Recent Topics Recent Topics

Photo
- - - - -

UPDATE: 2PM Commission meeting added to morning morning session full of surprises (1/13/2015)

PCBOC

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 rockster

rockster

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:24 AM

Pubby it might surprise you but I agreed with your idea of waiting till the next meeting to vote when you suggested it during the primary campaign and I still agree with you. However your idea has never been brought up for consideration (as far as I know). The question at hand is, if any rules or laws have been violated during this past meeting? Based on my observations during the past 15 months during BOC, AA & IBA meetings, they have not been violated this time. I do believe the subject of open meetings is the subject of one of our upcoming suits.

Now let's discuss open, ethical, honest and transparent dealings during 2012 & 2013. Please correct me if my memory is wrong...
• January 1, 2011 Todd Pownall was seated on the BOC.
• June 4, 2012 Gwinnett County BOC killed Propeller's Brisco Field proposal.
• Sometime shorty after June 4 Blake & Brett connected.
• Sometime in 2012 to 2013 at least 2 Paulding County Commissioner's were flying around the country looking at commercial airports (on Propeller's nickel?)
• October 24, 2012 60 Acre Land Lease was signed by Blake Swafford for the AA & Donald Bolia (sp?) for Silver Comet Partners.
• November 21, 2012 AA approved "Silver Comet Agreement" after returning from closed session with no discussion.
• November 28, 2012 Terminal Lease is signed by Blake Swafford for the IBA & ??? Moy??? for Silver Comet Terminal Partners.
• January 1, 2013 Dave Carmichael is seated on the BOC. Airport area is added to Post 2 Todd Pownall's Post.
• March 13, 2013 State of the County Address "more airport news to come".
• April 17, 2013 Engineering Agreement signed by Blake Swafford for the AA & Brett Smith for Silver Comet Terminal Partners.
• June 18 & 19, 2013 Secret Douglasville Retreat.
• October 3, 2013 Silver Comet Partnership public announcement.
• October 22, 2013 Bond Agreement signed by Calvin Thompson for the AA and Brett Smith for Silver Comet Partners. Of the 4 agreements this is the only 1 signed after the public announcement.

Pubby I've been told unofficially the $500,000 called out on page 4 of the Bond Agreement has never been deposited into the "Escrow Account" by Propeller or Silver Comet Partners... Can you verify this?

Has Propeller to date even paid anything or any proof of investment to the Airport?

Edited by rockster, 16 January 2015 - 12:30 AM.

#82 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,391 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:41 AM

Pubby it might surprise you but I agreed with your idea of waiting till the next meeting to vote when you suggested it during the primary campaign and I still agree with you. However your idea has never been brought up for consideration (as far as I know). The question at hand is, if any rules or laws have been violated during this past meeting? Based on my observations during the past 15 months during BOC, AA & IBA meetings, they have not been violated this time. I do believe the subject of open meetings is the subject of one of our upcoming suits.

Now let's discuss open, ethical, honest and transparent dealings during 2012 & 2013. Please correct me if my memory is wrong...
• Sometime in 2012 to 2013 at least 2 Paulding County Commissioner's were flying around the country looking at commercial airports (on Propeller's nickel?)
• October 24, 2012 60 Acre Land Lease was signed by Blake Swafford for the AA & Donald Bolia (sp?) for Silver Comet Partners.
• November 21, 2012 AA approved "Silver Comet Agreement" after returning from closed session with no discussion.
• November 28, 2012 Terminal Lease is signed by Blake Swafford for the IBA & ??? Moy??? for Silver Comet Terminal Partners.
• January 1, 2013 Dave Carmichael is seated on the BOC. Airport area is added to Post 2 Todd Pownall's Post.
• April 17, 2013 Engineering Agreement signed by Blake Swafford for the AA & Brett Smith for Silver Comet Terminal Partners.
• October 22, 2013 Bond Agreement signed by Calvin Thompson for the AA and Brett Smith for Silver Comet Partners. Of the 4 agreements this is the only 1 signed after the public announcement.

Pubby I've been told unofficially the $500,000 called out on page 4 of the Bond Agreement has never been deposited into the "Escrow Account" by Propeller or Silver Comet Partners... Can you verify this?

I wouldn't say anything about your timeline mojo other than say that you left out a few other events of importance. 

Primary among those events was the relationship between Todd and David Austin leading up to the July 2012 primary.  Todd was openly supporting Tony Crowe's effort to unseat David Austin. While I've heard both sides of the story in regard the particulars, I think the thing I can take away from the statements is that trust between the Chairman and his Post 2 commissioner were at a low point then and haven't improved. 

Trust is one of those things that when lost is a two way street. If it was bad beginning on your time line leading up to October 2013 it got worse then. It is even worse now. I don't see it getting any better.

As far as the half-million escrow, I don't know where they were to put the money and whether the requirement may even be satisfied by a letter of credit.  I do know that it could be a mitigating factor in the event of a suit over breach. However, without a claim of breach by Propeller first, its importance is diminished ... but hey, none of the signatories is claiming one or to my knowledge committed a breach at present ... except on the grounds of the three new commissioners trying to nix the deal.

pubby

#83 rockster

rockster

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:57 AM

I wouldn't say anything about your timeline mojo other than say that you left out a few other events of importance. 

Primary among those events was the relationship between Todd and David Austin leading up to the July 2012 primary.  Todd was openly supporting Tony Crowe's effort to unseat David Austin. While I've heard both sides of the story in regard the particulars, I think the thing I can take away from the statements is that trust between the Chairman and his Post 2 commissioner were at a low point then and haven't improved. 

Trust is one of those things that when lost is a two way street. If it was bad beginning on your time line leading up to October 2013 it got worse then. It is even worse now. I don't see it getting any better.

As far as the half-million escrow, I don't know where they were to put the money and whether the requirement may even be satisfied by a letter of credit.  I do know that it could be a mitigating factor in the event of a suit over breach. However, without a claim of breach by Propeller first, its importance is diminished ... but hey, none of the signatories is claiming one or to my knowledge committed a breach at present ... except on the grounds of the three new commissioners trying to nix the deal.

pubby

PFFT. to your knowledge, has Propeller even at least once even satisfied ANY contractual agreement??????????

#84 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:42 AM

MOJO I have been thinking about the time line of events that have occurred with David Austin and you may want to add another date, that, to me is a significant event that indicates the first time that David Austin was not being open honest and transparent in his dealings with the folks that supported him and voted for him.

I am sure you will recall primary election night 2012 ?

I was at the campaign headquarters of David Austin on election night and was questioned as to why I did not attend the public hearing held that day immediately after the polls had closed pertaining to the proposed tax increase.

Unaware that their was a public hearing I checked the Paulding Government web site and nothing was posted there, I further inquired as to where the notification was and became aware that it was posted on the inner doors on the second floor of the administration building completely out of sight from the general public.

Only one citizen was aware of this meeting and a couple of the commissioners, Some staff and the chairman David Austin.

Since they got away with that it became common place to have special called meetings and not use the Government web site to convey information to the general public or other commissioners

Case in point was the special called meeting of the Airport Authority on October 24,2012 and the special called off site held in Douglasville on June 18 and 19 ,2013

Do know that the special called meeting of October 24, 2012 was convened in the early morning hours in the dead of the night and certainty is not how open honest and transparent meetings should be held.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has Margaret Mead

I oppose the airport expansion

http://www.savepauldingco.com/blog/

"And believe you me, if there was going to be airliners I would not be a part of this, never ever would I be a part of this"

#85 tundra

tundra

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:08 AM

They are supposed to post those notices 24 hours in advance, not 2 or 3. 

Bring on the jobs, bring on the business leave the commercial flights at Hartsfield.

I OPPOSE COMMERCIAL AIR SERVICE. Protect Paulding County 

#86 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,513 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:31 AM

PFFT. to your knowledge, has Propeller even at least once even satisfied ANY contractual agreement??????????

My question too.  Do they really have any skin in the game as of today?

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~~George Orwell

There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.........

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."~~ Edward R. Murrow   

#87 mojo413

mojo413

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,586 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:03 PM

My question too.  Do they really have any skin in the game as of today?

Sort of like us asking where is a business plan and financials for 15+ months?... About the best answers I've heard is "They are a private company and they don't have to provide that information" or "They are in a very sensitive business and they don't release that information fearing what their competitors will do with it".

I would describe it "Heck since they ain't done nothing, they ain't got none".

I think I heard a year ago "we might be letting another Fed-X, or Microsoft or Apple slip through our fingers".
I that I would say "Heck name a single government that backed the bonds to get Fed-X, or Microsoft or Apple off the ground".
  • tundra likes this
Retired. I only work 12 noon to 1pm.
Most days I take an hour lunch break.
John Hyden
770-366-1552

#88 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,513 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:12 PM

Sort of like us asking where is a business plan and financials for 15+ months?... About the best answers I've heard is "They are a private company and they don't have to provide that information" or "They are in a very sensitive business and they don't release that information fearing what their competitors will do with it".

I would describe it "Heck since they ain't done nothing, they ain't got none".

I think I heard a year ago "we might be letting another Fed-X, or Microsoft or Apple slip through our fingers".
I that I would say "Heck name a single government that backed the bonds to get Fed-X, or Microsoft or Apple off the ground".

If they have paid the county anything or the Authorities anything that should be a matter of public record I would think.  Looks like the taxpayers are footing the bill for this company to have a business here. 

• mojo413 likes this

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~~George Orwell

There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.........

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."~~ Edward R. Murrow   

#89 mojo413

mojo413

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,586 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

If they have paid the county anything or the Authorities anything that should be a matter of public record I would think.  Looks like the taxpayers are footing the bill for this company to have a business here.

I've got hard copies of the 2 Leases & 2 Agreements. Give me a call, I'll get a set to you. Then you can make your own decisions.
It's been said before only an attorney can have opinions on these. They seem to be written in plain Pro-Propeller dba Pro-Silver Comet Partner lauguage to me. Of course I do not give any legal opinions.
  • NewsJunky likes this
Retired. I only work 12 noon to 1pm.
Most days I take an hour lunch break.
John Hyden
770-366-1552

#90 Gone

Gone

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,139 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

Another thing not mentioned in the timeline and the reason the communist chairman did not tell Todd about the airport.......The toll road.

Todd was seated Jan.1 2000,the toll road news came out around Oct.2011.Todd made sure the people were aware of what could happen.And I heard with my own ears David Austin refer to that reason as to why Todd was not told about the airport.

• WHITEY and tundra like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PCBOC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics