Paulding.com

Local Family Loses House & Pets to Saturday Fire

Local Paulding County Animal Control and Paulding Humane Society volunteer, Edna Dowd and husband Steve, lost most of their possessions and three of their cats to a house fire on Saturday, February 13th.

Edna has been a dedicated volunteer with the animals here for many years working fostering pets until they could be adopted, helping at the shelter weekly and at fundraising events. If you would like to help this family who have worked so hard to make a difference in the community a fundraising page has been set up at FUNDRAZR https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/816Lke/ab/61Vcm1 with more information.

My heart has been breaking for Edna & Steve. :(

Many years of volunteering is an understatement. I've been volunteering here 10 years and she has been doing it much longer. She has adopted many and fostered, plus gotten many to rescues and into other adopted families.

Any support this community can give would be wonderful and much deserved to the support they have given.

Thanks in Advance!!

• Like 1

Immediate Needs such as shoes, socks, clothes, underwear and so on?? Things that they need like yesterday??

Do you know sizes? Women's sizes in particular? And shoe sizes.

They are trying to salvage what they can and wash clothes as possible, plus they are picking up an item or two.

At this time, they are still trying to figure out where they will be - they are staying at a Friend's House - and what next steps need to be done.

As soon as I know what they need, or PHS does, we will post.

Thank you for your wonderful offer.

• Like 2

Miss Sophie, I don't have any information on this Family but, I'm asking for info to see if I might can help in some way.

I thought of something which I believe the family would love for someone to do while they figure things out about they need or not need. They are not wanting to bring too much into the temp house they have, want to wait until they get a more stable environment.

Make a donation to the Animal Shelter in their name - food, toys, treats, bedding/towels, etc ....

They had some items (cat toys/pipe cleaners/towels/treats) set aside which was going to taken to the shelter. Everything was ruined and can not be taken. All was ruined in the fire & smoke.

Thanks for wanting to help out!

• Like 1

I thought of something which I believe the family would love for someone to do while they figure things out about they need or not need. They are not wanting to bring too much into the temp house they have, want to wait until they get a more stable environment.

Make a donation to the Animal Shelter in their name - food, toys, treats, bedding/towels, etc ....

They had some items (cat toys/pipe cleaners/towels/treats) set aside which was going to taken to the shelter. Everything was ruined and can not be taken. All was ruined in the fire & smoke.

Thanks for wanting to help out!

I have a 50 lb. bag of rice I can there take there Sat.

• 2 weeks later...

They are doing good, starting to figure out how to move on and get the house fixed.

So much to address and still trying to figure out what is salvageable and what will just need to be further destroyed/lost. Temp housing in place while they are working through all of the logistics. Thanks to the family that was able to provide housing!!

Thanks for all of the donations to the fund raiser and to the Animal Shelter in their name.

All is SO appreciated.

Please continue to keep them in your thoughts and prayers. Healing to continue ......