Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
mimosaflower

Hwy 61 south?

I saw it too.

Hwy 61 closed 04/03 from 7pm to 6am. (I think)

I ran into LadyRaider at Subway and we were scratching our heads wondering how they're going to re-route traffic.

A lot of 18-wheelers use that road but hopefully the word will get out.

And it has to do with that huge construction mess at NEBO.

Hiram Sudei between Bill Carruth and 92 will be closed for about a week starting on the 26th of this month.

Are you serious?? That intersection has been a mess for a couple of weeks now. I'll be so glad when they get it finished. I wish there was some way they could cut that hill down. Too many wrecks there.

Are you serious?? That intersection has been a mess for a couple of weeks now. I'll be so glad when they get it finished. I wish there was some way they could cut that hill down. Too many wrecks there.

Nope they had digital billboards up today stating the dates the road would be closed... It sucks cause that is the fastest, most direct route to kiddos school.

Edited by Rose Luxemburg

do not get me started on that mess at new ga.... I seen the sign april 3, which is on a sunday, from 7pm-6am.. so I am wondering is that 7pm sunday night April 3 until 6am monday morning april 4?

I saw it too.

Hwy 61 closed 04/03 from 7pm to 6am. (I think)

I ran into LadyRaider at Subway and we were scratching our heads wondering how they're going to re-route traffic.

A lot of 18-wheelers use that road but hopefully the word will get out.

And it has to do with that huge construction mess at NEBO.

it was good to see you, although all I did was complain about the mess at new ga..

do not get me started on that mess at new ga.... I seen the sign april 3, which is on a sunday, from 7pm-6am.. so I am wondering is that 7pm sunday night April 3 until 6am monday morning april 4?

it was good to see you, although all I did was complain about the mess at new ga..

LOL

Lawdy, remind me to never get on your bad side.

April 3rd is on a Sunday?? That's crazy!! That means 7:00 Sunday night until 6:00 Monday morning. What about folks trying to get to work Monday morning????? Why not Saturday night?

Nope they had digital billboards up today stating the dates the road would be closed... It sucks cause that is the fastest, most direct route to kiddos school.

That's how I get to anywhere!

ChocoMare are you talking about Hiram Sudie or Hwy.61 ? The intersection on 61 and Nebo won't have lights because it is supposed to be a ROUNDABOUT

roundabout? holly hell-o how do i get a copy of those plans?

roundabout? holly hell-o how do i get a copy of those plans?

I asked the same question, it went like this.

"The plans are on display."

"On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them."

"Thats the display department."

"With a flashlight."

"Ah, well, the lights had probably gone."

"So had the stairs."

"But look, you found the plans, didnt you?"

"Yes," I replied, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'."

Edited by stradial
  • Like 3

I asked the same question, it went like this.

"The plans are on display."

"On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them."

"Thats the display department."

"With a flashlight."

"Ah, well, the lights had probably gone."

"So had the stairs."

"But look, you found the plans, didnt you?"

"Yes," I replied, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'."

lol I ask because we were told red lights by one of the companies that are doing the construction.and a friend has a copy of the plans, and it calls for red lights, we were also told there were be a deaccleration lane going down 61 toward dallas. and I say one company because there are so many out here, that you never know who you are dealing with. but they all have one thing in common. they are leaving a trail of destruction were ever they go. we talked to the State DOT and she said she had recieved over 100 complaints from the construction going on here. and do not even get me started on paulding water..... sneaky slimy snakes

lol I ask because we were told red lights by one of the companies that are doing the construction.and a friend has a copy of the plans, and it calls for red lights, we were also told there were be a deaccleration lane going down 61 toward dallas. and I say one company because there are so many out here, that you never know who you are dealing with. but they all have one thing in common. they are leaving a trail of destruction were ever they go. we talked to the State DOT and she said she had recieved over 100 complaints from the construction going on here. and do not even get me started on paulding water..... sneaky slimy snakes

I don't have a real answer, I stole that one from "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" book.

I always thought it was funny and a little true.

• Like 1

I went to the community meeting that the DOT held about a year ago. They had a concept drawing showing the round about.

I went to the community meeting that the DOT held about a year ago. They had a concept drawing showing the round about.

awww ok..... those plans changed.... they would have had to buy more right away from property owners for the trucks to be able to use... so they changed it to red light.

No, the intersection of Nebo & 61 at the Texaco. However, I go to church with the site manager. The closer for that area is due a HUGE pipe that has to go under the intersection. This cannot be done without the closure.

So, is it going to be a roundabout or a traffic light? Back in early 2012, I was told it would be a "roundabout." We even had a discussion on it back then.

it is going to be traffic light, when the state did the truck count traveling hwy 61 it was to high, so therefore they would have had to buy more right away, for the big trucks to make the turns on the roundabout. so they changed it to traffic light. property owners were not willing to sale more property for a right away. to make a roundabout.

• Like 1

Lady Raider: I'm Sorry you're having so many problems with Baldwin Paving; most of my family works there ... just think how nice it will be in 2017 when they finally finish!

2017??

I got a feeling that didn't give Lady Raider the warm fuzzies.

:)

• Like 1

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Some people apparently want progress, want easy access, want reduced traffic, want shopping centers but want someone to wave a magic wand and presto the project is done. I do not go through there (61 & Nebo) a lot but I do go through there. The project is actually going pretty well and pretty quick. If you live on 61 or near an intersection maybe you should have thought about the possibility of expansion before you moved on a major county highway. This is what you get with population explosion , progress some call it. I would be happy if 61 was a dirt road with about a dozen cars a day on it. I do know that that intersection is a very dangerous one and has been for years. Full disclosure I am not involved with this project at any level but I am very familiar with construction projects.

• Like 1

Lady Raider: I'm Sorry you're having so many problems with Baldwin Paving; most of my family works there ... just think how nice it will be in 2017 when they finally finish!

It is not Baldwin paving I am having issues with, it is the water department who can not tell the truth, it is the gas company who blew a main gas line up, who also was reckless and did not close the gate on thier truck and came down the road wiping our mail box out, it was the tree cutting crew who let a tree fall on our fence. it was the logging trucks who ripped the cable and phone lines out from the side of our house. and our home was not suppose to be in the impact zone.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Some people apparently want progress, want easy access, want reduced traffic, want shopping centers but want someone to wave a magic wand and presto the project is done. I do not go through there (61 & Nebo) a lot but I do go through there. The project is actually going pretty well and pretty quick. If you live on 61 or near an intersection maybe you should have thought about the possibility of expansion before you moved on a major county highway. This is what you get with population explosion , progress some call it. I would be happy if 61 was a dirt road with about a dozen cars a day on it. I do know that that intersection is a very dangerous one and has been for years. Full disclosure I am not involved with this project at any level but I am very familiar with construction projects.

Stonewall I for one was fine with the 4 way stop... and actually this home has been here since 1980 which was a dirt road at one time. I have no issue with progress, however I do have an issue with how that progress is done. as I stated above it is the water department who can not tell the truth, it is the gas company who blew a main gas line up, (people had to stay in hotels) for 11 hours the main gas line sounded like a tornado roaring through here. (nebo/61 was closed) who also was reckless and did not close the gate on thier truck and came down the road wiping out street signs and wiped our mail box out,(Thankfully there were no kids walking on side of the road as ususally) it was the tree cutting crew who let a tree fall on our fence. it was the logging trucks who ripped the cable and phone lines out from the side of our house. water lines being dugged up, (no water) and our home was not suppose to be in the impact zone. but our home has been impacted. I have no issuse with progress itself. what I do have issues with is the lies that we have been told by specfic higher ups & the destruction that has came with this progress. and for the record, I can not predict the future back when our home was built here in 1980 there was no *busy* intersection, and like i stated above nebo was a dirt road at one time.. had we have known this area was going to explode like it has, then yes this home would not have been here. again I can not predict the future like some evidently can. All I ask is that the compaines doing this work have respect for homes that are NOT suppose to be in the impact zone by the construction. but that went out the window when the first tree was cut.

• Like 1

2017??

I got a feeling that didn't give Lady Raider the warm fuzzies.

:)

I would not call it the warm fuzzies lol but they did say 18 months, and it has been 6 months already :help:

:rofl: I know she didn't!

G-I-R-L ...... :diablo:

When I moved here, there may be a car every couple of minutes on 61. Now it takes several minutes to get on 61. Thats life!

Most of us understand "progress" and I think most of us understand a mistake can be made.

But I think we all can agree that in today's world, lack of common sense, pride and ability in one's work has sadly dropped to a new low.

When you have so many different companies working near or around your home, for that long, you have more risk for stupid stuff to happen and affect you negatively.

Edited by stradial
  • Like 1

Thanking my lucky stars I live in the NW part of the county - which has seen its own share of growth and increased traffic but nothing close to what it is in south Paulding. Yet.