Paulding.com

Fatal accident at store at 92 and East Paulding

Did not go thru store, went thru woods on the side of the store. Putting white clothes up everywhere and that usually happens when it is fatal.

I was at the light at 92 and 120 this afternoon about 2:28pm when 3 paulding county heading east came up and turned that direction (north) onto 92, one was hauling so fast he didn't make the turn onto 92. As in he slid through the intersection missing the turn, so went down did a U turn on 120. He came back flying (headed west) to catch up and nearly clipped a stopped vehicle at the light, and about caused another huge wreck involving a tractor trailer truck at the intersection. It was zeusn close

I was at the light at 92 and 120 this afternoon about 2:28pm when 3 paulding county heading east came up and turned that direction (north) onto 92, one was hauling so fast he didn't make the turn onto 92. As in he slid through the intersection missing the turn, so went down did a U turn on 120. He came back flying (headed west) to catch up and nearly clipped a stopped vehicle at the light, and about caused another huge wreck involving a tractor trailer truck at the intersection. It was zeusn close

About 2:28pm? Can you be more specific? :p

• Like 1

Were two teenagers killed in this wreck? I saw on anothrr site that a teen male and female from Paulding died either last night or early this morning.

I heard there was an accident on 61, between PCHS and Mustang drive, last night, that was pretty bad -- serious injuries. It seems like I heard there as a fatality, but I'm not sure on that...

Your right Millcreek, I just was told this. My husbands co-worker knew the teens. Sad two young lifes lost. Im not sure who was in the other vehicle and I was told it was a head on wreck. Prayers for everyone involved.

I heard there was an accident on 61, between PCHS and Mustang drive, last night, that was pretty bad -- serious injuries. It seems like I heard there as a fatality, but I'm not sure on that...

Two fatalities but do not know names. What I heard was two friends of the PCHS football team members. Pastor was called in this morning to speak to team.

Edited by MissSophie

They were boyfriend and girlfriend. She had just graduated. My grandson knew both of them. I'm trying to get some info on FB.

This was the NIXLE I got last night. The sad thing is Jordan called me because he was going to Taco Bell and traffic was still shut down. He didn't know at the time that it was friends of his. He found out this morning.

PAULDING 911: AVOID Hwy 61 at Old Villa Rica Rd for the next hour due to traffic incident. Hwy 61 closed. www.nixle.us/8PB4T

The young man was one of our players. I know his name is all over FB right now. He is the older brother of one of the 10th graders (going to 10th.) We are all very sad, and heartbroken about this. I have seen the young lady's name but I don't remember it right now.

Can you confirm that it was in fact a fatality accident?

No fatality at the scene. Elderly couple was in the car at 92 and E. Paulding. My husband was on scene as it happened and called 911.

Look at how long and how many wrecks it took to get a light there at the high school.

From my road on Paul Aiken turning left onto 61 is dangerous, especially during heavy traffic.

My grandson actually goes out the back way to Scoggins to the light at McDonalds and 61. I'm really glad he does that. He drives a 6 speed now and there's no room for error!

Well they got Nick's age wrong. He turned 18 yesterday.

I have always hated that intersection.

They did get his age correct. I thought my friend said he turned 18.

This is the account from the eye witness (gone you posted on her FB status on Wed.) Just so we know that the "news" isn't always correct.

On Wednesday as I was driving home from a trail run in Cartersville I traveled on highway 61 south. As I passed through the intersection at 278-61 at the gas station on the right there, I ended up behind two vehicles that at first I thought were just punk teens driving badly. One was a black mustang and one was what I discovered was a camry. The camry was dangerously tailing the mustang and the mustang was speeding up and slamming on brakes while the camry aggressively tailed the mustang. All the while both cars picked up speed very quickly. The camry then attempted to pass on double yellow lines and the mustang sped up very quickly to stop her from passing so both lanes were taken up as they raced along. At that point, another small sedan was turning left out of a side road and that moment the camry had attempted to jerk over in front of the mustang and smashed into the turning vehicle. Both the camry and mustang were going at exceptional speeds. I was attempting to call 911 on them racing and road raging but was too late. As a result of the Camry and Mustang's road rage, two people died. I was literally right behind them. No matter what 'news story' you read on this accident, this is the truth of what happened. I felt it necessary to post this because NO news outlet has gotten it right. It was a horrific thing but the fact they are blaming the deceased people makes me furious. Oh, and 911 never did answer when I was able to call. Very reassuring. ETA: The mustang was completely undamaged. The camry was totaled but the driver came away with a busted ankle. The other sedan had the fatalities.Also, the camry driver just kept sobbing how it was all her fault, she did it, it was her fault. I agree.
  • Like 1

Thank you for the outpouring love shown for Nick and Janeal from the Patriot Nation, their families are going to need our support for the weeks and months to come.

We have set up a meal train to help feed the families, please follow the links below and help if you can

Family of Nick
https://mealtrain.com/74w888

• Like 3

Thank you again for posting.

Also:

My grandson said there will be a memorial tomorrow at PCHS at 7:00. He's going to take a bunch of orange balloons, that was her favorite color.

FOX5 also said there would be a memorial at the high school but they didn't give a time. Jordan said its all over Instagram at 7:00.

• Like 1