5 replies to this topic

#1 1Novella

1Novella

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:49 AM

I received an email from the LIT/COMP teacher stating that my son refused to take a chucked summative assessment. 

So I pressed for details. Summative assessment is apparently the new term for test. 

So he refused to take a test. 

Refused.

Then she tells me that he scored a 58 on it.

If he refused to take the test...

how did he score a 58 on it?

:help:

:crazy:

You have to be nice first. When that doesn't work, you can be mean. Once you've been mean, noone will believe the nice anymore. So be nice, even if it hurts.
More life lessons from Anita:
There are some things more important than physical survival. You've got to be able to look yourself in the mirror.
Guns aren't designed for comfort. It's one of the few things that are worn by men, that are as uncomfortable as a pair of high heels.
Change is inevitable and leading change makes it positive. Availability is not a qualification. Hope is not a strategy. Potato chips are not a vegetable, and hot dogs are not a meat. Feedback is a gift, and anyone who "unfriends" you on Facebook because of a disagreement wasn't truly your friend at all.
Posted Image

#2 Ugadawgs98

Ugadawgs98

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:32 PM

Started and refused to finish it?

#3 1Novella

1Novella

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:44 PM

Started and refused to finish it?

nope, he finished it.

You have to be nice first. When that doesn't work, you can be mean. Once you've been mean, noone will believe the nice anymore. So be nice, even if it hurts.
There are some things more important than physical survival. You've got to be able to look yourself in the mirror.
Guns aren't designed for comfort. It's one of the few things that are worn by men, that are as uncomfortable as a pair of high heels.
Change is inevitable and leading change makes it positive. Availability is not a qualification. Hope is not a strategy. Potato chips are not a vegetable, and hot dogs are not a meat. Feedback is a gift, and anyone who "unfriends" you on Facebook because of a disagreement wasn't truly your friend at all.
Posted Image

#4 2busy4?

2busy4?

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:52 PM

I think the teacher needs to take a test.... vocabulary
Keep your heart pure, your mind open, and your gun loaded.

-- Hetty, NCIS LA

I have 452 Facebook Friends... I know some of them.

-- One of My FB friends (I know this one!!!)

#5 markdavd

markdavd

Sawdust Creator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,868 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:07 PM

You need to ask for the circumstances of his 'refusal.'   It would be interesting to see how the teacher describes the incident.

For some reason, this reminds me of a time years ago when one of my sons was in elementary school, we got an official note from the bus barn/principle that that he had pasted a note to another kid. They scheduled a meeting where I had to leave work early and they even had a sub bus driver so she could be present. So here we were, my wife and I, the principle, a representative from transportation and the driver. About 20 minutes into the meeting where they were telling us all kinds of terrible things about our son, I finally asked 'Out of curiosity, what did he use to paste the note to the other student.'

The bus driver looked very confused. Finally she said he PASSED a note, something she had told the kids over and over not to do . . . . .

I read recently that "most of today's reporters and journalists are no better than used car salesmen. When they're working, you just know they're lying to you." My first thought is that's an insult to used car salesmen!

#6 1Novella

1Novella

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:26 PM

So here is the big story. 

Per new 504 guide lines he is supposed to have his work given in sections (chunked). It's an ADD thing.

So she sent him with a NON chunked test to a free teacher so he could do the test in a quiet room (this part is no in specifically in the 504). 

That teacher (who I ADORE) thought they had the CHUNKED version of the test and couldn't locate it. 

My son said he would prefer to do the one the LIT teacher had given him-which he did and scored a 58. 

This teacher is in charge of LITERATURE and COMPREHENSION and called this incident a REFUSAL.

BTW- the teacher who was actually present said he was not rude or disrespectful when he stated that he would rather do the one that he had.

You can only imagine the email I just sent.

• markdavd and mei lan like this
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics