Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Coppertop's Pop

Syrian refugee problem

Why is this OUR problem? The millions of refugees fleeing parts of Syria and other middle eastern countries are pouring into Europe. Many are demanding the U.S to take in tens of thousands of Syrians. Do you and I have a moral obligation to open our doors to muslim extremists who want to do us harm? That's exactly who'll be on our doorstep if we let them in.

I'm flat out against opening our doors to these refugees. We're already spending $$BILLIONS in humanitarian assistance, yet that's not good enough? Where's the outrage?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/09/politics/us-syrian-refugees-pressure/index.html

• Like 1

I for one am outraged. Obama says he is letting 10,000 in. Of course, since he is a Muslim he would welcome them with open arms.

Why are the Muslim Countries not taking them in? Maybe, because they want to take over the world.

I was appalled to read in this mornings AJC how much of our tax dollars go there. We spend more than any other country.

Did I miss something? I was unable that we created this problem and it should not be our problem to resolve.

Then you would have to separate the true refugees from ISIS types. I'm all for taking say, 25,000 or so...right after Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, et al, take the same number. (They are taking in zaro.)

We already have thousands running across our borders. Let Europe take care of them.

Although I don't see how they can. I don't see how we can take care of all of the illegals crossing everyday into our country.

Will it be poor immigrants that destroy the world economy, except for Russia and China?

• Like 3

Considering 99% of this cluster fk is America's fault with George Bush's invasion of Iraq offering to take in a few refugees is pretty much akin to a murderer offering to send flowers to the funeral.

Edited by CitizenCain

Considering 99% of this cluster fk is America's fault with George Bush's invasion of Iraq offering to take in a few refugees is pretty much akin to a murderer offering to send flowers to the funeral.

You seem to be having trouble keeping up with current events...

8)

• Like 5

8)

You seem to have a problem remembering anything before 2009.

"After the invasion of Iraq, thousands of Baathist’s lost their jobs: teachers, doctors, professors, soldiers. Banished from holding any public-sector positions, many found themselves unable to support and feed their families, and their anger grew. This purge is considered one of the major blunders of the invasion, and although it was partly overturned in 2008, the damage had been done.

For 10 years, members of Saddam Hussein's Baathist party -- including many of the dead dictator's top generals -- have hidden in the shadows of Iraq, persecuted by government in Baghdad and plotting, praying and preparing for the chance to reclaim their country.

Now they are back, paired in a bloodthirsty alliance with the brutal jihadis of the Islamic States of Iraq and Syria/Levant. These vicious Islamic radicals fighting alongside top officials from Hussein's dictatorship, are working to seize control of the battle-scarred nation.

“As an effective fighting force alone, ISIS would never have been able to hold such large territories, a Kurdish intelligence officer told FoxNews.com but with the help of Baathists [united under the banner of the Naqshbandi army], they have been able to keep the momentum going.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/06/23/isis-joins-forces-with-saddam-loyalists-in-bid-to-take-baghdad/

Edited by CitizenCain

8)

He fails to realize this problem is owned by Obama. He's the one who assessed ISIS as nothng more than a "JV team" ignoring the fact military intelligence was saying otherwise. Once he realized ISIS was more than a "JV team" his idea of military action to defeat them is the sole use of air sorties, which he claims has been very successful, but news reports indicate otherwise. ISIS controls more territory today than they did when the air sorties started.

• Like 1

I just know the world is in a mess and I guess all of this aid money is just going to appear from thin air.

Money is the root of all evil, Lo!

Of course, the money is going to flow like a river. It always does, and that is no matter who stands ar the head of the river. All rivers flow. even if you build a dam. All money flows, even if the river runs to China.

He fails to realize this problem is owned by Obama. He's the one who assessed ISIS as nothng more than a "JV team" ignoring the fact military intelligence was saying otherwise. Once he realized ISIS was more than a "JV team" his idea of military action to defeat them is the sole use of air sorties, which he claims has been very successful, but news reports indicate otherwise. ISIS controls more territory today than they did when the air sorties started.

And you fail to admit that take away George Bush's 'Magical Mystery Tour' into Iraq - the biggest blunder in American history - and we wouldn't even be having this debate. Or as Bush's own advisors tried to tell him " You break it Mr. President and you own it."

Edited by CitizenCain

Money is the root of all evil, Lo!

No, Eddie. The LOVE of money is the root of all evil, if you want to quote.

1 Timothy 6:10

For the love of money is the root of all evil

• Like 2

Why is this OUR problem? The millions of refugees fleeing parts of Syria and other middle eastern countries are pouring into Europe. Many are demanding the U.S to take in tens of thousands of Syrians. Do you and I have a moral obligation to open our doors to muslim extremists who want to do us harm? That's exactly who'll be on our doorstep if we let them in.

I'm flat out against opening our doors to these refugees. We're already spending $$BILLIONS in humanitarian assistance, yet that's not good enough? Where's the outrage?

A safe zone should be created in that region and the countries affected should all contribute to keep the refugees safe there. Problem solved and no ISIS coming to America with them.

• Like 1

And you fail to admit that take away George Bush's 'Magical Mystery Tour' into Iraq - the biggest blunder in American history - and we wouldn't even be having this debate. Or as Bush's own advisors tried to tell him " You break it Mr. President and you own it."

You seem to forget Obama campaigned he could "fix" all this stuff. You also have to admit Libya is a problem Obama created. The Syrian civil war started in 2011, on Obama's watch.

I wouldn't call the war in Iraq a blunder. What I call a blunder regarding Iraq is how Clinton and the UN handled Iraq and the weapons inspections. You also seem to forget that all during the years of the Clinton administration Clinton and Gore stating Iraq still possessed WMDs and were still manufacturing WMDs.

• Like 2

It's actually very simple, folks!

"What goes around, comes around."

You may not understand, but what goes around, goes around, goes around, goes around, comes all the way back around.

Obama says we are going to properly vet those that we allow in. I'm here to tell you all there is no way to properly vet them and no for certain they all are who they say they are and none of them are members of ISIS or any other Islamic extremist group.

• Like 1

I sat y for the refugees in Europe and those that Obama wants to bring here, is to give rifles and equipment to the men, send them back to Syria or Iraq and tell them to take their country back. Meanwhile build tempary fenced and guarded camps to keep the women and children in with the understanding that there is now way work or citizen status,

why not let all the good? people leave Syria then go in and bomb the leftover horse dung to bits...Also give us the American people the right to a vote to take in anymore refugees! its our country our right to have a say !