Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
The Sound Guy

Anybody else get "The Martian" today?

Bought the Bluray and Digital copy as I'm out of town and wanted to download to my tablet.. Now at 73% (500mb of 716 mb) I think the rest of people in the hotel are not happy with me.

Did I mention I loved this book and thought the movie was pretty good. (Though they really screwed up the ending, well, the books ending, everything on earth after he's picked up wasn't in the book)

Yep, came in from Amazon today. We will probably watch it Friday for datenight.

It better not suck like Gravity did.

No, they did a pretty good job as long as you didn't read the book. While they stretch a few things, not near as unbelievable as Gravity.

Not going to ruin it for you with details, but they screwed around with the commander's character, where the book emphasizes how she's a good commander and then she proves it, the movie has her emotions take over.

Matt does a kick butt job as Watney. I was worried when I heard he was cast for him but he pulls him off in style.

• Like 1

There are a number of you-tube videos where various people are interviewing the author - Andy Weir. They are well worth watching to see how the book came to be, and the amount of research he put into it.

I don't care for sci-fi anything really but loved the movie. Surprised me that I liked it. Just went because a friend of ours has written a few books about Mars and he wanted to go see the movie. It's a movie I wouldn't mind seeing again. Not because I'm a Matt Damon fan either. He's good, I guess but no big fan of his.

Only movie I can sit through with Matt Damon is "The Departed" because Wahlburg puts a slug in him at the end. Not big on Sci-Fi so I will skip this one. Heard it is pretty good if you like that kind of movie. JMO