Recent Topics Recent Topics

Photo

Tie less in Atlanta ? or do you need a tie ?

Just dont need them anymore

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:43 PM

OK, for many, many years I wore a tie to work.

Now, I wear a tie for Weddings, Funerals, and the poultry show [Next week in Atlanta;

We are still settling in, kinda.....to our size 6 house from our previous size 10 house.  

Hence, last night I was handed a bag of, of all things, .....ties.

I quite wearing them unless I HAD to, many, many years ago.

But, Melissa pointed out I had, other than the chicken ties, and some Christmas Ties, a bunch of what are actually very expensive ties.

So does any one want them ?

Free......GRatis, just be gentle when you tie the Knot.

If you know how to rate ties, by the diagonal stripes on the stuffing piece, these are for the most part, 3, 4 and 5 stripers.

Let me know if you want them...............

When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

#2 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,248 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:16 AM

I doubt you will get any takers. And I'll tell you why. Last week I was summoned to jury duty. The week before I checked to see if my suits were clean, laid out some dress shirts and made sure everything still fit. 

When I arrived that monday morning I was the only one wearing a coat and tie, I was the only one wearing a tie, in fact looking around everyone else was dressed like they were attending a tractor pull or maybe a livestock auction. Needless to say I felt a little out of place. Luckily it was a slow day for crime in Paulding and most of us were dismissed early and sent back home.

No unless you have some old overalls, camo jackets or jeans with holes in the knees I would just dump them off at the salvation army. 

Edited by CitizenCain, 23 January 2015 - 12:21 AM.

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#3 krwills

krwills

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:13 AM

They also make beautiful quilts and craft projects. If you do not have takers for all of them, contact the Paulding Senior Center. I'll bet they would love to have them.

I sure miss your dinner threads. My offer to use my kitchen is open, as long as I have one to offer.

I hope you get to a point, you'd just like to take a relaxing day and come sit by the lake. That offer is open too.

The postings you may read may not always be the thoughts of both owners..

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics