#1 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,060 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:41 PM

Published on Mar 24, 2015

This is the special step out of line edition of the Pat and Patti Show featuring TJB's rendition of "Your name is on my list" and a special offer for the fashion-conscious who want something brighter than the pale blue to wear to commission meetings this spring.

Oh, and we've got a prize for the person who guess why this is the "step out of line" edition of the show. Give us your best guess below.

Click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS

#2 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:14 PM

What??
No editorial by Mrnn??
We want Mrnn!
(repeat chant)

(too lazy to type it over and over)
"If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment."
"The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself."

#3 Rose Luxemburg

Rose Luxemburg

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:51 PM

too funny and I still want a book on Mao and  Hoxha if anyone has 

#4 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

too funny and I still want a book on Mao and  Hoxha if anyone has 

Planning on becoming a commie?

If so, say Hi to my wife at the meetings.

"If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment."
"The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself."

#5 Rose Luxemburg

Rose Luxemburg

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:20 PM

Planning on becoming a commie?

If so, say Hi to my wife at the meetings.

No , I am just fleshing out my evil dictator section of my library.  I also have an atrocities section that needs fleshing out and would welcome a book or two on the Vendee and my slavery section needs a book or two on the Barbary trade..  I'd be glad to attach my Amazon wish list if anyone cared to contribute.....

Edited by Rose Luxemburg, 25 March 2015 - 07:20 PM.

#6 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:22 PM

No , I am just fleshing out my evil dictator section of my library.  I also have an atrocities section that needs fleshing out and would welcome a book or two on the Vendee and my slavery section needs a book or two on the Barbary trade..  I'd be glad to attach my Amazon wish list if anyone cared to contribute.....

Oh well, I guess I will leave it to pubby and Mrnn to speak to the wife at the meetings.

#7 Rose Luxemburg

Rose Luxemburg

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:29 PM

Oh well, I guess I will leave it to pubby and Mrnn to speak to the wife at the meetings.

Did you like the show?  I thought it was one of the best ones.  I like satirical pieces and developed the concept for the parody song and PSA...

#8 mrnn

mrnn

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:10 PM

Did you like the show?  I thought it was one of the best ones.  I like satirical pieces and developed the concept for the parody song and PSA...

It was a good show.  TJB has some pipes and the song was funny.

While I did think the whole "list" section of the show was pretty funny, I'm not sure how Pubby sat idly by while you busted out all those books in a conversation about David Austin.  If serious, that was a little over the top, imo.  Perhaps that was the satire and it was just lost on me.

You guys do a great job and I enjoy watching!

mrnn

• TJB likes this

"Republicans have been fleeced, exploited, and lied to by the conservative entertainment complex" -- David Frum, Former Bush Speechwriter and directer of Republican Jewish Coalition

#9 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:33 PM

If I am not mistaken, Cody was murdered in February of 2014.

#10 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:36 PM

I "watched" my first show, with some fast forwarding.

I presume that I missed the serious parts about the "list".

Not bad writing on the song.

#11 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,060 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:30 PM

While I did think the whole "list" section of the show was pretty funny, I'm not sure how Pubby sat idly by while you busted out all those books in a conversation about David Austin.  If serious, that was a little over the top, imo.  Perhaps that was the satire and it was just lost on me.

mrnn

What can I say, I was unarmed, surrounded and they had their hands around their midsections some of the time.  Why if I were armed and policeman I could have gotten away with shooting 'em dead :)

pubby

#12 Rose Luxemburg

Rose Luxemburg

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:38 AM

The point about Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Kim Jun il, etc is that they all compiled lists and investigated people.  Its a slippery slope.  History shows that most govt officials don't make lists for cheezes and giggles.  They have plans for those on those lists....

Humans can be absolutely brutal to those that disagree or are just different with them for whatever reason.  I can think of many points in history where hundreds of thousands to millions were massacred, rounded up, etc--   Armenia,Yugoslavia, Ukranian Holodomor, the Vendee Revolt during the French Revolution,  Stalin, Australians, Americans and Explorers killing large numbers of the native population.  There are instances of these atrocities on every continent except Antarctica and they even had a suspected murder case a few years back.

Human nature does not change.  The only variables are the amount of power to carry out such acts, participants (whether coerced or willing) and the means (weaponry, etc) available for committing those atrocities.    

A huge problem with the American education system is that students are not taught World history, in sufficient depth or quantity, nor the cyclical nature of it....  Gibbons The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire is a recommended read right now.

I suppose my POV is different than most..  I wonder if there is a list for that, lol!!!  History says-- YES!

#13 TJB

TJB

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,555 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:59 AM

mrnn

Thanks. I would've liked another take on my vocals, but we were running out of time. I enjoyed meeting Pubby and the gang.

#14 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:12 AM

Edited: decided the original post was not necessary.

#15 mrnn

mrnn

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:31 AM

The point about Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Kim Jun il, etc is that they all compiled lists and investigated people.  Its a slippery slope.  History shows that most govt officials don't make lists for cheezes and giggles.  They have plans for those on those lists....

Humans can be absolutely brutal to those that disagree or are just different with them for whatever reason.  I can think of many points in history where hundreds of thousands to millions were massacred, rounded up, etc--   Armenia,Yugoslavia, Ukranian Holodomor, the Vendee Revolt during the French Revolution,  Stalin, Australians, Americans and Explorers killing large numbers of the native population.  There are instances of these atrocities on every continent except Antarctica and they even had a suspected murder case a few years back.

Human nature does not change.  The only variables are the amount of power to carry out such acts, participants (whether coerced or willing) and the means (weaponry, etc) available for committing those atrocities.    

A huge problem with the American education system is that students are not taught World history, in sufficient depth or quantity, nor the cyclical nature of it....  Gibbons The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire is a recommended read right now.

I suppose my POV is different than most..  I wonder if there is a list for that, lol!!!  History says-- YES!

I'll never look at my daughter's Valentine's Day class roster the same again....thanks for that. 

But seriously, when Patti mentioned her situation with the GPS coordinates and such, the first thing that crossed my mind was that having her name and address on a list made perfect sense considering her proximity to the airport the county is trying to build.  As far as the names that were given background checks, has that list been made public?  If not, it's rather speculative to assume who had background checks and why those checks were initiated, not to mention tying them to David Austin when the only thing we know for sure is that Mike Jones is the one who initiated the checks. 

I mean you could be right....perhaps you're about to be exterminated by the Paulding County commission chair and the name David Austin will live in infamy beside Stalin and Pol Pot.  On the other hand, using hyperbolic talking points could have folks tuning out your message.

I don't mean to come across as snarky....it's just that I'm, personally, not a fan of every little thing that happens these days being compared to the brutal massacres of history.  I think that strategy diminishes the historical impacts of those events and trivializes those lives lost.

mrnn

"Republicans have been fleeced, exploited, and lied to by the conservative entertainment complex" -- David Frum, Former Bush Speechwriter and directer of Republican Jewish Coalition

#16 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:52 AM

I'll never look at my daughter's Valentine's Day class roster the same again....thanks for that. 

But seriously, when Patti mentioned her situation with the GPS coordinates and such, the first thing that crossed my mind was that having her name and address on a list made perfect sense considering her proximity to the airport the county is trying to build.  As far as the names that were given background checks, has that list been made public?  If not, it's rather speculative to assume who had background checks and why those checks were initiated, not to mention tying them to David Austin when the only thing we know for sure is that Mike Jones is the one who initiated the checks. 

I mean you could be right....perhaps you're about to be exterminated by the Paulding County commission chair and the name David Austin will live in infamy beside Stalin and Pol Pot.  On the other hand, using hyperbolic talking points could have folks tuning out your message.

I don't mean to come across as snarky....it's just that I'm, personally, not a fan of every little thing that happens these days being compared to the brutal massacres of history.  I think that strategy diminishes the historical impacts of those events and trivializes those lives lost.

mrnn

Is there anyone you and pubby agree with........besides me?

(yes, it was a joke)

(if I was serious I woulda said my wife)

#17 Rose Luxemburg

Rose Luxemburg

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:58 AM

mrnn

Thanks for the POV.    NO the County has not released those names and based on what has transpired over the last coupe of years I do think that some people have every right to be concerned about what has transpired. Its nice to know that there a few folks that remain optimistic about humans and their ability to learn from history.  I'll stick to the POV that humans dont change and therefore history is cyclical.  

As for Valentines Day-- the history behind it interesting.

http://www.cbn.com/s...real_story.aspx

#18 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,060 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for the POV.    NO the County has not released those names and based on what has transpired over the last coupe of years I do think that some people have every right to be concerned about what has transpired. Its nice to know that there a few folks that remain optimistic about humans and their ability to learn from history.  I'll stick to the POV that humans dont change and therefore history is cyclical.  

As for Valentines Day-- the history behind it interesting.

http://www.cbn.com/s...real_story.aspx

I don't think it is a matter of optimism or pessimism Rose ... rather the difference - and it is an enormous one - is in vanity and ambition.  I honestly think that the local politicians are not so vain nor ambitious as to think in terms of conquering a county that they can rule with an iron hand, much less a country, continent or world.

While I do think, somewhat cynically, that every politician regardless of the party, is out to game the system to a greater or lesser degree, those who have been born and educated here tend to recognize the sovereignty of the people and would never, as you suggested on the show, go so far as to put the sheriffs on the road to intimidate residents from speaking their piece ... seriously, they are neither that stupid or that ambitious.

That's not to say there may be some politicians in Georgia who would do something on that nature and in that context, I do feel blessed.

Oh, and I'm not so naive as to believe it is impossible that people cannot be persecuted here or elsewhere in the US.  Heck, the entire DOJ report on Ferguson, MO shows that that community was basically extorting its operating capital from fines from arrests for petty crimes so the property owners in the largely absentee owner community could avoid property taxes. (And those among us who don't see parallels to the story of Robin Hood in that are literary-ily illiterate and blind as a bat.)

pubby

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pat and Patti Show, 309, Your name is on my list

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics