Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
LisaC

Supreme Court Affirms Right to Gay Marriage

Folks can grumble and cuss about Obama all day long, but these last few days have resulted in landmark court decisions which have strengthened his legacy. I could really care less about what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home. Bottom line....I don't see where the gay marriage decision really affects me one way or another.

Carry on.

• Like 7

It's about time, when it comes to getting married gay folks have had it way to good for way to long. They need to get in there and be made to suffer just like everybody else.

Be carefull what you ask for in life, 'cause you might get it and just let me say in advance to the folks celebrating right now.....I told ya so.

• Like 1

The only way gay marriage effects me is the fact that I know more about my friends, and family I like to be aware of the truth about things.

People who go around like these three monkeys, can keep on going around like that, but not me. hear-no-evil-see-no-evil-speak-no-evil-t

Per Sam Olens, Attorney General, State of Georgia

“Today the Supreme Court of the United States ruled the Constitution requires a state to license a marriage between two people of the same sex and to recognize a marriage between two people of the same sex when their marriage was lawfully licensed and performed out of state. It does not permit bans on same-sex marriage.

“In our system of government, the Supreme Court bears the ultimate responsibility for determining the constitutionality of our laws. Once the Supreme Court has ruled, its Order is the law of the land. As such, Georgia will follow the law and adhere to the ruling of the Court.”

Edited by Vote Democrat

For anyone who is thinking about starting a business of his own - Now might be a really good time to get into the wedding business! Except for tux rentals, of course - We've got that covered!

What a beautiful day! Love wins!!

Beautifully stated, my friend. I could not agree more!

• Like 2

And it will continute to turn long after we're gone.

I'm only gay, low, when I think of you, and my other P.com friends.

adjective

1. joyous and lively; merry; happy; lighthearted
  2. bright; brilliant: gay colors
  3. given to social life and pleasures: a gay life

I'm only gay, low, when I think of you, and my other P.com friends.

adjective

1. joyous and lively; merry; happy; lighthearted
  2. bright; brilliant: gay colors
  3. given to social life and pleasures: a gay life

You so crazy :rofl:

• Like 1

You know what I'm seeing all over FB today? People are pissing and moaning because they're "losing their flag" but "these" people can get married.

What does one have to do with the other?

Nobody is "losing" their flag and now everyone has equal rights under the law.

Really?

• Like 5

You know what I'm seeing all over FB today? People are pissing and moaning because they're "losing their flag" but "these" people can get married.

Really?

It's obviously a National Tragedy.

Really?

I find it's usually the same Facebook friends who suddenly lose all rationale when controversy erupts. Some people don't realize that you can disagree with something without becoming full on crazy.

Anyhoo, I'm not letting any naysayers or doomsdayers get me down today. It's celebration time!

• Like 6

I am so happy to see this today! My son and his partner of 8 years are having a huge wedding on September 12th of this year and it will now be legal!

Long story short:

My husband and I have 3 children, two are straight, one is gay. Two of our three children are identical twins (one of which is gay). We love all them of them unequivocally. We raised them in the same manner, loved them equally, and supported them equally. I personally have no idea why some people are gay and others are not, nor do I care. What I care about is my children being happy, well adjusted, responsible, loving, caring human beings and thankfully, they are.

You know, I realize that there are all kinds of studies going on (especially with identical twins) in determining what makes some people gay and what makes others straight. The fact of the matter (for me personally), is I don't care what these studies reveal. Being straight or gay has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not I love, respect and accept someone. In my opinion, respect, love, trust are all earned based on everyday actions in life and sexual preference has nothing to do with it.

What I do find comical is those who think that homosexuality is the ultimate sin. I am a Christian and from what I take from the Bible, all sins (if you consider homosexuality a sin), are equal. So, what about sins such as "not keeping the Sabbath Holy, not honoring your Parents, loving your neighbor as yourself, idolatry, adultery,blasphemy, murder, theft, dishonesty, coveting, etc.? Do most people on the face of the earth not commit at least one of these sins at one time or another? What about something as ordinary as gluttony? That is considered a sin also. How many people do you know that are gluttonous (and you can be obviously gluttonous in several different ways).

So, if we are to be "shunned from society" and excluded from basic rights because we are deemed to be "living in sin", well..........that pretty much includes all of us so we would all be in trouble. :)

One of the things I have learned from being the parent of a gay child, there are lots of human beings out there that know they are gay but don't have the courage to "come out" due to the fear of losing the love of their parents, siblings, friends, etc. They live their lives in a pattern that was not designed for them personally, therefore, they are living a lie. I can't even imagine the horror of living my life like that.

• Like 10

Whether you agree, disagree or don't care, this proves family law reform can happen. We all know lawyers made gay marriage a reality so they can handle same-sex divorce cases. More money passes through family court than all other courts combined. It won't be long before our gay friends find out how corrupt family court is and we'll have that much more muscle to fight for reform.

Nate Silver : On this date 4 years ago, only 5% of Americans lived in a state with same-sex marriage. Today? 100%.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/same-sex-marriage-from-0-to-100-percent-in-one-chart/

silver-datalab-marriage-equality6-262.pn

I am so happy to see this today! My son and his partner of 8 years are having a huge wedding on September 12th of this year and it will now be legal!

Long story short:

My husband and I have 3 children, two are straight, one is gay. Two of our three children are identical twins (one of which is gay). We love all them of them unequivocally. We raised them in the same manner, loved them equally, and supported them equally. I personally have no idea why some people are gay and others are not, nor do I care. What I care about is my children being happy, well adjusted, responsible, loving, caring human beings and thankfully, they are.

You know, I realize that there are all kinds of studies going on (especially with identical twins) in determining what makes some people gay and what makes others straight. The fact of the matter (for me personally), is I don't care what these studies reveal. Being straight or gay has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not I love, respect and accept someone. In my opinion, respect, love, trust are all earned based on everyday actions in life and sexual preference has nothing to do with it.

What I do find comical is those who think that homosexuality is the ultimate sin. I am a Christian and from what I take from the Bible, all sins (if you consider homosexuality a sin), are equal. So, what about sins such as "not keeping the Sabbath Holy, not honoring your Parents, idolatry, adultery,blasphemy, murder, theft, dishonesty, coveting, etc.? Do most people on the face of the earth not commit at least one of these sins at one time or another? What about something as ordinary as gluttony? That is considered a sin also. How many people do you know that are gluttonous (and you can be obviously gluttonous in several different ways).

So, if we are to be "shunned from society" and excluded from basic rights because we are deemed to be "living in sin", well..........that pretty much includes all of us so we would all be in trouble. :)

One of the things I have learned from being the parent of a gay child, there are lots of human beings out there that know they are gay but don't have the courage to "come out" due to the fear of losing the love of their parents, siblings, friends, etc. They live their lives in a pattern that was not designed for them personally, therefore, they are living a lie. I can't even imagine the horror of living my life like that.

Preach it sista! Everyone of us has someone in their family who is gay, admit it or not, whether they are "out" or not. Everyone of us has some sort of log (sin) in their eye.

Your son is so lucky to have such wonderful, accepting parents.

Myself, I couldn't imagine dis-owning one of my children for anything!!

And congratulations on the upcoming wedding. :give_rose:

• Like 1

Myself, I couldn't imagine dis-owning one of my children for anything!!

Amen. That is the definition of unconditional love.

• Like 1

"When all Americans are treated as equal, no matter who they are or whom they love, we are all more free."

Barack Obama

Edited by CitizenCain
  • Like 2

Now we need to ensure polygamy is legal too. Yes, I am being serious.

Sounds like a good idea. If multiple women want to marry one man then why shouldn't they be able to?

Agreed.

I wouldn't have a problem with it but if they are going to live next door to me their has to be a limit on how many kids they have...and dogs...and cats.

• Like 1

I wouldn't have a problem with it but if they are going to live next door to me their has to be a limit on how many kids they have...and dogs...and cats.

Why? Who are you to limit their rights?

Long story short:

What I do find comical is those who think that homosexuality is the ultimate sin. I am a Christian and from what I take from the Bible, all sins (if you consider homosexuality a sin), are equal. So, what about sins such as "not keeping the Sabbath Holy, not honoring your Parents, loving your neighbor as yourself, idolatry, adultery,blasphemy, murder, theft, dishonesty, coveting, etc.? Do most people on the face of the earth not commit at least one of these sins at one time or another? What about something as ordinary as gluttony? That is considered a sin also. How many people do you know that are gluttonous (and you can be obviously gluttonous in several different ways).

Long story short:

Yep! My goodness, how stupid can people be? If this Supreme Court decision pisses you off, why? Because people can love each other and now have equal rights? How in the heck does that threaten anyone?

• Like 1

Yep! My goodness, how stupid can people be? If this Supreme Court decision pisses you off, why? Because people can love each other and now have equal rights? How in the heck does that threaten anyone?

Divorce is pretty common place these days and most people don't bat an eye when it happens. Yet some people are saying America needs God now more than ever because people want to love each other forever. It makes no sense.

• Like 1

It doesn't. People are freaked out by gay people having sex, but in reality, how much time do people really spend time having sex. Most married couples are too busy keeping a roof over their heads and paying their bills. Other than sleeping with a person of the same sex, there really is no difference.

It doesn't. People are freaked out by gay people having sex, but in reality, how much time do people really spend time having sex. Most married couples are too busy keeping a roof over their heads and paying their bills. Other than sleeping with a person of the same sex, there really is no difference.

That's a pretty big difference.

Long story short:

I saw a few remarks, mostly from those that often quote scripture or do memes about if you love Jesus share this.

It just drove home to me how many people would love to have Christianity made into a national religion and to make our laws accordingly.

I was happy to see they were a minority.

Their disagreement with the ruling was based 100% on the bible verses claiming it to be a sin.

They believe that slippery slope will take them straight to the gates of heaven.

Too bad it won't get them 7 virgins too :rofl:

• Like 1