Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
fire911

Sleep Apena

Mine is much better when I lose weight. I have also heard that if you can sleep with your head elevated that helps; or elevate the legs of the bed at the head board. i did use a CPAP for a few months but that is ugly

I actually have a V-PAP.

Variable pressure machine that senses the resistance to air flow and increases or decreases the pressure according to how I am breathing at that time.

18 months ago I had a sleep study and was diagnosed with severe Sleep Apnea - I stopped breathing 99 times an hour. I've been using a Cpap machine ever since. Using the machine, I average less than 1 incident per hour.

• Like 2

I'm claustrophobic and can't use my Bi-pap machine. When I did use it, it would only stay on for about 1.5 to 2 hr s and I'd end up pulling it off and not knowing that I took it off, until I woke up the next morning. I've tried 3 or 4 different masks and still couldn't use it. I would wake up with a dry throat and mouth. A chin strap did not offer any help for the dry throat/mouth either. Good Luck, I hope you find something to get relief. I just gave up on the Bi-Pap Machine! I just get some sleep, when I can!

I use a cpap. I have used one for the past 15 years. I use to fall asleep all the time because I was not getting any sleep during the night. I snored so bad. I use a nose canular instead of the mask.

I'm claustrophobic and can't use my Bi-pap machine. When I did use it, it would only stay on for about 1.5 to 2 hr s and I'd end up pulling it off and not knowing that I took it off, until I woke up the next morning. I've tried 3 or 4 different masks and still couldn't use it. I would wake up with a dry throat and mouth. A chin strap did not offer any help for the dry throat/mouth either. Good Luck, I hope you find something to get relief. I just gave up on the Bi-Pap Machine! I just get some sleep, when I can!

Have you tried the different masks/nasal cannula/nose pillows? If you physcially can't tolerate it then there may be a surgical approach to fix it. It's called a UPPP (UP3) uvulopalatoplasty and basically the uvula (the hangy thing in the back of your mouth) is removed and the soft palate tissue (roof of mouth) is trimmed and tonsils are removed if necessary. All that opens your airway so you can breathe at night. Also, when was the last time it was titrated? Hubby started off with a high pressure on his CPAP and would wake up hurting so the pulmonologist cut his pressure by a couple and that made a big difference. Let your doc know what's going on with it. Sleep apnea needs to be treated.

Have you tried the different masks/nasal cannula/nose pillows? If you physcially can't tolerate it then there may be a surgical approach to fix it. It's called a UPPP (UP3) uvulopalatoplasty and basically the uvula (the hangy thing in the back of your mouth) is removed and the soft palate tissue (roof of mouth) is trimmed and tonsils are removed if necessary. All that opens your airway so you can breathe at night. Also, when was the last time it was titrated? Hubby started off with a high pressure on his CPAP and would wake up hurting so the pulmonologist cut his pressure by a couple and that made a big difference. Let your doc know what's going on with it. Sleep apnea needs to be treated.

My girlfriend had that done probably 10 years ago and it worked. She doesn't snore anymore and no sleep apnea.

I've never snored and I figure it's because I had my tonsils, adenoids and my uvula removed when I was 6. Cutting the uvula out was a mistake and I nearly bled to death, but I guess it's been a blessing.

If I had sleep apnea, I would have the surgery.

My husband has it, but he won't do anything about it.

My husband saw a commercial the other day about something called Z-Quiet.It is supposed to help with snoring.I was skeptical but ordered it any.Comes with a 30 free trial.If you keep it ,it cost about 85.00.Priceless if it works.Well it came in 3 days ago and IT WORKS!!!!.Have used it three nights in a row.and not one peep.Already starting to feel better.Not waking up nearly as much in the middle of the night.

My husband saw a commercial the other day about something called Z-Quiet.It is supposed to help with snoring.I was skeptical but ordered it any.Comes with a 30 free trial.If you keep it ,it cost about 85.00.Priceless if it works.Well it came in 3 days ago and IT WORKS!!!!.Have used it three nights in a row.and not one peep.Already starting to feel better.Not waking up nearly as much in the middle of the night.

I found the web site, it's an appliance you put in your mouth. Thanks for the info, I'm going to mention it to my husband.

https://www.zquiet.com/ac3/index.aspx?uid=PYB_DR&mkwid=qHvLBEZm&crid=8667541749&mp_kw=zquiet&mp_mt=e&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Brand+%3e+Exact&utm_keyword=zquiet

For only $9.95 you can try ZQuiet for 30-days. If you discover that it isn’t for you all you need to do is send it back, no questions asked. If it works for you, like it has with thousands of others, simply do nothing and a one-time payment of $59.95 will be charged to the card you ordered the ZQuiet with. It couldn’t be more simple; it couldn’t be more worth it.

4 nights in a row with no snoring...

That's great! Do you feel better? Like you're getting enough sleep? Do you find yourself trying to push the appliance out?

Feeling better.Sleeping all night instead of waking up every couple of hours,somewhere between 6-8 hours.No not trying to push it out.

• Like 1