183 replies to this topic

#161 mojo413

mojo413

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,812 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:45 AM

I have been blessed to have been able to retire almost exactly when this issue was made public.

I hope I have been consistent in suggesting our fellow citizens attend each BOC, PCAA & IBA meeting and if unable to attend, to watch all meetings unedited on the Stop Paulding County Airport Expansion Facebook Page so that they be better educated in order to come to their own conclusions.

Tomorrow the PCAA meets at 9am then the IBA meets immediately after or at 10am. The PCAA & IBA meet in the BOC Meeting Room on the 2nd Floor of the Court House Admin Building. Also the Agendas are posted on the same site for tomorrow's meetings. The Agendas are posted as soon as they come out and the unedited videos are always posted as soon as humanly possible after each meeting.

I was a little surprised to get this PM... "I wanted to ask you a question about the upcoming PCAA meeting since it seems you're one of the people that frequently attends those and would steer me in the right direction.

In one of your posts you mentioned that the meetings are held at the Court house in BOC room. When I went over to the county website, the meetings are said to take place at the Airport.

Could you possibly comfirm the right location as I would like to attend this Wed, time permitting, and not sure where to go".

This PM made me think there are others unsure of where our local meetings are held. I am honored to have been asked this question. I'm in my "sweet spot" when I am able to help someone.

Edited by mojo413, 18 August 2015 - 04:53 AM.

• NewsJunky likes this
Republican since Reagan
TRUMP 2020!!!
John Hyden
770-366-1552

#162 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,191 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:08 AM

Why are people ganging up on Pubby for HIS expressions/opinions? If you have questions, go to the commissioners or individuals and let them speak for themselves.

Jeez folks!

This is what this site has become. This is where people come to vomit now. It is seldom that there are discussions that stay civil. Most that come here to post don't want a civil discussion. Everyone gives as good as they get. I am not pointing fingers. 95% of those here now have indulged. The balance is gone. Those that don't like that sort of thing have moved on. The ones that do like it don't want to tolerate an opposing view they want a rant fest. They want to regurgitate the snide and sarcastic rhetoric and don't want it challenged because it is so full of holes you can drive a semi through it.

I would not be surprised though to see some coming back as we get closer to elections. The meme's are floating around hard and fast on FB and as things heat up their will be challenges to them that will make things uncomfortable for many on FB.

This particular topic hits close to home for many so of course there is going to be passionate conversation.

You brought up a good point about this being a great community board at one time.

The lack of control, mine included at times has contributed to where we are now.

I have maintained many of the relationships with many small business owners since they left.

They still tell me that p.com was the best form of advertising they ever used and they still have many of the customers they got from here.

They tell me it just got so hateful that they did not want to be part of it.

I don't know if the site will survive, only time will tell.

The community has suffered much more than those that have had their political beliefs challenged.

A lot also has to do with relevance, I see very little many days that I come here. It is just the same old stuff every day by the same people.

Kind of like stocking a store with the same stuff over and over. I didn't like it or want it yesterday, there is no reason to think I will want it next week so I don't come back.

I also know that some simply want to punish Pubby for his rigorous form of debate. I simply can not imagine why someone who is in a debate giving as good as they get wanting to punish the other person.

Theres my 2 cents worth, really worth nothing as it won't make a difference when t is all said and done.

• nezzie, CreativeOne and Rose Luxemburg like this

El Zorro

As far as releasing my name here, it's not going to happen.  There have been people here who found someone's given name and then found where they worked and made things difficult for them - all because they didn't like them here because of their political opinions.

#163 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:06 PM

I have been blessed to have been able to retire almost exactly when this issue was made public.

I hope I have been consistent in suggesting our fellow citizens attend each BOC, PCAA & IBA meeting and if unable to attend, to watch all meetings unedited on the Stop Paulding County Airport Expansion Facebook Page so that they be better educated in order to come to their own conclusions.

Tomorrow the PCAA meets at 9am then the IBA meets immediately after or at 10am. The PCAA & IBA meet in the BOC Meeting Room on the 2nd Floor of the Court House Admin Building. Also the Agendas are posted on the same site for tomorrow's meetings. The Agendas are posted as soon as they come out and the unedited videos are always posted as soon as humanly possible after each meeting.

I was a little surprised to get this PM... "I wanted to ask you a question about the upcoming PCAA meeting since it seems you're one of the people that frequently attends those and would steer me in the right direction.

In one of your posts you mentioned that the meetings are held at the Court house in BOC room. When I went over to the county website, the meetings are said to take place at the Airport.

Could you possibly comfirm the right location as I would like to attend this Wed, time permitting, and not sure where to go".

This PM made me think there are others unsure of where our local meetings are held. I am honored to have been asked this question. I'm in my "sweet spot" when I am able to help someone.

That's cause you are a good person!

• Dana likes this

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~~George Orwell

There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.........

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."~~ Edward R. Murrow   

#164 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:08 PM

This is what this site has become. This is where people come to vomit now. It is seldom that there are discussions that stay civil. Most that come here to post don't want a civil discussion. Everyone gives as good as they get. I am not pointing fingers. 95% of those here now have indulged. The balance is gone. Those that don't like that sort of thing have moved on. The ones that do like it don't want to tolerate an opposing view they want a rant fest. They want to regurgitate the snide and sarcastic rhetoric and don't want it challenged because it is so full of holes you can drive a semi through it.

I would not be surprised though to see some coming back as we get closer to elections. The meme's are floating around hard and fast on FB and as things heat up their will be challenges to them that will make things uncomfortable for many on FB.

This particular topic hits close to home for many so of course there is going to be passionate conversation.

You brought up a good point about this being a great community board at one time.

The lack of control, mine included at times has contributed to where we are now.

I have maintained many of the relationships with many small business owners since they left.

They still tell me that p.com was the best form of advertising they ever used and they still have many of the customers they got from here.

They tell me it just got so hateful that they did not want to be part of it.

I don't know if the site will survive, only time will tell.

The community has suffered much more than those that have had their political beliefs challenged.

A lot also has to do with relevance, I see very little many days that I come here. It is just the same old stuff every day by the same people.

Kind of like stocking a store with the same stuff over and over. I didn't like it or want it yesterday, there is no reason to think I will want it next week so I don't come back.

I also know that some simply want to punish Pubby for his rigorous form of debate. I simply can not imagine why someone who is in a debate giving as good as they get wanting to punish the other person.

Theres my 2 cents worth, really worth nothing as it won't make a difference when t is all said and done.

I would think Pubby got exactly what he wanted in this thread... I mean look at the title of this thread!!!!

• lowrider, NewsJunky, radiohead and 1 other like this
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has Margaret Mead

I oppose the airport expansion

http://www.savepauldingco.com/blog/

"And believe you me, if there was going to be airliners I would not be a part of this, never ever would I be a part of this"

#165 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,191 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:00 PM

I would think Pubby got exactly what he wanted in this thread... I mean look at the title of this thread!!!!

Did it occur to you that Pubby is not the only one with this perspective of this issue.

He certainly allows you and others to discuss it from your perspective. When he doesn't agree with you all hell breaks loose.

The insults start flying and God forbid he lobs a few back. He occasionally does but he never abuses his power over the board to delete you, or your words. I sometimes wonder what some of you would do on the other side of the board. My guess Pubby would have been gone in the first few days. Most of you believe that he should restrict his posting or at least moderate his personality on here. He never has and the more years that pass the nastier the attacks.

• markdavd, nezzie and Beach Bum like this

El Zorro

As far as releasing my name here, it's not going to happen.  There have been people here who found someone's given name and then found where they worked and made things difficult for them - all because they didn't like them here because of their political opinions.

#166 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:06 PM

Did it occur to you that Pubby is not the only one with this perspective of this issue.

He certainly allows you and others to discuss it from your perspective. When he doesn't agree with you all hell breaks loose.

The insults start flying and God forbid he lobs a few back. He occasionally does but he never abuses his power over the board to delete you, or your words. I sometimes wonder what some of you would do on the other side of the board. My guess Pubby would have been gone in the first few days. Most of you believe that he should restrict his posting or at least moderate his personality on here. He never has and the more years that pass the nastier the attacks.

LPPT yes I know that about 30 to 35 % of the folks in Paulding County feel the same way Pubby does, I do not think I have treated Pubby any differently than he has treated me, Stradial and some others on this forum.

I like Pubby.. I sat next to him at the meeting where the issue in this thread was discussed, I shook hands with him and we talked.

I think he is very bitter from the election and is having a difficult time accepting that Patti really put a trouncing on him.

He really thought that he was going to beat Todd Pownall if he got to run against him in a general election, Problem was he could not win the primary. He is very bitter towards Todd Pownall, And really for no reason.

Hell, when WE all sat on the front porch at surepip Todd and Pubby were good buds...... REMEMBER????

Pubby and I have really had some tense situations over this airport deal, maybe you need to sit down and talk with him before you throw me under the bus. I talked with Pubby several times in his office when the story first broke. And gave him some scoops that for some reason he chose not to publish

OH and BTW looking back at the comments you made about the election between David and Tony in 2012 a lot has surfaced that I think you and Pubby were aware of then that you did not let anyone in the small group know about. RIGHT????

Just so you know that I have been open and honest, I HAVE NEVER SUPPORTED THE AIRPORT  and never will. I moved here in the 70s to get away from Hartsfield Jackson airport.

I saw first hand what a commercial airport can do to a County and I am going to do everything I can to see that this does not happen to Paulding County if that means disagreeing with  you and Pubby then I will do that.

The manner that David Austin And David Carmichael went about the commercialization of the airport was underhanded, devious, secretly and in my opinion unlawful...... YOU, know that David lied about Surepip in a critical time of that election and that he is not as good as his word. SUREPIP did what was right, and then got threw out of his house because of it. RIGHT????

Hope you have a nice evening

• radiohead likes this
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has Margaret Mead

I oppose the airport expansion

http://www.savepauldingco.com/blog/

"And believe you me, if there was going to be airliners I would not be a part of this, never ever would I be a part of this"

#167 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,631 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:47 PM

Whitey:

You must think I'm really dumb to think I would be able to beat Todd in the general election in west Paulding running as a Democrat.  It was a long shot at best.

Speaking of Todd, what you don't know is that I told him of my plans in November/December 2013 and told him that I didn't think I had a chance in hell of beating him in the election but what I wanted to do was provide a way to demonstrate how Paulding.com could be employed to provide a new way to select and elect people to office.  I anticipated ... and he seemed good with it ... that we would invite folks to talk about the various issues including the state races where it would have been the Pat and Todd show, more or less.  All I wanted to do was produce a show kind of like the Pat and Patti show, except with Todd. 

Of course Patti tells me that when she and he talked, she said he was interested in doing the same thing.  After our discussions we realized that he was blowing smoke up our butts the whole time.

Oh, and you'd have known what I am saying is true if you saw the cheese-eating grin when he at the candidates meeting - the first time I actually met Patti and I assumed she was planning to run in the Republican Primary ... and Todd corrected me... that was a grin like the kind you see when you win a sucker bet.

So don't lecture me on how I have this massive ego that was crushed and crap.  I just knew that I was suckered and Todd is manipulative ... and that is being nice.

pubby

#168 rockster

rockster

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:46 PM

" Paulding.com could be employed to provide a new way to select and elect people to office".

Did I read that right? You suggested that your website be employed, to SELECT & ELECT people to office? LMAO

• mojo413 likes this

#169 mojo413

mojo413

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,812 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:35 AM

" Paulding.com could be employed to provide a new way to select and elect people to office".

Did I read that right? You suggested that your website be employed, to SELECT & ELECT people to office? LMAO

Back in the day Pcom was a very well respected and powerful political lobby group in our county. I first took it Pubby was referring to offer a more public forum where all were invited to express their opinions and platforms.

Of course back in those days people got together and fellowshipped, then hit the community lobbying for candidates or causes we endorsed. There was great pride in introducing ourselves by screen name. Somewhere it became fashionable to hide behind a screen and keyboard. Now it's become fashionable to bash and hide. Only Pubby knows if he supported and endorsed the changes I suspect lead to Pcom moving slowly from a powerful political lobby during Jerry Shearin's term to Pauldings version of National Enquirer during David Austin's reign.
  • WHITEY and NewsJunky like this
Republican since Reagan
TRUMP 2020!!!
John Hyden
770-366-1552

#170 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,191 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:20 AM

LPPT yes I know that about 30 to 35 % of the folks in Paulding County feel the same way Pubby does, I do not think I have treated Pubby any differently than he has treated me, Stradial and some others on this forum.

I like Pubby.. I sat next to him at the meeting where the issue in this thread was discussed, I shook hands with him and we talked.

I think he is very bitter from the election and is having a difficult time accepting that Patti really put a trouncing on him.

He really thought that he was going to beat Todd Pownall if he got to run against him in a general election, Problem was he could not win the primary. He is very bitter towards Todd Pownall, And really for no reason.

Hell, when WE all sat on the front porch at surepip Todd and Pubby were good buds...... REMEMBER????

Pubby and I have really had some tense situations over this airport deal, maybe you need to sit down and talk with him before you throw me under the bus. I talked with Pubby several times in his office when the story first broke. And gave him some scoops that for some reason he chose not to publish

OH and BTW looking back at the comments you made about the election between David and Tony in 2012 a lot has surfaced that I think you and Pubby were aware of then that you did not let anyone in the small group know about. RIGHT????

Just so you know that I have been open and honest, I HAVE NEVER SUPPORTED THE AIRPORT  and never will. I moved here in the 70s to get away from Hartsfield Jackson airport.

I saw first hand what a commercial airport can do to a County and I am going to do everything I can to see that this does not happen to Paulding County if that means disagreeing with  you and Pubby then I will do that.

The manner that David Austin And David Carmichael went about the commercialization of the airport was underhanded, devious, secretly and in my opinion unlawful...... YOU, know that David lied about Surepip in a critical time of that election and that he is not as good as his word. SUREPIP did what was right, and then got threw out of his house because of it. RIGHT????

Hope you have a nice evening

I have no idea about the specifics you are referring to. When someone tells me something in confidence or off the record it stays that way period. As I have said I knew more than I wanted to know and in the end and wished I could forget half of it.

At the end of the day politics is a game. A game of manipulation, secrets and lies. Those that don't do well at it don't last. Those that are good at it are still there. That pretty much sums it up. The details aren't that important because simply put no matter what the voter likes or wants does not matter, you have handed power to a bulldozer.

Pubby has simply pointed out that people don't take issue with secrets, lies, and manipulation when it benefits them. Such as financial backing in the way of lawyers.

I am not sure why you think that I am lobbying with Pubby about anything political. I was addressing the debate going south and the insults flying.

When I first came to p.com I was so excited about the opportunity for businesses to use this affordable advertising. I saw so much potential to uniquely help the local economy. It was also a great opportunity to help fund raise for various charities. Not to mention real news instead of horrible rumors that hurt people in our community.

Pubby was the one interested in politics and did a lot to educate me about them. Many of the politicians were very supportive of my fund raisers.

Every single election I sent emails and called everyone that ran for office and offered them interviews. Some were very polite, some declined, some accepted and some were hostile towards me.

All I ever had to do was to call most anyone that held office and ask about issues. What exactly are you supposed to do when some won't talk to you? They leave you no choice but to tell it one sided.

I often took the blame when members said bad things about powerful people. Pubby's freedom of speech platform left me hanging in the wind.

My remarks were simply addressing the deterioration of p.com due to personal attacks and uncivilized debates on issues.

As far as local politics I am done. done, done. It's a nasty business that revolves around power that I never wanted.

I tried never to abuse it or anyone else. It is a environment of friends and enemies with nothing in between. There is no such thing as neutral in politics, if you think so you are a fool. I am not even on the sidelines of the game. Those that enjoy it can have it.

It is a shame that this resource for our community has been destroyed by vindictiveness towards people that don't agree with others view point.

So the platform that many used to address the local government is slowly being torn down. Good luck building something with this type of reach. FB will never allow the freedom that citizens had here to hide behind anonymity and address issues in their community. This has been a boon to many in office and the most interested in it handed it to them.

• nezzie and Rocky's Mom like this

El Zorro

#171 Glassdogs

Glassdogs

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:24 AM

The election night poll workers would be really happy.

If advertising and campaigning on P.com were the way to go, hell, they'd only have to count 92 or so votes.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

I guess you haven't been to Detroit recently?  Or, Newark or East St.Louis or Gary, IN, or Stockton, CA?

You know, those bastions of liberal Democrat government that have been so successful in attracting wealthy, educated leaders and businesspeople.  Progressive people,  who have uplifted the poorer of their brethren, so their city can be that bright example of how well Socialism works.

#172 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,631 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:26 PM

The election night poll workers would be really happy.

If advertising and campaigning on P.com were the way to go, hell, they'd only have to count 92 or so votes.

That is a lie. Wanna bet?  What is your proof????  I have mine.

pubby

#173 Glassdogs

Glassdogs

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:44 PM

That is a lie. Wanna bet?  What is your proof????  I have mine.

pubby

Wasn't your vote total an amazing 92 after all the campaigning on your own site?

Pretty hard to argue with that success.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

I guess you haven't been to Detroit recently?  Or, Newark or East St.Louis or Gary, IN, or Stockton, CA?

You know, those bastions of liberal Democrat government that have been so successful in attracting wealthy, educated leaders and businesspeople.  Progressive people,  who have uplifted the poorer of their brethren, so their city can be that bright example of how well Socialism works.

#174 Nice Green

Nice Green

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:51 PM

Wasn't your vote total an amazing 92 after all the campaigning on your own site?

Pretty hard to argue with that success.

Not to mention Pubby's repeated slamming of Bill Heath and Paulette Braddock. That led to the downfall of their reelection bids. Oh wait...

#175 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,631 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 01:41 PM

I've said it once and I'll say it again, those 92 people were the smartest people in Paulding County :)

I only wish the tens of thousands of others who visit were as smart ... and if they were, Paulette and Bill's public service would be at an end.

pubby

#176 Nice Green

Nice Green

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:10 AM

I only wish the tens of thousands of others who visit were as smart ... and if they were, Paulette and Bill's public service would be at an end.

This comment highlights several of your problems. One, you're insulting those who voted for those two candidates, and some of those people may be, or could be, your paying customers. Two, you have (currently and in the past) insulted/slammed two politicians when you should be an unbiased reporter, or at least should aim to be.

And three, you seemed to slam these candidates because they weren't buying ads on your site during the election season, while some of their opponents were. I don't know if your negative comments toward them were based on that fact, but they sure seemed to be.

I have an opinion on Heath and Braddock, and you're allowed to have one too, but those opinions have no place coming from the same persona that presents the news.

#177 mojo413

mojo413

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,812 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:36 AM

I nominate Pubby as a candidate for BOC Chairman.
  • Dana likes this
Republican since Reagan
TRUMP 2020!!!
John Hyden
770-366-1552

#178 pcfanatic

pcfanatic

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:27 AM

Everyone also needs to remember, the three insurgents voted to save all this taxpayer money over the objections of David  Austin and David Carmichael.  The two David's wanted to continue down their path and waste all this money at the airport.  And you are telling me that Carmichael is going to run for commission chairman in 2016. I hope the taxpayers remember this things.

• WHITEY and radiohead like this

#179 Glassdogs

Glassdogs

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:54 AM

I nominate Pubby as a candidate for BOC Chairman.

We'd have to equip the meeting room with cots.

'Cause everybody would be nodding off during all the verbiage spewing forth from the podium. 

• markdavd and radiohead like this

#180 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,631 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:56 AM

We'd have to equip the meeting room with cots.

'Cause everybody would be nodding off during all the verbiage spewing forth from the podium. 

Yeah, and they'd have to bring coolers too, waiting two weeks for a vote on a measure to happen would put you folks to sleep for sure :)

pubby

#181 Glassdogs

Glassdogs

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:10 AM

Yeah, and they'd have to bring coolers too, waiting two weeks for a vote on a measure to happen would put you folks to sleep for sure :)

pubby

Ya know?   I sorta agree with that idea.   Except two weeks isn't long enough.   Maybe two years?

We hear the pols say they are "doing the people's business".  

Maybe no new business for a couple of years would be a good idea.   Let the scabs form over what they have already done to the people. 

#182 rednekkhikkchikk

rednekkhikkchikk

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:21 AM

I know you were kidding, but I do have feelings and often a large ego.

I wasn't joking about what has happened to Cobb, or Smyrna.

I hate it, however, the people who live there apparently love it.

Whether you want things to remain as they are or whether you want things to get grow bigger, one thing is for certain, things will change.

I also wasn't joking about the Platinum Citizenship, now I don't have one for Paulding and I may not have one for Cobb, but I dang sure feel like I have one for Smyrna.

And when I am faced with the fact that the people who live there could care less; where my family lived here or there in Smyrna, or who was what in Smyrna, or who did what in Smyrna, or how far back we go in Smyrna (or don't go); it sometimes burns my butt.

Strangely enough, those people feel that because they live there now, pay taxes there now and vote there now, they get to count as much as I do. 

And they are absolutely correct.

Even though some of them paid perhaps as much as 200K more for a home than they should have because they think they live in Vinings or Smynings (whatever the heck that is), when if fact they live in Smyrna and their property has been in the city limits of Smyrna for 25-40 yrs before they even heard of Vinings, that doesn't mean that they don't have the same status as those who were there back when the Fouts service station was a two bay place at the corner of Hwy 41 and Love St and it was a short walk to the police station and around the corner to GB's place.

So I understand where Greatma is coming from and I also understand where the "new" people are coming from.

On one hand I want, and think I deserve, at least a special license plate, while on the other hand I think anyone who thinks they deserve a special license plate is way to full of themselves.

(perhaps I could just get a sticker)

I may be mistaken, but I believe based on other comments she has made, that she is saying she does not want the county taken in a backward direction.  She can, and I am sure will, correct me if I am wrong...and that is ok with me.  :)

"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion". - Sir Francis Bacon

"The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop". -P. J. O'Rourke

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced." ~Frank Zappa

"All persons ought to endeavor to follow what is right, and not what is established." -Aristotle

"No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him." -Thomas Jefferson

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority." -Noah Webster

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking". - AA Milne

#183 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:10 PM

I may be mistaken, but I believe based on other comments she has made, that she is saying she does not want the county taken in a backward direction.  She can, and I am sure will, correct me if I am wrong...and that is ok with me.  :)

I understand.

I was making the point that having family that goes back for X generations doesn't mean anything, we are all equal, whether our family was among the first families here or we just moved in last month.

I was also saying that while we are all equal, I understand the feeling of, "but we have been here forever and you just arrived".

(my quote)

In my case, I didn't want all the building in Smyrna, but the majority did.

In the case here in Paulding, it is somewhat the opposite.

My personal opinion, I don't have the history with Paulding that I did with Cobb and Smyrna, so the changes don't affect me the same way.

Change is the only constant, to think that Paulding will not grow like the other metro counties, with all the same problems and benefits, is to ignore the truth.

Cherokee County went through the same thing back in the 80's, you can like it, not like it, even try and stop it, but it will happen.

The only thing that we can do is try and make smart decisions as it happens.

When I moved to Cherokee county in the mid 80's, my next door neighbor said he was moving.

Why?

Too much growth.

Too much growth??

The closest, and only, grocery store was 10 miles away and there was no, I mean NO, decent places to eat.

But he was correct, look at Cherokee County now..

The neighbor?

He moved to N. GA within a year of telling me he was moving.

• lowrider likes this
"If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment."
"The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself."

#184 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,188 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:27 PM

Explain how pcom promotes and supports the community. I am extremely curious to hear. Please tell

He gives the community a forum ( or in some cases a soapbox )  to express their views and opinions for for one thing. A meeting place where the community can keep up with what's going, ask questions or reach out for help. If you don't believe pcom has any value to the community maybe you should ask surepip .     

• LPPT and Jane Ty like this

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pauldinggov

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics