• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lucky1228

lucky1228

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:47 AM

This has been on the district website for almost 4 months now. Anyone know what they are "updating" that takes that long?

#2 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:57 AM

Probably making some really important decision like the one they made several years ago sending kids in our neighborhood to a completely different middle school than everybody around us only to go back to the area high school where they wouldn't know people all over again. Oh, and virtually every parent school choiced their kids back to the original area middle school.
  • mach4 and Dana like this

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

William Shakespeare, Sonnet 116

#3 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,240 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:23 PM

I know I don't understand the districting out here.  I'm at Hwy. 61 and Paul Aiken.

I have two elementary schools 2 miles from my home.  But our side sends our kids to Poole elementary, 10 miles from here.

Jordan went to South Paulding for middle school.  His friends went to SPHS while he had to go to Paulding County High. 

And yes, I school choiced the 5 year old to Nebo, and school choiced Jordan to SPHS, I only wish I could have done it for all 4 years.  Paulding County HS needs some desperate changes.

I understand the line has to be drawn somewhere, but Buchannan Hwy would have been a better choice than Hwy. 61.  I just don't get it.

#4 Rose Luxemburg

Rose Luxemburg

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:11 PM

Well I imagine shortly after school starts they will make the announcement concerning redistricting, ugh.  My guess is that redistricting affects those on the north side.

#5 Veritas

Veritas

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:08 PM

School zoning changes from year-to-year, and is dependent on the ever-changing population distributions that new and old subdivisions and other changes bring. Buses routes are a big factor in this, as are the capacities of various school buildings, as are school choice and the availability of special programs. One new subdivision can upset the balance of a school, as can a series of foreclosures. Paulding is not alone in this, as school districts everywhere in the country regularly face the same complaint, and boundary lines are rarely neat and straight. Someone always lives near the edge of a zone, where they are closer to one school, but end up being zoned for another. That's the nature of the beast, and the more schools a district has, the more true that becomes.

#6 PCHSmom

PCHSmom

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:31 PM

Where is it posted on the district site?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics