Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
lowrider

Will You be Watching Tonight? Fear of the Walking Dead

I'm a dead head of the Walking Dead.

Tonight at 9:00 is the premier of "Fear of The Walking Dead" on AMC

It's actually a prequel, it's the beginning of the end taking place in LA.

I'm catching up on Sunday afternoons for The Walking Dead, just when I think I've seen them all, I see one I must have missed.

I've been waiting all summer for my two favorite shows to come back on. Empire in September and October 11 is season 6 of The Walking Dead.

I'll be watching.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/fear-the-walking-dead-season-1-dave-erickson/?rss=keywords

Don't call Fear the Walking Dead a spin-off.

AMC's new series inspired by the success of The Walking Dead is a "companion series," but the differences between the two shows involve more than just semantics. The new series, which was co-created by Walking Dead mastermind Robert Kirkman and Dave Erickson and premieres Sunday at 9/8c, features an all-new cast of characters, is set thousands of miles across the country from the mothership, and takes place at the very beginning of the apocalypse that wipes out most of mankind.

This time around, the action begins in sunny Los Angeles, where guidance counselor Madison (Kim Dickens) and English teacher Travis (Cliff Curtis) are in the process of blending their families. When Madison's junkie son Nick (Frank Dillane) becomes the first person to lay eyes on one of the undead monsters, it's easy enough to dismiss what he sees as a heroin addict's hallucinations. But as more and more "sick" humans become violent -- and the police reaction to said violence incites rioting and chaos-- it becomes clear the end of civilization is at hand.

• Like 1

::::::SPOILERS::::::

It was a slow start with a lot of character building, but I guess that's to be expected. I didn't like the mother, but I think that is intentional on the writer's part. As I read somewhere, the viewer is in on the "joke." We know where things are headed and they don't. The mother thinking her son hallucinated that the girlfriend killed people and the comments about the police video where the police are using excessive violence. Even the previews where she comments that the government will take care of things. All has us going "yeah, right....if you only knew....."

• Like 1

They did a repeat today @ about 9:30 this morning so I caught what I missed Sunday night.

Not sure what I think yet, but I keep reading reviews/spoilers and I think I will enjoy it.

and LR - loved my all-Sunday Walking Dead marathons lately and have caught a few shows I missed. Still missing some but I got caught up some. Next season starts 10/11 so I'm looking forward to the marathon before the next season starts and next season too!

• Like 1

::::::SPOILERS::::::

It was a slow start with a lot of character building, but I guess that's to be expected. I didn't like the mother, but I think that is intentional on the writer's part. As I read somewhere, the viewer is in on the "joke." We know where things are headed and they don't. The mother thinking her son hallucinated that the girlfriend killed people and the comments about the police video where the police are using excessive violence. Even the previews where she comments that the government will take care of things. All has us going "yeah, right....if you only knew....."

It was slow, but the last 30 minutes finally became what it's about, they can't believe what they're seeing and they don't know what it is or what to do about it.

And I agree, when she said the authorities will take care of it..............I just LOL, yeah the authorities HIGH UP will only take care of themselves.

You know they say when civilization collapses, it does so quickly.

I'll be watching!

I did actually like "Fear". I love love The Walking Dead. Just waiting for a cutie like Darryl to come along. lol

Hey don't talk about Daryl, LOL he's one of my favs along with Rick and Michonne..........and Carol.........and now I think with Season 6, Morgan Jones.

• Like 1

They did a repeat today @ about 9:30 this morning so I caught what I missed Sunday night.

Not sure what I think yet, but I keep reading reviews/spoilers and I think I will enjoy it.

and LR - loved my all-Sunday Walking Dead marathons lately and have caught a few shows I missed. Still missing some but I got caught up some. Next season starts 10/11 so I'm looking forward to the marathon before the next season starts and next season too!

IKR? Just when I think I've seen them all, I see one I missed.

I think Season 6 is going to be so good, especially with Morgan showing up.

And what about the Wolves? They are going to have to deal with them.

Do you watch The Talking Dead? They were talking about losing some more folks...............

October October October I can't wait!!

I can't wait for the Walking Dead! I have DVR'd Fear, but haven't watched it yet.

I really don't like when the Walking Dead kills off main characters... Good to be back on pcom!

• Like 1

i watched the first episode on demand last week. wasn't impressed. may or may not watch the second episode some time this week.... it's quite slow and boring.

i watched the first episode on demand last week. wasn't impressed. may or may not watch the second episode some time this week.... it's quite slow and boring.

The first one was slow, the first hour was building the characters in the storyline, the last half hour they encountered their first zombie.

Last night was good , LA is falling apart and there is rioting. Others close to the characters have come down with the virus, and the mother killed one last night.

They're supposed to be heading for the desert, but the husband is holed up in town with his son and his ex in a barber shop.

• Like 1

meh, so if LA knows (knew) what was going on, why didn't Rick have even an inkling when he woke up in the hospital?

why did the first band of survivors go to the CDC for answers about how it started?

just...lame

IKR? Just when I think I've seen them all, I see one I missed.

I think Season 6 is going to be so good, especially with Morgan showing up.

And what about the Wolves? They are going to have to deal with them.

Do you watch The Talking Dead? They were talking about losing some more folks...............

October October October I can't wait!!

I get an email from a casting company that provides extras for TWD. They not only provide acting leads, but they send out kind of a newsletter too. I won't say what it said since it is BIG BIG news and it would be a HUGE spoiler, but if it is true....OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!! (If you really want to know - you can send me a PM, but I don't want to risk being hunted down because someone accidentally read it on here). The only thing I will say on here...which is an innocuous comment at best...(but I'll still do a spoiler alert so you can avoid it if you want to.....

SPOILER...

(YOU'VE BEEN WARNED)

They say that one of the major characters recently reported for "zombie school." (You'll be shocked when you find out who it is!)

• Like 2

I get an email from a casting company that provides extras for TWD. They not only provide acting leads, but they send out kind of a newsletter too. I won't say what it said since it is BIG BIG news and it would be a HUGE spoiler, but if it is true....OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!! (If you really want to know - you can send me a PM, but I don't want to risk being hunted down because someone accidentally read it on here). The only thing I will say on here...which is an innocuous comment at best...(but I'll still do a spoiler alert so you can avoid it if you want to.....

SPOILER...

(YOU'VE BEEN WARNED)

They say that one of the major characters recently reported for "zombie school." (You'll be shocked when you find out who it is!)

I can be PM'd then decide if I'll read :)

I have a feeling who it might be ........

I can be PM'd then decide if I'll read :)

I have a feeling who it they :spiteful: might be ........

You've been PM'd. You KNOW you want to read it. lol....

Edited by SushiBoofay

SPOILER...

(YOU'VE BEEN WARNED)

Oh girl, don't let it be Daryl or Michonne OR Rick!

Send me a PM. I won't tell a soul.

How do you get special emails anyway??? LOL

After 2 episodes I am still up in the air. Need more gun fire. Not sure if I like the Johnny Depp, Jr. character.

He's probably going to be a major part of the story.

Last night was the third show and it was great!

Things are rolling now.........

We watched it and the only characters I like are the druggie kid that is still wearing the old mans clothes he stole from the hospital and the barber. I hate the mother, really hate the sister and I did like the step dad, but that ended tonite. Hubby says my problem is that I know what happens and it's all still new to them and they are in denial. The step dad wants to help everyone that is obviously beyond help and got mad at the barber when he killed the guy who was in their house eating the dog and he hates guns.......get a grip dude. Of course we're going to be glued to the TV on Sunday again and maybe the people will get a little more sympathetic.

Edited by momof 3