1 reply to this topic

#1 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,983 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:50 PM

I've got a 25 YO John Deere 175 Hydro mower that I'm planning on getting rid of and wanted to see if anyone would like it for parts since the engine runs with the price of John Deere parts now a days. 

The Engine is an 14 horse Kawasaki FC420v, engine runs great, starter is flaky, will go "click" when you attempt to start for several times, then finally start spinning the engine quickly and it starts.   Best I can figure its bad contacts on the solenoid (thought it's been doing this for years) or the brushes in the starter are cracked.   Putting the car jumper on it set to 50A tends to make it start pretty quick.  Transmission seems to be good shape. (Automatic)

The reason(s) I decided to replace it rather than fix it is the starter issues, the steering rod connector failed, the mower deck supports have broken, the parking break jams, the safety switches are all frozen shut, the battery is bad and the grass catcher is worn out.  :shok:    I just couldn't see putting $900+ into a 25 year old mower to make it safe and useful again. 

You gotta take the whole thing if you want it. Picture of engine and mower below. 

Two of the tires are in good shape, one in so so shape and one is pretty wore out.  I've kept the mower spindles greased, but the rest of the deck is pretty wore out.  New drive belt put on about 2 years ago.

First PM to me that picks it up gets it. It's going to the dump by Saturday if not picked up.    Thanks for looking.

DSC08698.JPG DSC08699.JPG

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#2 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,983 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:16 PM

Gone!    Hope it works out RH!

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics