147 replies to this topic

#1 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,631 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:05 PM

Steven Harfst is Propeller Airports  new President.

Propeller Airports today announced the appointment of Steven Harfst as its new President.  Propeller Airports, a subsidiary of Propeller Investments, is overseeing the development and operation of Silver Comet Field at Paulding Northwest Atlanta Airport and Paine Field, Everett Washington in Metro Seattle.

“Steve’s experience combines executive management with operational knowledge and expertise which will be invaluable to Propeller as we grow our business”, said Brett Smith, CEO of Propeller.  “We are excited to have Steve join our team.”

Harfst has over 30 years of leadership experience in the aviation industry including in the military.  In the domestic and international commercial aviation industry he served as the COO of Allegiant Air, President and CEO of USA 3000 Airlines, the start-up COO of IndiGo, India’s most successful and profitable commercial airline and COO of North American Airlines.  Steve began his aviation career with ten years of military service as a United States Naval Aviator piloting the F-14 Tomcat.

Currently, Steve serves on the Board of Directors of For Pete’s Sake Cancer Respite Foundation based in Philadelphia, PA and is a commercially licensed airline transport pilot.  Steve holds a B.A. in Business Administration from the University of Washington.

“Our current projects at both Silver Comet and Paine Field represent great opportunities to provide convenient, accessible and affordable air transportation at airports and to markets that currently lack much needed passenger air transportation services,” Harfst said. “I am looking forward to working with the Propeller team to develop these projects and others around the country.”

Propeller Airports is working with local airport authorities, state and county municipalities and the surrounding communities to provide a regional alternative to existing air transportation services at major airports that will add jobs and support business growth in their respective regions.

About Propeller Airports: Propeller Airports is a subsidiary of Propeller Investments.  With offices in New York, Seattle, Dublin and Atlanta, Propeller identifies untapped potential for commercial air travel by working with local governments and communities to maximize local airport assets. By bringing private, free-enterprise business practices to airports that contribute to the local economy, Propeller and its government partners focus on “smart” development that is in-line with local objectives.
Click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS

#2 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:18 PM

Wasn't he the guy that was fired by Allegiant Air over the major mechanical problems that Allegiant experienced in 2015?

• WHITEY likes this
"If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment."
"The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself."

#3 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,514 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:30 PM

Wasn't he the guy that was fired by Allegiant Air over the major mechanical problems that Allegiant experienced in 2015?

This link doesn't confirm he was fired. In fact all the links I found do not confirm he was fired. I also understand the FAA never called him to task so if you have a link, please share.

http://www.reviewjou...-abruptly-quits
  • Beach Bum likes this
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#4 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:37 PM

This link doesn't confirm he was fired. In fact all the links I found do not confirm he was fired. I also understand the FAA never called him to task so if you have a link, please share.http://www.reviewjou...-abruptly-quits

The way things are today, no one can say that anyone was "fired".
But common sense can still be used to determine what happens.

But then I happen to believe that Propeller is run by a scumbag coward, based on the scumbag coward's own actions, so it makes sense that said scumbag coward, would hire another scumbag.
  • mach4, WHITEY and radiohead like this
"If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment."
"The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself."

#5 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:44 PM

Not directed at anyone, just an observation in general.

I'm nothing short of amazed that anyone with morals, ethics and scruples would in any way support or defend Brett Smith and Propeller Investments.
But then, the news is full of those who have no, or little, morals, ethics and scruples.
  • WHITEY, Dana, jenilyn and 1 other like this

#6 Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,218 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:50 PM

I'm nothing short of amazed that anyone with morals, ethics and scruples would in any way support or defend Brett Smith and Propeller Investments.
But then, the news is full of those who have no, or little, morals, ethics and scruples

Wow.  This works both ways you know.  I have to wonder about those that support "others".   Brett Smith and Propeller have nothing on some "others". :)

#7 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,514 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:56 PM

But then, the news is full of those who have no, or little, morals, ethics and scruples.

Just for the record, I'm not defending or supporting anyone. I don't know Brett Smith nor do I know the people who say they don't know who is paying for their representation by big boy legal firms.

I'm just tired of the conflict.
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#8 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:14 PM

Wow.  I guess that works both ways with "others" that some support, huh?  Just an observation............:)

Really?
Just who in the hell do I "support"?
I am so sick of you people that are incapable of separating your personal relationships from business.
I have said and written over and freaking over, that I don't give a good GD if the airport has commercial flights.
Same thing with all the local players, I've always said that unless you have facts and proof, shut the F up about being paid off by Propeller or Delta.
I have said and written over and over that I do not subscribe bad motives to the people I have personally spoken with, David Carmichael, Todd Pownell and Blake Swafford.
I do however know for a fact the Brett Smith has bad motives, his actions prove it.

I ask you, can you say the same, have you tried to judge on facts, have you met one on one with people on all sides?

Ohhhh, before you say it, yes!
The opposition side is just as guilty of the above, in fact, my rant is based on just as much frustration with some members of that group as it is the pro side.

I have NO SIDE, but the side of a citizen that is fed up with sides.
Call a spade a damn shovel.
Brett Smith is a scumbag, I didn't make him a scumbag, his own actions did.
Our 40 yr deal with Propeller is a bad deal, I don't think that is even up for debate any longer.

I don't have a personal problem with anyone in this mess, except, that control freak Mr. Reinhardt (or whatever the Support FB page managers name is) and Brett Smith.

But I am tired of being painted as being a "supporter" of anyone.
Hell, I love my wife dearly, but I do not "support" her every choice or decision.
So why would I do that for a county employee or elected official.

Rant over.
  • mach4, rednekkhikkchikk, WHITEY and 1 other like this

#9 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:22 PM

Just for the record, I'm not defending or supporting anyone. I don't know Brett Smith nor do I know the people who say they don't know who is paying for their representation by big boy legal firms.
I'm just tired of the conflict.

Tried to send this as a PM, couldn't.
As I said, my post was not directed at anyone in general, and not you.
Im with you, let's get the lawsuits over and go in whatever direction we need to go.
But I really do believe Brett Smith is doing all he can to hurt or "destroy" those who oppose him.
I base that on his actions caught on video.
  • WHITEY and radiohead like this

#10 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:32 PM

Wow.  This works both ways you know.  I have to wonder about those that support "others".   Brett Smith and Propeller have nothing on some "others". :)

Sorry for the rant, but if you have facts, state them.
Otherwise, like I say to others who say that the Austin brothers or whoever did this or that, without proof and facts, I don't care to hear it.

I've heard things about Todd Pownell that were supposed to be true that I know to be lies.
Why?
Because I was actually involved in what was lied about.
I'm sure that you could say the same about people you know, that have had untruths or half truths said about them.
  • WHITEY likes this

#11 Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,218 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:37 PM

Really?
Just who in the hell do I "support"?
I am so sick of you people that are incapable of separating your personal relationships from business.
I have said and written over and freaking over, that I don't give a good GD if the airport has commercial flights.
Same thing with all the local players, I've always said that unless you have facts and proof, shut the F up about being paid off by Propeller or Delta.
I have said and written over and over that I do not subscribe bad motives to the people I have personally spoken with, David Carmichael, Todd Pownell and Blake Swafford.
I do however know for a fact the Brett Smith has bad motives, his actions prove it.

I ask you, can you say the same, have you tried to judge on facts, have you met one on one with people on all sides?

Ohhhh, before you say it, yes!
The opposition side is just as guilty of the above, in fact, my rant is based on just as much frustration with some members of that group as it is the pro side.

I have NO SIDE, but the side of a citizen that is fed up with sides.
Call a spade a damn shovel.
Brett Smith is a scumbag, I didn't make him a scumbag, his own actions did.
Our 40 yr deal with Propeller is a bad deal, I don't think that is even up for debate any longer.

I don't have a personal problem with anyone in this mess, except, that control freak Mr. Reinhardt (or whatever the Support FB page managers name is) and Brett Smith.

But I am tired of being painted as being a "supporter" of anyone.
Hell, I love my wife dearly, but I do not "support" her every choice or decision.
So why would I do that for a county employee or elected official.

Rant over.

I am basing this on conversations you and I have had in the past and I'm quite sure you know what I am talking about.  And yes, I am just like you in that I have to question the morals and integrity of those that support "others".  I'm sorry but that is not your right exclusively.

I believe you have been fair up to this point in most of your observations and comments; however, I can guarantee you that I can hold my own with most anyone here when it comes to character, morals and integrity  and I DO support Brett Smith and Propeller. 

Unfortunately, this situation is out of control and has become that way due to behavior on BOTH sides of the issue.  I don't agree with the way Brett Smith handled the Wilkins bankruptcy issue; however, I don't agree with the way she handled it either.  How can you file bankruptcy and then turn around and file suit against the county therefore costing the tax paying citizens of Paulding County hundreds of thousands of dollars?  Really, do you not see a problem with that?  Let's see now, you can default on your personal obligations and count on the Federal Bankruptcy System to bail you out and then you file suit against Paulding County costing the citizens hundreds of thousands of dollars.  Makes perfect sense, right?  NOT. 

#12 Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,218 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:41 PM

Sorry for the rant, but if you have facts, state them.
Otherwise, like I say to others who say that the Austin brothers or whoever did this or that, without proof and facts, I don't care to hear it.

I've heard things about Todd Pownell that were supposed to be true that I know to be lies.
Why?
Because I was actually involved in what was lied about
I'm sure that you could say the same about people you know, that have had untruths or half truths said about them.

You really think it is all about that one situation you and I discussed?  Really?  There are many, many others.......

Oh and while we are on the subject.  I have an Open Records Request on Todd Pownall's personal cell phone records (and there is a reason I requested those).  He in the past has used his personal cell phone for county business, thus making it subject to an Open Records Request. 

After 3 attempts, I still to this day do not have those records.  So much for the "transparency" Pownall preaches about, right?   You know that old saying, ,you should "practice what you preach."  :)

#13 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,514 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:02 PM

Tried to send this as a PM, couldn't.
As I said, my post was not directed at anyone in general, and not you.
Im with you, let's get the lawsuits over and go in whatever direction we need to go.
But I really do believe Brett Smith is doing all he can to hurt or "destroy" those who oppose him.
I base that on his actions caught on video.

Fair enough. But let me ask you this, if Brent Smith had declared bankruptcy do you think the anti people would not have spread this far and wide?

#14 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:07 PM

I am basing this on conversations you and I have had in the past and I'm quite sure you know what I am talking about.  And yes, I am just like you in that I have to question the morals and integrity of those that support "others".  I'm sorry but that is not your right exclusively.

I believe you have been fair up to this point in most of your observations and comments; however, I will put my character, morals and integrity up against anyone's here and I DO support Brett Smith and Propeller.

Unfortunately, this situation is out of control and has become that way due to behavior on BOTH sides of the issue.  I don't agree with the way Brett Smith handled the Wilkins bankruptcy issue; however, I don't agree with the way she handled it either.  How can you file bankruptcy and then turn around and file suit against the county therefore costing the tax paying citizens of Paulding County hundreds of thousands of dollars?  Really, do you not see a problem with that?  Let's see now, you can default on your personal obligations and count on the Federal Bankruptcy System to bail you out and then you file suit against Paulding County costing the citizens hundreds of thousands of dollars.  Makes perfect sense, right?  NOT.

I will put my character, morals and integrity up against anyone's here and I DO support Brett Smith and Propeller.

All I can say is that if you support Brett Smith, then your standards of morals, ethics and integrity are not the same as what I would like to have.
But, that's OK.
If you want to support a scumbag coward, that's your choice.

the Wilkins bankruptcy issue; however, I don't agree with the way she handled it either.

Not sure what a private citizen filing bankruptcy has to with you or your approval.
Perhaps that is the problem in this county, to many people worried about other people and not worried enough about their own issues.

As far as Todd goes, like I said before, state facts with proof or shut the F up.
Same goes for those who accuse others, including accusing David Austin.
I'm sick of the BS.
Be a part of the solution not the cancer.
  • mach4, mrshoward, Dana and 2 others like this

#15 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:11 PM

I'm done with this.
If people can't differentiate between a private citizen filling bankruptcy and the CEO of a company that wants to have a freaking 40 yr contract with what has been called the county's most valuable asset, then it's a waste of time, energy and typing to try and explain it.

Good luck to all.
  • mojo413, jenilyn and radiohead like this

#16 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,514 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:21 PM

I'm done with this.
If people can't differentiate between a private citizen filling bankruptcy and the CEO of a company that wants to have a freaking 40 yr contract with what has been called the county's most valuable asset, then it's a waste of time, energy and typing to try and explain it.
Good luck to all.

It gets real ugly, real fast doesn't it?
  • Lady Raider likes this

#17 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,792 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:24 PM

Just stopping by to say  Howdy....  :D

yes it does.... and I can read  the frustration in some of these post...... 

"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#18 Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,218 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:33 PM

I will put my character, morals and integrity up against anyone's here and I DO support Brett Smith and Propeller.

All I can say is that if you support Brett Smith, then your standards of morals, ethics and integrity are not the same as what I would like to have.
But, that's OK.
If you want to support a scumbag coward, that's your choice.

the Wilkins bankruptcy issue; however, I don't agree with the way she handled it either.

Not sure what a private citizen filing bankruptcy has to with you or your approval.
Perhaps that is the problem in this county, to many people worried about other people and not worried enough about their own issues.

As far as Todd goes, like I said before, state facts with proof or shut the F up.
Same goes for those who accuse others, including accusing David Austin.
I'm sick of the BS.
Be a part of the solution not the cancer.

I'm done with this.

Good luck to all.

Oh I can differentiate just fine.  Here we have a company that wants to bring jobs to our community thus bringing the distinct possibility of economic sustainability for future generations of Paulding County citizens.  Of course they are here to make money - that is the way it works. 

Then we have someone who has only lived in the county for not even two years come in and conveniently decides that she will use "anonymous" funds (as she testified to in a sworn deposition) to sue the county.  How convenient is that?   She put herself in the "spotlight" by filing this lawsuit and the amazing thing is, relatively speaking, she doesn't even live in close proximity to the airport.   They are using OUR taxpayer dollars to defend these lawsuits and conveniently, using "ANONYMOUS" funds to fund these lawsuits against the county, et al.   I DON'T GIVE A FLIP whether or not it is a private enterprise or a private individual.  Good judgment applies to both corporations and individuals alike.

#19 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,514 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:52 PM

If there is something I really have an issue with it's the thought that a mega corporation can come into a mostly rural community and think they can "arrange" things in their favor. I also have a problem with the thought that local citizens and representatives could possibly be manipulated to act in their favor.

I know if you throw enough money at an issue, the issue goes away, that doesn't mean that I need to support that concept.

BTW, is Whitey OK? Haven't seen him posting so I'm kind of concerned.
  • Beach Bum likes this

#20 Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,218 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:00 PM

If there is something I really have an issue with it's the thought that a mega corporation can come into a mostly rural community and think they can "arrange" things in their favor. I also have a problem with the thought that local citizens and representatives could possibly be manipulated to act in their favor.

I know if you throw enough money at an issue, the issue goes away, that doesn't mean that I need to support that concept.

EXACTLY!  Maybe the citizens of Paulding County will wake up and realize they are being "played" by someone else - and it is not Propeller Investments. :)

#21 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:16 PM

Just stopping by to say  Howdy....  :D

yes it does.... and I can read  the frustration in some of these post...... 

Yes, you can.

Frustrated with the BS and the "if you don't agree with my guy and support him 100%, then you are wrong" crap.

Not to mention the innuendos and lies.

Oh I can differentiate just fine.  Here we have a company that wants to bring jobs to our community thus bringing the distinct possibility of economic sustainability for future generations of Paulding County citizens.  Of course they are here to make money - that is the way it works. 

Then we have someone who has only lived in the county for not even two years come in and conveniently decides that she will use "anonymous" funds (as she testified to in a sworn deposition) to sue the county.  How convenient is that?  I DON'T GIVE A FLIP whether or not it is a private enterprise or a private individual.  Good judgment applies to both corporations and individuals alike.

Despite what David Austin and you apparently think, there are no Platinum Citizenship's.

One month, one year, two years, they are CITIZENS and can file all the lawsuits they want to, and they don't owe you, me or anyone else an explanation of who pays the bills.

You were a secretary in a law firm ("The" law firm?), surely if I know that, you know that.

So let it GOOOOOOOO.

Don't know Whitey.

Whitey is his own worst enemy, in my opinion.

But he is also one that I have said needed to quit making statements without facts, just like Beach Bum has done here today.

State facts and provide proof or shut up, like I said, all sides.

EXACTLY!  Maybe the citizens of Paulding County will wake up and realize they are being "played" by someone else - and it is not Propeller Investments. :)

Your support of a lying scumbag coward like Brett Smith makes me seriously wonder about your ethics and morals.

It is interesting to me, I fundamentally disagree with the stop the commercial people.

I tell them that all the time.

Yet, they treat me nice and never try and tell me "stories" about the pro people.

Nor have I been banned from the "Stop" FB page for asking questions.

I can't say the same about the pro people.

If anyone has proof that Todd Pownell has done something illegal or unethical, let me know.

I will take him to task about it.

But if all they have is whispers about this or that, don't care.

Same goes for David Austin, or anyone else, provide me with proof or I don't care.

Don't know how I can be any fairer than that.

• mojo413 likes this

#22 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:20 PM

Ohhhh, no need for anyone to do a records check on me.

Just ask me, I'll tell you, my life is an open book.

Well......except that one time at band camp.

• mojo413 likes this

#23 Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,218 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:24 PM

Yes, you can.

Frustrated with the BS and the "if you don't agree with my guy and support him 100%, then you are wrong" crap.

Not to mention the innuendos and lies.

Despite what David Austin and you apparently think, there are no Platinum Citizenship's.

One month, one year, two years, they are CITIZENS and can file all the lawsuits they want to, and they don't owe you, me or anyone else an explanation of who pays the bills.

You were a secretary in a law firm ("The" law firm?), surely if I know that, you know that.

So let it GOOOOOOOO.

Don't know Whitey.

Whitey is his own worst enemy, in my opinion.

But he is also one that I have said needed to quit making statements without facts, just like Beach Bum has done here today.

State facts and provide proof or shut up, like I said, all sides.

Your support of a lying scumbag coward like Brett Smith makes me seriously wonder about your ethics and morals.

It is interesting to me, I fundamentally disagree with the stop the commercial people.

I tell them that all the time.

Yet, they treat me nice and never try and tell me "stories" about the pro people.

Nor have I been banned from the "Stop" FB page for asking questions.

I can't say the same about the pro people.

If anyone has proof that Todd Pownell has done something illegal or unethical, let me know.

I will take him to task about it.

But if all they have is whispers about this or that, don't care.

Same goes for David Austin, or anyone else, provide me with proof or I don't care.

Don't know how I can be any fairer than that.

First off, I am a Paralegal, not a Secretary.  Look it up - there is a difference. 

Come on straidal - go do your own research.  Might want to start with Cobb County PUBLIC records.  I have confidence in you, you can do it.  :)

You know, I have always tried to be nice to you but when you come out and question my character about who I support and why, then I will return the favor.  Sorry....I am a human being. 

I notice you didn't say anything about Pownall's "lack of transparency" with the Open Records request.

#24 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:25 PM

Then we have someone who has only lived in the county for not even two years come in and conveniently decides that she will use "anonymous" funds (as she testified to in a sworn deposition) to sue the county.  How convenient is that?  I DON'T GIVE A FLIP whether or not it is a private enterprise or a private individual.  Good judgment applies to both corporations and individuals alike.

And you are no better than anyone else, You have made a living for yourself working in law offices helping folks doing the very thing that you now feel is very bad for the citizens of this County to have their day in court.

I am sure that the law firm in which you worked would of turned down the chance to represent anyone of the plaintiffs in this case RIGHT.

I lost all respect for Brett Smith when I saw him sneaking around in the BoC meeting room passing out information on a person that has attempted to exercise her rights guaranteed by the Constitution to seek redress from her Government

I lost respect for the LPF group when you and others from your group used the billboards in this County to smear the names of three duly elected commissioners who was only doing a job that they were elected to do.

You BeachBum like a lot from being lily white, 

It is very unfortunate that Sue Wilkins husband was involved in a motorcycle accident that resulted in the amputation of his leg in part and due to being unable to work and huge medical bills lost everything they had and was required to file bankruptcy Ther is more to this story than that but to be quite frank with you it really is none of your business!!!

But when you continue to belittle the plaintiffs do remember a couple of things for me please. Sues husband served this country in the armed forces of the United States so that we may still have the right to seek redress from our government of those things that we feel are deserving, and that you have made a very good living helping folks like her seek redress.... You should be ashamed!!!

To have unknown  persons doing pro bono  legal work is not unusual heck The Airport Authority and David Austin both had legal services as it relates to the IGA agreement done Pro Bono by attorney groups who was also doing other work for the county.... Of course you knew this but that was okay..... It was for the cause of the LPF group RIGHT SMH how ridiculous you have become

• mojo413 and radiohead like this
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has Margaret Mead

I oppose the airport expansion

http://www.savepauldingco.com/blog/

"And believe you me, if there was going to be airliners I would not be a part of this, never ever would I be a part of this"

#25 Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,218 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:27 PM

And you are no better than anyone else, You have made a living for yourself working in law offices helping folks doing the very thing that you now feel is very bad for the citizens of this County to have their day in court.

I am sure that the law firm in which you worked would of turned down the chance to represent anyone of the plaintiffs in this case RIGHT.

I lost all respect for Brett Smith when I saw him sneaking around in the BoC meeting room passing out information on a person that has attempted to exercise her rights guaranteed by the Constitution to seek redress from her Government

I lost respect for the LPF group when you and others from your group used the billboards in this County to smear the names of three duly elected commissioners who was only doing a job that they were elected to do.

You BeachBum like a lot from being lily white, 

It is very unfortunate that Sue Wilkins husband was involved in a motorcycle accident that resulted in the amputation of his leg in part and due to being unable to work and huge medical bills lost everything they had and was required to file bankruptcy Ther is more to this story than that but to be quite frank with you it really is none of your business!!!

But when you continue to belittle the plaintiffs do remember a couple of things for me please. Sues husband served this country in the armed forces of the United States so that we may still have the right to seek redress from our government of those things that we feel are deserving, and that you have made a very good living helping folks like her seek redress.... You should be ashamed!!!

To have unknown  persons doing pro bono  legal work is not unusual heck The Airport Authority and David Austin both had legal services as it relates to the IGA agreement done Pro Bono by attorney groups who was also doing other work for the county.... Of course you knew this but that was okay..... It was for the cause of the LPF group RIGHT SMH how ridiculous you have become

Care to explain the bolded statement Whitey? 

#26 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:37 PM

Are you okay with the rest of it?

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has Margaret Mead

"And believe you me, if there was going to be airliners I would not be a part of this, never ever would I be a part of this"

#27 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:37 PM

First off, I am a Paralegal, not a Secretary.  Look it up - there is a difference. 

Come on straidal - go do your own research.  Might want to start with Cobb County PUBLIC records.  I have confidence in you, you can do it.  :)

You know, I have always tried to be nice to you but when you come out and question my character about how I support and why, then I will return the favor.  Sorry....I am a human being. 

I notice you didn't say anything about Pownall's "lack of transparency" with the Open Records request.

Nope, don't need to look in public records.

I know that a lot of people love to and some, like Brett Smith, like to try and use that information to hurt private citizens.

But that's not me.

I have no clue about your open records request.

Perhaps it is being held up while they are still trying to figure out who Mike Jones was investigating about his "extortion" case.

You remember that.

He paid for those background checks with county money and yet no one knows who all were included in the checks.

Not only that, Mike Jones was responsible for some poor innocent slob being arrested and jailed for NO REASON.

What a screwed up situation that was.

Maybe once they get the rest of the names that we the citizens of Paulding county paid to have background checks run on, they can get to your request for Todd's personal phone records on the cell phone he pays for himself.

I hope so.

ETA, sorry, paralegal.

No offence to either occupation.

ETA, no offence to you either

Also, care to provide the facts and proof on the innuendos about Mr. Pownell?

Edited by stradial, 12 April 2016 - 07:39 PM.

• mrshoward and mojo413 like this

#28 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:07 PM

**NEWS**NEWS**NEWS**NEWS**NEWS**NEWS**

The Paulding Plaintiffs will finally have their day in court!

Both the Open Meetings Act and the Ultra Vires Lawsuits will be heard by Cobb Co.'s Judge Brantley on MaY 24th at 9:30 a.m.

Join us in Paulding County Superior Court for the lawsuits against the Airport Authority (for their violations of the Sunshine Laws) and the Industrial Building Authority & Airport Authority (for the misuse of our tax dollars) at last!!

Stay tune for more details.

This was just posted on the Stop face book page

EDITED THE DATE

• mojo413 likes this

#29 Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,218 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:17 PM

Are you okay with the rest of it?

No, I am not okay with it.  First off, a law firm is an admirable profession and most people, at one time or another, will need one in their lifetime.   The law profession is just like any other, there are good and there are bad.  I have been very fortunate in my career to work for some great law firms and great lawyers that are respected in their professions.  Lawyers sacrifice a lot including 3 years of grueling, complicated, life-consuming law school.  They then sacrifice their personal lives while preparing and studying for the Bar exam.  Of course, this is after a 4 year undergraduate degree.  I respect lawyers immensely for the time and dedication they put into becoming a lawyer. 

As to Let Paulding Fly and the billboards.  You might want to go review the documents Whitey.  Let Paulding Fly is a generic term and you will note that the Let Paulding Fly, Inc. group is not responsible nor did it pay for the billboards. 

As for Sue Wilkins' husband's accident, I am very sorry that they suffered this event.  I understand that there are life events sometimes that trigger bankruptcies, etc.; however, I can say that with 100% certainty that if I had filed bankruptcy, I would most certainly be thinking twice before I sued the county in which I lived thus costing taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars - especially when the "funders" of the lawsuit are "anonymous".  I can tell you "ain't  no way in heck" I am putting myself as  Plaintiff on a lawsuit when I don't know who is paying my attorney's fees and what their motivation is.  I would be asking about a thousand questions in those same circumstances as I know my name would be on the line. 

As for military service, I respect anyone who has served in the military.  Always have, always will.  We have many people in Paulding County that are Veterans, including one who is running for Commission Chair, Dave Carmichael.  I can't help but notice that you give him no respect Whitey.  In fact, Dave Carmichael has a very impressive military career.  I must have missed it but I have never seen you give kudos to him for this. 

As for those I support Whitey, I think LONG and HARD about those I support.  I don't offer my support for any person or organization lightly and without first doing my due diligence and investigating. 

I can't help but notice that you haven't responded to Todd's lack of responding to my Open Records Request.  How do you feel about Todd's lack of transparency Whitey?  I mean, Todd preaches it every day but doesn't practice it.  :)

On and you haven't answered my other question either Whitey - what did you mean by your statement that "you are a lot from being lilly white?" 

#30 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:17 PM

Hey Pubby is this the same guy that propeller hired?

http://www.tampabay....-issues/2262549

#31 Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,218 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:19 PM

Both the Open Meetings Act and the Ultra Vires Lawsuits will be heard by Cobb Co.'s Judge Brantley on March 24th at 9:30 a.m.

Join us in Paulding County Superior Court for the lawsuits against the Airport Authority (for their violations of the Sunshine Laws) and the Industrial Building Authority & Airport Authority (for the misuse of our tax dollars) at last!!

Stay tune for more details.

This was just posted on the Stop face book page

That is a great thing!  You did mean April 24th though, right?  Thanks for the information Whitey!

#32 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:41 PM

No, I am not okay with it.  First off, a law firm is an admirable profession and most people, at one time or another, will need one in their lifetime.   The law profession is just like any other, there are good and there are bad.  I have been very fortunate in my career to work for some great law firms and great lawyers that are respected in their professions.  Lawyers sacrifice a lot including 3 years of grueling, complicated, life-consuming law school.  They then sacrifice their personal lives while preparing and studying for the Bar exam.  Of course, this is after a 4 year undergraduate degree.  I respect lawyers immensely for the time and dedication they put into becoming a lawyer. 

As to Let Paulding Fly and the billboards.  You might want to go review the documents Whitey.  Let Paulding Fly is a generic term and you will note that the Let Paulding Fly, Inc. group is not responsible nor did it pay for the billboards. 

As for Sue Wilkins' husband's accident, I am very sorry that they suffered this event.  I understand that there are life events sometimes that trigger bankruptcies, etc.; however, I can say that with 100% certainty that if I had filed bankruptcy, I would most certainly be thinking twice before I sued the county in which I lived thus costing taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars - especially when the "funders" of the lawsuit are "anonymous".  I can tell you "ain't  no way in heck" I am putting myself as  Plaintiff on a lawsuit when I don't know who is paying my attorney's fees and what their motivation is.  I would be asking about a thousand questions in those same circumstances as I know my name would be on the line. 

As for military service, I respect anyone who has served in the military.  Always have, always will.  We have many people in Paulding County that are Veterans, including one who is running for Commission Chair, Dave Carmichael.  I can't help but notice that you give him no respect Whitey.  In fact, Dave Carmichael has a very impressive military career.  I must have missed it but I have never seen you give kudos to him for this. 

As for those I support Whitey, I think LONG and HARD about those I support.  I don't offer my support for any person or organization lightly and without first doing my due diligence and investigating. 

First I have always paid respect to Mr', Carmichael for his service to our county, always have and always will.

I have no respect for him in the manner that he sneaked around and made secret deals with propeller and kept that from the citizens for almost a year and then quit his post when the heat got a little too hot'

Never have understood why you belittle one of the plaintiffs and apparently agree with what Brett Smith did, to her,  but never mention the other five plaintiffs who have just as much standing in the lawsuits as the others and is benefitting from the pro bono legal service as much as anyone else ?

My opinion Brett Smith should of paid all the legal fees concerning the airport commercialization, Why should the citizens have to pay anything?

BeachBum what I am interested in is hearing the cases and let the courts resolve the issues, That is where it will eventually be resolved some day. Hopefully the Airport Authority will not delay the two cases scheduled to be heard May 24,2016 any further.

Hope you and the Let Paulding Fly group will encourage your side to hear those cases ASAP they have been laying there since December 2013.

• mojo413 likes this

#33 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:48 PM

Here is a update

Both the Open Meetings Act and the Ultra Vires Lawsuits will be heard by Cobb Co.'s Judge Brantley on May 24th at 9:30 a.m.

Stay tune for more details

• mojo413 likes this

#34 Glassdogs

Glassdogs

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:37 PM

It's good to see that Chip Lake has taken the gag off of Whitey.  

The stupidity level on P.com had fallen to a dangerously low mark.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

I guess you haven't been to Detroit recently?  Or, Newark or East St.Louis or Gary, IN, or Stockton, CA?

You know, those bastions of liberal Democrat government that have been so successful in attracting wealthy, educated leaders and businesspeople.  Progressive people,  who have uplifted the poorer of their brethren, so their city can be that bright example of how well Socialism works.

#35 Rose Luxemburg

Rose Luxemburg

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:03 AM

Here is a update

Both the Open Meetings Act and the Ultra Vires Lawsuits will be heard by Cobb Co.'s Judge Brantley on May 24th at 9:30 a.m.

Stay tune for more details

I am glad to see that cases are finally being heard, we deal the verdicts and move on...

#36 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,280 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:07 AM

I believe you have been fair up to this point in most of your observations and comments; however, I can guarantee you that I can hold my own with most anyone here when it comes to character, morals and integrity  and I DO support Brett Smith and Propeller. 

The Constitutional RIGHT to petition the government for redress of grievances applies

to everyone, even those who have suffered personal hardship and filed for bankruptcy.

8)

• The Sound Guy, WHITEY, NewsJunky and 2 others like this
A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable,
who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there
are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

#37 tbird

tbird

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:07 AM

The Constitutional RIGHT to petition the government for redress of grievances applies

to everyone, even those who have suffered personal hardship and filed for bankruptcy.

8)

You are correct. However, if she filed this case in her name, the Bankruptcy Trustee over her case will have taken an interest in the case. You are required to list any lawsuits you are a party of (or potentially will be involved in) on your Bankruptcy Petition. Even if she did not list it when she filed, I am sure that somebody from this group has let the Bankruptcy Trustee know about it by now. Since the Bankruptcy is public record, their attorneys would not have a problem getting the Trustee information. This can also hold her Bankruptcy case open until this lawsuit is finalized--one way or another.

• Glassdogs likes this

#38 krwills

krwills

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:09 AM

Oh Lawd! Where is Dr, Henson and his Quaalude dispenser when you need it?

• Dana, jenilyn and stradial like this
The postings you may read may not always be the thoughts of both owners..

Posted Image

#39 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:20 AM

You are correct. However, if she filed this case in her name, the Bankruptcy Trustee over her case will have taken an interest in the case. You are required to list any lawsuits you are a party of (or potentially will be involved in) on your Bankruptcy Petition. Even if she did not list it when she filed, I am sure that somebody from this group has let the Bankruptcy Trustee know about it by now. Since the Bankruptcy is public record, their attorneys would not have a problem getting the Trustee information. This can also hold her Bankruptcy case open until this lawsuit is finalized--one way or another.

I could be wrong, but I believe the lawsuit was filed long after the bankruptcy was finalized.
But you could check with Brett Smith (and others) for exact details.

#40 Glassdogs

Glassdogs

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:27 AM

I could be wrong, but I believe the lawsuit was filed long after the bankruptcy was finalized.
But you could check with Brett Smith (and others) for exact details.

I'm not at all sure why you are so wound up over this guy.   

Breath in through your nose and out through your mouth. 

Repeat.

Repeat.

Pat the cat.

Calm thoughts.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

I guess you haven't been to Detroit recently?  Or, Newark or East St.Louis or Gary, IN, or Stockton, CA?

You know, those bastions of liberal Democrat government that have been so successful in attracting wealthy, educated leaders and businesspeople.  Progressive people,  who have uplifted the poorer of their brethren, so their city can be that bright example of how well Socialism works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics