7 replies to this topic

#1 J'smom

J'smom

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:31 AM

I know the school district updated their website over the summer and I'm not liking the change. Any idea when it will be fully ready so I can know what the homework is for my oldest? The old website had links to the teacher's classes and (most) had the weekly homework/test schedule listed, and this new one doesn't have that feature yet. I did sign up for Remind 101 but that only sends a text the night before a test, instead of reminding us on Monday that a test is Friday. Just wondering. Thanks!

#2 Greatma

Greatma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:41 AM

What grade is your son in?

#3 satellite

satellite

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:12 PM

Perhaps the functionality is not %100 (yet), however, I personally love the overhaul.  I felt like a blind dog in a meat-house trying to find stuff on the old site.

• mach4 and ohmygosh like this

Gangsta rap made me do it.

#4 J'smom

J'smom

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:07 PM

What grade is your son in?

8th grade. The old layout was so much easier to find his teacher and the weekly class assignments/tests, but I haven't even seen where that option is on the new one.

#5 icare

icare

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,507 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:59 PM

You should be able to go to the school website and find the teacher's website. You may need to give it another week or so.

#6 Just thinkin' hard

Just thinkin' hard

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:34 AM

Students can still be  moved around in classes until Friday.

With the district change also means that teacher's old websites were taken down.  There might be some time delay as they get those sites back up.  It's unfortunate, but there's only 24 hours in a day.

Posted Image

#7 tiggybff16

tiggybff16

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:19 AM

We're getting a lot of questions about the Parent Portal. I apologize for the lack of mass communication regarding this.

Parent Portal will be open on Monday, August 17th. Let me know if you have any problems with it after that date.

Thanks!
Suzanne Wooley
Director of Communications

#8 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:36 PM

So far I have gotten paper work on two of DS classes that apparently won't be using the school web pages, and email.

Truthfully I'm just happy if a teacher uses them period. Of course it doesn't do any good if they don't keep them updated. The reason that one of the teachers gave is that the school email doesn't always deliver the correspondence. Seems like that has been an issue for a long time, maybe that needs to addressed as well.

But, I do have a question for all the tech geeks. Could they have done all the work on the program, and not taken down the other working program? Then when the new program was fully ready make the switch?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics