4 replies to this topic

#1 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,855 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:51 PM

FOR SALE:  Working Side-by-side refrigerator.  GE Hotpoint model HSS25gf which is a 25-cu ft. unit not known for its energy efficiency.  Still, it probably would work as a backup or extra storage and the energy guide suggested it would cost about $59/yr to power it.

This refrigerator came out of the house we bought last fall for renovation.  It was stored on the back porch and Wednesday, we used it to test a wheelchair ramp I am thinking of putting on the house. 

We got it down, pressure washed it and then brought it back on the porch and plugged it in.  Hence, it is about as clean as we can make it.  (It still shows some discoloration on the side it faced the oven and the folks that lived here apparently fried a lot of their food).  There is some rust spots ... more like points ... at various other locations but overall, it is relatively clean and after bleaching with the power washer, smells good.

And, it gets cold, has most of the drawers and is 'set up' for an ice maker (I've never had it attached to a water line) including a screw in-GE water filter.

I see most of these going for over $100 but we're pricing it at $75 if you pick it up.

It is the 'featured item' in the video above ( it is heavy) where we tested our wheel chair ramp I'm kind of excited about.  (I like the idea of having an accessible home and am glad I don't need it :)  ).     Anyone who's shopped for wheel chair ramps will understand the value of the $500 price tag for this one.  We can deliver it as is on our boat trailer and my guys will be glad to install it for someone needing that service for a reasonable charge.  Or you can pick it up and install it yourself.

I offer this because someone may need it now and this could save them $1,000 or more. 

If you're interested in the fridge or ramp, call me at 678‐909‐4055 and if I don't answer, leave a message and I'll get back with you.

Click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS

#2 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,898 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:56 PM

I built a ramp for our house in the garage when my FIL fell trying to come up the steps at Easter this year.

They are really nice to have when you need it.

That last step at the end is kinda big though.  :)

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#3 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,855 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:12 PM

I agree on the last step. The plan was to test the ramp for strength (the construction method is 'different' to say the least.)  If I keep it as it is, I'll add another deck at the location of the 'big step' that is seamless ... probably an 8'x12' landing.  If we were installing it (on dirt) we'd trim the styrofoam and either bend, bury or cut the steel reinforcement to bring the ramp flush on the ground ... or put a 5x5' landing at the bottom.

We would have to put but a regular banister on the house and a rail on the open side which we may do if no one needs this now.

pubby

#4 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,855 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:59 AM

I really want this refrigerator gone.

Here are some photos

refrigouyside.jpg

refriginside.jpg

refrigmodel1.jpg

You can see on the top photo, by the handle on the refrigerator side, some small pock marked bits of rust.  You can also see some on the door frame in the freezer picture.  These are all minor surface rust spots and a quick sanding and covering with something like plasti-dip will eliminate this as a problem.

We scrubbed a bit on the magnetic door gaskets and a good scrubbing could save them.

So, in my effort to have this item go away, I'll add that I'm asking $75.00 OBO ... the "OBO" being "or best offer."

Watch the video for info on the ramp.

pubby

#5 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,855 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:23 PM

The refrigerator is still for sale ... so let me emphasize the OBO part. 

In regard the 'wheel chair ramp" ... we actually have product on hand to double or triple the length.

The price of this ramp installed  would be $550.00 including rigging of the railings and cutting it down to ground level. Adding a 5'x6' landing would add about $175, including railing.  This whole thing will fit on a boat trailer. 

pubby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics