55 replies to this topic

#41 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,075 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:41 PM

We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means an about-turn and walking back to the right road ; in that case, the man that turns back soonest is the most progressive. 

C.S. Lewis 

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#42 tundra

tundra

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:45 PM

I would tell you I told you so, but I won't....... 8)

Yes you did tell me.............I should have listened to you.  Such a wise person you are, but I have known that for a long time.  :good:

• NewsJunky likes this

Bring on the jobs, bring on the business leave the commercial flights at Hartsfield.

I OPPOSE COMMERCIAL AIR SERVICE. Protect Paulding County 

#43 mojo413

mojo413

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,782 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:54 PM

Yes you did tell me.............I should have listened to you.  Such a wise person you are, but I have known that for a long time.  :good:

Just another perfect example of how this Airport Disaster has divided our community like no other issue ever has.

It's apparent to me Brett Smith's words of wisdom about his failed Gwinnett County / Brisco Field deal "Loose Lips Sink Ships" doesn't work either.

Our community needs healing. In my opinion it will never happen as long as 139 is on the table.
  • WHITEY and radiohead like this
Retired. I only work 12 noon to 1pm.
Most days I take an hour lunch break.
John Hyden
770-366-1552

#44 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:14 PM

Just another perfect example of how this Airport Disaster has divided our community like no other issue ever has.

It's apparent to me Brett Smith's words of wisdom about his failed Gwinnett County / Brisco Field deal "Loose Lips Sink Ships" doesn't work either.

Our community needs healing. In my opinion it will never happen as long as 139 is on the table.

I think that it is sad, just sad, that this issue has evolved the way it has and that it has turned neighbor against neighbor, friend against friend and elected official against elected official and people against their elected officials.

I think that this issue has been mismanaged from the start and that this mismanagement has continued since.

Name calling and ugly comments have been thrown around by both sides and by some who are in the middle.

(I am sure I am guilty of that also, but I can't remember every stupid thing I do, after all, that is a lot to remember)

Rumors have been spread about people who are basically good people and some have been called out and put crooks.

Again, this has been done all the way around.

I just hope that however this plays out, history will show that the end result was what was best for the majority of the county and it's people.

I also hope that some of the relationships that have been strained can be repaired.

They say you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs, all I can say is....This better be one damn GOOD omelet. 

• The Sound Guy likes this
"If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment."
"The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself."

#45 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,546 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:16 PM

Tundra:

On the resolution, I took that woman destined for martyrdom, Kerstin??'s word in her speech that this was an important piece of local legislation ... not a non-binding statement that the three post commissioners were showboating about.  I don't recall being given a packet or anything on the measure and I don't think the notion that the measure being voted on was non-binding by its sponsors.  There was no discussion amongst the members of the board whatsoever that this was non-biding.

I did hear a snippet from Todd that he had heard some discussion of another bit of local legislation that was being talked about and that they were passing this to prevent a repeat of last  year.  I pieced from that the next effort will be to mount a recall of David alleging that he violated this county ordinance which prohibited this (Or the attorney for the county) and that they need to be fired/recalled because of their 'illegal' acts.

All I did was point out it was a BS law that was over-reaching and unconstitutional as it limited my ability to petition government for a redress of my grievances.  Oh, and I am insulted when others, through slight of hand or otherwise, try to take away my rights.

pubby

PS: I've had other issues with other county ordinances in the past and have spoken out on them as well including those dealing with indecency, regulation of drive through windows, group home ordinances and more.  Paulding's ordinances are not particularly well written but with a compliant court, a wink and a nod, they get away with making poorly written laws full of loopholes.

Oh, and they are binding as long as people believe they are bound by them or the lawyers run out of places to appeal.

#46 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:52 PM

Tundra:

On the resolution, I took that woman destined for martyrdom, Kerstin??'s word in her speech that this was an important piece of local legislation ... not a non-binding statement that the three post commissioners were showboating about.  I don't recall being given a packet or anything on the measure and I don't think the notion that the measure being voted on was non-binding by its sponsors.  There was no discussion amongst the members of the board whatsoever that this was non-biding.

I did hear a snippet from Todd that he had heard some discussion of another bit of local legislation that was being talked about and that they were passing this to prevent a repeat of last  year.  I pieced from that the next effort will be to mount a recall of David alleging that he violated this county ordinance which prohibited this (Or the attorney for the county) and that they need to be fired/recalled because of their 'illegal' acts.

All I did was point out it was a BS law that was over-reaching and unconstitutional as it limited my ability to petition government for a redress of my grievances.  Oh, and I am insulted when others, through slight of hand or otherwise, try to take away my rights.

pubby

PS: I've had other issues with other county ordinances in the past and have spoken out on them as well including those dealing with indecency, regulation of drive through windows, group home ordinances and more.  Paulding's ordinances are not particularly well written but with a compliant court, a wink and a nod, they get away with making poorly written laws full of loopholes.

Oh, and they are binding as long as people believe they are bound by them or the lawyers run out of places to appeal.

Pubby, it is a Resolution NOT an Ordinance..... Two entirely different animals.

• tundra likes this

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~~George Orwell

There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.........

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."~~ Edward R. Murrow   

#47 tundra

tundra

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:09 PM

Pubby, it is a Resolution NOT an Ordinance..... Two entirely different animals.

Thank you!  And this is an Airport not an Airline

• crossroads and radiohead like this

Bring on the jobs, bring on the business leave the commercial flights at Hartsfield.

#48 tundra

tundra

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:12 PM

If anyone is interested in seeing the whole video, uncut, unedited with all the citizens speakers, just go here. 

www.facebook.com/savepauldingco

or here

morning work session (this is where most of the discussion happens):  www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG1alVp_CDk&feature=youtu.be

BOC meeting (this is where they vote on everything) www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVcYD0b-CE4&feature=youtu.be

• crossroads and mojo413 like this

#49 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:54 PM

Does anyone ever recall David Austin openly declare before the 2008 or the 2012 election that he supported the commercial passenger service for our airport, Or when his Brother ran did he openly support commercial passenger service. How about when Doris Devy was that part of her campaign she ran on. Prior to the Announcement in October 2013 have you ever heard Carolyn Wright at a Chamber of commerce meeting declare that the chamber supported and was working towards providing commercial passenger service.
Then please tell me how this was secretly passed by these folks ?
  • mojo413 likes this
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has Margaret Mead

I oppose the airport expansion

http://www.savepauldingco.com/blog/

"And believe you me, if there was going to be airliners I would not be a part of this, never ever would I be a part of this"

#50 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:57 PM

If anyone is interested in seeing the whole video, uncut, unedited with all the citizens speakers, just go here. 

or here

morning work session (this is where most of the discussion happens):  www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG1alVp_CDk&feature=youtu.be

BOC meeting (this is where they vote on everything) www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVcYD0b-CE4&feature=youtu.be

• tundra likes this
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has Margaret Mead

"And believe you me, if there was going to be airliners I would not be a part of this, never ever would I be a part of this"

#51 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,546 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:03 PM

or here

Both those videos are posted in the original post of this topic,  unedited, uncut and whole, just as they uploaded them.  The suggestion that they are edited here is a joke and we are sourcing the same exact file.

The poster just doesn't like the idea that anyone else can hold an opinion that doesn't agree with hers.  They'll delete any dissenting opinions 'there.'

pubby

#52 tundra

tundra

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:16 PM

Oh I didn't see you source them, perhaps I was wrong.  Then the Thanks goes to Roy Sparks for these videos, they are not yours, right? Maybe you should tell everyone that. Are you trying to say you don't edit videos? really?

#53 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:52 PM

Tundra:

pubby

Here it is....... "Pubby Discuss action to adopt Resolution 15-04 of the Paulding County Board of Commissioners requesting the Paulding County Delegation to the Georgia General Assembly not introduce any local legislation affecting Paulding County without the request or approval of the Paulding County Board of Commissioners."

No different than the two other resolutions that are prior to this resolution that was on the agenda placed there by David Austin one in regard to the State of Georgia and the other one about refunding millions in previous bond issues.
all three have meaning and intent. and should be honored by honest folks who intend on doing honest and above board transparent work of the citizens.

Why you would get your panties all in a wad about three honest and transparent commissioners trying to get the other two to be open honest and transparent is beyond me
I agree with you if Dave and David want to try and sneak through some other legislation again they may get away with it. But ...I believe it will be much more difficult.

Be cool Pubby calm down the IBA and the PCAA both passed RESOLUTIONS to be sent to our legislators last year and you were really cool with that idea then and it was constitutional then..... RIGHT???? why is a RESOLUTION not constitutional now..... You do recall the commissioners then were trying to pass legislation to circumvent a pending court case that is still being drug out like they did the Morrison's case. Sorry Pubby you can't have it both ways.

When you met with David Tuesday did you by any chance ask him why if the bond attorney wrote the IGA agreement and if so who directed him to do so, and why was their no charge for the service? Was this ethical????

You are really missing out on the real news that came out of the meeting. The neighbor paper is going to scoop you again.

#54 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,546 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:59 PM

Whitey:

If you can't tell the difference between asking the legislature to enact a bill and serving notice on them they can't let anyone except the the three members of the board ask them to enact a bill, knowing that their choice to enact or not is their choice, then I don't know that you would understand the problem.

Two: They didn't 'get away' with the change although the change was on what I consider not only a gross technicality, but another prime example of incompetents writing law and not being very good at use of language.

Finally, I would be more likely to have an issue with the bond writing and re-writing bidding process than I would the county getting the bond attorney to do a little pro-bono work for one of the county's authorities.  However, I'm pretty confident that if you have even a case that peripherally involves the airport, there will be a half-dozen tony Atlanta attorneys that charge upwards of $750/hr to litigate the ethics of it.

Since I'm obviously not in the loop with you guys, I'll wait for the press release as there is no way in hell that you'd give me story first even if you penned it and posted it yourself  (which you could.)

pubby

#55 tbird

tbird

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:43 PM

Just some things I noticed in the video.

1. Why does David Austin not place his had over his heart during the pledge? Has his heart dropped down into his stomach area?

2. Several times I noticed the Attorney to be rolling her eyes while Todd was speaking. Really--how professional is that?

3. Does Mr. Austin ever smile?? Does he always have that "nasty taste in his mouth" smirk?

• WHITEY likes this

#56 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,546 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:58 PM

Tbird:

I would direct you to the Pat and Patti Show where we did get a smile out of our Chairman :)

pubby

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BOC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics