Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
gregaperry

Seriously, we shot down a CDL Licensing Facility in Paulding?

Are you kidding me? Our "Republican" BOC just killed another job creator in Paulding while we were sleeping. They argument was that it won't create any new jobs at the DDS office. No kidding! That wasn't the point. The points was that, on average, a first year long haul trucker can make over $50,000 per year. That's a helluva good job in Paulding. While sure, they can drive to Atlanta or wherever the next closest facility is, why would we not want to make it as easy as possible for people in our county to have access to these higher paying jobs?

We've heard for years what the Chicken World 4 are against, but what exactly are you FOR that will create jobs in Paulding? Reading to dogs, while being cute and all, does not create jobs.

• Like 3

There's a DDS office in Paulding?

It opens next month, right behind the new courthouse. We had the opportunity to offer CDL licensing at this facility, but the Chicken World 4 voted 4-1 yesterday to kill it.

It opens next month, right behind the new courthouse. We had the opportunity to offer CDL licensing at this facility, but the Chicken World 4 voted 4-1 yesterday to kill it.

I had thought it was already open. Thought they had a grand opening before.

I had thought it was already open. Thought they had a grand opening before.

That was the ga state patrol office, were the old water department was... the DDS is actually a place were you can get licenses, drivers test, ect...

glad they did. Would have been more tax dollars for nothing.

We definitely don't want our tax dollars going towards government services that lead to higher paying jobs. That would not be the PAULDING way.

• Like 4

That was the ga state patrol office, were the old water department was... the DDS is actually a place were you can get licenses, drivers test, ect...

okay now I remember. Thanks.

We definitely don't want our tax dollars going towards government services that lead to higher paying jobs. That would not be the PAULDING way.

Correct me if I am wrong... I heard in the BOC meetings we spend $3.5 million, the State reimburses us $1/2 million and it does not create a single NEW job.

To me this sounds like more "Spend Ourselves Into Prosperity".

Side Note... I was in favor of this plan 2 weeks ago when I heard it was spend $1/2 million, get reimbursed $1/2 million and create 2 NEW jobs.

Edited by mojo413
  • Like 2

3.5 million on our end and the state only coughing up $500,000, I say no. If the numbers were reversed, or if we at max had to throw in a million I'd be more in favor of it. Hopefully, more information or funding from the state will become available and we can re-evaluate. I am not against having the facility in Paulding, BTW, the numbers just need to make more sense.

• Like 1

This is a joke, too. They were approached about patrolling Hiram Sudie (which is a state road) and they said they did not have time.

Does not sound like a very sound investment of tax dollars but I don't know all the details. Personally not against it if it produces return of investment.

• Like 1

This is a joke, too. They were approached about patrolling Hiram Sudie (which is a state road) and they said they did not have time.

I did not know Hiram Sudie was a state road... I know they ride nebo road a lot and it is a county road.

Are you kidding me? Our "Republican" BOC just killed another job creator in Paulding while we were sleeping...

While "We" were sleeping or while "You" were sleeping?

I heard about the project from a Chairman candidate & at least 2 Post Commissioners in the BOC meeting room a little over 2 weeks ago. Then I saw the BOC work session agenda come out with this considered project listed last Friday on the Stop Page. Then it was listed on the agendas given out just before both meetings Tuesday and there was an opportunity for citizens to address this agenda item during each meeting. Like I said earlier, when I heard it was a $1/2 million project with $1/2 million State reimbursement and 2 New jobs, I was for it. Then I heard it was a $3.5 million dollar project with $1/2 million State reimbursement and ZERO new jobs, I did not think it was a wise venture. I think it's amazing when we can sit there and listen to Staff information and the BOC members can state how they feel they should spend tax payer dollars. The unedited videos of the BOC, PCAA & IBA meetings are always posted on the Stop Paulding Airport Expansion Facebook Page for everyone's viewing. Plus the agendas for BOC, PCAA & IBA meetings are always posted on the same page as soon as they are available.

Edited by mojo413
  • Like 1

This is what we get for voting R and D instead of E and I...Ethics and Intelligence

I voted for Calvin Coolidge.

#SilentCal

Does anyone know what date the licence bureau will be opening in Dallas? Until now, we've been going to Cedartown, where you can get in and out quickly, instead of Cobb. Wife has to renew by May 3rd.

I do not think it will be open by may 3rd, they did say next month... but no date yet that I have seen.