Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
MissSophie

Help! again :), need appt with good advice for 401k rollover

The free guy at my financial institution - well I just don't like him. Seems to be in a hurry; doesn't answer my questions; sort of belittling at times. I don't need a free appt., but someone who will help me understand what I am doing. Anyone trustworthy around here?

Edited by MissSophie

Here is a very good article on how to choose a financial adviser:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2013/05/09/10-questions-to-ask-when-choosing-a-financial-advisor/#15f2ad487d9d

It is important to choose someone you like and trust. Because companies like Merrill Lynch and Edward Jones pay their advisers commissions to buy/sell investments (churn), you should avoid any adviser who works for them.

• Like 1

I know Ryan Hale personally through scouts. I like his style and his way of dealing with people. I know that they are a commission based advisor, but that also depends upon the person as well. Not all commission folks are only out for themselves.

As for fee only - I'll be watching this. I may have to make some decisions in the future and will need this kind of advice if I decide not to use Ryan.

• Like 1

I know Ryan Hale personally through scouts. I like his style and his way of dealing with people. I know that they are a commission based advisor, but that also depends upon the person as well. Not all commission folks are only out for themselves.

As for fee only - I'll be watching this. I may have to make some decisions in the future and will need this kind of advice if I decide not to use Ryan.

I met Ryan only once. I was unimpressed by his attitude. However, he may be a terrific adviser for some people. I see he works for Edward Jones. Caveat emptor.

I met Ryan only once. I was unimpressed by his attitude. However, he may be a terrific adviser for some people. I see he works for Edward Jones. Caveat emptor.

I can see that - I don't know that he makes the most dynamic first impression. I more know him through years of watching him interact with his kids and their friends.

• Like 1

Well I got some advice from a friend and what she did. So I think I will go her way for now. I have my first appt. tomorrow. Thanks so much for those who responded.

Well I got some advice from a friend and what she did. So I think I will go her way for now. I have my first appt. tomorrow. Thanks so much for those who responded.

Best of luck with your investments.