Paulding.com

Got my first negative political flyer today in the mail.

Watching it and understanding it seem to be two different things. She never said she rubber stamps anything. There's no history nor record of anyone "rubber stamping" anything on the budget. Look at the minutes of the meetings. Long drawn out discussions and votes on budget items. You do realize that the current board managed to cut costs, increase services and advanced acreditation without raising the millage rate. Right? You appear to be stuck on one thing. A comment that you are taking out of context. The resume of the current board contains nothing but positive results against the odds. Normally, that kind of success gains praise. You seem set on Dutton no matter what the facts are on the subject. Nope, not a very compelling argument at all.

Vote for who you want to and I will do the same. I know what I heard and that is not the only thing that I base my choice on. I will be voting for Steve Dutton and I still have freedom of choice so you can stop trying to sway my decision.

• Like 2
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stoner medical oil? I've never heard of that. Medicinal cannabis oil is legal for certain ailments but it's not legal to buy or sell in Ga. Which obviously makes perfect sense. So basically, if a moth

I'm confused, is Boss Hog....I mean Howard Maxwell against medical cannabis oil? If so, what is his reasoning or does he even have reasons. Are they based on ignorance and fear? Is he really for ha

I do know her firsthand....actually sat on Paulding County School Board with her....Kathy West is the name. I know what i'm talking about.   Mr. Randy Cone, You did pull some immature, bully tactic

Posted Images

Vote for who you want to and I will do the same. I know what I heard and that is not the only thing that I base my choice on. I will be voting for Steve Dutton and I still have freedom of choice so you can stop trying to sway my decision.

"Sway your decision"? LOL. I was just trying to figure out if it was basedon anything substantial. You proved it wasn't.

You're picking promises over performance.......that it friendship. Either one, you're in for a surprise.

Go ahead. Vote for the sales pitch. Based on real life experience, don't expect much work out of him once his picture is in the paper if he's elected and is ever in town. Ask round of the people that counted on him to keep his word. They didn't buy the sales pitch for long.

Being an incumbent on a school board that raised acreditation while cutting the budget during an economic crash with increased student enrollment and reduced tax revenue WITHOUT raising the millage rate or cutting services is the pinnacle of campaign talking points. Theresa knows far more about the budget and how it's been utilized over the past 8 years than her opponent. I don't know where you are getting your information. The "new comer" couldn't quote a single correct number. Don't fall for a sales pitch. Especially from a candidate with no work ethic and a terrible record of actual accomplishments.

I stated this on different post. Georgia's education system ranks from 14th to 34th in the nation depending on the source. The reason it ranks so high on some polls are the private schools in NE Atlanta/Gwinnett and Cobb that raise the rest of the pitiful guberment schools averages. On a public school poll we are very near the bottom. Out of every source I have checked, probably 10-15, Paulding County schools do not rate in the top 100 in the State. Grady HS, listen close, Grady HS, where they hire extra COA Police for a football game/event to control gang violence, ranks around 80th in the state. 'Nuff said. Not confident in any incumbent. Don't tell me about school tax Skippy I pay out the wazoo with little results and no kids in the system. VOTE NO ON SPLOST RENEWAL. VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS.

• Like 2

"Sway your decision"? LOL. I was just trying to figure out if it was basedon anything substantial. You proved it wasn't.

You're picking promises over performance.......that it friendship. Either one, you're in for a surprise.

Go ahead. Vote for the sales pitch. Based on real life experience, don't expect much work out of him once his picture is in the paper if he's elected and is ever in town. Ask round of the people that counted on him to keep his word. They didn't buy the sales pitch for long.

I really like her as a person. I am not going to tear her to pieces on p.com. You really should stop while you are ahead if you care for her too.

• Like 2
I stated this on different post. Georgia's education system ranks from 14th to 34th in the nation depending on the source. The reason it ranks so high on some polls are the private schools in NE Atlanta/Gwinnett and Cobb that raise the rest of the pitiful guberment schools averages. On a public school poll we are very near the bottom. Out of every source I have checked, probably 10-15, Paulding County schools do not rate in the top 100 in the State. Grady HS, listen close, Grady HS, where they hire extra COA Police for a football game/event to control gang violence, ranks around 80th in the state. 'Nuff said. Not confident in any incumbent. Don't tell me about school tax Skippy I pay out the wazoo with little results and no kids in the system. VOTE NO ON SPLOST RENEWAL. VOTE OUT

Local school districts have no control over the curriculum and how the systems are ranked.....Skippy. We all pay high taxes. They'd be higher if it weren't for the current board. The numbers are published and public record.

I really like her as a person. I am not going to tear her to pieces on p.com. You really should stop while you are ahead if you care for her too.

You really like her as a person but are willing to tear her to pieces on a public forum (under a fake name, no less) because your logic is being challenged? Hypocrite much? Why you identify with Dutton is becoming more and more clear. So, you have no rebuttal to the boards performance and have to resort to personal attacks to justify your decisions? Interesting. Maybe you should quit while you are behind.

You really like her as a person but are willing to tear her to pieces on a public forum (under a fake name, no less) because your logic is being challenged? Hypocrite much? Why you identify with Dutton is becoming more and more clear. So, you have no rebuttal to the boards performance and have to resort to personal attacks to justify your decisions? Interesting. Maybe you should quit while you are behind.

You have no clue.

She is one of the most informed people in all of Paulding Co.

Still want to what the problem is with Kerstin home schooling her kids.

• Like 1

I stated this on different post. Georgia's education system ranks from 14th to 34th in the nation depending on the source. The reason it ranks so high on some polls are the private schools in NE Atlanta/Gwinnett and Cobb that raise the rest of the pitiful guberment schools averages. On a public school poll we are very near the bottom. Out of every source I have checked, probably 10-15, Paulding County schools do not rate in the top 100 in the State. Grady HS, listen close, Grady HS, where they hire extra COA Police for a football game/event to control gang violence, ranks around 80th in the state. 'Nuff said. Not confident in any incumbent. Don't tell me about school tax Skippy I pay out the wazoo with little results and no kids in the system. VOTE NO ON SPLOST RENEWAL. VOTE OUT

Local school districts have no control over the curriculum and how the systems are ranked.....Skippy. We all pay high taxes. They'd be higher if it weren't for the current board. The numbers are published and public record.

All right numb nuts please enlighten me on WTF the School Board controls? The budget? That is my point. Why are we underperforming? To meet a bean counters spreadsheet? I want results for my investment, not micro managing failures. If our BOE does nothing but control the budget, save money hire a CPA.

Shove it. I told you I won't say what I know on this forum. If you truly cared for her you would have shut up long ago.

• Like 4

not a good combination at all....

Very much agree!

Howard Maxwell, Glen Richardson, Virginia Galloway, Paulette Rakestraw, and Theresa Lyons are all good buddies. ;)

This is the post I was agreeing with LR on. That's all I've got to say about that.

You really like her as a person but are willing to tear her to pieces on a public forum (under a fake name, no less) because your logic is being challenged? Hypocrite much? Why you identify with Dutton is becoming more and more clear. So, you have no rebuttal to the boards performance and have to resort to personal attacks to justify your decisions? Interesting it's help with . Maybe you should quit while you are behind.

Amusing. Can't formulate a response with out reducing the conversation to your intelligence level by using profanity? Using a fake name must help wit that bravery. LOL. If you are blaming the board because some re kings aren't to your liking even though the acreditation scores have risen every year. Maybe you shouldn't vote.

Shove it. I told you I won't say what I know on this forum. If you truly cared for her you would have shut up long ago.

Just about the response that expected. I don't know her on a personal level as you claim to. I know what results she's been a part of as a board member.

So, you'd be willing to slander a friend on a public forum (under a fake name, of course) over someone you claim to only have just met?

Interesting. Damn glad I don't have to count on YOU as a friend. What kind of passive aggressive personality disorder would prompt you to threaten to slander a friend that you claim to like just to justify your political ideals? Who does that? Well......not using your real name must really help in the decision to be THAT hypocritical.

Just about the response that expected. I don't know her on a personal level as you claim to. I know what results she's been a part of as a board member.

So, you'd be willing to slander a friend on a public forum (under a fake name, of course) over someone you claim to only have just met?

Interesting. Damn glad I don't have to count on YOU as a friend. What kind of passive aggressive personality disorder would prompt you to threaten to slander a friend that you claim to like just to justify your political ideals? Who does that? Well......not using your real name must really help in the decision to be THAT hypocritical.

For something to be slander it has to be untrue. You need to grow up and stop talking about things you know nothing about. Bye. Done with you.

• Like 1

Just because she is/was ONE person on the board doesn't mean she should stay on the board. What was her vote in reference to the janitors? The schools aren't nearly as clean as they used to be. How many janitors lost their jobs because of outsourcing the work to a company?

Why have you not answered my question about Kerstin home schooling her kids, and why you think it's a bad thing?

Do you have a familial relationship with Theresa Lyons? Besides the fact that she is on the board now, why should we vote for her?

What is your personal intent to get her reelected? Having spoken with Steve Dutton on several occasions and asking him questions that I think are important, I truly think he has the schools (ALL of the schools) best interest at heart. Sometimes when one asks the right questions, and the ones who don't want to answer them squirm, it becomes time to take your ball and go to a bigger playground.

As for News Junky, I am very proud to her call her friend. She won't air someone else's personal laundry, you see she is a real lady.

I however may not be so lady like. I googled your name.

• Like 2

Just because she is/was ONE person on the board doesn't mean she should stay on the board. What was her vote in reference to the janitors? The schools aren't nearly as clean as they used to be. How many janitors lost their jobs because of outsourcing the work to a company?

Why have you not answered my question about Kerstin home schooling her kids, and why you think it's a bad thing?

Do you have a familial relationship with Theresa Lyons? Besides the fact that she is on the board now, why should we vote for her?

What is your personal intent to get her reelected? Having spoken with Steve Dutton on several occasions and asking him questions that I think are important, I truly think he has the schools (ALL of the schools) best interest at heart. Sometimes when one asks the right questions, and the ones who don't want to answer them squirm, it becomes time to take your ball and go to a bigger playground.

As for News Junky, I am very proud to her call her friend. She won't air someone else's personal laundry, you see she is a real lady.

Oh, now you made me google it. Yikes! LOL

• Like 2

I told him he needed to shut up. He would not listen and now someone who also knows what goes on is going to fill in some blanks. You just scratched the surface. Love you my fearless friend.

• Like 2

It's being lady like to threaten to out personal information about a friend? You and I must have different dictionaries. That's just a lack of character right there. I don't know anything about this Kirsten, and have no opinion one way or the other on her beliefs.

What is my connection to Theresa Lyons and why do I want her reelected. She's been part of the progress and has been integral in several changes for the better of everyone, not just one or two families. More importantly I'm very familiar with her opponent. Someone who will tell you what you want to hear but falter when it comes to results. When he took on the responsibility to manage fund raising for the booster club and promised to help pay the $30,000 a year that owed he managed to sign the program up for one online rewards program that netted less than $500. He never. Not once, participated in a fund raiser or workday. Never he's taken advantage of the contribution that everyone else made but never put any effort into it himself. Sound like the kind of representative you want? Contributed nothing but managed to create an estimated 120 hours of work in unnecessary work and research for a volunteer organization. He actually COST the program money. When his total lack of commitment was discussed, he quit. "Took his ball and went home" leaving the bill for the rest of the program to pay. He's a salesman. No matter what you want out of a board member , THAT is what you are going to be promised. As far as googling my name. Have at it. At least I'm not using a fake name. If you want to appear brave and forthcoming, if you want to appear to be telling the truth, use your real name. That Google search you people are drooling over is very old and has already been discussed and dismissed here. Pubby deleted it because it was vile and unproven, feel free to try and prove something though. But use your real name if you want to be taken seriously.

Vote for who you want. An adult looks at both sides of an option and chooses. Some of you seem to have bought a sales pitch. Good luck. I've been there. If you want to make points come after me with your real name. If you have to spread rumors about someone to appear smart, at least do it face to face instead of being a coward. Everything I've said has been public.

Edited by Randy Cone

I can answer the question regarding the janitors. I personally spoke with Theresa. She said she voted for the outsourcing. She said her reasons were as follows:

1. The company matches the employees 401k with a 10% match. The district can't

2. The company allows for upward mobility for their employees since they have contracts with colleges, hospitals and many more.

3. The company hired all of the current janitors unless they could not pass a drug test/background check, so they didn't lose their jobs

4. In the end it saved the district money so they could avoid increasing the mileage.

• Like 1

So ah maxwell just sent another ad this w=one was paid for bu national association of realtors in chicago.

Also he sent out another one about Kerstin, but it has no info as to who sent it except it says howard maxwell on it.

If you want to do what I just did and call his office and tell him how bad he is and that you will never vote for him

because of his negative ads the numbers are 770 386 5420 and 404 656 5143

Edited by radiohead
  • Like 2

I can answer the question regarding the janitors. I personally spoke with Theresa. She said she voted for the outsourcing. She said her reasons were as follows:

1. The company matches the employees 401k with a 10% match. The district can't

2. The company allows for upward mobility for their employees since they have contracts with colleges, hospitals and many more.

3. The company hired all of the current janitors unless they could not pass a drug test/background check, so they didn't lose their jobs

4. In the end it saved the district money so they could avoid increasing the mileage.

So the only people who lost a job shouldn't have been working at a school in the first place. The remaining people have better jobs now. Interesting how the facts put a whole new light on a subject.

• Like 1

Bottom line, I think Randy Cone is working harder to keep Steve from being elected than he is supporting Teresa. I don't know what his problem with Steve is, but it's my gut feeling eastraidermom and Randy Cone are closely related.

Outsourcing is not the answer if the schools are dirty and unkempt. I know at least one other school board member voted against outsourcing, she said so at the debates.

I'm also checking on that $50,000 contribution to the Boy Scouts, was that BSA National or was that here in Atlanta? See there are a lot of people familiar with what's going on with the booster club, the field house, the loan for the field house and it's not a good thing. Are booster club records subject to open records requests?

It would behoove some people to just remain silent, when you start typing words, you let the cat out of the bag.

Edited by tundra
  • Like 1

Bottom line, I think Randy Cone is working harder to keep Steve from being elected than he is supporting Teresa. I don't know what his problem with Steve is, but it's my gut feeling eastraidermom and Randy Cone are closely related.

Outsourcing is not the answer if the schools are dirty and unkempt. I know at least one other school board member voted against outsourcing, she said so at the debates.

I'm also checking on that $50,000 contribution to the Boy Scouts, was that BSA National or was that here in Atlanta? See there are a lot of people familiar with what's going on with the booster club, the field house, the loan for the field house and it's not a good thing. Are booster club records subject to open records requests?

It would behoove some people to just remain silent, when you start typing words, you let the cat out of the bag.

what $50,000 donation to boyscouts are you talking about? East Football didn't donate any money to boyscouts.

You don't know what the problem is? Have you read anything I've written? THERE'S the problem.

$50,000? BoyScouts? It would "behoove" you to follow your own advice, Tundra. Keep quiet on a subject that you know nothing about. LOL. I'm involved with every aspect of that program and this $50K to the Boy Scouts is exhibit one in the trial of a troll using a fake name trying to stir the pot. That's completely ignorant and outrageous. We are talking about a program that scrapes together change to feed the boys PB&J after a workout. $50K???? You people need to get serious. Whoever brought that to the table needs to post their real name or site something other than an accusation. That's the most moronic thing I've heard on the Internet in weeks. LOL. Research it all you want. Call the BSA headquarters on Circle 75. Call the Texas National HQ. Doesn't matter. That crap is just petty, ignorant people spreading petty stupid rumors. LOL. I'd love to hear the whole story. Booster club records are open to any member. They are openly discussed and distributed at every meeting. Don't be an idiot Tundra. It's a GREAT thing that everyone in the booster club knows what's going on with the finances. They all have access to the books and are free to question anything. Everything is open. It's all above board and has been voted on by every member. ANYONE that says otherwise is sadly is informed (surprise! There are people who are happy to lie to you here) and is welcome to talk to me at any one of the meetings. Any other brilliant observations? Tundra? Would you care to make direct accusations or are you good with the sideways comments?

Edited by Randy Cone

Bottom line. It looks like Tundra likes to make unfounded accusations and sideways insults from the safety of a keyboard and the protection of a pseudonym. Funny how retelling a lie is easier if you don't have to stand up and account for your words.

Bottom line. It looks like Tundra likes to make unfounded accusations and sideways insults from the safety of a keyboard and the protection of a pseudonym. Funny how retelling a lie is easier if you don't have to stand up and account for your words.

So tell me, are you selling fireworks again this year? Bottom line, Randy Cone is not a very happy person. He spends his time backtracking and harassing those that don't agree with him. This is NOT my first encounter with him. ;)

Are you accusing the East Paulding Football Booster Club of stealing funds Tundra? I can see where your loyalties lie. I know there have been allegations made by Steve Dutton regarding the fundraising and I am also aware that every allegation that he has made has been proven untrue. I think it says a lot about a person's character when they continuously slander, lie and bully regardless of how many times that all facts show that he is wrong. There has been a whole lotta gossiping and back biting going on within our booster club and I know where a good part of it has come from, and I have emails to back it up. I'm really tired of people trying to build this program back up while others are tearing it apart because we will not be bullied by this man. It's easy to hide behind a keyboard and be a big man, it's another to actually come to a meeting and publicly make these allegations.

I haven't been on Pcom in a while, many of you know who I am, even friends with me on Facebook. I have worked and had a child in this program for 9 years. I will not continue to sit back and watch anyone destroy this program, these young men need and deserve better.

Are you accusing the East Paulding Football Booster Club of stealing funds Tundra? I can see where your loyalties lie. I know there have been allegations made by Steve Dutton regarding the fundraising and I am also aware that every allegation that he has made has been proven untrue. I think it says a lot about a person's character when they continuously slander, lie and bully regardless of how many times that all facts show that he is wrong. There has been a whole lotta gossiping and back biting going on within our booster club and I know where a good part of it has come from, and I have emails to back it up. I'm really tired of people trying to build this program back up while others are tearing it apart because we will not be bullied by this man. It's easy to hide behind a keyboard and be a big man, it's another to actually come to a meeting and publicly make these allegations.

I haven't been on Pcom in a while, many of you know who I am, even friends with me on Facebook. I have worked and had a child in this program for 9 years. I will not continue to sit back and watch anyone destroy this program, these young men need and deserve better.

No, I'm not accusing the booster club of anything, I know you have a momentous task because of what happened with the loan. My information came way before the elections, like way before.

Yes, those kids deserve so much more, I'm sorry I upset you. That was NOT my intention.

Amen!

You are referring to the fireworks fundraiser correct? You're accusing funds being stolen correct? Steve Dutton made these allegations and many of his buddies have helped to spread these VERY FALSE ALLEGATIONS! Like I said, I can show emails that will in fact show that he has been the cause of a lot of issues within the booster club and like I said, he has never made one allegation publicly at a club meeting. Now if you or any of the Dutton crew would like to come after me the way you have others, I welcome it. You've gone too far and I personally will not allow you to destroy this program or people I care about!

So tell me, are you selling fireworks again this year? Bottom line, Randy Cone is not a very happy person. He spends his time backtracking and harassing those that don't agree with him. This is NOT my first encounter with him. ;)

On the contrary. I'm a overwhelmingly happy person. I do not back track and harass people I disagree with. I'm an adult and have many friends I disagree with. I do however, fight back when some faceless coward of a troll, decides to make baseless accusations and innuendos about me, my family or friends.

Of course I'm going to recommend that we sell fireworks again. it's a fantastic fund raiser , the membership has reviewed it and voted to continue to do it. it's above board and has been reviewed SEVERAL times by school officials and the membership. North Paulding football and Allatoona band have approached the same organization that we work with to set up their own stores.

Sorry, You'll have to come up with something else to snipe at.

Edited by Randy Cone

I'm gonna skip back to the original topic and defend Mr. Maxwell.

Leave Howard Maxwell alone.

Don't you know that Mr. Maxwell has a Platinum Paulding County Citizenship?

You can see it in the video, where he tells those of us who are just regular citizens, 'the same road that brought you here (to Paulding County) will take you back'.

I finally remembered who Howard Maxwell reminds me of, Senator Claghorn from the old Fred Allen radio show.

This character later became the cartoon character Foghorn Leghorn.

Hmmmmm, cartoon character.....maybe it's Foghorn Leghorn that Maxwell reminds me of.

https://youtu.be/UTB9cT1aG8s

• Like 1

You are referring to the fireworks fundraiser correct? You're accusing funds being stolen correct? Steve Dutton made these allegations and many of his buddies have helped to spread these VERY FALSE ALLEGATIONS! Like I said, I can show emails that will in fact show that he has been the cause of a lot of issues within the booster club and like I said, he has never made one allegation publicly at a club meeting. Now if you or any of the Dutton crew would like to come after me the way you have others, I welcome it. You've gone too far and I personally will not allow you to destroy this program or people I care about!

I was just thinking about you... and I knew this would bring you out of hiding :)

Randy sent you a message

Very much agree!

This is the post I was agreeing with LR on. That's all I've got to say about that.

lol safe mode huh ? lol

• Like 2

It's being lady like to threaten to out personal information about a friend? You and I must have different dictionaries. That's just a lack of character right there. I don't know anything about this Kirsten, and have no opinion one way or the other on her beliefs.

What threat? You must have problems with reading comprehension.

"I really like her as a person. I am not going to tear her to pieces on p.com. You really should stop while you are ahead if you care for her too."

I don't see a threat there at all. "

Your post (#79 in this thread) was "yikes" I was just wondering why? I posted two links about home schooling, and asked what is the problem with Kerstin home schooling her kids, after all she still pays school tax.

What is my connection to Theresa Lyons and why do I want her reelected. She's been part of the progress and has been integral in several changes for the better of everyone, not just one or two families. But, didn't you say she voted for the janitor outsourcing? How much money has been saved, besides in workers comp and insurance? How many janitors have quit since Aramark took over? Why are our schools not as clean? BTW, she wasn't there when this was voted on.

https://eboard.eboardsolutions.com/Meetings/ViewMeetingOrder.aspx?S=4125&MID=43421

Voting

Joe Watson - Yes

Kim Curl - Yes

Nick Chester - Yes

Kim Cobb - No

Richard Manous - Yes

Sammy McClure - No

More importantly I'm very familiar with her opponent. Someone who will tell you what you want to hear but falter when it comes to results. When he took on the responsibility to manage fund raising for the booster club and promised to help pay the $30,000 a year that owed he managed to sign the program up for one online rewards program that netted less than $500. He never. Not once, participated in a fund raiser or workday. Never he's taken advantage of the contribution that everyone else made but never put any effort into it himself. Sound like the kind of representative you want? Contributed nothing but managed to create an estimated 120 hours of work in unnecessary work and research for a volunteer organization. He actually COST the program money. When his total lack of commitment was discussed, (and yet you have no problem with Theresa not being at the school board meetings. I don't want to drive in the dark?? Come on, she is supposed to represent us all.) he quit. "Took his ball and went home" leaving the bill for the rest of the program to pay. He's a salesman. No matter what you want out of a board member , THAT is what you are going to be promised. As far as googling my name. Have at it. At least I'm not using a fake name. If you want to appear brave and forthcoming, if you want to appear to be telling the truth, use your real name. That Google search you people are drooling over is very old and has already been discussed and dismissed here. Pubby deleted it because it was vile and unproven, feel free to try and prove something though. But use your real name if you want to be taken seriously.

Perhaps you should tell your wife to do the same. As for me using my screen name, and others as well...... the kicker is a lot of people already know who we are IRL.

What goole search are you talking about?

I have discussed this thread with people in the know. Yeah, seems like he was asking questions that y'all didn't want to answer. As far as him not being there for whatever, was that before or after y'all didn't give him the correct contact information for the sponsors?

What happened with your touch down club is a damn shame, and as long as it is on your touch down club that's fine, but when you want the taxpayers to pay for something that should never have been done then it becomes everybody's business. I know I wouldn't have put my name on a loan that was made in someone else name. I'm sure there are other people who are glad your wife did.

Vote for who you want. An adult looks at both sides of an option and chooses. Some of you seem to have bought a sales pitch. Good luck. I've been there. If you want to make points come after me with your real name. If you have to spread rumors about someone to appear smart, at least do it face to face instead of being a coward. Everything I've said has been public.

Do you happen to have Mrs. Lyons phone number? I didn't see it on her brand new face book page.

You don't know what the problem is? Have you read anything I've written? THERE'S the problem.

$50,000? BoyScouts? It would "behoove" you to follow your own advice, Tundra. Keep quiet on a subject that you know nothing about. LOL. I'm involved with every aspect of that program and this $50K to the Boy Scouts is exhibit one in the trial of a troll using a fake name trying to stir the pot. That's completely ignorant and outrageous. We are talking about a program that scrapes together change to feed the boys PB&J after a workout. $50K???? You people need to get serious. Whoever brought that to the table needs to post their real name or site something other than an accusation. That's the most moronic thing I've heard on the Internet in weeks. LOL. Research it all you want. Call the BSA headquarters on Circle 75. Call the Texas National HQ. Doesn't matter. That crap is just petty, ignorant people spreading petty stupid rumors. LOL. I'd love to hear the whole story. Booster club records are open to any member. They are openly discussed and distributed at every meeting. Don't be an idiot Tundra. It's a GREAT thing that everyone in the booster club knows what's going on with the finances. They all have access to the books and are free to question anything. Everything is open. It's all above board and has been voted on by every member. ANYONE that says otherwise is sadly is informed (surprise! There are people who are happy to lie to you here) and is welcome to talk to me at any one of the meetings. Any other brilliant observations? Tundra? Would you care to make direct accusations or are you good with the sideways comments?

So 50.000 was the boy scouts cut of the fireworks sale? What is so wrong about asking where that much money went to? Sounds like the fireworks stand was quite lucrative.

I also understand that you have a personal beef with Steve that goes beyond this. As adults most of us are able to look at the big picture.

RaidersRock, Tundra, and I are not in any way trying to bring down the booster club, or those boys. They deserve so much better. I also don't think that anyone has accused anyone of stealing anything. There have been questions asked and not really answered. From what I understand there were several fundraisers offered and none were agreed upon. The program is in a really really bad spot, but if the school board was to vote to give y'all the money to satisfy the loan, then they would have to give the same amount to all the other schools. That's not being fiscally responsible to all of the tax payers.

I just want to know why we should vote for someone who may or may not be at the meetings, doesn't ask questions, and just goes along with whatever the yes vote is. I have yet to have an answer to that question.

• Like 2

Gators, there has never been a 50k donation made to anyone from the booster club. I'm happy you're asking questions, please ask them of Dutton also. Ask him about the allegations that he has made, ask him what happened after he spoke with administration. Ask him if he ever brought any of this up at a BC meeting. I bet money he won't be truthful. That is why I question anyone that could support or vote for him.

• Like 2

I wouldn't say Theresa Lyons is a good old boy. She is fair and doesn't always side with all of them. Get to know her first before you judge.

I do know her firsthand....actually sat on Paulding County School Board with her....Kathy West is the name. I know what i'm talking about.

Mr. Randy Cone, You did pull some immature, bully tactics on Steve Dutton and you know it.

Like Newsjunky, I like Theresa Lyons as a person but I don't think she is good for our school board any longer. I'm not going to bash her on this site, however, I will vote for Steve Dutton.

The outsourcing of the custodial positions was the worst mistake ever made. Aramark pays their employees very little and expects them to do more with less personnel and less equipment/supplies. I see firsthand the poor outcome. GREAT custodial staff members that have been in our school system for years, left. They felt betrayed...THEY were just as much a valued member of our school system as the teachers/administrators/etc. They built relationships, made blankets, fed students, clothed students, and on and on. Those folks can never be replaced. Supposedly our school system saved money on this move....at the expense of our schools and students. Poor decision!

Edited by icare
  • Like 5

Perhaps you should tell your wife to do the same. As for me using my screen name, and others as well...... the kicker is a lot of people already know who we are IRL.

The difference being one is using a screen name to perpetrate lies.

I have discussed this thread with people in the know. No you didn’t. You’ve discussed this with people who have all heard the story second hand but have no direct knowledge that any of this happened. If you ask you’ll find that they heard it from someone who heard it from someone else. It will all lead to one person who told them the story. Yeah, seems like he was asking questions that y'all didn't want to answer. Every single question was answered…..multiple times. Every person who has bothered to sit down and listen and review the numbers has voted to keep selling the fireworks and not a single one of them has found that any wrong doing took place. As far as him not being there for whatever, was that before or after y'all didn't give him the correct contact information for the sponsors? COMPLETE FABRICATION. That never happened. You’ll find that this story all leads back to one person as well. The great thing about being involved with the organization is that when the emails and documentation is passed around you can see the time line and the multiple times the sponsor information was addressed and, presented and confirmed. Again…TOTAL FABRICATION.

Don’t take my word for it. Talk to Amanda Harmon. She’s the one accused of doing it. She has all the emails showing that the story is false. Speak to Reverend Morgan as well.

What happened with your touch down club is a damn shame, and as long as it is on your touch down club that's fine, but when you want the taxpayers to pay for something that should never have been done then it becomes everybody's business. No one has suggested that the tax payers do anything. The members voted to pay off the loan and no other recommendation has been approved or discussed. Again, False information.. No taxpayer I know I wouldn't have put my name on a loan that was made in someone else name. I'm sure there are other people who are glad your wife did.. it was do that or disband the booster club. according to Dr. Fraker.

So 50.000 was the boy scouts cut of the fireworks sale? What is so wrong about asking where that much money went to? Sounds like the fireworks stand was quite lucrative.

There is NO $50,000. No donation to the Boy Scouts. Never was at all. That’s ridiculous. I have no idea where that lie came from. Don’t take my word for it though. All fund raisers have to be approved by the school. Talk to Mr. Freeman and Mr. Daws. They had to review the books because of one person making that allegation. And guess what? Not a penny was out of place, nothing untoward happened. The entire project was clean as a whistle. The numbers were presented to the membership and every aspect of it was explained in detail. The membership voted to do it again.

I also understand that you have a personal beef with Steve that goes beyond this. As adults most of us are able to look at the big picture. I have an issue with someone wanting a public office that makes false accusations and spreads rumors and gossip that aren’t even close to being true. THAT is a big picture issue.

RaidersRock, Tundra, and I are not in any way trying to bring down the booster club, or those boys. They deserve so much better. I also don't think that anyone has accused anyone of stealing anything. Yeah? Tell that to the long list of school administrators who were dragged into meetings to review the books on this fund raiser time and again because one person kept insisting that there MUST be something illegal going on. Each time it was cleared, another administrator was called and asked to meet. Each time nothing untoward was found and everything cleared. To the point that the school will no longer hear any accusations on the subject. Now that same person is spreading the story around P.com. There have been questions asked and not really answered. False. Every question has been answered multiple times. From what I understand there were several fundraisers offered and none were agreed upon. FALSE. The only plans that were not put into place weren’t feasible or wouldn’t be approved by the administration. Some were put into play that failed miserably. The program is in a really really bad spot, but if the school board was to vote to give y'all the money to satisfy the loan, then they would have to give the same amount to all the other schools. ???? No one has asked the school system to pay the loan. They ARE NOT paying anything off. That's not being fiscally responsible to all of the tax payers.

I just want to know why we should vote for someone who may or may not be at the meetings, doesn't ask questions, and just goes along with whatever the yes vote is. I have yet to have an answer to that question. Theresa asks questions. When the agenda is presented before the meetings and is prepared to discuss the facts. NOT as a show in front of people. She wasn’t at the janitor vote. I never said she was there.

Can you point to an instance where she “went along”? Or is that just a repeated story?

• Like 1

icare,

I've told nothing but the truth. No "tactics:" involved. Wrong person for the job.

You know what you did....I promise you it's okay for people to agree to disagree. Getting angry is not going to sway anyone's mind. We all have knowledge of the candidates and will vote based on what we believe it right for the school system, county, state, etc. I just pray that everyone truly does their homework before they vote. Have any voters ever actually attended a school board meeting and watched school board member in action? Have any voters every actually attended a commissioner's meeting and watched them in action? ETC. It is vitally important to research and be informed...

• Like 2