Paulding.com

Fairview subdivision...off Goldmine in Yorkville....

a black couple in their 20's were peeping in windows of houses in that neighborhood. I guess trying to figure out what house they wanted to break into. They were driving a red Sion. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up :)

• Like 1

Wow, and I imagined they were from HGTV and looking for a house in need of a makeover :)

Honestly, I have no idea why these people were peering in windows ... but I wouldn't as a matter of course assume it had to be thievery without more information.

I suppose the story of Professor Louis Gates who lost the keys to his house holds no meaning or lesson.

pubby

Please, please, please. If anyone sees a couple, single or group of people they don't recognize looking in the windows of my house, be they black, white, purple or pokadot, assume that thievery IS their intention and act accordingly.

• Like 11

This from the 5pm Fox 5 News.

Suspicious woman reported at a home on St. Charles Ave.

Paulding Sheriffs show up and find woman trying to get in partially opened garage door.

Woman points gun at LE, LE fires at woman, woman is arrested for burglary and aggravated assault charges.

Shame on someone for reporting suspicious activity, don't they know that is racist?

Edited by stradial
  • Like 1

Paulding Sheriffs show up and find woman trying to get in partially opened garage door.

Woman points gun at LE, LE fires at woman, woman is arrested for burglary and aggravated assault charges.

Pulling race card in 3..2..1 BAM ! :p

Shame on someone for reporting suspicious activity, don't they know that is racist?

Edited by CitizenCain

Apparently from Goldmine to St Charles it is about 10 miles or a 10 minute drive.

This time of the year especially is when I would be suspicious of strange people looking into windows of houses. Or loitering around neighborhoods.

First time ever in years I had a package stolen right from my front door in the middle of a broad day light. Saw it there when I was pulling into garage, but since I was out for a while had to take my dog outback when I got in first. By the time I was back, literally minutes later, the box was gone. Neighbors are never home at that time in the afternoon so nobody saw anything.

So yep, I'd be suspicious of anyone right about now.

• Like 3

This time of the year especially is when I would be suspicious of strange people looking into windows of houses. Or loitering around neighborhoods.

First time ever in years I had a package stolen right from my front door in the middle of a broad day light. Saw it there when I was pulling into garage, but since I was out for a while had to take my dog outback when I got in first. By the time I was back, literally minutes later, the box was gone. Neighbors are never home at that time in the afternoon so nobody saw anything.

So yep, I'd be suspicious of anyone right about now.

The good news is, the government says crime is down.

• Like 1

Wow, and I imagined they were from HGTV and looking for a house in need of a makeover :)

Honestly, I have no idea why these people were peering in windows ... but I wouldn't as a matter of course assume it had to be thievery without more information.

I suppose the story of Professor Louis Gates who lost the keys to his house holds no meaning or lesson.

pubby

Did you not read the original post? It said "peeping in windows of houses". Houses = more than one. What logical reason would they have to peep in windows of multiple houses other than something nefarious?

• Like 3

If they peep in my window they will be peeping down the barrel of a .223 complete with 30 little packages of joy at the other end. Black, white, green, male, female, young or old. Don't say old Stonewall discriminates. Seriously Punky I think you just argue to argue no one is that liberal or stupid by accident.

• Like 1

That is one reason why I have my Sophie!! Totally black and 65# of solid muscle and she froths at the mouth when someone gets close to the door, window, yard. I would never even "think" to try to enter a house with Sophie protecting it.

I have 150lbs that literally rattles the windows. He has never attacked, but he won't stand down until I tell him to.

• Like 1

I'm a little confused. There's this op's original topic about Fairview subdivision, then yesterday there was a news report of a lady who pointed a gun at an officer and he shot back but did not hit her, and a male found dead yesterday who was shot. Where were these 3 incidents in relation to each other? And any updates on the last 2?

For the record, I agreed with creative one that the law should be called to investigate.

But without more information, I'm reluctant to call someone a thief.

pubby

For the record, I agreed with creative one that the law should be called to investigate.

But without more information, I'm reluctant to call someone a thief.

pubby

Yet you have no problem referring to those you have political spats with as "Troglodytes". 8)

Large amount of stuff going on yesterday, in and around the neighborhood around Nebo and the golf course.

About 11 am I look out to see some random guy standing in the backyard talking on a cell phone. Go out and run him off. 11:30 look out the bedroom window and there's a deputy, gun in hand, walking thru the front yard. Figure it's about the random guy but no, he's looking for an entirely different random guy who has apparently run thru my property. Just about noon half of the deputies that had gathered up in the hood take off lights and sirens. I'm thinking this has to be one of the two but apparently it was this mess on Campground which is maybe a mile as the crow flies.

I could do with less excitement.