#1 Garland

Garland

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:52 AM

Has this been discussed at all on here?

She was arrested last Friday for theft by conversion and he resigned from EPMS.  I can't find anything local about it.

#2 ProudRaiderMom

ProudRaiderMom

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:17 AM

I hope this isn't true, Mr. Taylor is such a great asset to EPMS.  

#3 Garland

Garland

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:36 AM

He has resigned and she was arrested.  I am hearing that the theft might have happened when she was the fill-in bookkeeper this summer.

#4 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,393 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:39 AM

I just don't understand how people think that they won't get caught.

#5 PinkCrickett

PinkCrickett

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:02 AM

What position did he have?

#6 Garland

Garland

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:07 AM

He was the principal, PinkCrickett.

#7 ProudRaiderMom

ProudRaiderMom

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:22 AM

He was the principal, PinkCrickett.

I know he will be missed at EPMS, I have had a kid in that school for the past 6 years and he was the best we had ever had.  So good with the kids and his job.  

Edited by ProudRaiderMom, 24 August 2015 - 01:32 PM.

• Dana and ohmygosh like this

#8 Peaches

Peaches

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:26 AM

Has this been discussed at all on here?

She was arrested last Friday for theft by conversion and he resigned from EPMS.  I can't find anything local about it.

I think this is all the information because anything else is just speculation and rumor. 

• Dana likes this

#9 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,626 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:28 AM

So was she the one stealing and he got caught in the cross fire, or did he know? I find it hard to praise a thief.

• lowrider likes this

#10 Rose Luxemburg

Rose Luxemburg

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:37 AM

oh my.....

• mojo413 likes this

#11 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,579 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:42 AM

I know he will missed at EPMS, I have had a kid in that school for the past 6 years and he was the best we had ever had.  So good with the kids and his job.

Your comments are the only facts I know about Mr. Taylor. I had a child there when he was principal and he was a true asset to our school. I really find it sickening that he is being tried and convicted on a public forum.
  • ProudRaiderMom and Greatma like this

There but for the grace of God, go I.

#12 The General

The General

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:18 AM

I think this is all the information because anything else is just speculation and rumor. 

Check the jail web site.. it's there.

#13 Peaches

Peaches

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:37 AM

Check the jail web site.. it's there.

Yes. She was arrested and he resigned. We know it was over conversion of money. Speculating about anything else is just rumor.

#14 LindaB

LindaB

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:27 PM

And now the county is looking for 2 principals in mid year

#15 Garland

Garland

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:11 PM

AJC has it now:

http://www.ajc.com/n...ling-mon/nnQFd/

#16 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,393 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:23 PM

Again, why do people think they won't get caught.

A boat? And it was intended for a learning center.

Taxpayer money?

I have no sympathy. I want a lot of things but I don't steal to get them.
  • mach4, ProudMawMawof5, momof 3 and 2 others like this

#17 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,626 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:33 PM

Again, why do people think they won't get caught.

A boat? And it was intended for a learning center.

Taxpayer money?

I have no sympathy. I want a lot of things but I don't steal to get them.

Indeed!

#18 Greatma

Greatma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:36 PM

This was just on the news, makes me sick, 25000 dollars and bought a boat.  They say the system thinks he might be involved.

This is just awful, how can people do this?

#19 Mistake Not...

Mistake Not...

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:21 PM

I know what she was thinking.

6iRDQQs.gif

But after that I can only guess she lost her ever loving mind.

Edited by Beats Working, 24 August 2015 - 05:27 PM.

• moejoefoe and mei lan like this

Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Wrath.

#20 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,769 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:32 PM

The Associated Press

DALLAS, Ga. — 

An accountant for a Georgia school system has been charged with stealing $25,000 and using the money to buy a boat.

Paulding County sheriff's officials said Monday that Julie A. Taylor is charged with theft by conversion. Jail records show she turned herself in Friday and was released on $11,200 bond.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports (http://on-ajc.com/1V5hNl1) Taylor is accused of taking a $25,000 check intended for the New Hope Learning Center. Paulding County sheriff's Cpl. Ashley Henson says she cashed the check for personal use.

Henson says deputies found a boat that Taylor purchased with the money and impounded it during the investigation.

It was not immediately known if Taylor had an attorney. A spokeswoman for the Paulding County school system said Monday she is no longer employed there.

- See more at: http://www.actionnew...y.Ixe25PQM.dpuf

I pulled her profile on fb and she liked boats, cruises, so I guess she wanted her own.  

"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#21 DallasRED

DallasRED

GO NAVY!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,976 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:39 PM

WOW! First the sign and now this. east%20paulding%20middle%20school_zpshdn

Posted Image

"Why are some people such assholes for no reason but then are the first to bitch to the mods when the tables are turned" GO BLUE

"You judge me and think you know me, and I'm quite sure we've never met. You know nothing." MADEA

"NOT ONE DAMN ONE OF YOU HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ME I CAN NOT FEEL THE WAY I DO." SOLO

#22 tbird

tbird

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:01 PM

I have seen civil cases where the spouse is sued for the embezzlement too. We actually worked a huge case years ago and the wife went to federal prison to save the husband. She was the one that embezzled hundreds of thousands of dollars from a very well known law firm in Downtown Atlanta. Because he had "reaped the benefits" of her crimes, they were suing him also.

#23 ohmygosh

ohmygosh

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:46 PM

This is so very sad; what a fine principal he was.  2 kids in college.  What in the world was she thinking?  Embezzlers always get caught, especially in a large business or system.  Surely she didn't think she'd get away with it.  So sorry for Mr. and the kids.

• ProudRaiderMom likes this

#24 tbird

tbird

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:01 PM

Surely the husband didn't just think the boat "appeared" and she didn't have to pay for it??? Guess he just thought that she had an extra 25K sitting around--NOT!

• elliesgranny, ProudMawMawof5 and kyro like this

#25 Stonewall

Stonewall

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:27 AM

Sound like really good folks(sarcasm intended). If he is dumb enough to think a boat just appeared out of nowhere I would not want him involved in my child's education. She appears to be a stupid, money grubbing, self centered thief, who violated the public trust. I have no compassion for either of them.
  • momof 3 likes this

#26 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,177 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:03 AM

I really, really hate to hear this. We love Mr Taylor.

• ProudRaiderMom and Dana like this

#27 silverpaw

silverpaw

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:10 AM

I've been reading some of the posts about this. Brett Taylor did not resign. He was placed on administrative leave pending investigation. Secondly, it's very possible that he had no idea. Together, they made a good salary. If she handled all the money, she could have told him she had saved it over time. There are many situations where a spouse is unaware of the finances. I sincerely hope that he had no idea. He has always appeared to be a good man and would rather he be naive instead of deceptive.
I've been reading some of the posts about this. Brett Taylor did not resign. He was placed on administrative leave pending investigation. Secondly, it's very possible that he had no idea. Together, they made a good salary. If she handled all the money, she could have told him she had saved it over time. There are many situations where a spouse is unaware of the finances. I sincerely hope that he had no idea. He has always appeared to be a good man and would rather he be naive instead of deceptive.
  • Dana and mei lan like this

#28 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,177 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:23 AM

I am glad he did not resign, and I also hope he did not know. Mr Taylor is so involved with his kids and the school. 

• ProudRaiderMom, Dana and ohmygosh like this

#29 Mistake Not...

Mistake Not...

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:46 AM

Wife and I discussed this last night and pretty much came to the same conclusion as Silverpaw lays out, as it only makes sense. I know it's speculation but that's how this feels.

She had to have been in charge of the household money, he probably had a vague idea of what they saved. And he brings it up that he found a boat to buy, if that is what they were saving for, but for whatever reason the money wasn't really there. She panics, grabs the check, and believes that in some way she's only borrowing it. That she'll fix it or pay it back before anyone notices. And this is the result.

To me this would be the simplest explanation, because anything else defies all logic.

• Dana, gog8tors and mei lan like this

Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Wrath.

#30 ~Chester~

~Chester~

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,994 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:35 AM

It's very plausible that he did not even know she bought the boat. We don't know when she bought it so possible that he was never made aware. It is just a shame though my kid just finished 3 years at EPMS and I had several dealings with Mr Taylor and he was also fair and seemed like a good principle.

Never mind I see that the boat was seized from their house so ya, he had to have some sort of idea and might have wondered where the money came from.

I hope they can prove he was not aware and he divorces his wife.

Edited by ~Chester~, 25 August 2015 - 09:39 AM.

#31 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,177 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:53 AM

Well since we do not know when the boat was purchased I will reserve any judgement where Mr Taylor is concerned. She may have said a friend was keeping it there or any other number of stories.

#32 whatzup?

whatzup?

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:59 PM

I have to wonder if she took care of all the bills, bank accounts, etc.  Maybe she told him she made a down payment on the boat and was making payments, maybe he thought she was really good with money and saved for the boat.  Then again someone told me that he had just bought a new car, so I don't know.  

#33 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,370 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:28 PM

Well since we do not know when the boat was purchased I will reserve any judgement where Mr Taylor is concerned. She may have said a friend was keeping it there or any other number of stories.

The picture I saw of the boat at the sheriffs department was under a tarp but the trailer I saw looked brand new.

The picture was in Pubbys post about the incident/crime.
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#34 Andiebree

Andiebree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:34 PM

Bret Taylor DID resign from EPMS. Just got an email and a recorded call from my son'school stating so.

#35 Stonewall

Stonewall

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:54 PM

Denial- a refusal to accept or believe

Thief- one who steals

Source Webster's New World Dictionary

#36 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,626 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:29 AM

Surely the husband didn't just think the boat "appeared" and she didn't have to pay for it??? Guess he just thought that she had an extra 25K sitting around--NOT!

:good: I'll tell you something, if I suddenly bought a boat, car or any other big ticket item, my husband, unless he was a stupid idiot or in on it, would want to know immediately where the money came from. Are you kidding me? This thieving broad stole 25,000 from the New Hope learning Center, bought a boat and no questions were asked? Unbelievable! Who the He!! does this????? What a pig.

Edited by momof 3, 26 August 2015 - 07:30 AM.

• ProudMawMawof5 and tbird like this

#37 ProudMawMawof5

ProudMawMawof5

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:07 PM

:good: I'll tell you something, if I suddenly bought a boat, car or any other big ticket item, my husband, unless he was a stupid idiot or in on it, would want to know immediately where the money came from. Are you kidding me? This thieving broad stole 25,000 from the New Hope learning Center, bought a boat and no questions were asked? Unbelievable! Who the He!! does this????? What a pig.

I totally agree with mom of 3. I've been married 39 years and I take care of all our finances. There is no way I could go buy a $25,000 boat and my husband be stupid enough to believe that I had saved that kind of money without him knowing it. That just does not happen in the real world.

• elliesgranny, TJB and kyro like this

#38 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,626 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:37 PM

I totally agree with mom of 3. I've been married 39 years and I take care of all our finances. There is no way I could go buy a $25,000 boat and my husband be stupid enough to believe that I had saved that kind of money without him knowing it. That just does not happen in the real world.

Exactly!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics