236 replies to this topic

#1 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,464 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:12 PM

I am going to predict  Donald Trump will withdraw from the race for the Presidency before the Republican Convention.  His reason will be that "it isn't fun anymore."

It won't be fun because the media machine that made him recognizes their responsibility in 'making him' and conversely, recognizes it is up to them to destroy his credibility.  It will be brutal.

Why would they do that?  Because they now see him not as a cash-cow reality TV star that is making them money, but as a real threat to the institutions from the government to the courts to the press.  It is for them an existential issue.

Oh, and while some here will say this is a liberal media 'thing' ... know that much of the media today is outrageously conservative and the conservatives are as weary of the man as anyone.

From the story in today's NYTimes.

Senator John McCain,Republican of Arizona, who has become a reluctant supporter of Mr. Trump, said he did not believe that the nation would be in danger under his presidency.

“I still believe we have the institutions of government  that would restrain someone who seeks to exceed their constitutional obligations,” Mr. McCain said.“We have a Congress. We have the Supreme Court.We’re not Romania.”

“Our institutions, including the press, are still strong enough to prevent unconstitutional acts," he said.

Mr.Post said that view was too sanguine, given the executive branch’s practical primacy. “The president has all the power with respect to enforcing the law,” he said. “There’s only one of those three branches that actually has the guns in its hands,and that’s the executive.”

Republican officials have criticized Mr. Obama for what they have called his unconstitutional expansion of executive power. But some legal scholars who share that view say the problem under a President Trump would be worse.

“I don’t think he cares about separation of powers at all,” said Richard Epstein, a fellow at the Hoover Institution who also teaches at New York University and the University of Chicago.

How will they do it?  They'll show him to be the witless fool he is by letting him be himself.

#2 cptlo306

cptlo306

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:49 PM

This pains me to say this but I hope you're right.  When he drops out and Hillary gets indicted we'll have to find 2 new candidates.  That would be fun.

This post is sarcasm.  Unless it's not.

#3 tbird

tbird

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,530 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:59 PM

This pains me to say this but I hope you're right.  When he drops out and Hillary gets indicted we'll have to find 2 new candidates.  That would be fun.

Yeah, but if Hilary doesn't get indicted--we are in worse trouble. I have no idea exactly who would be worse, but my thoughts are leaning to Hilary!

• markdavd and Mrs G like this

#4 Greatma

Greatma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:06 PM

Pubby you are wishing!!!!!

#5 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,464 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:47 PM

Actually, Greatma ... I'm not wishing. When I saw the article and who was dissing him and how they were in the video (his own words), I felt the tide turn.

I know how cutthroat and clever the media is when the really get the idea they may be the ones in the sights ... and they know the Donald is capable. 

If they turn on the man in mass ... the business people in the background who have been letting him be the reality TV star because they make big money ... they will ultimately destroy him by letting him be himself. 

See, when he did his reporters are sleaze thing... folks across the country saw that they got to him ... good.  Ditto the small hands gig.  They are going to make it so uncomfortable for him with asinine questions at every point - oh he'll throw them out etc. but the bottom line is there is no way that the Donald will call what is happening to him fun.   And most read the man to say that if it is not fun, he'll get out.

It will get intense - extremely intense - because those in the media already know that his a vindictive sob ... and they know they will have to bury him in slime because they can't leave him becoming the prez to chance.

Trump will fold.  No individual is prepared to take on institutions head on in an existential fight and that is what is happening.

pubby 

#6 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,285 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:07 PM

Trump's insults are getting old. His latest attack on the ethnicity of the judge presiding over his Trump Univ. lawsuit is just further evidence of it, Rayan saying it surprised him, came out of left field, completely inappropriate.  More and more it looks like thin skinned Trump is on the verge of a major meltdown.

"Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump,"

#7 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,527 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:07 PM

You're still dreaming.

#8 cptlo306

cptlo306

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:11 PM

Hey, guess what...apparently Trump has an African-American.  SMDH.

• jenilyn likes this

#9 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:14 PM

pubby

You'd better hope he doesn't drop out. He still has high negatives, but so does Hillary. Meaning...there are a whole bunch of people whop don't like either one.

I really don't expect him to drop out at this point, unless that was the plan all along (and I haven't ruled that out). But if he did, and if (big if) the RNC had the sense to put a popular Republican in as the nominee; that person would win in a landslide.

This race is ripe for a candidate that doesn't suck.

• The Sound Guy likes this

"The belief is that the political incorrectness involved in the discussion will destroy the community" - posted by pubby on 10-22-16

No, pubby; the only thing free speech will destroy are lies. - Guard Dad

#10 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,399 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:15 PM

Trump is in it to win it.

8)

• lowrider, sm0kediver, Mrs G and 1 other like this
A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable,
who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there
are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

#11 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,236 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:23 PM

Once the gates of hell open up on Trump, he will prove he doesn't have the mental fortitude to keep it together. Poor, poor Donald.
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#12 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,285 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:36 PM

Clinton destroys Trump ..

#13 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:37 PM

Once the gates of hell open up on Trump, he will prove he doesn't have the mental fortitude to keep it together. Poor, poor Donald.

I still don't like Trump, but I think you're wrong on this. He's a real businessman who has faced real struggles. He's far tougher than any of the sorry politicians.

"The belief is that the political incorrectness involved in the discussion will destroy the community" - posted by pubby on 10-22-16

#14 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,236 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:43 PM

I still don't like Trump, but I think you're wrong on this. He's a real businessman who has faced real struggles. He's far tougher than any of the sorry politicians.

He's a real businessman? No, he is a made businessman and has been since the day he was born.

Tough? His ego is far too fragile for him to withstand a political firestorm.
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#15 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,236 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:54 PM

This is a very informative article on Trumps start.

http://www.investope...became-rich.asp

#16 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,285 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:55 PM

He's a businessman that has spent a lifetime gaming the system, leaving his investors high and dry through bankruptcies and scamming people. Or as some might say the perfect Republican.    

Edited by CitizenCain, 03 June 2016 - 05:56 PM.

• TJB likes this

#17 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,527 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:16 PM

#18 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:16 PM

He's a businessman that has spent a lifetime gaming the system, leaving his investors high and dry through bankruptcies and scamming people. Or as some might say the perfect Republican.    

As you have admitted before on here...he was a Democrat until he decided to run for president. And huge Clinton buddy.

You were saying?

#19 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,285 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:20 PM

As you have admitted before on here...he was a Democrat until he decided to run for president. And huge Clinton buddy.

You were saying?

Republicans are mostly hippocrates ? 

#20 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:25 PM

Republicans are mostly hippocrates ? 

Your level of Republican hatred is beginning to rival pubby's.

#21 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,285 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:26 PM

Thank you. 

#22 cptlo306

cptlo306

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:36 PM

Trump is pathetic.  Can any Trump supporter help me understand how this is justifiable?

#NeverTrump  #NeverHillary

Edited by cptlo306, 03 June 2016 - 06:38 PM.

#23 Greatma

Greatma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:43 PM

As the old saying goes Hillary is a snake in the grass.

#24 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,285 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:46 PM

Trump is pathetic.  Can any Trump supporter help me understand how this is justifiable?

What a freaking asshat. 

#25 cptlo306

cptlo306

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:51 PM

Can't argue against that.

• NewsJunky likes this

#26 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,399 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:54 PM

The judge is a member of La Raza.

;)

are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

#27 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,236 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:56 PM

Perhaps, but she is also smart, politically experienced and savvy and decidedly unflappable.

I wonder how many of these countless investigations are politically as compared to morality motivated?

#28 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,527 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:00 PM

;)

Thank you. I was just looking up a link.

#29 cptlo306

cptlo306

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:06 PM

;)

Which La Raza?  The one he is actually a member of (La Raza Lawyers of California) or the one that most people associate with the term 'La Raza' which is the National Council of La Raza.  They are different organizations.

Perhaps, but she is also smart, politically experienced and savvy and decidedly unflappable.

I wonder how many of these countless investigations are politically as compared to morality motivated?

She's also a liar and likely should be in jail.

Edited by cptlo306, 03 June 2016 - 07:04 PM.

• markdavd and CitizenCain like this

#30 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,399 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:06 PM

To recap:
  • The attorney group leading the lawsuit against Trump are heavily involved in Democrat politics and have paid Bill and Hillary Clinton $675,000 for “speeches”. (link)
  • The Judge in the lawsuit is an open borders immigration activist with direct ties to San Diego La Raza, and has openly engaged with them on their political endeavors. (link) and (link)
  • The lawsuit relies (in part) on testimony from a former disgruntled employee of the Trump Organization who went to work for notorious #NeverTrump activist Glenn Beck. (link)
  • The Judge then “accidentally” releases court records which provides the media with the names, locations, and contact information of the plaintiffs and witnesses in the case, which fuels the media narrative. (link)
Yeah, for all intents and purposes the intellectually honest can spot this political hit job a mile away.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/06/01/activist-trump-university-la-raza-judge-now-attempts-to-re-seal-court-documents/

8) 

• lowrider likes this

- Joseph Addison

#31 cptlo306

cptlo306

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:13 PM

To recap:

• The attorney group leading the lawsuit against Trump are heavily involved in Democrat politics and have paid Bill and Hillary Clinton $675,000 for “speeches”. (link)
  • The Judge in the lawsuit is an open borders immigration activist with direct ties to San Diego La Raza, and has openly engaged with them on their political endeavors. (link) and (link)
  • The lawsuit relies (in part) on testimony from a former disgruntled employee of the Trump Organization who went to work for notorious #NeverTrump activist Glenn Beck. (link)
  • The Judge then “accidentally” releases court records which provides the media with the names, locations, and contact information of the plaintiffs and witnesses in the case, which fuels the media narrative. (link)
Yeah, for all intents and purposes the intellectually honest can spot this political hit job a mile away.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/06/01/activist-trump-university-la-raza-judge-now-attempts-to-re-seal-court-documents/

8) 

How is this a political hit job when the case has been going on long before Trump started running for president?

• NewsJunky likes this

#32 rockster

rockster

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:15 PM

Which La Raza?  The one he is actually a member of (La Raza Lawyers of California) or the one that most people associate with the term 'La Raza' which is the National Council of La Raza.  They are different organizations.

She's also a liar and likely should be in jail.

My opinion, she is toast

• Greatma likes this

#33 cptlo306

cptlo306

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:19 PM

Trump donated to the Clintons too and has praised them.

This testimony was given in 2012 long before NeverTrump or even Trump running for president.

Edited by cptlo306, 03 June 2016 - 07:19 PM.

#34 sm0kediver

sm0kediver

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:29 PM

I've been watching liberal pundits make wrong predictions about DJ for a year now. Conservatives too. He's proven them all wrong time and time again. It's just inconceivable to some people that an outsider can succeed. Here's a clue. The media and the establishment don't call the shots in this country. The voters do. And they're being heard. #makeamericagreatagain #trump2016
  • mach4 and secondhandsmith like this

#35 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,285 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:30 PM

My opinion, she is toast

Can you say Madam President ?  

#36 cptlo306

cptlo306

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:34 PM

I've been watching liberal pundits make wrong predictions about DJ for a year now. Conservatives too. He's proven them all wrong time and time again. It's just inconceivable to some people that an outsider can succeed. Here's a clue. The media and the establishment don't call the shots in this country. The voters do. And they're being heard. #makeamericagreatagain #trump2016

All that may be true but that doesn't remove the fact that Trump is a thin-skinned, ignorant bully that would be a bad president.

• PUBBY and NewsJunky like this

#37 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,702 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:35 PM

Can you say Madam President ?

It's going to happen. And I will say once again, the right has nobody to blame but themselves.
  • The Sound Guy likes this
No man ever stands taller than when he kneels to help another.

If they laugh at you because you're different, laugh at them because they're all the same.

#38 cptlo306

cptlo306

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:38 PM

It's going to happen. And I will say once again, the right has nobody to blame but themselves.

I don't think it will happen because I think she'll be indicted soon and will then drop out of the race.  That'll mean President Biden.

Could you imagine debates between Trump and Biden?  Two bumbling idiots on stage....

Edited by cptlo306, 03 June 2016 - 07:39 PM.

#39 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,464 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:08 PM

There you go lying about me again.  I don't hate republicans. Hell my first newspaper news editor job was for an Oklahoma semi-weekly called the Watonga Republican.

I actually had pretty good respect for many in the GOP before they went off the deep end wacko with Obama.  But since then; since most everyone in leadership abandoned every policy approach they had proposed in order to obstruct the current president.  (In major ways, the GOP backed in 2008 what was then known as Romneycare ... a sort of universal health care approach that mandated those able be required to purchase health insurance ... but abandoned that approach ... every frigging MOC ... abandoned that policy for pure political purpose.)

To me that is lying to yourself and disrespecting anyone who listened to you when you were lying.  In other words no one can count on you adopting a policy position because you will abandon policy for politics in the blink of an eye.

Bottom line, though ... it is a matter of judgment and the fact that the GOP nominated Donald Trump is pretty much proof positive that judgment is flawed.

BTW: I know the retort will be that democratic judgment is flawed as well because Hillary is the presumed nominee.  You'll point to the poll numbers on negativity ... I'll say that polls don't count and that she has been the victim of a campaign of character assassination conducted, in large part, by the GOP congress and the investigating committee headed by Daryl Issa ... and they've thrown around a lot of charges but no specific charge sticks ...  Indeed, her perception problem is based on the "where there is smoke there must be fire" idea and I have confidence they (charges) will be swept away and she will again earn the 60 percent approval ratings she enjoyed as Secretary of State.

pubby

PS: While Donald Trump makes known his intention of changing libel laws so he can sue, sue, sue ... Hillary is the most maligned personality in the race and she knows both the problems and reasons for our first amendment and does not propose nor would she, the fundamental changes in the first amendment Trump proposes.

#40 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:50 PM

There you go lying about me again.  I don't hate republicans. Hell my first newspaper news editor job was for an Oklahoma semi-weekly called the Watonga Republican.

I actually had pretty good respect for many in the GOP before they went off the deep end wacko with Obama.  But since then; since most everyone in leadership abandoned every policy approach they had proposed in order to obstruct the current president.  (In major ways, the GOP backed in 2008 what was then known as Romneycare ... a sort of universal health care approach that mandated those able be required to purchase health insurance ... but abandoned that approach ... every frigging MOC ... abandoned that policy for pure political purpose.)

To me that is lying to yourself and disrespecting anyone who listened to you when you were lying.  In other words no one can count on you adopting a policy position because you will abandon policy for politics in the blink of an eye.

Bottom line, though ... it is a matter of judgment and the fact that the GOP nominated Donald Trump is pretty much proof positive that judgment is flawed.

BTW: I know the retort will be that democratic judgment is flawed as well because Hillary is the presumed nominee.  You'll point to the poll numbers on negativity ... I'll say that polls don't count and that she has been the victim of a campaign of character assassination conducted, in large part, by the GOP congress and the investigating committee headed by Daryl Issa ... and they've thrown around a lot of charges but no specific charge sticks ...  Indeed, her perception problem is based on the "where there is smoke there must be fire" idea and I have confidence they (charges) will be swept away and she will again earn the 60 percent approval ratings she enjoyed as Secretary of State.

pubby

PS: While Donald Trump makes known his intention of changing libel laws so he can sue, sue, sue ... Hillary is the most maligned personality in the race and she knows both the problems and reasons for our first amendment and does not propose nor would she, the fundamental changes in the first amendment Trump proposes.

No long winded response needed from me.

When you stop attacking (often out of the clear blue) Republicans in 9 out of 10 threads, I'll consider believing you.

Until then...BS!

I doubt that there's a soul here that hadn't noticed it.
  • mach4 and ApolloBeachRetiree like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics