• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,238 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:14 AM

My story is as important as those that have gone years without diagnosis and suffering under debilitating, multiple, health issues.

The word is finally getting out now that famous people have had the disease.
I have tried hard to spread the word here in my home town as much as possible.

Many don't know this but I could have gotten the proper testing and treatment from day one. I did not, which caused a relapse. I suffered many of the symptoms that long term infected people do.

All I had to do was to lie and say I had been anywhere but Georgia. Because of the belief it is not here my classic symptoms down to the bullseye rash were ignored.
Why did I refuse to lie? Because lying would have allowed 1000's of others in the state to be denied testing and treatment. We still have 1000's here being denied!!

I eventually recovered, I have some lasting residual damage to my nervous system. I contracted the disease again last year. I went in as soon as I was sure. I still did not get the treatment needed as protocol said 2 weeks only of doxy would cure me. I expected that, saw another doctor and finally recovered.

Why is my good luck story as important as the horrible condition many patients are in?
Because it is not luck!!!

I was fortunate enough to live in a state that required reporting of health officials that treated patients with Lyme disease. The doctors received education and most importantly the public did.

I can not force mandatory reporting or educating doctors in this state.
What I can do is educate all those in my circle and beg them to share and beg others to share.
Because I have been outspoken I get multiple messages and calls from people that think they have it and can't even get a test, sometimes even with a tick and a bullseye rash.

What is the difference between an educated public and uneducated? In the northeast I would have been tested immediately and placed on antibiotics.
I would have never gotten as sick as I did.

For now my family protects itself when possible by bagging and tagging and freezing the tick.
Why? because the blood test are unreliable, the doctors are uneducated, but you can not deny the bacteria in a tick under the microscope.

I am including a link with additional info. If you suspect you have the disease you can print pages to take to your doctor. If I could I would print the info and place it in the hands of every doctor in this state to stop the needless suffering.

Please take a few minutes to educate yourself on the symptoms. Many never see the tick because it is a nymph the size of a head of a pin. Only about 30% have the rash. The first symptom for many is horrible fatigue. As we share our stories in the forums we are also discovering that many people have different body parts effected first.

Any injury or weak organ is sometimes effected first. Injuries that won't heal or organs that don't respond to treatment such as your respiratory system.

If you could read day after day the suffering I see on the forums you would be horrified at how sick many are after years of denied testing and treatment here in Georgia!

Information

http://georgialymedi...n_the_southeast

• Brian, Dana and OSU like this

El Zorro

As far as releasing my name here, it's not going to happen.  There have been people here who found someone's given name and then found where they worked and made things difficult for them - all because they didn't like them here because of their political opinions.

#2 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:18 AM

A dear friend of mine started showing dreadful symptoms after a day of yard work and went to the ER the following day.  The ER doctor suspected Lyme disease right away and tested for it...gave him medicine and he got well almost immediately.  I'm sorry your experience was not the same.  It's a real disease.  I can't think why anybody would think it's not here...we got ticks, and they got Lyme disease.

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

William Shakespeare, Sonnet 116

#3 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,238 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

A dear friend of mine started showing dreadful symptoms after a day of yard work and went to the ER the following day.  The ER doctor suspected Lyme disease right away and tested for it...gave him medicine and he got well almost immediately.  I'm sorry your experience was not the same.  It's a real disease.  I can't think why anybody would think it's not here...we got ticks, and they got Lyme disease.

Believe it or not so much has changed since I went through my ordeal a few years ago. The Georgia Lyme disease association pays for education through donations. It has made a huge difference. Still there are people being denied the test. I would make it illegal for a doctor to deny a test when requested by a patient !!!

El Zorro

As far as releasing my name here, it's not going to happen.  There have been people here who found someone's given name and then found where they worked and made things difficult for them - all because they didn't like them here because of their political opinions.

#4 TJB

TJB

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:03 AM

The pop singer Avril Lavigne, recently talked about getting Lyme Disease; she said she felt like she was dying. This isn't something to screw around with,

#5 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,238 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:12 AM

The pop singer Avril Lavigne, recently talked about getting Lyme Disease; she said she felt like she was dying. This isn't something to screw around with,

Not at all. I was bedridden, on the second day my husband said you need to go back to the doctor. I said to him I would rather die than get up and take a step. Of course I got picked up carried to the doctor. My husband advocated for the western blot. When you have it in your brain you can't think or reason. It is ashamed that some are diagnosed with mental illness and get placed on anti depression medicine.

• TJB likes this

El Zorro

#6 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,940 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:24 AM

I'm watching The Doctors, as I speak. There is a commercial on right now, so I'll type a little.  

Denial is not only a patient condition, but even the Doctor can deny certain conditions may exist. Mature subject matter should not be denied, in adult decision making. 

Fear mongering causes people to make decisions against what may be appropriate, a lot of the time. Marketers will sell you things based on their bottom line, rather than on your health. But, we must all understand that our health is the most important thing to us.

Your husband carried you to the hospital, and for good reason, LPPT! I love that man.   

Edited by The Postman, 10 April 2015 - 09:24 AM.

• LPPT likes this
"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lyme disease, Georgia, paulding county, information education

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics