Paulding.com

Possible attempted child abduction investigated

Suspicious Activity/PossibleAttempted Child Abduction in Northern Paulding County

(Paulding County, GA) On Tuesday afternoon September 1, 2015 inside the Somerset subdivision in northern Pauding County, Deputies responded to a report of suspicious activity/possible attempted child abduction.

Upon arrival, Deputies spoke with the complainant/mother who stated that a biracial couple (male and female) driving a gold minivan approached her child after he exited the school bus and was walking home. She further explained that the biracial couple offered the child candy to come over to their van and get inside.

The mother then explained that the child kept walking home and did not report the incident to his aunt who was home when he arrived. According to the mother, the child later reported the incident to her once she arrived home which was later in the afternoon. The mother then called 911 and made a report of the incident with Deputies.

According to the complainant, no one saw this incident occur other than the child. Deputies and Detectives with the Paulding County Sheriff’s Office Crimes Against Children (CAC) Unit interviewed the child and did a canvas of the neighborhood to see if anyone might have seen anything. This area has been placed on a heavy zone patrol for suspicous persons and vehicles.

Detectives urge parents to keep an eye on their children if they are playing in the neighborhood or are outside unattended. CAC Detectives encourage anyone who observes suspicous persons or vehicles in their neighborhoods to call 911 and have a Deputy respond to the scene to check it out.

If anyone has any information in regards to this case, please call the Paulding County Sheriff’s Office Crimes Against Children Unit at (770) 445-6105.

I saw this of FB.

How do you know someone is biracial? Biracial what? Mexican/White? Indian/White? Chinese/White? Mexican/Black?

Or do we just assume they meant Black/White?

Why didn't he tell the aunt and she could have been out looking for the car he described?

This just doesn't add up to me.

I wonder how old the boy is? Somebody offering a kid candy to get in the van sounds a little made up.

yes, I wondered that too. If an elementary school kid, I know the bus drivers that serve my area wait until the kid is at the door or there is someone to receive them.

I saw this of FB.

How do you know someone is biracial? Biracial what? Mexican/White? Indian/White? Chinese/White? Mexican/Black?

Or do we just assume they meant Black/White?

Why didn't he tell the aunt and she could have been out looking for the car he described?

This just doesn't add up to me.

I wondered the same thing. I assume it means large white woman and thin black male, with the woman driving.