Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
LPPT

Please pray for the Morrisons

If he is going to be there for at least another few days then we can start sending him cards! Can we get a hospital address posted? Better yet, maybe a home address so that we can send Melissa gift cards for groceries, or gift cards for grabbing a meal on the run between home and the hospital. :)

Edited by MsGaStorm
  • Like 3

If he is going to be there for at least another few days then we can start sending him cards! Can we get a hospital address posted? Better yet, maybe a home address so that we can send Melissa gift cards for groceries, or gift cards for grabbing a meal on the run between home and the hospital. :)

Sent you a PM with the address

• Like 1

Thank you for the address Lowrider! I am thinking of sending a get well card for Thad and a gift card for Melissa to help with meals while she is on the go. Maybe some others would like the address to send a card or small gift? It's likely that Thad will be recovering for some time so maybe get well cards, a favorite magazine, puzzle book or movie to watch would be appreciated for when he has healed enough to enjoy some little things?

• Like 1

Lousie, the Morrisons daughter, has asked for friends to visit Thad at Kennestone Hospital. The family believes seeing friends will help in his recovery.

I plan on going today. If anyone needs a ride to the hospital today just PM me. I will be happy to give anyone a lift.

• Like 3

Thank you for the address Lowrider! I am thinking of sending a get well card for Thad and a gift card for Melissa to help with meals while she is on the go. Maybe some others would like the address to send a card or small gift? It's likely that Thad will be recovering for some time so maybe get well cards, a favorite magazine, puzzle book or movie to watch would be appreciated for when he has healed enough to enjoy some little things?

In a conversation with Melissa, she said Thad loves his crosswords.

I posted this yesterday but it's at the bottom of page 2 so I'm re-posting.

• This is the latest from Louise's FB

If anyone could take some time out of their day, my dad is recovering quite nicely at Kennestone and would probably benefit from having visitors. He has been hospitalized almost 7 weeks and is experiencing "ICU Delirium" which is a common condition for people long term hospitalized. Having visitors would be a welcome distraction and a connection for him to the outside world, as use of electronics is still not feasible for him. He is in the Blue Tower room 353. Two people may visit him at a time, except 630-830 am and pm. Please pm me, or text mom or me for any details. We would be extremely thankful to anyone who could take time to visit him (during the day). This may even help speed his recovery. Thanks!

— with Melissa Morrison and 3 others.

• Like 1

He still has another surgery and probably 2 more weeks in the hospital. Recieving cards and gifts would be wonderful for both of them. Tuesday was 7 weeks in the hospital, this Tuesday will be 8 weeks, and I know Melissa must be exhausted. I don't see how she has done it but she's just as tough and strong as Thad is and she is his greatest cheerleader! :)

And if you do go visit, remember 6:30 - 8:30 is shift change and you won't get in.

• Like 1

Lousie, the Morrisons daughter, has asked for friends to visit Thad at Kennestone Hospital. The family believes seeing friends will help in his recovery.

I plan on going today. If anyone needs a ride to the hospital today just PM me. I will be happy to give anyone a lift.

Have you gone yet?

I am fixin' to leave. PM sent.

Did you have a nice visit? How is he? :)

I saw him earlier today (Sunday) and Thad was looking good, quite alert and really, really wanting to get up and out ... which was quite frustrating given he is still tied to all sorts of medical devices.

My understanding is that he's going to lose the trach tomorrow which will get him up so he can walk and be more mobile

I suspect that at that point he will get more in gear as he gets more mobile.

I know from discussions we had after his last hospitalization last year that when you are as close to edge as he has been, it is a deep experience that is challenging to the individual in ways that are fleeting and profound as can be.

It will still be weeks before he can return home but from what I saw today ... he's going to make it back in the game.

pubby

I saw him earlier today (Sunday) and Thad was looking good, quite alert and really, really wanting to get up and out ... which was quite frustrating given he is still tied to all sorts of medical devices.

My understanding is that he's going to lose the trach tomorrow which will get him up so he can walk and be more mobile

I suspect that at that point he will get more in gear as he gets more mobile.

I know from discussions we had after his last hospitalization last year that when you are as close to edge as he has been, it is a deep experience that is challenging to the individual in ways that are fleeting and profound as can be.

It will still be weeks before he can return home but from what I saw today ... he's going to make it back in the game.

pubby

Occasional I wish I could "Like" your post.

• Like 9

Did you have a nice visit? How is he? :)

Dana, I had a short vistit Saturday and a quite long talk with Melissa. Thad was in great spirits. LOL! I told him I started to bring he and Melissa a nice bottle of wine to celebrate his full recovery, Thad have me a devilish grin and two thumbs up. Then he wanted me to make a list of just what he wanted. All in due process. It was so nice to see him awake and alert. The last time I saw him he was in a very bad state. My love and prayers go to this beautiful couple. They are the example I follow in my marriage, such a great example for us all. God Bless them and keep them in his graces.

• Like 8

Thanks for the update pubby and crossroads. So glad to hear how well he's doing. Praise the lord!

• Like 1

I got a text I think yesterday and it was more of the same ... good news ...

I expect he is speaking now.

pubby

I got a text I think yesterday and it was more of the same ... good news ...

I expect he is speaking now.

pubby

Great!

Her ya go, Thad, take this if you can, :give_rose:

I spoke to Melissa yesterday. Thad is maintaining. He has a long way to go, Just keep up the prayers. :wub:

Great to hear, Low. Keepin' up the prayers, here!

• Like 1

Does anyone have an update on Surepip this morning?

Thad had a bit of a set back and is back on the respirator and feeding tube. Guess it's going to be one step forward two steps back until he heals.

Thanks for the update, keeping up the prayers.

• Like 2

Went to visit Thad amd Melissa today. Thad lauguhed at me as I entered the room. He was in good spirits. He was sitting up in a recliner and Melissa said he had walked, with much help, 100 feet. YIPPIE! That's a good start.

Talked to melissa, Thad had a setback involving his resperator, but that one has been resloved.

Melissa wanted me to express how much it means for her and Thad what everyones outpouring of love and care means to them. They are so appreciative, more than you know. If she could she would hug each and every one of you.

Please keep up the prayers, they are needed.

• Like 11

Melissa just texted me that they moved Thad to the long term acute care facility at Windy Hill last night.

They noted that he did have a busted rib from the actions they took reviving him I guess it was about two weeks ago. He will also have to return for surgery.

He still has some help breathing and has a feeding tube but as folks have noted, he is still alert and getting more so.

I'm going to try and get by there, possibly on Sunday.

pubby

I got the same text. I'm going to try to get by one day next week.

It's been 9 weeks now. I don't see how she's holding up, but I check on her and she's eating and getting some rest.

• Like 1

I stopped by today (Sunday) and visited for about an hour and a half. When I was arrived he was sitting up in a chair and had his voice piece in.

Thad was positively Thad (which is good) and seemed not just alert but sharp for someone who has been through what he's been. Melissa says she knows now that recovery is going to happen.

They've got him a laptop and while he's seen some 180 emails ... their titles wishing him well and a speedy recovery ... These messages have come from around the world but as he's just now getting out of the constant fog that comes with being in the hospital this long ... he's not had the energy to reply to any. He is greatful, though, for the thoughts.

Fact is one of the things he was complaining about was that the computer was not properly configured.

pubby

PS: Melissa said she'd been living off of Whitey's tomatoes ... She was thankful.

Thad had a bit of a set back and is back on the respirator and feeding tube. Guess it's going to be one step forward two steps back until he heals.

I read somewhere that and optimist calls "one step forward and two steps back" - the cha cha

I read somewhere that and optimist calls "one step forward and two steps back" - the cha cha

Come to think of it, I think I've heard that too. LOL. Don't think Thad will be doing the cha cha today but I understand he is better and is now at rehab. I've been really busy with family so I've been out of pocket a lot lately. Need to get over there and see both of them soon.