Paulding.com

Paulding County attorney faces cruelty to animal charges

All states I believe have made animal cruelty a felony. If this is indeed correct, why did he get a misdemeanor and only 1 charge at that? He had a problem with 1 or 2 dogs getting out in his.farm and I heard 1 of them.attacked another dog. So he wanted to re home them sunday. So he choose to put them in the trailer saturday evening and didn't come back until 1pm sunday. It was a horrific scence. My husband and another neighbor tried to help and husband told him to call for help..he chose not to..so I did. Why he could have opened the windows in his empty house and put them inside is baffling to me.

His farm needs to be investigated. It may sound crazy but our pets comfort is a priority for us. If it has been more than 6 hours since we have seen one of our 4 cats we get stressed out. This is just plain neglect pure and simple. He was doing something else the entire time these animals suffered. What could have been so important for 19 hours? Was he sitting in house with the AC thinking I might need to go check on them.

I wonder how we can make sure the welfare of the animals on the farm is checked?

• Like 1

I don't know who broke the story, but I heard the story on FOX5.

Get them to investigate.

I'm sure they would be happy to come back to Paulding and see if the names of the people whose background was checked, has ever been released.

• Like 1

Has this judge ever decided like this before? Perhaps he's too new for us to know. I just wondered if anybody employed outside the "system" has ever been given this break.

Sorry to the cops that tried to nail him. That must be frustrating. Nail the guy, witness all of it, do the right thing, and the judge slaps him on the wrist.

I am not sure but this is a clip I read off facebook pertaining to it I am assuming and that is all that the contact email of the judge is the one that made the call?.....

For everyone who has been as upset as I was over the issue with the dead dogs in Paulding, here are my suggestions. First, contact aungelique.proctor@fox5tv.com. First and foremost, the story was misleading. The detective asked for 9 counts of animal cruelty. It was the JUDGE that only charged him for 1 count. Therefore, that's the only charge they could enter. And making the police look bad in the process. Secondly, we need to let our elected judges know how we feel about this. The contact there is jvalbuena@paulding.gov.

• Like 3

I am not sure but this is a clip I read off facebook pertaining to it I am assuming and that is all that the contact email of the judge is the one that made the call?.....

For everyone who has been as upset as I was over the issue with the dead dogs in Paulding, here are my suggestions. First, contact aungelique.proctor@fox5tv.com. First and foremost, the story was misleading. The detective asked for 9 counts of animal cruelty. It was the JUDGE that only charged him for 1 count. Therefore, that's the only charge they could enter. And making the police look bad in the process. Secondly, we need to let our elected judges know how we feel about this. The contact there is jvalbuena@paulding.gov.

So, is there a connection to this man and Valbuena? Many people would like to know why one but not 9 counts? I think Channel 5 needs to come back out her. Maybe they can get some answers... Just another instance of Paulding looking bad.. or just normal I guess

I just sent my email to Fox5.....have you? Anyone?

I am not sure but this is a clip I read off facebook pertaining to it I am assuming and that is all that the contact email of the judge is the one that made the call?.....For everyone who has been as upset as I was over the issue with the dead dogs in Paulding, here are my suggestions. First, contact aungelique.proctor@fox5tv.com. First and foremost, the story was misleading. The detective asked for 9 counts of animal cruelty. It was the JUDGE that only charged him for 1 count. Therefore, that's the only charge they could enter. And making the police look bad in the process. Secondly, we need to let our elected judges know how we feel about this. The contact there is jvalbuena@paulding.gov.

Thanks for the info.

So, is there a connection to this man and Valbuena? Many people would like to know why one but not 9 counts? I think Channel 5 needs to come back out her. Maybe they can get some answers... Just another instance of Paulding looking bad.. or just normal I guess

I am not sure if it was the judge on the email.....he is the chief magistrate judge and would make sense to write to him concerning the call one of the 3 made.

So the question in my mind is, How many cats and dogs can I stuff in a trailer and kill due to heat and it just count as ONE count of cruelty? 20, 50 100, 200? Or is that number dependent upon who I am?

I think people in GA would really like to know how justice is served up here in Paulding County!!!

Edited by Rose Luxemburg

My priority is right now is having welfare checks on every animal in his possession.

I read elsewhere that he has given 3 of his pups to a rescue and kept a male great Pyrenees.

• Like 1

All I can say of this new judge is that we need to keep this mind come next election!! I think Paulding citizens deserve to know why only one count? Has anyone bothered to look and see if this attorney contributed to his campaign?

Edited to add: I reviewed Valbuena's campaign contributors and did not see where Mr. Bowers contributed to his campaign.

Edited by Rose Luxemburg

I don't know why it is only one count as a misdemeanor instead of 9, but it wasn't felony animal cruelty because there was no malicious intent. In other words, he wasn't intentionally trying to harm or kill them, just very poor judgement on his part. As an example, a person leaves a child in a car to just run into the store for a moment, but it takes longer than expected and the child gets overheated. No malicious intent, just stupid. Versus the guy who allegedly intentionally left the little boy in the car to die. The act was

Intentional so it makes the act malicious.

I don't know why it is only one count as a misdemeanor instead of 9, but it wasn't felony animal cruelty because there was no malicious intent. In other words, he wasn't intentionally trying to harm or kill them, just very poor judgement on his part. As an example, a person leaves a child in a car to just run into the store for a moment, but it takes longer than expected and the child gets overheated. No malicious intent, just stupid. Versus the guy who allegedly intentionally left the little boy in the car to die. The act was

Intentional so it makes the act malicious.

I do hope that some logical explanation for the one count comes out. Right now it looks like one attorney helping another attorney,

I am pretty sure that Magistrate Judge Lisa Baty dropped it down to one charge when the sheriff's office asked for 9 counts. The DA will have the case in 2-6 weeks. They, along with sheriff's office, are overwhelmed with calls from all around the US. Our voices are being heard and I would believe that the charges will upgraded.

• Like 3

I am pretty sure that Magistrate Judge Lisa Baty dropped it down to one charge when the sheriff's office asked for 9 counts. The DA will have the case in 2-6 weeks. They, along with sheriff's office, are overwhelmed with calls from all around the US. Our voices are being heard and I would believe that the charges will upgraded.

We need to keep the calls coming in!!!!

Also please consider making a donation to the Great Pyrennes Rescue of Atlanta that the puppies were surrendered to..

http://www.greatpyratlanta.com/

• 1 year later...