Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
JSC

Please, The old Paulding .com, come back.....

I used to love getting on here , having my coffee & & catching up on local county news & stuff that's happening..... if I heard a siren , usually within min. I could look on here & know what was happening... where it was , if a car wreck, what the car was, etc, etc... & if there was a shooting, a drug raid, etc. etc. BUT, I don't know what happened.... Why not any info here any more? are you NOT allowed Paulding .com. or what has happened? I like Paulding .com way over Face book, "Paulding uncensored".... I like them too, but does not compare to the personal touch & personal responses on Paulding .com. Come on ya'll come on back here...

• Like 7

I'm with you, JSC!!! I'm sick of seeing the non-sense topics that NO ONE replies to, it's NOT just one a day. Sometimes it's 2, 3 or more. Too much political stuff, too!!

• Like 5

I agree 100%. I hardly ever get on her anymore because there is nothing of interest. The site used to be wonderful but not anymore.

• Like 2

I miss the good ol' days too. We need more updates on road construction (or lack thereof), more info on our school system, more info on our local economy and less ramblings of an old post office wannabe. We need threads about people accomplishing great things. Good news for a change rather than all the bickering.

• Like 3

Maybe we could start once a week or twice a month meeting at a local establishment

and singing karioke or playing cards or a movie etc... as I TRULY miss the :wub: :wub: :wub:

Just Call me the PCOM GOFER!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

loveboat21_1.jpg

Never gonna happen. Too many folks have other ways to communicate. Social Media has moved to a different level. Lots of folks just lost interest because of the meanness, here. Yes, I have participated, this site really brings out something in me even I don't really like.

There's no reason to take a beating when you can just have fun with your friends and cut up about mutual interests. So glad Zuckerburg doesn't get too involved in conversations.

I HATE WALMART!!

OH MY GAWD..... I see some things never change :rofl:

• Like 1

Never gonna happen. Too many folks have other ways to communicate. Social Media has moved to a different level. Lots of folks just lost interest because of the meanness, here. Yes, I have participated, this site really brings out something in me even I don't really like.

There's no reason to take a beating when you can just have fun with your friends and cut up about mutual interests. So glad Zuckerburg doesn't get too involved in conversations.

At this point, pcom is hoping to simply survive. The old pcom left us long ago.

Edited by ApolloBeachRetiree
  • Like 4

At this point, pcom is hoping to simply survive. The old pcom left us long ago.

Another opinion that doesn't pay my bills, nor anyone else's, ABR!

If a social media survives only on people being able to do like Donald Trump, and stay with some kind of language that attracts the most people, it needs to fall like Trump is going to fall.

If Trump doesn't fall in the Primary, Hillary will have a field day with his arse!

Edited by The Postman

If there is a problem with P.com, it's sort of like the First Responders, who are still dying from responding to the Word Trade Center disaster, These people are better people than the ones we voted into Congress. These people are having to fight for health coverage for the health conditions they developed trying to help the injured and dying on Sept.11, 2001!

I just tough it out when people cut me down, for caring about things where cops shoot teanagers 16 times, and take people's money on the highway, while claiming they are fighting illegal drugs.

Sometimes I wonder how Georgians don't get more concerned about their education, when I look at state by state statistics. But, if I mention anything about education, it's me who is the dummy.

I actually like the changes, on P.com, as compared to how it used to be. Keeping on doing the same old things that we were doing back in the so called good old days, of P.com, were getting us the same old results we were always getting. That was a situation where you had to be a conservative in order to get along with the membership, even though the Publisher of the website leans more liberal.

Some people would spend their time loggy gagging, and shun politics, when it's politics that actually matters. People like ISIS can get us thinking of war, but nothing seems to get us thinking of our own educations, and our own understandings of life, with our neighbors, and the people we are supposed to love.

We voted that bunch of congressmen into office, who are letting First Responders die rather than lift a finger to help them.

Why is Rich man, Donald Trump, doing so well in his support group, while other countries are beginning to ban him from visiting their country? It seems to me that they would want his rich arse to land his big plain there. Maybe it's because they are better educated than we are.

Edited by The Postman

I'm not going to get into the blame game about this; my opinion would not matter anyway.

But other and newer forms of social media has definitely hurt forums. Every forum I'm on has declined in membership and activity because of Facebook and other media being the "in" thing. Even The Hwy has struggled to grow, though we are doing OK.

I do Facebook too, but the formats are very different and each has it's place. I like Facebook for keeping up with friends and family, and re-connecting with old friends and family. My content there is usually light hearted and fun.

I still prefer the forum format for real discussion and debate though.

• Like 1

I'm not going to get into the blame game about this; my opinion would not matter anyway.

But other and newer forms of social media has definitely hurt forums. Every forum I'm on has declined in membership and activity because of Facebook and other media being the "in" thing. Even The Hwy has struggled to grow, though we are doing OK.

I do Facebook too, but the formats are very different and each has it's place. I like Facebook for keeping up with friends and family, and re-connecting with old friends and family. My content there is usually light hearted and fun.

Problem with many forums is people are posting way too many threads about cats. Enough with the cats already!

8)

• Like 1

I'm out of likes, but I actually liked that, G D!

My facebook friends, are conservatives. I guess it's because I am Angelo Saxon, and my friends, and family are also Angelo Saxon, for the most part. Even people who are not, like us because they just like big families, I guess.

I am losing popularity, even on facebook, for referring to things about education, understanding, Foxy Lotsy psychology, and Chicken Little go along to get along, and Henny Pinny gossip. I have also admitted being more liberal than conservative, and even though I still support guns, I claim to be an old fashion Republican.

LLsqQ.jpeg

Keep you :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: posted for posts in the near future

for meeting around town. I would like to start a TEXT circle

for p.com sorta like a NIXLE alert but strictly for p.com peeps

you would still be able to keep your anonymity :ninja:

Pm me or text me if you are interested ;)

I used to love getting on here , having my coffee & & catching up on local county news & stuff that's happening..... if I heard a siren , usually within min. I could look on here & know what was happening... where it was , if a car wreck, what the car was, etc, etc... & if there was a shooting, a drug raid, etc. etc. BUT, I don't know what happened.... Why not any info here any more? are you NOT allowed Paulding .com. or what has happened? I like Paulding .com way over Face book, "Paulding uncensored".... I like them too, but does not compare to the personal touch & personal responses on Paulding .com. Come on ya'll come on back here...

i think the old guard got tired of being called out on their hypocrisy

i think the old guard got tired of being called out on their hypocrisy

I am out of likes, Pinches, but you are exactly right, I think!

Even on the beloved Facebook, there is a tradition that families and friends keep. If one expresses a different attitude, among his/her group of friends and family, he/she either gets shunned of jumped stratile of.

Leaning Liberal in my group of family, and friends, is somewhat of a sin against humanity, so to speak.

Edited by The Postman

I understand that we've probably upset people in every imaginable group both by commission and omission.

That is the price of offering a forum where free speech is encouraged.

I don't think people truly realize that such a forum is represents. As a believer in free speech, including those opinions with which I oppose, I obviously do.

pubby

But Pubby, it is apparent the folks here in Paulding do not want to hear dissenting opinions, no less have have anyone counter their opinion. Nothing less than accolades being spewed forth non stop in support of their stances will ever suffice........

1st amendment be damned... Guess that is the first to go when the Constitutional Convention opens up.. The only right anyone will have is the right to agree with them, cause they are, according to them, 100% right all the time, lol.......

• Like 3

1st amendment rights may give you the right to go after someone personally, but other than politicians, is it the right thing to do? I think everyone running for political office should be fully vetted.

Personal attacks, whether typed here or on a "show" aren't nice, remember you have to live in the same community as those folks. Be prepared for the backlash when they've had enough.

• Like 4

I agree Tundra things have gotten way out of control and people need to stop screaming at each other and talking to each other. I think a lot of us have said things we shouldn't have in the heat of the moment, but we can choose to wake up tomorrow and do things differently. Patti and I had the opportunity recently to meet with Brett and Mark over at Propeller and I came out of the meeting with a different POV about them. They are really nice people and got the impression that they would be willing to sit down with others too. I hope you will consider talking to them.

Something really has to change in this community soon. What we have on our hands now is a complex mess with a lot of unintended consequences. I like what Albert Einstein said--- You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world from anew...

I agree Tundra things have gotten way out of control and people need to stop screaming at each other and talking to each other. I think a lot of us have said things we shouldn't have in the heat of the moment, but we can choose to wake up tomorrow and do things differently. Patti and I had the opportunity recently to meet with Brett and Mark over at Propeller and I came out of the meeting with a different POV about them. They are really nice people and got the impression that they would be willing to sit down with others too. I hope you will consider talking to them.

Something really has to change in this community soon. What we have on our hands now is a complex mess with a lot of unintended consequences. I like what Albert Einstein said--- You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world from anew...

I have no desire to talk to anyone that is responsible for this entire debacle. He should have come and talked to the citizens before he started this sh*t!! Of course you would think it's okay, you have no problem switching sides as it suits your needs. I will continue to tell everyone I know what the "loose lips sinks ships" guy thinks of our community and the red neck hicks that live here.

He may convince you and Patti, you know with your degrees and all, but he lost his chance, along with those elected and appointed officials, when they decided to fly all over the US on the taxpayer dime to see those "other airports" while I was over here trying to save my business and deal with my cancer, my mom's imminent death and now my dad's lung cancer. It's a shame I couldn't trust elected officials to do the right thing instead of being bamboozled. I wish I had a million dollars a year from the government to start up a company and keep it growing.

I have said from the beginning they could have sold Disney, Vegas, Vail...........but no, they wanted to wait until it was a "done deal" to let the peons know. You see I'm appalled about the way we have been treated by you, Patti, Pubby, Brett Smith, the members of the PCAA and the previous BOC. I'm not some podunk little girl that spent her life out in the country. I spent 18 years in Chicago, I've seen people like this my entire life and I've seen them decimate families without a thought about it. As long as they get some financial reward, they could care less about you. I actually thought you and Patti were smarter than that, I was wrong about that and many other things about you two.

• Like 3

Tundra is spot on. I guess I will add my two cents worth since the door was opened.

I do applaud pubby for allowing mostly free speach, and I will even admit that pubby himself has put up with a lot of abuse that I would not have. But there is a difference between free speech and personal attacks or unnecesary ugliness. On the forums where I mod, members are allowed to discuss virtually anything so long as they do it in a manner that fits within the standards of the forum rules. All that means is that you must do so without using inappropriate language, posting nudity, using overtly racial slurs, etc. Put more simply...they can discuss most anything so long as they keep it decent. On my forums, we usually try to maintain a PG-13 ish rating, if that helps you to get an idea.

We also ask that the discussion remain reletivily civil. We don't allow personal attacks or excessive name calling. We don't allow threats of violence against members of the forums or their families or threats of legal action. If that happenes, the moderation staff steps in with whatever action is appropriate to the situation.

We also don't allow other members to jump on a poster just because his/her opinion was unpopular. I could make a case that free speech is really not allowed here to some extent, because the P'Com mafia will crawl all over you if you post certain things. And then there's the ban on aboooortion discussion . 'Nuff about that.

It's much the same way in our real life legal system. As Americans, we have the right to free speech. But that right sometines ends when the rights of others are violated. You have the right to speak freely, but that doesn't mean you can slander someone or threaten them. It doesn't mean you can disrupt other people's lives or even a business. You can go to jail for that stuff. And yes, there is some regulation allowed in freedom of speech. EX: You have the right to protest, but the local government might require that you get a permit to do so, and abide by certain rules while you protest.

Of course, this is just my opinion. Pubby's forum and pubby's rules. I do not challenge that.

OK, I'm done. Got a dinner date with a gorgeous wife. Ciao!

• Like 3

Tundra is spot on. I guess I will add my two cents worth since the door was opened.

I do applaud pubby for allowing mostly free speach, and I will even admit that pubby himself has put up with a lot of abuse that I would not have. But there is a difference between free speech and personal attacks or unnecesary ugliness. On the forums where I mod, members are allowed to discuss virtually anything so long as they do it in a manner that fits within the standards of the forum rules. All that means is that you must do so without using inappropriate language, posting nudity, using overtly racial slurs, etc. Put more simply...they can discuss most anything so long as they keep it decent. On my forums, we usually try to maintain a PG-13 ish rating, if that helps you to get an idea.

We also ask that the discussion remain reletivily civil. We don't allow personal attacks or excessive name calling. We don't allow threats of violence against members of the forums or their families or threats of legal action. If that happenes, the moderation staff steps in with whatever action is appropriate to the situation.

We also don't allow other members to jump on a poster just because his/her opinion was unpopular. I could make a case that free speech is really not allowed here to some extent, because the P'Com mafia will crawl all over you if you post certain things. And then there's the ban on aboooortion discussion . 'Nuff about that.

It's much the same way in our real life legal system. As Americans, we have the right to free speech. But that right sometines ends when the rights of others are violated. You have the right to speak freely, but that doesn't mean you can slander someone or threaten them. It doesn't mean you can disrupt other people's lives or even a business. You can go to jail for that stuff. And yes, there is some regulation allowed in freedom of speech. EX: You have the right to protest, but the local government might require that you get a permit to do so, and abide by certain rules while you protest.

Of course, this is just my opinion. Pubby's forum and pubby's rules. I do not challenge that.

OK, I'm done. Got a dinner date with a gorgeous wife. Ciao!

This commercial message was brought to you by ___ .com

;) Just kidding......

• Like 1

This commercial message was brought to you by ___ .com

;) Just kidding......

I mentioned no names. And one is only for trade members. :)

I totally agree with that, Rose!

What is important to us always has a strong belief associated with it. I am a liberal leaning person, who has payed very close attention to the conservative point of view over the years.

I was just listening to an old Conservative, who I heard speak in a lot of debates. It was sad how his life ended in the attitude he finally came to have.

Edited by The Postman

Tundra we all view this issue from our POV and it is a sad note that one cant change their opinion or at least refine it in light of time and new information.

My biggest issue with this airport debacle is still the way it was done in the sense that there appears to be the real possibility that unintentional or intentional shortcuts to procedures,etc. were taken and potential violations of open meetings laws were taken by our own elected officials and appointed authority members. The courts will ultimately sort thru the issue and decide if it was intentional or not. As far as the loose lips, most business deals of this type would fall under some sort of NDA, fair enough as far as I am concerned. I have had to sign these type of documents before doing analysis to support building specialty hospitals...

My view point has changed or softened in regards to the anonymous benefactor of all these lawsuits whose purpose appears to be the preservation of a monopoly 30 miles to the south of us. I am not comfortable with monopolies and much subscribe to letting the market decide and if that includes Propeller losing millions and heading back to New York, then fine be it. That to me is much more palatable than monopolistic interests deciding what is best for Paulding. However, in that regard, it is a sad note that the average person does not have the means via the current legal set up to seek any kind of meaningful recourse in the event of government wrongdoings. Government should should be an honorable institution and no citizen should have to have 500K laying around to make sure government is honorable and should not have to get lucky and win the "lawyer lottery" aka being the front men for monopolist interests who just so happen to align with yours.

My primary beef with this airport from the get go has the poor treatment of people I know that live directly around the airport by the airport. I really have issues with commercialization if they cant even develop Good Neighbor policies for the GAA. However, there may be some progress in that direction. Time will tell...

I am concerned about the environmental impacts. But the fact of the matter is that a large majority of of the WMA is leased lands and is subject to being developed at any time based on the desires of the landholder. There have been plans out there to develop the COA land since at least 2007-8 that were commonly known, its just a matter of time as far as I am concerned.

The primary concerns I have at this point is the amount of money spent by Paulding County on lawsuits, this could go on for years. I know a lot of money has spent to date on the airport, etc. but those are sunk costs, you cant get that money back. I am looking at future expenses and I am concerned that inadequate analysis has been done. The Chamber study addresses revenues only and does not address expenses and I really would have liked to have seen income and expenses under multiple scenarios as one would do with a pro forma analysis. Also, I think the County should have done this type of analysis during their due diligence PRIOR to signing the contract with Propeller.

We can talk about what should and could have been done but the reality is we have a contract and you just cant go around breaking contracts without there being consequences--like even more lawsuits, ugh..

I think I am just being realistic in assessing changing political, legal and economic assessments and that casts me somewhere in the middle of seeing both POVs... but if forced to choose, I say let the 139 go thru and let free market capitalism decide and I give the royal finger to monopolistic interests....

• Like 2

Tundra we all view this issue from our POV and it is a sad note that one cant change their opinion or at least refine it in light of time and new information.

My biggest issue with this airport debacle is still the way it was done in the sense that there appears to be the real possibility that unintentional or intentional shortcuts to procedures,etc. were taken and potential violations of open meetings laws were taken by our own elected officials and appointed authority members. The courts will ultimately sort thru the issue and decide if it was intentional or not. As far as the loose lips, most business deals of this type would fall under some sort of NDA, fair enough as far as I am concerned. I have had to sign these type of documents before doing analysis to support building specialty hospitals...

My view point has changed or softened in regards to the anonymous benefactor of all these lawsuits whose purpose appears to be the preservation of a monopoly 30 miles to the south of us. I am not comfortable with monopolies and much subscribe to letting the market decide and if that includes Propeller losing millions and heading back to New York, then fine be it. That to me is much more palatable than monopolistic interests deciding what is best for Paulding. However, in that regard, it is a sad note that the average person does not have the means via the current legal set up to seek any kind of meaningful recourse in the event of government wrongdoings. Government should should be an honorable institution and no citizen should have to have 500K laying around to make sure government is honorable and should not have to get lucky and win the "lawyer lottery" aka being the front men for monopolist interests who just so happen to align with yours.

My primary beef with this airport from the get go has the poor treatment of people I know that live directly around the airport by the airport. I really have issues with commercialization if they cant even develop Good Neighbor policies for the GAA. However, there may be some progress in that direction. Time will tell...

I am concerned about the environmental impacts. But the fact of the matter is that a large majority of of the WMA is leased lands and is subject to being developed at any time based on the desires of the landholder. There have been plans out there to develop the COA land since at least 2007-8 that were commonly known, its just a matter of time as far as I am concerned.

The primary concerns I have at this point is the amount of money spent by Paulding County on lawsuits, this could go on for years. I know a lot of money has spent to date on the airport, etc. but those are sunk costs, you cant get that money back. I am looking at future expenses and I am concerned that inadequate analysis has been done. The Chamber study addresses revenues only and does not address expenses and I really would have liked to have seen income and expenses under multiple scenarios as one would do with a pro forma analysis. Also, I think the County should have done this type of analysis during their due diligence PRIOR to signing the contract with Propeller.

We can talk about what should and could have been done but the reality is we have a contract and you just cant go around breaking contracts without there being consequences--like even more lawsuits, ugh..

I think I am just being realistic in assessing changing political, legal and economic assessments and that casts me somewhere in the middle of seeing both POVs... but if forced to choose, I say let the 139 go thru and let free market capitalism decide and I give the royal finger to monopolistic interests....

So if a Paulding county employee signs a contract with a company, in secret, to put a hazardous waste dump in downtown Dallas and the citizens find out about it and many start saying they don't want it, and there are questions (you mentioned them yourself) about whether there are violations to ethics rules and open meeting laws.

You are saying that screw it, honor the contract and put the dump in, then figure out if it was a legal contract?

How about the verbal contract that was made to the citizens of this county?

"Never ever"

Ohhhh, this non disclosure agreement thing.

I've signed one, you've signed one, all God's children have signed one.

Everyone mentions this as the reason why Mr. Pownell wasn't brought into the loop.

That's crap, if Mr. Pownell had signed such an agreement, then he would have been bound by it legally, just like the rest of us are when we signed one.

Let's be honest, this was kept from him, not because of a non disclosure agreement, cause I can promise those things are not meant to keep information away from people that have to be or at least should be part of the decision making process.

Mr.Pownell wasn't brought into the loop, because people were afraid he would object to the project.

I think the point that people are missing is that once 139 is here, there ain't no easy way to get rid of it and the people of this county are on the hook for the cost of maintaining it.

It ain't like that great idea of a movie studio, where if it doesn't work, we just sell the building quick and make a profit out of it, or at least get our money.....ohhh wait, that isn't happening either.

That is just a freaking building and we can't even get some of our money back on that.

I have yet to see anyone who I trust enough to be able to know what the hell they are doing with this airport and to blindly rush into something that has loooooooooong term consequences is not only ridiculous, I would say that it borders on malfeasance, or at the very least stupidity.

Until someone shows me that they can run a general aviation airport, just a tiny little bit successfully, then I say wait on the 139.

After all, according to what Mr. Swafford told me, all we promised to do was apply for the 139.

Besides, has Propeller fulfilled their part of the contract concerning the escrow money?

I don't know, I am asking.

Edited by stradial
  • Like 2

First of all there is no monopoly............that's hogwash. Hartsfield is Delta's hub, like O'hare was United's, Detroit was Northwest's. Rose, you have hurt a lot of people with your words and mockery. It won't just go away.

Your reality and mine are not the same. All they have to do is drop the 139, hire at least a marketing company that can sell a General Aviation airport, and let the citizens voices be heard. You cannot deny election results because people don't think enough people came out to vote, the results cannot be changed, it's a done deal.

What should have been done would have prevented this large group of opposition. Propeller and Brett Smith have created this debacle and our elected officials fell for it (looks like you have, too). If it goes on for years, you can thank your new BFF Brett Smith. He underestimated us, just like he did those in Gwinnett. Biggest difference in here and there? These people have already had experience fighting airports.

Due diligence was not done, flying around the country from airport to airport and accepting an astronauts "recommendation", when in fact he's an investor in the very company trying to get rich off the government, is not quite the financial data I'm looking for. If I went to a bank with the credentials Propeller did, they'd laugh me out of the lobby.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda, is over. What's done is done and I hope who ever is behind these law suits stays around long enough to change the make up of this entire county and the GOBs that have run it for years.

You cannot make fun of me and my friends and expect us to have any respect left for you or your friends. Mockery is not flattering to the people that are doing it.

Edited by tundra
  • Like 1

So if a Paulding county employee signs a contract with a company, in secret, to put a hazardous waste dump in downtown Dallas and the citizens find out about it and many start saying they don't want it, and there are questions (you mentioned them yourself) about whether there are violations to ethics rules and open meeting laws.

You are saying that screw it, honor the contract and put the dump in, then figure out if it was a legal contract?

How about the verbal contract that was made to the citizens of this county?

"Never ever"

Ohhhh, this non disclosure agreement thing.

I've signed one, you've signed one, all God's children have signed one.

Everyone mentions this as the reason why Mr. Pownell wasn't brought into the loop.

That's crap, if Mr. Pownell had signed such an agreement, then he would have been bound by it legally, just like the rest of us are when we signed one.

Let's be honest, this was kept from him, not because of a non disclosure agreement, cause I can promise those things are not meant to keep information away from people that have to be or at least should be part of the decision making process.

Mr.Pownell wasn't brought into the loop, because people were afraid he would object to the project.

I think the point that people are missing is that once 139 is here, there ain't no easy way to get rid of it and the people of this county are on the hook for the cost of maintaining it.

It ain't like that great idea of a movie studio, where if it doesn't work, we just sell the building quick and make a profit out of it, or at least get our money.....ohhh wait, that isn't happening either.

That is just a freaking building and we can't even get some of our money back on that.

I have yet to see anyone who I trust enough to be able to know what the hell they are doing with this airport and to blindly rush into something that has loooooooooong term consequences is not only ridiculous, I would say that it borders on malfeasance, or at the very least stupidity.

Until someone shows me that they can run a general aviation airport, just a tiny little bit successfully, then I say wait on the 139.

After all, according to what Mr. Swafford told me, all we promised to do was apply for the 139.

Besides, has Propeller fulfilled their part of the contract concerning the escrow money?

I don't know, I am asking.

I think I love you. :wub: :wub: :wub: Seriously, St. Radial, you get it, you really do and you're not even opposed to commercialization. :good:

• Like 3