Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Dysfunctional

Meat Market

I came on here to see if anyone knows what is going on with West Metro. Went by Friday afternoon and they were closed. Sign on the door said that "Pop Retired, closed. Called the deer cooler and they said the market is closed for the winter. Thought you guys would be talking about it. I have not bought meat from anywhere other than West Metro since they opened. I can't go back to grocery store meat now. What to do?

Nooooooo!!!!

Folks are posting about this on their FB page too.

I'm so sad to hear this! We LOVE West Metro!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that one of the kids will take over the business.

• Like 1

Wow. And they never said anything. I was in there about 2 weeks ago and there was always someone new at the cash register and I hadn't seen "pops" in a long time. But I didn't expect them to close.

Somebody let me know if you try the one on Mulberry Rock. I'm funny about my meat.

I cannot remember the name right this minute but the market across from Scoggins MS on Mulberry Rock Road is first class. You know one of those places you go too often but give directions like "Go to the big tree and take a right can't miss it." I have his card and have had deer processed there for about three years. The owner is an ex meat market manager at Publix for 20 years. Very clean, 100 on the score card, very high quality meats , will make any cut you want, very friendly. He prepares everything daily using grain fed angus and pork. He is creative and has specials pretty much everyday like stuffed peppers, hand stuffed sausages, hand stuffed brats and stuffed brisket. They have given me cards twice but I am too unorganized to have one with me right now. May be a little drive for you Hiramites and West Pobb folks but the business/tax base is in Paulding. I keep quite a bit of wild game and fish in the freezer so I go by there about once a month. Seriously good butcher shop.

• Like 3

I cannot remember the name right this minute but the market across from Scoggins MS on Mulberry Rock Road is first class. You know one of those places you go too often but give directions like "Go to the big tree and take a right can't miss it." I have his card and have had deer processed there for about three years. The owner is an ex meat market manager at Publix for 20 years. Very clean, 100 on the score card, very high quality meats , will make any cut you want, very friendly. He prepares everything daily using grain fed angus and pork. He is creative and has specials pretty much everyday like stuffed peppers, hand stuffed sausages, hand stuffed brats and stuffed brisket. They have given me cards twice but I am too unorganized to have one with me right now. May be a little drive for you Hiramites and West Pobb folks but the business/tax base is in Paulding. I keep quite a bit of wild game and fish in the freezer so I go by there about once a month. Seriously good butcher shop.

Harvest Market.

The Harvest Time Market is Great!!! The Owner retired from Publix, he was a butcher there. Not sure which store he worked but, we just love going there!! Hubby has gotten some Stuffed Peppers, Stuffed Jalapenos, Stuffed Chicken Breast and some whole chickens and other meats. Back in the Summer, they has some good watermelons, okra, squash and they were sooo good!!!

We went to West Metro just a few times, a couple of years ago. If we needed anything from there, I'd let hubby go in. I couldn't stand the smell inside the store!!! It smelled like someone had been a chain smoker for 10 yrs, in that store!! I have a lot of Allergies and Smell Sensitivity issues and just couldn't go in there.

We'll stick with Harvest Time and Patak!!

I have been in the Acworth location and was not impressed with the fact they had dog treats right near the door. The stench from them kept me from looking around very long.

The Cartersville location is better.

Meats are pricier than West Metro usually. They do put together "package special" that are a great deal. I like that they do many specialty sausages and great cuts of meat.

I have had deer meat processed into sausages like: jalapeno cheddar, summer smoked and kielbasa. Well worth the cost for those!

The meat at Harvest Time Market is every single bit as good as the meat at Pataks. And I love Pataks. :)

Seriously, no joke, no bs, go and you will see.

Spotless, with no funky smells.

• Like 1

From West Metro's FB page:

"We would like to let all our customers know that after long consideration we decided to close the meat market. We may open in the spring and early summer to sell flowers and produce.

We are still processing deer so come see us at West Georgia Deer Cooler. Thanks for your support and business!!
David & James"

Pataks's in Austell and the new one on Scoggins Rd are both very good.

What new one on Scoggins Rd? Harvest Time Market is on Mulberry Rock Rd, do we have another meat market?????

What new one on Scoggins Rd? Harvest Time Market is on Mulberry Rock Rd, do we have another meat market?????

I meant the one on Mulberry Rock Rd near Scoggins School. Sorry for any confusion. My mistake.

I meant the one on Mulberry Rock Rd near Scoggins School. Sorry for any confusion. My mistake.

No Problem, didn't know if we had other choices in our community or not. :good: