Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
AustinPlantation

Stay away from the Ridge Rd K Supermarket for the next couple of days

They're moving everything to different aisles as they reorganize. Hardly anything is where it was. They expected to finish today, but I doubt it. When you do go, you'll have fun guessing where everything is!!!

• Like 2

Ah, but why?

It is a selling point? Make you go down every isle looking for something and pick up something along the way?

Walmart is always moving their stuff.

• Like 1

I was in there last night.

As an old grocery man myself, I have been through my share of resets, but dang, who is in charge of this one?

The Three Stooges?

I was needing some dried fruit, they had moved it.

I looked everywhere it made sense for dried fruit to be, nothing.

I asked an employee, "Where did they move the dried fruit?"

Employee: "What kind of dried fruit?"

Me: "The kind that was normal fruit, but went though the drying out process." Pointing to the regular fruit. "Like that, only dried and in boxes and packages."

Employee: "Ohhh, that kind of dried fruit."

Not making fun of the employee, we both laughed after he said that. It was a question out of the blue and caught him off guard, it was funny to us both.

I finally found the dried fruit......next to the grits.

Why in the world is dried fruit next to grits?

No one puts dried fruit in grits!

Not one time in my life have I been with someone who asked for grits with dried fruit in it nor have I had I ever heard anyone say, "You know what I love, grits with dried fruit in them."

Why is the dried fruit next to the grits!

Who drew up this plan-a-gram?

• Like 1

Isn't there a fee for shelf location of the products?

ETA Nevermind, CC posted the answer.

Planogram? That's a new one on me.

Isn't there a fee for shelf location of the products?

I don't know how it works today, but back in the olden days, some companies did pay fees to get "X" amount of shelf space, but normally they paid to get end cap spaces.

That is why you always see Coke, Pepsi and Little Debbie on end caps.

I have set many a grocery store and quite a few drug stores and I saw more fees paid for shelf space in the drug store business than in the grocery store business.

For example, Johnson & Johnson paid to get 8' to 12' vertical for their Band Aid products.

I was in last week and they had to dig through a bin for my toothpaste. LOL. That's ok. I sometimes do not understand the rhyme or reason of where products are place there. Hope this is an improvement.

Yes some big companies like Coke, Pepsi, Protor & Gamble, etc, pay for shelf space and end cap space.

Other times Kroger may negotiate a really big buy and a really great price with a company and they will distribute products out to all their stores for pallet displays. For example when you see big pallet displays of Kureg 2.0 at the holidays or end caps of some laundry detergent two for five dollars. Those are times when Kroger has made a really good buy on the Item and has pass the savings onto the consumer, however Kroger is also making an increase profit on that item.

Also while you're getting great savings, coupons, and fuel points from your Kroger plus card, Kroger is also collecting that data and every Kroger store has a segmentation based on what the shoppers in that store are buying. A good example is when they did the reset at the Kroger on 278 /61.

That store obviously had a higher percentage of customers that were buying baby products as well as dairy products. That store segmented as a "family" store. So Kroger expanded those sections at that store.

Where as a store in the city may have a higher percentage of customers that are buying high-end products such as expensive wines, cheeses, and the city dwellers tend to have more cats then dogs when living in apartments, so Kroger will expand the sections at those stores accordingly.

It's very much based off data collected from Kroger plus card usage. It's really a win-win for the customer and the company. We as consumers get a higher selection of the products we are buying at a certain stores and Kroger is able to sell more product to the consumer's in a particular area. Make sense?

So yes plan-o-grams are created to fit certain store segmentation whether it's a family store, a store that segments as high-end, and yes even some stores segment as "value "stores where they were will focus on cost-effective items for the customer.

• Like 1

Yes some big companies like Coke, Pepsi, Protor & Gamble, etc, pay for shelf space and end cap space.

Other times Kroger may negotiate a really big buy and a really great price with a company and they will distribute products out to all their stores for pallet displays. For example when you see big pallet displays of Kureg 2.0 at the holidays or end caps of some laundry detergent two for five dollars. Those are times when Kroger has made a really good buy on the Item and has pass the savings onto the consumer, however Kroger is also making an increase profit on that item.

Also while you're getting great savings, coupons, and fuel points from your Kroger plus card, Kroger is also collecting that data and every Kroger store has a segmentation based on what the shoppers in that store are buying. A good example is when they did the reset at the Kroger on 278 /61.

That store obviously had a higher percentage of customers that were buying baby products as well as dairy products. That store segmented as a "family" store. So Kroger expanded those sections at that store.

Where as a store in the city may have a higher percentage of customers that are buying high-end products such as expensive wines, cheeses, and the city dwellers tend to have more cats then dogs when living in apartments, so Kroger will expand the sections at those stores accordingly.

It's very much based off data collected from Kroger plus card usage. It's really a win-win for the customer and the company. We as consumers get a higher selection of the products we are buying at a certain stores and Kroger is able to sell more product to the consumer's in a particular area. Make sense?

So yes plan-o-grams are created to fit certain store segmentation whether it's a family store, a store that segments as high-end, and yes even some stores segment as "value "stores where they were will focus on cost-effective items for the customer.

Very well put.

But why is the dried fruit next to the grits?

:)

Very well put.

But why is the dried fruit next to the grits?

:)

:lol:

That one I can't help you with! Seems to me they should be by canned fruit.

Want me to call Bruce for ya? :lol:

:lol:

That one I can't help you with! Seems to me they should be by canned fruit.

Want me to call Bruce for ya? :lol:

See, you know where the dried fruit should go.

Actually, next to the produce department would be best.

I figure some guy with a college degree and no experience in the grocery business drew up the plans.

The crossroads Kroger has a mini Babies R' Us. Not literally, but they are well stocked with baby items. from nursing to potty training they've got you covered. Lots of toys too, which is why I stop there before I pick up my son from preschool instead of after. Does that mean its a family store?

Honestly, the best part about shopping at Kroger is Kroger radio. Every time I'm in there a John Denver song comes on. Today I heard a song I haven't heard in years! Atlanta radio could learn a thing or two.

The crossroads Kroger has a mini Babies R' Us. Not literally, but they are well stocked with baby items. from nursing to potty training they've got you covered. Lots of toys too, which is why I stop there before I pick up my son from preschool instead of after. Does that mean its a family store?

Honestly, the best part about shopping at Kroger is Kroger radio. Every time I'm in there a John Denver song comes on. Today I heard a song I haven't heard in years! Atlanta radio could learn a thing or two.

Yes. Apparently that's how the segment based off plus card info.

Not a fan of Kroger, the prices are too high, the aisles too narrow and that pretty boy prick of a President gets on my nerves.

I have to tell you, Bruce is one of the nicest, most charismatic, and genuine people you will meet.

He has a job, and does it well, but puts his pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us.

Edited by Blondiega1

Not a fan of Kroger, the prices are too high, the aisles too narrow and that pretty boy prick of a President gets on my nerves.

If he was older and uglier, would that make him less nerve wracking?

Pretty much like the worthless TRUCK in the White House.

Edited by Cranemec

We were there this weekend and there's a guy wearing a vest that says "ASK ME" walking each aisle. He has a printout of the new floor plan and will give it to anybody who asks for it, plus a voucher to get 50 fuel points. They're emptying the shelves of old inventory that hasn't sold well and reorganizing in general. There's a temporary set up now and they'll switch to a permanent one in the next few weeks. Two employees were walking across the top of the freezer section with brooms, and I noticed bright posterboard on each aisle with hand-written headers for what is in that aisle and had to chuckle at aisle 10--Laundry detergent, cleaners, and bleech. Yep, bleech. It was all I could do to not take my husband's pen and correct the sign!

We were there this weekend and there's a guy wearing a vest that says "ASK ME" walking each aisle. He has a printout of the new floor plan and will give it to anybody who asks for it, plus a voucher to get 50 fuel points. They're emptying the shelves of old inventory that hasn't sold well and reorganizing in general. There's a temporary set up now and they'll switch to a permanent one in the next few weeks. Two employees were walking across the top of the freezer section with brooms, and I noticed bright posterboard on each aisle with hand-written headers for what is in that aisle and had to chuckle at aisle 10--Laundry detergent, cleaners, and bleech. Yep, bleech. It was all I could do to not take my husband's pen and correct the sign!

I know they have handouts, but I am just old fashioned and curmudgeony enough to not want to read a handout, but rather have the employees know where and what is in their store.

I almost bought bleech, but I decided we had all the bleech we needed with me.

I went in before they had handouts. I had only 6 items on my list to pick up and walked the length of the store several times. It made me very grumpy. Then the cashier made the mistake of asking, "Did you find everything you were looking for?".