Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Dole Salad Recalled After Listeria Kills 1, Sickens 12

A listeria outbreak linked to Dole packaged salads has hospitalized 12 people in six states in the past six months, including a Michigan resident who died of the illness, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported Friday. In addition to Michigan, patients were from Indiana, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Massachusetts.

Tests from the Ohio Department of Agriculture found listeria bacteria in a package of Dole field greens produced at a processing facility in Springfield, Ohio. The bacteria was genetically related to the listeria found in people who became sick, according to the CDC.

Here's the full story: 1 dead, 11 others hospitalized in listeria outbreak linked to Dole salads

I have just looked up symptoms of Listeria infection. That explains why my mother and her husband were horridly ill after eating their sandwiches weeks ago. They did buy the bagged Dole shredded lettuces. Will have to share with her soon.

I refuse to buy bagged salad for that reason.

I make my salads fresh, wash everything and still hope I don't get e.coli.

Your parents are lucky they didn't end up in the hospital.

• Like 1