Church Road) and stole Rescue Truck 3. On his exit of the building, he drove through the bay door completely destroying it. The male drove the Rescue truck through mailboxes, street signs, and other utilities. The male struck a passenger truck on Bobo Road before finally disabling the Rescue truck. Luckily no one was injured and the male was taken into custody without incident.

I love the way it's assumed that anyone that does something stupid shouldn't be responsible for their actions. That's the freaking problem with this country. It's always not their fault.

He destroyed county property and now we have a rescue truck that won't be able to rescue people for at least a couple of weeks. People could DIE waiting for one of the trucks farther away in the county. When my MIL had a severe stroke at our house, it was the Paulding Rescue personnel that got here first and that recognized it and told us to get to the hospital inside the golden hour. She made almost a 100% recovery because of them being their when needed.

Thank you.

I'm not picky on who I think needs to have the crap beat out 'em for their actions.

The county has reserve vehicles for maintenance so there will be rescue coverage restored at station 3. It is a shame because this looks like one of the newer units.

The news just reported the fire rescue truck alone cost $ 90,000.00 not to mention the other destruction... and the mans name is Zachary Lee Paulk (W/M, 27 YOA

I am happy to say I do not know him lol

attachicon.gifthief.jpg

The news just reported the fire rescue truck alone cost $ 90,000.00 not to mention the other destruction... and the mans name is Zachary Lee Paulk (W/M, 27 YOA

I am praying that he can get the help he needs!

The news said he was on drugs. Drug addicts can't be helped unless they want to get clean and sober. Fact.

But he'll be in jail for a while so he won't be using much.

They have drugs in jail ya know.

He just got out of jail not long ago, according to WSB-TV news.

He just got out of jail not long ago, according to WSB-TV news.

he just got of of jail from a past charge? i did not see that

I wonder what kind of childhood this guy had? He looks so sad in that picture. Is he a good or bad person? Is he married, have children, needing mental, or financial help? Wonder what kind of drugs he was using or taking? And "why" was he using them? Was he trying to get relief from some mental issue, or was he just out partying and did to much drugs? Wonder what other offenses he has committed? Has he been homeless since he got out of jail the last time?

To be honest, I don't know whether to feel angry, sad, relieved or scared. Will he get any help this time, or will he be back out on the streets again soon and maybe even do something worse next time?

Actually, I have tons of questions. Aren't any of you guys curious about this guy? I think he needs at least some counseling and someone needs to ask him questions. Delve a little deeper into what is happening in this guys life. Not just throw him in and out of jail.

Edited by ivylove

I am trying to see if he was the same guy who lived in Bartow county. The guy I remembered was in and out of jail.

he just got of of jail from a past charge? i did not see that

That is what the news report stated. I didn't see it written. It was oral.

I'm not picky on who I think needs to have the crap beat out 'em for their actions.

The county has reserve vehicles for maintenance so there will be rescue coverage restored at station 3. It is a shame because this looks like one of the newer units.

Cool. Good to know that the SPLOST money is being used for backup equipment as well as new stations. it seems a shame to keep it sitting around, but when you need it, you need it. Wonder if SPLOst money can be used for repair work? I wonder if the county has insurance or if we are self insured.

Cool. Good to know that the SPLOST money is being used for backup equipment as well as new stations. it seems a shame to keep it sitting around, but when you need it, you need it. Wonder if SPLOst money can be used for repair work? I wonder if the county has insurance or if we are self insured.

The way this county throws around money on lawyers, airports, movie studios and driving good citizens out of the county the amount of money it will take to repair this truck is so insignificant it barley amounts to a drop of water in a very large bucket.

The way this county throws around money on lawyers, airports, movie studios and driving good citizens out of the county the amount of money it will take to repair this truck is so insignificant it barley amounts to a drop of water in a very large bucket.

LOL, Yea, really hadn't thought of it that way, but have to agree. We could have bought a pretty good insurance company with all the money gone down the tubes on these worthless projects and all the bribes campaign contributions that have been spent in this county.

Still, good to know we have backup equipment as if the county repair department works as well as the county commission, it could be 2020 before that truck is back on the job.

That is what the news report stated. I didn't see it written. It was oral.

did they say what he had been in jail for? he end up spending some time there again really soon lol

did they say what he had been in jail for? he end up spending some time there again really soon lol

No.

I wonder what kind of childhood this guy had? He looks so sad in that picture. Is he a good or bad person? Is he married, have children, needing mental, or financial help? Wonder what kind of drugs he was using or taking? And "why" was he using them? Was he trying to get relief from some mental issue, or was he just out partying and did to much drugs? Wonder what other offenses he has committed? Has he been homeless since he got out of jail the last time?

To be honest, I don't know whether to feel angry, sad, relieved or scared. Will he get any help this time, or will he be back out on the streets again soon and maybe even do something worse next time?

Actually, I have tons of questions. Aren't any of you guys curious about this guy? I think he needs at least some counseling and someone needs to ask him questions. Delve a little deeper into what is happening in this guys life. Not just throw him in and out of jail.

Would you feel the same if he had run over you during the rampage? No, wait, you'd be dead. Nevermind.

People are responsible for their own actions. Always. ALWAYS!!

Holy carp, "mentally ill" as an excuse is a catch 22. You appear to be saying that, anyone who is sane wouldn't do anything crazy (no matter how PO'd they are), therefore, if they do something crazy, they must be insane by your definition, therefore, they are not responsible and shouldn't be punished. Is that what you are saying? Really?

Would you feel the same if he had run over you during the rampage? No, wait, you'd be dead. Nevermind.

Holy carp, "mentally ill" as an excuse is a catch 22. You appear to be saying that, anyone who is sane wouldn't do anything crazy (no matter how PO'd they are), therefore, if they do something crazy, they must be insane by your definition, therefore, they are not responsible and shouldn't be punished. Is that what you are saying? Really?

That's what psychiatrist and mental evaluations are for, the chances of fooling these people into thinking you are insane when you're not is slim to none.

• Like 1

Sound Guy, I am not saying not to punish him. I am just saying find out if he is mentally ill, first. And, even if he is mentally ill, he is still responsible for his own actions, but the punishment might be different. In this case, I am kinda thinking that maybe he is, because what he did was completely nuts, in my opinion. I am not wanting to excuse him, by any means. But, if he is mentally ill, sending him to jail and then letting him right back out, isn't going to help him, or us. If he is mentally ill, maybe his punishment would be, to be committed to a facility that can get him the proper help.

Edited by ivylove

There are no mental health facilities.

The only one available for criminals is at the prison in Appling. Therefore, he's going to have to stand trial for what he did and be found guilty and sentenced to prison and a judge intervening and recommending RSAC.

None of that is going to happen. He will serve in the county jail, his county lawyer will plead it down, he will be let out on probation and the circle begins.

Jail is just a revolving door.

• Like 2

There are no mental health facilities.

The only one available for criminals is at the prison in Appling. Therefore, he's going to have to stand trial for what he did and be found guilty and sentenced to prison and a judge intervening and recommending RSAC.

None of that is going to happen. He will serve in the county jail, his county lawyer will plead it down, he will be let out on probation and the circle begins.

I have to agree with this case... he was just released from jail not long ago...

• Like 1

... he was just released from jail not long ago...

He will serve in the county jail, his county lawyer will plead it down, he will be let out on probation and the circle begins.

Take Two....... :glare: Actually this system is kinda :crazy:

Do you realize how many people go to jail over and over and over?

It's usually violation of probation, but they serve 30 days and they're out and it starts all over again.

Now granted his charges are more severe and he may actually get some time but there's no mental health in prison.

Look up mental health in prisons in Georgia. 1 in 6 is mentally ill and usually in general population.

It begins with changes in the system, at the political level. I don't see any changes regardless who's president or in congress or even the local legislation.

Regan shut down all the mental facilities over 30 years ago and see what we have?

Our borders are wide open for heroin, meth and fentanyl. China keeps getting bath salts and all kind of wierd sh$t into this country that causes people to experience super human power and totally out of their mind. That's why the cops shoot them. Nothing else works.

It's never ending. It's out of control.

• Like 1

Prisons are big business and that's where the mentally ill go.

And I don't think they are the least bit interested in getting people well. :(

I can almost guarantee that the guy was on Meth. It causes the paranoid effect and they will think people are following them frequently. Plus, looking at his complexion--he looks to be into it pretty good.

• Like 3

And I don't think they are the least bit interested in getting people well. :(

They don't have the funds to treat the mentally ill.