Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
tundra

Cobb General Aviation Airport Brings Business

Yes McCollum airport in Kennesaw, Cobb County is a General Aviation airport with NO 139 certificate. They spent $25,000 to study the best use of the airport, commercial flights weren't it. They decided to leave those in Atlanta. Oh and the taxpayers don't have to foot the bill, they're paying their own.

New international terminal for flights from the Bahamas and Canada, no commercial planes to worry about. They'd take priority, the FAA says so.

New Control Tower paid for through private business, no burden on the taxpayers............

Here's what the economic development director has to say about the airport that grew appropriately with the business base, increasing as the need increased. From the beginning it had a much larger economic impact than ours has in 7 years. Yes, it can be done, bring good jobs, high paying jobs without commercial 130 passenger 737s.

“Certainly, the presence of the airport adds to this attractiveness of Cobb as a place to establish or grow an existing business given its ability to accommodate corporate aircraft and to serve as a safe alternative for transporting corporate executives and their clients to and from various locations around the world.”
"He says many of the companies who have headquarters or offices in the area maintain their own corporate aircraft to fly company executives and their clients around the world in order to conduct business in an efficient manner. “For many of these companies, it is easier to utilize the smaller, regional airports in order to travel for business purposes rather than having to deal with the challenges of traffic and long lines that are commonly associated with larger commercial airports,” -Cobb Economic Development Director, Michael Hughes

http://www.kennesaw.com/cobb-county-airport-in-kennesaw/

• Like 4

Good for them. That's the way it should work. I know I sound like a broken record, but after about $70 million on the books here for a General Aviation Airport and a Movie Studio under the same Director where both venues have been unsuccessful, why continue? Seriously, how many full time jobs (other than construction OR contracted) have been placed?

Do the math. Actually I believe it's only one(Director) as they had to filter his assistant pay and benis with the Chamber of Commerce. And that is a known fact

I challenge folks to answer this. How much over $70 million does it take to create just a couple of more jobs????????? Seriously. There is a really nice Facility out there, but only two cars at the terminal (one being County owned) from any pics I have seen.

Edited by rockster
  • Like 2

Why are you and your anti-cronies so afraid of commercial success at the Paulding Airport? If it fails, you lose little, if it is awesome, we all win...

I don't understand your fear of success. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Glad Cobb is doing well, how about making it Paulding's turn??

It is always easier to sit on the sidelines and throw rocks at other peoples ideas than it is to come up with an idea of your own...

• Like 1

Why are you and your anti-cronies so afraid of commercial success at the Paulding Airport? If it fails, you lose little, if it is awesome, we all win...

I don't understand your fear of success. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Glad Cobb is doing well, how about making it Paulding's turn??

It is always easier to sit on the sidelines and throw rocks at other peoples ideas than it is to come up with an idea of your own...

Can you answer a very simple question? Why has, after millions either from the general budget and/or bonds, to pay for a ...........................Wait, let me ask you. How would you describe the seven year old or so GA airport???

Furthermore, what has been gained? Jobs or debt? Please chime in as the IBA refused to make the bond payment due and the BOC had to make the payment. Again, please chime in. I am up for discussion

Edited by rockster
  • Like 2

I'm not anti-airport, I'm anti-commecialization, my position has remained the same from the beginning. No you can't just go back if it doesn't work, if Part 139 is issued, it's there, forever. You can't undo Part 139 just because you want to. Look at Macon, 139 certificate, no airline is interested in almost a year. Ben Epps in Athens, 139 certificate, no carrier. You can't go back, you have to keep the airport open per the FAA. Macon and Ben Epps couldn't average 10 passengers a day so their Federal Funding (AIP) is going to dry up and the taxpayers will be left holding the bag, keeping a commercial airport afloat with local taxpayer money.

An airport should grow with the community like McCollum and Cartersville have, they won't make the community grow. The Cobb Commissioner that has the airport in their district calls it "appropriate growth"

More pipe dreams, thinking somehow people will come here to catch a fight to Vegas or Orlando. The IBA needs to quit financing water towers, building film studios and expecting the taxpayers to pay for the fire station at the airport. And the IBA needs to pay it's bills!!

Where are studies that show the best use of our airport like Cobb County did?

Delta does not own the 9400 acres adjacent to the airport, the City of Atlanta does, don't know how that rumor got started. They are in the process right now of deciding the best use for that property.......through studies, not because they think "something" might work.

The plaintiff's are ready to move forward with the law suit, the PCAA/IBA attorney keeps stalling, even though the judge asked him not to. Delay, delay, delay, keep it out of court. Does any of this sound familiar? Seems like the citizens have been here before.

Drop the 139 application, the BOC has already withdrawn it's support, the lawsuits and the environmental assessment go away. We can start building on that pad that's ready, immediately. Why won't the PCAA back off the part 139? Why won't the PCAA hire someone to do a study for the best use for our airport? Why are they relying on data that was firmly rejected by Gwinnett county for lack of financial stability. Data prepared by the very company that wants to take over our airport because they "think" it's a good idea? Why not, they have nothing to lose, it will all be on the backs of Paulding County taxpayers.

Sort of like the firm hired to "sell" the movie studio. Someone's friend with no track record, being paid over $6500 a month to run their business that ran off with hundreds of thousands of dollars for a venue that completely flopped. Yea, that one.......that's right now being "looked in to" by the GBI.

Withdraw the the Part 139 application and let's get those businesses here, let's get those jobs here, let's put Paulding to work.

Edited by tundra
  • Like 2

I'm not anti-airport, I'm anti-commecialization, my position has remained the same from the beginning. No you can't just go back if it doesn't work, if Part 139 is issued, it's there, forever. You can't undo Part 139 just because you want to. Look at Macon, 139 certificate, no airline is interested in almost a year. Ben Epps in Athens, 139 certificate, no carrier. You can't go back, you have to keep the airport open per the FAA. Macon and Ben Epps couldn't average 10 passengers a day so their Federal Funding (AIP) is going to dry up and the taxpayers will be left holding the bag, keeping a commercial airport afloat with local taxpayer money.

An airport should grow with the community like McCollum and Cartersville have, they won't make the community grow. The Cobb Commissioner that has the airport in their district calls it "appropriate growth"

More pipe dreams, thinking somehow people will come here to catch a fight to Vegas or Orlando. The IBA needs to quit financing water towers, building film studios and expecting the taxpayers to pay for the fire station at the airport. And the IBA needs to pay it's bills!!

Delta does not own the 9400 acres adjacent to the airport, the City of Atlanta does, don't know how that rumor got started. They are in the process right now of deciding the best use for that property.......through studies, not because they think "something" might work.

The plaintiff's are ready to move forward with the law suit, the PCAA/IBA attorney keeps stalling, even though the judge asked him not to. Delay, delay, delay, keep it out of court. Does any of this sound familiar? Seems like the citizens have been here before.

Drop the 139 application, the BOC has already withdrawn it's support, the lawsuits and the environmental assessment go away. We can start building on that pad that's ready, immediately. Why won't the PCAA back off the part 139? Why won't the PCAA hire someone to do a study for the best use for our airport? Why are they relying on data that was firmly rejected by Gwinnett county for lack of financial stability. Data prepared by the very company that wants to take over our airport because they "think" it's a good idea? Why not, they have nothing to lose, it will all be on the backs of Paulding County taxpayers.

Sort of like the firm hired to "sell" the movie studio. Someone's friend with no track record, being paid over $6500 a month to run their business that ran off with hundreds of thousands of dollars for a venue that completely flopped. Yea, that one.......that's right now being "looked in to" by the GBI.

Withdraw the the Part 139 application and let's get those businesses here, let's get those jobs here, let's put Paulding to work.

Well said Tundra... I would like to add almost 1-1/2 years of secret meetings and talking with the code "Silver Comet Field" when the deal was mentioned in public before Oct 3, 2013. This deal was conceived and birthed in secrecy. Why??? I except they planned that once they did announce it, the public's hands would be tied and it would appear to be a done deal. And look at where we are at today... We have a community in turmoil all because of the secret dealings.

• Like 2

we don't want no jobs - just leave us to our dirt roads and jack rabbits.

Of course we want jobs, we want business, we want a successful general aviation airport. Nothing that I have seen from the pro-commercial supporters needs commercial service. I guess you didn't read my post.

Did you know Paine Field in Washington state is home to Boeing and is a General Aviation airport? Since 1966 Boeing has built planes there and helped in securing 30,000 jobs for the area.

Say yes to General Aviation, no Part 139!!

Can one person, just one, tell me why we need commercial service?

That money the airport might get from the FAA? The taxpayers wouldn't see a dime, it has to be used for airport improvement (AIP) Oh it's not a million dollars a year, it depends on how many passengers get on planes.

Edited by tundra
  • Like 1

I think we have a very good shot at charter and shuttle service to the sports park in Bartow. I drove through there yesterday. They are going gangbusters with commercial construction in town and up and down 41 and 75. They are on the ball when it comes to manufacturing and tourism. We have a chance at capitalizing on it. I don't see it happening. This county will strain a gnat and swallow a camel when it comes to money. Bartow is not afraid to put millions in infrastructure and go the extra mile when accommodating business.

Every penny here is scrutinized. pinched and moaned over.

The same power base has been here for years and the control keeps us struggling. Drive through Paulding and you will see new houses being built along with retail. Same path as always.

Someone will start a charter and shuttle service for a park that caters to team sports.

It won't be us because the squabble will continue as always while the opportunities pass us by.

So far their ideas are crap and if you weren't so stupid you would know that with all the prove.

Only a stupid person can't see that the only people benefiting is a couple of county employees.

Can you answer a very simple question? Why has, after millions either from the general budget and/or bonds, to pay for a ...........................Wait, let me ask you. How would you describe the seven year old or so GA airport???

Furthermore, what has been gained? Jobs or debt? Please chime in as the IBA refused to make the bond payment due and the BOC had to make the payment. Again, please chime in. I am up for discussion

Yep, sounds like the Panama Canal and you think we're the French who started it in 1881. Of course we could be the Americans who started in 1904 and after a lot of hand-wringing, finally figured out that you had to build hotels, water systems, sewer systems and make the canal zone a reasonably safe and comfortable place to live - instead of the penny-pinching minimal subsistence housing and infrastructure designed to keep costs down as proposed by the International Canal Commission (a corrupt body that figured they could keep control for 50-100 years through incompetence.)

Bottom line, the canal was worthless unless complete. As the then largest public works project in the world, it took people of vision to bring its construction to completion as most of the world felt the whole idea was "balmy."

The airport is a project that is not complete. It is getting close but there are forces and interests who do not want it to be completed.

Actually, Tundra, there are airports that have been decommissioned from commercial to general aviation. To wit: Philadelphia Northeast Airport was decommissioned from its Part 139 certificate in 1989.

Oh, and you're right about the City of Atlanta, and not Delta, owning the 9400 acres that surround Silver Comet Field. What you failed to note, however, was that for all intents and purposes Delta owns the Atlanta's Airport and, like in the What is good for GM is good for American days when American car makers were supreme, the attitude amongst those in power in Atlanta is what is good for Delta is good for Atlanta.

we don't want no jobs - just leave us to our dirt roads and jack rabbits.

We may have confirmation on that at today's commission meeting. Wish I could be there.

I think we have a very good shot at charter and shuttle service to the sports park in Bartow. I drove through there yesterday. They are going gangbusters with commercial construction in town and up and down 41 and 75. They are on the ball when it comes to manufacturing and tourism. We have a chance at capitalizing on it. I don't see it happening. This county will strain a gnat and swallow a camel when it comes to money. Bartow is not afraid to put millions in infrastructure and go the extra mile when accommodating business.

The same power base has been here for years and the control keeps us struggling. Drive through Paulding and you will see new houses being built along with retail. Same path as always.

Someone will start a charter and shuttle service for a park that caters to team sports.

It won't be us because the squabble will continue as always while the opportunities pass us by.

What's good for Delta is good for Atlanta ... we don't count LPPT ... and with the powers that be from Atlanta backing the 'no growth NIMBY's in Paulding' they've got the votes on our commission to do what is best for Atlanta.

So far their ideas are crap and if you weren't so stupid you would know that with all the prove.

Only a stupid person can't see that the only people benefiting is a couple of county employees.

France had the contract to build the Panama Canal from 1881 to 1904 ... and failed miserably. That didn't mean the idea of the Panama Canal was a bad idea.

pubby

What kind of infrastructure does Paulding have to support any of that? The cart has been put before the horse. We are not going anywhere because of it.

• Like 3

What kind of infrastructure does Paulding have to support any of that? The cart has been put before the horse. We are not going anywhere because of it.

Exactly. The idea "Build it and they will come" was a movie plot, not a real-life airport.

• Like 3

No one has told me why we need a commercial airport, yet. Everything LPPT talks about can be done at a General Aviation airport, charters, shuttles. We don't need commercial planes to get people to the Sports Complex in Emmerson.

Edited by tundra
  • Like 2

Wow. With the terrible grammar, that's hard to read. And yet you're the one who slung the "stupid" insults.

There have been so many accusations of county employees benefiting and "so-and-so's friends" and "you-know-who's" relatives making bank on this, and yet no wrongdoing has been proven and no one is facing charges.

If you're going to argue against the airport, at least bring some facts to the table.

Someone needs to correct me if I am wrong LPPT a General Aviation airport can accommodate Charter service without the need for a 139 scheduled passenger service, and can also provide shuttle service up to certain limits McCollum is having charter service as I type.

What we need is some folks who are willing to meet more that a average of 10 (ten) hours a year to provide the needed management to make our airport a success.

We are in dire need of a airport director that has some experience and expertise on how to run a General aviation airport

We need one authority attracting business to Paulding County with a director who is not a part of the political machine that can operate independently and attract those good paying jobs, That also keeps in mind the health and safety of the citizens.

Tourism is great but in does take a lot of tax dollars to keep it going. Manufacturing is the key but I am afraid that you will have to go to China to recruit some of our jobs back here.

LPPT do know that a large number of the manufacturing jobs in Bartow is tied to the chemical industry and to the energy industry and I prefer to have neither in Paulding County.

We have the land and the Facility to provide one of the best General aviation airports in the Country, Why not use it for that purpose

• Like 3

Wow. With the terrible grammar, that's hard to read. And yet you're the one who slung the "stupid" insults.

There have been so many accusations of county employees benefiting and "so-and-so's friends" and "you-know-who's" relatives making bank on this, and yet no wrongdoing has been proven and no one is facing charges.

If you're going to argue against the airport, at least bring some facts to the table.

Nice Green

Ask David Austin to allow the ULTRA VIRES law suit to be heard witout any further delay. And after that suit is resolved

then come back and post no wrong doing has been proven!!!!

• Like 2

What I have understood from day one is there is no commercial airline waiting in the wings for all the upgrades to start business here. The bells and whistles simply make our airport easier to sell. Propeller was matching our investment. Unlike the contract with the movie studio company that had no skin in the game. I didn't realiize they had multiple clients either.

I think Propeller exaggerated their goals because of their audience of local business owners. At this point I can't figure out why they are still here.

One of the things that is starting to become obvious to me is that some folks can't tell the difference between slick and sharp around here.

Sharp never sticks around and slick keeps getting all the tax payer grease.

No one has told me why we need a commercial airport, yet. Everything LPPT talks about can be done at a Genera Aviation airport, charters, shuttles. We don't need commercial planes to get people to the Sports Complex in Emmerson.

Listening to LPPT talk about airports and infrastructure makes almost as much sense as listening to Hillary talk about email servers. 8)

• Like 3

What I have understood from day one is there is no commercial airline waiting in the wings for all the upgrades to start business here. The bells and whistles simply make our airport easier to sell. Propeller was matching our investment. Unlike the contract with the movie studio company that had no skin in the game. I didn't realiize they had multiple clients either.

I think Propeller exaggerated their goals because of their audience of local business owners. At this point I can't figure out why they are still here.

One of the things that is starting to become obvious to me is that some folks can't tell the difference between slick and sharp around here.

Sharp never sticks around and slick keeps getting all the tax payer grease.

Those bells and whistles are not necessary, it's like dressing an 8 year old like she's 18. There is no real reason to bring commercial service to our airport. Nothing has been suggested otherwise. We can bring MR & O without commercial service. In fact commercial flights take precedence over all others.

Did you know the FBO director paid for the new tower at McCollum? Brett Smith was going to pay for a temporary one, until someone else built the permanent one.

Smith has minimal investment at the airport, tell me what he has done except remodel one room in the terminal, tell me one.

Edited by tundra
  • Like 1

Those bells and whistles are not necessary, it's like dressing an 8 year old like she's 18. There is no real reason to bring commercial service to our airport. Nothing has been suggested otherwise. We can bring MR & O without commercial service. In fact commercial flights take precedence over all others.

Did you know the FBO director paid for the new tower at McCollum? Brett Smith was going to pay for a temporary one, until someone else built the permanent one.

Smith has minimal investment at the airport, tell me what he has done except remodel one room in the terminal, tell me one.

Those bells and whistles came out of the taxpayers $$$$. FAA does not cover the paint, flooring, furniture or such, much less I believe even the terminal building costs.

I would still like Toxic, Pubby, or anyone. $70 million spent/mortgaged , HOW MANY FULLTIME PAULDING COUNTY JOBS HAVE BEEN CREATED????? Once again, toss aside the construction and contracted jobs.

Edited by rockster
  • Like 3

Rockster, you can't take the wheels off a race car and then complain it hasn't won a race...

Tundra, what is one thing Brett Smith has done... Best I can tell, managed to stave off the City of Atlanta and Delta efforts to put Paulding in its place, no thanks to the short sighted efforts of the vocal minority and their recently purchased Commissioners.

Let Paulding Fly!!!!!

Just makes me all warm inside. Also, thanks for the fist bump Nice Green.

• Like 4

Rockster, you can't take the wheels off a race car and then complain it hasn't won a race...

Tundra, what is one thing Brett Smith has done... Best I can tell, managed to stave off the City of Atlanta and Delta efforts to put Paulding in its place, no thanks to the short sighted efforts of the vocal minority and their recently purchased Commissioners.

Let Paulding Fly!!!!!

Again, can you just simply answer my question???

• Like 1

Why is David and his cronies so afraid to let the citizens law suit concerning ULTRA VIRES go forward?????

Seems that David Austin would like for the citizens to have their day in court.!!!!!

I really would love for Mike Bowers to do a little digging into the some of the deals that the IBA has been involved in.

• Like 2

Why is David and his cronies so afraid to let the citizens law suit concerning ULTRA VIRES go forward?????

Seems that David Austin would like for the citizens to have their day in court.!!!!!

I really would love for Mike Bowers to do a little digging into the some of the deals that the IBA has been involved in.

Absolutely agree. As far as I know the County is holding off going to court, and continue to cost the taxpayers with motions to hold off a day in court. Damn, go to court and be done with it!! Get the community back as I am sure folks will accept a Judge and/or Jury ruling and move on. Why drag this out?

Think about it, who is hiding and skating around? Last I heard, the Plaintiffs are ready!!! Speaks Volumes

• Like 2

Well if you must know, Paulding already flies..........yes there is nothing stopping corporate jets, personal planes, even charters from flying into our airport. As a matter of fact they already do, albeit in very, very small numbers.

Heck little Stockmar airport in Villa Rica has 47 T-hangers with a 80% occupancy rate. Great folks over there BTW, that have a few Paulding pilots planes parked there, too back Paulding can't have that tax revenue.

I guess if you haven't been to a PCAA meeting and heard the FBO director's report you wouldn't know about take offs, landings and touch-n-gos.

Honestly, that's about the dumbest meme I've ever heard, when an airport already has planes flying in and out of it.

Yes Paulding already flies, true story!!

No 139 Paulding, ditch it and let's get back to brininging business, industry and jobs........Let's put Paulding to work.

I still see nothing that tells me why we need commercial service, other than a small few that think it's a good idea, just like the film studio........we're in the "Zone"! hahahaha

Edited by tundra
  • Like 2

Well if you must know, Paulding already flies..........yes there is nothing stopping corporate jets, personal planes, even charters from flying into our airport. As a matter of fact they already do, albeit in very, very small numbers.

Heck little Stockmar airport in Villa Rica has 47 T-hangers with a 80% occupancy rate. Great folks over there BTW, that have a few Paulding pilots planes parked there, too back Paulding can't have that tax revenue.

I guess if you haven't been to a PCAA meeting and heard the FBO director's report you wouldn't know about take offs, landings and touch-n-gos.

Honestly, that's about the dumbest meme I've ever heard, when an airport already has planes flying in and out of it.

Yes Paulding already flies, true story!!

No 139 Paulding, ditch it and let's get back to brininging business, industry and jobs........Let's put Paulding to work.

I still see nothing that tells me why we need commercial service, other than a small few that think it's a good idea, just like the film studio........we're in the "Zone"! hahahaha

It just hit me we record, track & celebrate Touch & Go's" at our Airport and we record, track & celebrate "Holds" at our Film Studio.

While we bask in the wonderfulness of our accomplishments our neighbors at surrounding Airports & Film Studios run circles around us. It makes we wonder "What do our neighbors spend their time recording, tracking & celebrating?"

Most might not remember Dr. Deming who almost single handedly rebuilt Japanese industry after WWII. If I remember correctly one of his 14 Points was "95% of Problems Are Created By Management".

Edited by mojo413
  • Like 1

I totally agree with a lot of the points made in this discussion.

The elephant in the room are the trust issues and it is well known who the people are that aren't trusted.

I am not sure if we can move forward without that issue resolved.

Back to airports. All the airports around us have niches that make them successful. Location has a lot to do with the success of corporate and hobby airports doing well. You have to have higher incomes locally to support both.

I believe our niche can be charter and shuttle up 101.

We don't need higher local incomes. we pull the higher income from around the country.

I can see the smaller carriers bringing a million passengers a year through there. A brisk car rental and shuttle service. I don't see us having a huge commercial build up because the destination is 20 miles away.

Someone is going to market this service to athletic teams and Olympic hopefuls all over the country.

They could book to Hartsfield and deal with the expense and headache.

I believe we can have a niche and we need to pursue it single mindedly. That may already be the plan.

The winner is who gets to the point of marketing first.

If you have not looked at Bartow lately you need too. The sports park is continuing to build new venues and they are breaking ground on the technology park. They have museums. Plenty of things to keep a family or team occupied for a week, someone will capitalize on it

More than likely they will have travel agencies and marketers working together to bring in teams and families.

I think this is the only highly profitable niche for our airport, my question is will Propeller be the right company to get us there. I think we need to look at what will work and what is acceptable. I find small discount carriers bringing people in that way acceptable. We have got to have someone market our airport for something. What are we going to do go out find people with planes at smaller airports and steal them away. We don't have to do that to make our airport viable.

I totally agree with a lot of the points made in this discussion.

The elephant in the room are the trust issues and it is well known who the people are that aren't trusted.

I am not sure if we can move forward without that issue resolved.

Back to airports. All the airports around us have niches that make them successful. Location has a lot to do with the success of corporate and hobby airports doing well. You have to have higher incomes locally to support both.

I believe our niche can be charter and shuttle up 101.

We don't need higher local incomes. we pull the higher income from around the country.

I can see the smaller carriers bringing a million passengers a year through there. A brisk car rental and shuttle service. I don't see us having a huge commercial build up because the destination is 20 miles away.

Someone is going to market this service to athletic teams and Olympic hopefuls all over the country.

They could book to Hartsfield and deal with the expense and headache.

I believe we can have a niche and we need to pursue it single mindedly. That may already be the plan.

The winner is who gets to the point of marketing first.

If you have not looked at Bartow lately you need too. The sports park is continuing to build new venues and they are breaking ground on the technology park. They have museums. Plenty of things to keep a family or team occupied for a week, someone will capitalize on it

More than likely they will have travel agencies and marketers working together to bring in teams and families.

I think this is the only highly profitable niche for our airport, my question is will Propeller be the right company to get us there. I think we need to look at what will work and what is acceptable. I find small discount carriers bringing people in that way acceptable. We have got to have someone market our airport for something. What are we going to do go out find people with planes at smaller airports and steal them away. We don't have to do that to make our airport viable.

Yes, I have looked at Batow lately, it's a great GENERAL AVIATION airport. No passenger planes, no part 139, they're doing great.

Nothing that you said rationalizes commercial airlines coming into our airport.

BTW, the airport (race car) has wheels, some people just want to jack those cars up. Won't make them go any faster, just maybe look prettier and cost a lot more.

Our airport has everything it needs to make it successful already, just needs someone that knows what they are doing to run it.

Does anyone think Propeller is looking out for Paulding County? :rofl:

Edited by tundra
  • Like 2

Let Paulding Fly!!!!!

The one thing bret has done is cause a war among the people of Paulding county, and cause the

county to waste millions of $ on something they don't need. Also he has caused two people to be

to be voted out of office, and one to decide not to run again as he knows he has no chance.

STOP THE AUSTIN BROTHERS AIRPORT

• Like 2

Yes, I have looked at Batow lately, it's a great GENERAL AVIATION airport. No passenger planes, no part 139, they're doing great.

Nothing that you said rationalizes commercial airlines coming into our airport.

BTW, the airport (race car) has wheels, some people just want to jack those cars up. Won't make them go any faster, just maybe look prettier and cost a lot more.

Our airport has everything it needs to make it successful already, just needs someone that knows what they are doing to run it.

Does anyone think Propeller is looking out for Paulding County? :rofl:

The small charter planes won't work. Sport teams bring equipment and it needs to go through security screening. I know there is a core group that does not want a significant amount of anything flying in and out of that airport.

All good deals are a win/win. Propeller is in it for profit and they will have to work hard for it. as far as I know they are not on payroll from the county. At the end of the day it is still a trust issue.

The small charter planes won't work. Sport teams bring equipment and it needs to go through security screening. I know there is a core group that does not want a significant amount of anything flying in and out of that airport.

All good deals are a win/win. Propeller is in it for profit and they will have to work hard for it. as far as I know they are not on payroll from the county. At the end of the day it is still a trust issue.

Wait, are you saying they can't fly in to McCollum or Cartersville?

Propeller doesn't care about the citizens of Paulding County. And you're right I don't trust Propeller.

Why do you keep bringing up this ludicrous idea of charter's into PUJ and shuttle the 18 miles to the sports center, when they can charter into Mccollum and shuttle just 8 miles to the complex right up Hwy-41????? It's a straight shot!!! They can rent a car and never get lost!!!!!! The charter and shuttle from PUJ would have to be free for anyone to use it!!!!

• Like 5

Why do you keep bringing up this ludicrous idea of charter's into PUJ and shuttle the 18 miles to the sports center, when they can charter into Mccollum and shuttle just 8 miles to the complex right up Hwy-41????? It's a straight shot!!! They can rent a car and never get lost!!!!!! The charter and shuttle from PUJ would have to be free for anyone to use it!!!!

You have to love the positive attitude towards our community and anything positive or good every happening here.

This community is so overwhelmingly negative. The surrounding counties have so many positive things happening but not Paulding. We need to turn that airport into a positive. People wonder why their input gets passed over with an eye roll. It is not like it can't be done, the surrounding counties are proof. The attitude is specific to this county. Some people have made a hobby of criticism here. We will never get open and positive leaders in this county we are a self fulfilling prophecy. As I said the sharp positive people leave, there is nothing here for them, They get the same mud slung on them and fight the negative attitude. To many fertile fields for them to stay. People like you will shoot everything down. I think you have to be 1/2 crazy to run for office here. Leadership generally does exactly what is expected of them. They are expected to fail and they do. It is so easy to find something to criticize and that is exactly what happens no matter who is in leadership here. Nobody is specific about what they want, they always know what they don't want and that is about everything. A county is a business, all businesses grow through decisions and goals.

I see our problem being the ideas, planning and decision making. We have to keep in mind the boards and commissions are not really in the idea, planning and decision making business, they are in the approval business. Directors, managers, and superintendents do the planning and decision making.

I just don't believe the majority know what they want. If they did they would be making a difference where it counted in the planning stage by coming up with ideas that take us forward and talking with the planners. Paulding .com has just allowed me to publish my idea about moving forward. It is not just for publishing every negative gripe about our community. Many of my marketing ideas were used for the second year of the airshow and it did so much better the second year. It was much more positive and successful.

• Like 2

You have to love the positive attitude towards our community and anything positive or good every happening here.

This community is so overwhelmingly negative. The surrounding counties have so many positive things happening but not Paulding. We need to turn that airport into a positive. People wonder why their input gets passed over with an eye roll. It is not like it can't be done, the surrounding counties are proof. The attitude is specific to this county. Some people have made a hobby of criticism here. We will never get open and positive leaders in this county we are a self fulfilling prophecy. As I said the sharp positive people leave, there is nothing here for them, They get the same mud slung on them and fight the negative attitude. To many fertile fields for them to stay. People like you will shoot everything down. I think you have to be 1/2 crazy to run for office here. Leadership generally does exactly what is expected of them. They are expected to fail and they do. It is so easy to find something to criticize and that is exactly what happens no matter who is in leadership here. Nobody is specific about what they want, they always know what they don't want and that is about everything. A county is a business, all businesses grow through decisions and goals.

I see our problem being the ideas, planning and decision making. We have to keep in mind the boards and commissions are not really in the idea, planning and decision making business, they are in the approval business. Directors, managers, and superintendents do the planning and decision making.

I just don't believe the majority know what they want. If they did they would be making a difference where it counted in the planning stage by coming up with ideas that take us forward and talking with the planners. Paulding .com has just allowed me to publish my idea about moving forward. It is not just for publishing every negative gripe about our community. Many of my marketing ideas were used for the second year of the airshow and it did so much better the second year. It was much more positive and successful.

Oh our airport is a very positive thing...............and can be as successful as any General Aviation airport in the region. Just because I don't believe commercialization is the way to go, doesn't mean I'm negative. Perhaps it's those that can't get past promises of windfall dollars that have the negative perception. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Just ask Macon or Ben Epps.

I'm excited to think we have every opportunity to be like McCollum or Cartersville. We can do it!

Edited by tundra
  • Like 1

What was the attendance at the airshow this year ? ? ?

How much was donated to charity from the proceeds ? ? ?

:pardon:

• Like 2

LPPT

First the airshow has never been a financial success and will be years before it will be. This year was a disaster and was a success only to the point of the recognition and respect given the veterans !!!!!

I agree trust is a factor.... Name me one thing that the IBA, PCAA, Chamber of commerce David Austin , Blake Swafford And the two mayors have done to instill a little trust into the citizens???? After all LPPT they are the folks that we did trust and was secretly royally given the shaft by all of them....... Really give me a break...... do you really think it is okay for them to keep a secret from the citizens for almost 17 months and them run full page ads telling us that everything was done out in the open!!!!!

Do you build trust by doing what David Austin did yesterday in the commissioners meeting by limiting one citizen to five minutes and allowing the next citizen to speak for over twenty minutes just because he was that speaker was supportive of his position........ That is no way to build trust!!!!!

Until the leadership of this County is changed or they change the way that they govern they will continue to be turmoil and this county will never move forward.

• Like 3

Paulding leadership has no interest in settling any lawsuits if they can keep litigating.

THE FIRM is in charge and they plan to ride the gravy train as long as they can.

Give me one good reason we are paying THE FIRM millions of dollars per year to litigate and file motions a recent law graduate working as a county employee could file, and accomplish the same delaying tactics.

Run up the bill, and keep their grasp on power.

THE FIRM has been running the county for going on to 20 years, and will continue to do so. They apparently have enough on Austin to keep him in place and to keep their hold on the riens of power, and then check book.

The actual issue of the airport, 139 certificate, Propellar, etc. is al diversionary and draws attention away from those who are pulling the puppet strings and laughing all the way to the bank, on the tax payer nickle.

• Like 4

I have been for the airport from the very start, with the hope that it would bring jobs to my part of the county.The problem is that the economy tanked at the same time the airport was finished. I still think that the airport has great potential for future business, for general or commercial use.

As far as noise is concerned, the drag strip, that some idiots, propose would be a lot worse then a airport would be and if you don't belive it, ask those who used to live next to the old Dallas Dragstrip.

• Like 1