Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  

Anything out there would be an improvement. There's nothing out there, right? Maybe Scott's.....I really don't know much about Yorkville except there's nothing out there :)

• Like 1

Scott's has got some pretty good potato wedges though I have never been to the store.

I remember reading somewhere that the population in Yorkville was around 15,000. I guess a grocery store could work out if it is located on US 278.

I live in Yorkville. I would not like a thrift store or Dollar Store, one is plenty! I would love to see some of the junked up old buildings and houses at the intersection of Goldmine and 101 renovated and turned into a cute antique shop or coffee/ice cream shop. Something that will bring new life to the area, not bring it down. Unfortunately, I think I am one of the few with this vision. It could be such nice little community out here...

• Like 2

I live in Yorkville and would love a grocery store closer than 8 miles to Rockmart or 12 miles to Dallas one way. No mega or super store just a mid size grocery store.

For example yesterday for a chicken dish I was making I needed a can of Progresso French onion soup. Went to Dollar General was surprised they did carry some Pregresso soups but not what I needed and of course Scott's didn't have any in any brand of soup. I wasn't going to drive 16 miles round trip to Rockmart for a can of soup.

We have lived in Yorkville for 9 years and have gotten accustomed to stopping on the way home from work and pick up what we need since it is a bit of a drive once we get home. But it would be nice to have something conveniently close by when needed.

That's what I was thinking. That's the price you pay to live in the country.

My property in Alabama is a good 10 miles from town and there aren't any stores in between. No service stations, no dollar stores, nothing.

Not enough population to carry anything but gas stations and Dollar General type stores.

Yorkville itself can support a grocery store.

142vwk0.png

Yorkville itself can support a grocery store.

Doubtful...you have to figure how much of the population would use it primarily. Most people in the area commute and would rather stop by some of the large stores they pass that carry more products to do their normal shopping. They would not be so isolated to be the only game in town where people have to shop there or be significantly inconvenienced.

• Like 1

I don't think a grocery store could be supported out there either, otherwise with all the land out there, there would already be one.

As soon as the airport goes commercial Yorkville will be the next Atlanta. Then there will

be lots of people and all kinds of stores.

A Martins, a QT, or at least a damn red box. How about a Martin's in qt with two red boxes next to the coffee brewers.