Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
WHITEY

Paulding Chamber being challanged on airport issue

The nice elderly lady did speak up about those services being important.

She did not count on anonymous internet commentators to carry her water.

She attended one of those radical "town hall" meetings, you know, the ones that some poor deluded lady is suing over, and spoke directly to her county commissioner about the problems she and the people who attend her church are having.

I know, I was within 4' of her when she did so.

The gentleman that she indicated who helped carry water was another elderly fellow and while people from this generation are used to taking care of themselves and not complaining, I was happy (and saddened) to hear her bring up the point that her church has three wells on the property, all three which have run dry, and that the church doesn't have the money to dig another well and wanted to know when they could expect county water to be available in her church's area.

I have been very clear about my stance on the airport, don't (blanking) give a good (blanking) either way.

But I do give a good (blanking) damn when people in this county don't have water services in 2015.

That's right, it's 2015 and these poor elderly people are carrying water from their homes to the church to flush their toilets.

And your response is they should have have been bitching, loudly and often, before now, if they wanted water??

Yet, you put down people who are bitching loudly and often about something they don't like?

I guess this is a no (blanking) win deal for some people.

Don't say anything and you should have spoken up.

Say something and you are trouble makers.

I get it, I really do get it.

There is enough BS on both sides of this airport issue, but for goodness sake, why in the hell do we need to try and discredit the points that are made that are right and correct, no matter which side they come from.

The only part of your post that I consider in any way helpful or that isn't BS, is the part where you say, that having an airport doesn't preclude having water service.

I don't know how true that is, but at least it is, from what I understand, based on some (could be 100% for all I know) truth.

I can tell you this, that elderly lady speaking about the deacons having to carry water so they could flush their toilets really struck a nerve with me.

I do not know this to be a fact, but I would bet dollars to donuts that there isn't but maybe one of those deacons under 65 years old.

And like I said, people from that generation don't make it a habit of bitching about their problems, they make it a habit of taking care of themselves.

But there was a "town hall" style meeting and they decided to attend and say something and I for one was ashamed of my county.

We live withing 40 minutes one of the largest cities in the southeast and we have elderly people hauling water in the year 2015.

Unacceptable to me as well as unbelievable.

I made this point in another post a while back.

You ain't gonna get no (blanking) businesses worth a damn in this county, until you get a water and sewage system throughout the county.

Ask Cherokee county, they knew that and they put it in and now look at it.

(of course that is a double edge sword)

Yes, I'm mad.

I am mad at those who will not say:

"YES!!, that part of what you say is a real and true problem and we need to work on that. However, I disagree with your reasoning on the cause of the problem."

or

"I agree with "this", but "that" I do not agree with."

Instead, it is, who said it?

"Ohhhh, then let's degrade it and call it false."

This is not limited to any one side, I have seen it happen on both sides.

Let's move past that crap and try and make sure that in the year 2016, we don't have elderly people having to bring water to church, so they can go to the bathroom.

I don't think that is too much to ask, regardless if we want commercial airplanes or don't want commercial airplanes.

(besides, at my age, if I ever did go to church, I know I am going to have to go peepee a few times)

BAM! That's all I have to add.

• Like 4

And by the way nice green it was even mentioned at the Airport meeting this week, because nothing has been done since it was mentioned at the Town hall meeting and the following Board of Commissioners meeting

What is upsetting to the residents of the airport area is the FACT that the County spent $1.200,000 for a water tank to provide water pressure to the corporate hanger yet still failed to run water to residents on the Hulsey town roar area.

Fact .... The airport had water service from the main on 278 ran about a1/2 mile plus the water tank many folks are on well water in the area.

The plans are to build a reservoir costing a estimated $300,000,000 to include replacing some huge main lines with no plans for the county to extend any water service...... NOT ONE ADDITIONAL FOOT OF WATER LINES TO ANY EXISTING RESIDENCES

• Like 2

And by the way nice green it was even mentioned at the Airport meeting this week, because nothing has been done since it was mentioned at the Town hall meeting and the following Board of Commissioners meeting

What is upsetting to the residents of the airport area is the FACT that the County spent $1.200,000 for a water tank to provide water pressure to the corporate hanger yet still failed to run water to residents on the Hulsey town roar area.

Fact .... The airport had water service from the main on 278 ran about a1/2 mile plus the water tank many folks are on well water in the area.

The plans are to build a reservoir costing a estimated $300,000,000 to include replacing some huge main lines with no plans for the county to extend any water service...... NOT ONE ADDITIONAL FOOT OF WATER LINES TO ANY EXISTING RESIDENCES

I find a bunch of upsetting issues, too many to list. Although from what I have read it was a great turn for the community input meeting. Ether pro or con, great folks from the community showed up!!!! That is huge as you can agree to disagree (although, not this time).

I've read on another media site, the Corporate Hangar the mtg was held at is still not complete after four years of construction. Four years, $$$millions later, for a structure not complete? There is also that $7mil vacant Movie Studio up FOR SALE. There is a common denominator here....the Director of the Airport and the Movie Studio

• Like 2

I guess you didn't go to the town hall meeting in Post 2?

She attended one of those radical "town hall" meetings, you know, the ones that some poor deluded lady is suing over, and spoke directly to her county commissioner about the problems she and the people who attend her church are having.

I believe I said "commission meeting," not "town hall meeting." Maybe I don't know the whole story about the issue but I would think they've needed water for longer than around the time of the town hall.

How long has this church had this problem? If it's been months, years, then why hasn't anyone stepped forward until now?

Also, I noticed that no one's disputing my argument about how schools, businesses and other establishments can operate around HJIA, a much larger airport, but apparently turning Paulding's airport into a commercial one would be too loud for students.

I believe I said "commission meeting," not "town hall meeting." Maybe I don't know the whole story about the issue but I would think they've needed water for longer than around the time of the town hall.

How long has this church had this problem? If it's been months, years, then why hasn't anyone stepped forward until now?

Also, I noticed that no one's disputing my argument about how schools, businesses and other establishments can operate around HJIA, a much larger airport, but apparently turning Paulding's airport into a commercial one would be too loud for students.

I gave you a possible answer about why these people haven't said anything before now.

I suggest you contact the church and ask them your other questions.

Then you would "know the whole story".

At least watch the video of the meeting, which has been posted in several places, including this forum.

Here is a link to the video of that meeting, perhaps the lady who spoke about her church answers some of your questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym3-bycpD1s

My question to you is, why weren't you at these town hall meetings?

I could say something about the schools and other things around HJIA.....awwww, hell, I will say it, the people there are too damn poor to move anywhere else.

All the people with money got the hell out.

You may remember when it happened, it was called "white flight".

But some called it common sense, cause a huge freaking airport was a coming.

If, notice I said if, Paulding's airport goes commercial and if, notice I said if again, it grows to the capacity of the large number of passengers that some have quoted, then you will have the same issue in the surrounding areas with the Paulding airport.

It's really pretty simple, no one who doesn't have to, lives next to a busy airport.

Anyone that says otherwise is lying or has some other issues.

Edited by stradial
  • Like 2

Why even suggest an "argument" in your topic. Dang, the community needs to stop this chit

• Like 1

Nice green I will be more than happy to take you on a tour of the area tomorrow, bring along Pubby I will be leaving at 7:45 we can start at Riverdale Road and Interstate 285 traffic should be about normal for the area at this time. Just let me know..... That is where the Flint River exits from the airport property and begins its journey though Clayton County. You do know the river is piped through the airport property right??? Oh BTW the head waters of the Flint River begins NOW under the airport just like some Trout streams begin under our Corporate hanger/ terminal area but the EA plainly states no impact on the streams and wildlife in the airport property. Shake my head in disbelief of the errors in the EA!!!

• Like 2

The record will reflect that David Austin and the water department was aware of the issue before it was raised at the Town Hall meeting. Again ....we can provide a $1,200, 000 bond issue for a water tank for the airport to increase water pressure for the Corporate hanger that already had water to the facility and build a $300,000,000 water treatment/reservoir to assist the city of Atlanta with their water problems but we can't run a water line down a existing road to a community and a church where the wells have ran dry.

• Like 2

The record will reflect that David Austin and the water department was aware of the issue before it was raised at the Town Hall meeting. Again ....we can provide a $1,200, 000 bond issue for a water tank for the airport to increase water pressure for the Corporate hanger that already had water to the facility and build a $300,000,000 water treatment/reservoir to assist the city of Atlanta with their water problems but we can't run a water line down a existing road to a community and a church where the wells have ran dry.

I do believe I heard the county hasn't installed water lines for many years. The builders and developers paid to have the water run to the subdivisions they were building. So unless there's a subdivision built near that church, it won't get water lines from the county or anyone else.

I don't understand why the county needs an airport when there are people with dry wells all over the county. Those septic tanks in hundreds of subdivisions are scary.

Edited by tundra

I do believe I heard the county hasn't installed water lines for many years. The builders and developers paid to have the water run to the subdivisions they were building. So unless there's a subdivision built near that church, it won't get water lines from the county or anyone else.

I don't understand why the county needs an airport when there are people with dry wells all over the county. Those septic tanks in hundreds of subdivisions are scary.

Tundra here is the facts on sewer and water if the county wants Sewer or water they Issue A bind through the IBA and build it.

Case in point the City of Dallas through the IBA ran the sewerage line and built a treatment facility from Vista lake to the airport COST OVER $6,000,000,.

The County put in water and sewerage at the new business park on Bill Carruth through the IBA they financed the buildings there, no taxes for many years.

The water department which is a separate entity does not run water lines but the County does...... when it wants to and can charge tap fees to recover the cost

• Like 1

So let me see if I understand the supporters arguments:

2 to 8 flights a week will bring thousands of jobs, with only 200-300 additional cars

This will never be a regional hub, even though their attorneys stated that in court documents

Commercializing the airport will have little to no impact on the area surrounding the airport

The kids in the schools won't be bothered by the commercial passenger jets

The trees will grow back (through the concrete???)

They can limit the number of commercial flights to no more than 8 per week (yes the PCAA attorney said this)

55 FTE, Full Time Equivalent (part time) jobs will support a single mom and her kids so they can make it without government help, the District 4 School Board member, Richard Manous, told us so.

Commercial passenger service will help our schools and reduce property taxes. (even though they will pay zero taxes to the county)

It's not a mistake if you learn from it.

It's okay for the Chairman of the PCAA to change his mind, and not let the taxpayers know until he thought it was a "done deal"

It doesn't matter the citizens voted against and airport twice, they built it anyway. We're going to shove it down their throats along with the movie studio

Elections with lower than average voter turn out don't count.

David Austin campaigned on bringing jobs to Paulding County, he didn't campaign against the airport

Delta has to be writing our speeches, no way are the people that live in Paulding smart enough to write those themselves.

What did I miss?

Edited by tundra
  • Like 2

What I would really like to know is: who at the FAA is so irresponsible with taxpayer dollars they would let our previous commission and PCAA convince them to spend millions and millions of taxpayer dollars to build an airport in the middle of nowhere and now the FAA is considering granting a Part 139 and spending millions and millions more taxpayer dollars. All on the word of Allegiant Air (of all airline companies) that they are going to do 2-4 flights a week. Without any justification of the need for 2-4 flights per week. Paulding's airport is about 30-50 years ahead of its time. One day there may be a need for a general aviation airport in Paulding but that time is not now. The proof is the fact the airport has been open for seven years and it is almost like a ghost town and a Part 139 is not going to change that. It will only be a more costly ghost town. For ten years now , the only real activity at the airport has been the spending of taxpayer dollars. Instead of just plowing ahead why doesn't the PCAA slow down and spend some of that money to hire some experts (no not Michael Baker) to do an analysis of the chances for success? Are they afraid of the answer they would get and having to admit they made a mistake? No one in their right mind would spend the amount of money they have spent and are continuing to spend on a venture without at least some assurances that it would be a success. I guess EGO's, sometimes, make people do crazy things. Especially when they are using "free money" from the FAA.

• Like 3

When was the Post 2 meeting?

You were there, it was Tony Crowe's meeting. I believe it was on November 5.

Whoops, it was post 4, sorry.

Mt Moriah Road is in Post 4

Edited by tundra

You were there, it was Tony Crowe's meeting. I believe it was on November 5.

Whoops, it was post 4, sorry.

Mt Moriah Road is in Post 4

I knew you meant Post 4...just have to keep you on your toes.

• Like 1