Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Mrs G

Chicken Salad Recipes and Spinach Dip, too.

I need a Chicken Salad Recipe that does NOT have nuts, grapes and all the crazy stuff in it. I've had some with chicken & cream cheese and it was really good but, don't know exactly what all was in it. Does anyone have a good recipe? Also, how about a Spinach Dip Recipe that is kinda simple? tia

My Aunt Barbara does the Spinach Dip recipe that's on the back of the Knorr box and it's AWESOME.

• Makes 4 cups
  • Preparation Time10 min
  • Chill Time120 min
INGREDIENTS
  • 1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, cooked, cooled and squeezed dry
  • 1 container (16 oz.) sour cream*
  • 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
  • 1 package Knorr® Vegetable recipe mix
  • 1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, drained and chopped (optional)
  • 3 green onions, chopped (optional)
DIRECTIONS
  • Combine all ingredients and chill about 2 hours. Serve with your favorite dippers to your favorite people.
  • *TIP: To lighten up dip, substitute 1 container (16 oz.) nonfat plain Greek yogurt.

As for chicken salad, I keep it simple.

Chunks of chicken, mayo, salt and pepper to taste. MAYBE add some sweet pickle relish if you are so inclined.

Edited by Blondiega1
  • Like 4

Thank You, Blondie!! I've got 6 big cans of Chicken to make Salad with and 2 pks of spinach. I've never made either. I'm gonna need all the help I can get!!

• Like 2

Thank You, Blondie!! I've got 6 big cans of Chicken to make Salad with and 2 pks of spinach. I've never made either. I'm gonna need all the help I can get!!

Yw!

I like to sprinkle some basil seasoning and crushed potato chips on mine. They are so good!

Thanks, that's a great idea, I'll try it and see.

• Like 1

Six cans will make a HUGE amount of chicken salad!! I just made some a few days ago and only used 3 cans and we still have plenty left. I like mine with slivered almonds and sometimes grapes added--and always sweet pickle cubes. Also, if you will add just a touch of garlic salt/or powder and onion powder--it will make it taste much better.

I cut up small squares of cheddar cheese and put in my chicken salad.

Now sometimes I buy those large croisants from Sam's and add the grapes and almond slivers and some Romain lettuce, if I'm having company.

Good luck.

I forgot, I think I add some chopped celery too.

We went to Walmart got some stuff for my dips, got back home and realized I forgot the sour cream. Went to Publix and got the sour cream. Started working on my Spinach dip, got it all done (2 batches) and looked at all of the Chicken Salad recipes and I don't have any celery. I'll just use celery seeds, instead. Thanks everyone!! Oh and I have plenty of cheese (Publix sale back in January, 1 lb block of Cheddar Cheese for $.50) I'll be cutting up, as well.

I have a wonderful recipe for chicken salad. A lady I used to work with made it for every office event and it's the best I've ever tasted. Not sure how canned chicken would affect the taste. I've always use fresh chicken breasts, baked or boiled -- but baked is best. Here it is in case you want to try it:

4 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into very small pieces

3 tbsp. onion, chopped extremely fine

1/2 cup celery, chopped fine

1/2 cup lemon yogurt

1/3 cup mayonnaise

1/2 tsp. prepared mustard

1/2 tsp. celery salt

Salt and pepper to taste

I hope you enjoy it if you decide to try it!

Six cans will make a HUGE amount of chicken salad!! I just made some a few days ago and only used 3 cans and we still have plenty left. I like mine with slivered almonds and sometimes grapes added--and always sweet pickle cubes. Also, if you will add just a touch of garlic salt/or powder and onion powder--it will make it taste much better.

The party consists of about 75 people. Soup and cornbread is on the menu and I'm fixing the Chicken Dip, Spinach Dip and a Cream Cheese Ball without the Nuts. I just dont like nuts on a cheese ball. Really won't be a cheese ball, huh??

I add celery, a teaspoon or two of fresh lemon juice, and bacon crumbles to my chicken salad.

Now, if we had some Smoked Bacon from Patak Meats, it would be AWESOME!!! Thanks!!

Yum, that sounds good. When do we EAT????

Celery seeds will work, I love celery seeds.

6:30 in Hogansville

I have a wonderful recipe for chicken salad. A lady I used to work with made it for every office event and it's the best I've ever tasted. Not sure how canned chicken would affect the taste. I've always use fresh chicken breasts, baked or boiled -- but baked is best. Here it is in case you want to try it:

4 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into very small pieces

3 tbsp. onion, chopped extremely fine

1/2 cup celery, chopped fine

1/2 cup lemon yogurt

1/3 cup mayonnaise

1/2 tsp. prepared mustard

1/2 tsp. celery salt

Salt and pepper to taste

I hope you enjoy it if you decide to try it!

I have everything but the celery and yogurt. Just don't like mustard, though. Thanks for the recipe!!

Hope you have a great time!

Thanks Low, we will be leaving there fairly early, I'm NOT taking any chances on getting stuck on the side of the road. NOT that my vehicle is in bad shape but, I do not like taking chances!! I'm always prepared in the winter.

12 minutes ago, foreverdiet said:

I really love pasta and this recipe is one of my favorites.

caprese pasta salad

Try to make sure a pasta salad.

caprese-pasta-salad-prev.jpg

I have never heard of  Chick pea pasta, is it really made from chick peas?

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 10:28 AM, Blondiega1 said:

My Aunt Barbara does the Spinach Dip recipe that's on the back of the Knorr box and it's AWESOME.

• Makes 4 cups
  • Preparation Time10 min
  • Chill Time120 min

INGREDIENTS

• 1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, cooked, cooled and squeezed dry
  • 1 container (16 oz.) sour cream*
  • 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
  • 1 package Knorr® Vegetable recipe mix
  • 1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, drained and chopped (optional)
  • 3 green onions, chopped (optional)

DIRECTIONS

• Combine all ingredients and chill about 2 hours. Serve with your favorite dippers to your favorite people.
  • *TIP: To lighten up dip, substitute 1 container (16 oz.) nonfat plain Greek yogurt.

As for chicken salad, I keep it simple.

Chunks of chicken, mayo, salt and pepper to taste. MAYBE add some sweet pickle relish if you are so inclined.

I meant to tell you... Aunt Barbara's Spinach Dip

is Smack Dog Diggity DELICIOUSLY AWESOME!

(can you tell I :wub: it!):good:

I actually made this may years ago.

Thank You for Sharing :wub:

Finely hand chopped celery, not masticated in a food processor.

Finely chopped red or yellow sweet onion, again by hand.

DILL pickle salad cubes, not relish and never sweet pickles, Yuck! Drain as much of the juice off in a sieve as you can. You could hand chop the pickles but it's a lot of work and messy. From a jar works great.

Diced chicken, rotisserie is great, white or mixed with some dark.

About equal amounts of all the vegetables, and about twice as much chicken.

Fold in Dukes Mayonnaise to the consistency you like (Lots!), you could use another brand but why waste good chicken.

Freshly ground black pepper, again lots.

Salt if you desire but usually not. The pickles take care of this.

NO GRAPES! NO NUTS! NO APPLES! Who ever heard of such nonsense?

• Like 2