Recent Topics Recent Topics

Photo
- - - - -

UPDATE: 2PM Commission meeting added to morning morning session full of surprises (1/13/2015)

PCBOC

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,439 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:06 PM

UPDATE: 2 PM COMMISSION MEETING

Reports from the commission this morning say that the three new commissioners are out to change the direction of the BOC by a 3/2 vote on issues ranging from who sits on the Airport Authority to what may be a material breach in the contract with Propeller Industries, the company that has leased the airport for commercial purposes.

The demands from the three seemed to catch Chairman David Austin off guard and he asked the leader of the uprising, Todd Pownall, why he didn't come to him before the meeting to have the issues put on the agenda.

The two new commissioners, Vernon Collett and Tony Crowe, also weren't the only new faces. Sitting next to the chairman was former, and now current, county attorney Lani Skipper. Ms. Skipper had served the county as its attorney in the administration of Jerry Shearin but was replaced by Chairman Austin upon his taking office. She replaced Jayson Phillips in the post.

Above is a video posted with the permission of its author Roy Sparks. Additional reports are expected.
Click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS

#2 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,439 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:56 PM

The commission has had its 2pm meeting and three of the four motions introduced to the agenda this morning were tabled; the motion for the county to withdraw its application for commercial airline service at the county's airport being the only measure to pass - notably by a 3-2 vote.

Resolutions effectively firing three members of the Airport Authority and two on the IBA board - we've not gotten details because of the slam-bam nature of the introduction as there was no advanced notice to any of the motions detailing the requested actions - were tabled for the next meeting as questions arose whether the board, in arbitrarily truncating the established terms, was not exceeding its authority.

In regard the resolution to withdraw the FAA application for commercial air service, there was limited discussion with a report that Chairman David Austin warned the board that the resulting lawsuits could be huge if the measure is pursued.  An observer reported that among the retorts to that was a comment by Vernon Collette that it may cost money to do what the newly elected members chose to do, but sometimes it costs money to do the right thing.

Indeed, the withdrawal at the boards' request may run into some bureaucratic roadblocks as the county will have to do some research in exactly how to withdraw the application, assess what direct costs will be incurred (including possible paybacks of funds already transferred to the local entity and even the ramifications of the change in operational authority executed last year delegating that authority to the Airport Authority.)

Discussions earlier in the morning in the video established that these actions were taken to fulfill commitments that were made during the election, according to post 4 commissioner Tony Crowe.  Post 2 commissioner Todd Pownall, who was leading the coup, justified it saying, "this the wish of the board that was elected to do business of the county."  Pownall further offered to take responsibility for the surprise manner in which the motions were placed on the agenda.

The video of the afternoon session has been added to the original post.

pubby

Edited by PUBBY, 13 January 2015 - 06:33 PM.
update the information as to the location of the video

#3 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:32 PM

Now this is really cute!

David Austin, of all people questions Todd Pownall on how come he did not come and discuss this matter with him in person, after Austin, went out of his way, jumping through numerous hoops on the way with David Carmichael, purposefully kept Todd Pownall in the dark for over 12 months about their plan to commercialize the airport.

Talk about the freaking pot calling the kettle black!?!?!?!  Austin, you are indeed a scumbag, but one with hair on your gonads for the way you treat your constituents. Its obvious to all, there is ABSOLUTELY NO consideration for what they, the voters, feel or care.  Damn the torpedoes, and full speed ahead.

I did hear a comment today, from more than one involved.......we are doing this because its the RIGHT thing to do. That is what we have requested from the bastards for 8+ years......do the right thing. And instead, our illustrious BoC has chosen to spend $2,000,000 [yeah, million] to prevent a family from exercising their 1st Amerndment rights to seek rederess against an oppresive government.  You did this and there is NO WAY you can deny it.  You have taken all we had simply because we asked you to do the right thing, and you chose to protect your ROBBER BARON MEGA DEVELOPERS, and your department heads those same RBMDs had bought and paid fo.

I look forward to seeing you get your payback over the next couple of months. It is due, fitting, and proper.

And David, I understand Loni is a concession.......don't worry, Melissa I and I be doing you a favor and will be entering a new set of suits based on the criminal conspiracy to cover up the felonies committed by the water department with the contamination of our drinking water on Palisades, and your efforts, along with some of your other commissioners, to keep these coverups,......well, .......under cover.  Lani will be at the core of this suit also, as she was for the previous fraud suits filed against your predecessors, ...... and will have to be asked to step aside.

• The Sound Guy, WHITEY, secondhandsmith and 5 others like this
When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

#4 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:47 PM

Now this is really cute!

David Austin, of all people questions Todd Pownall on how come he did not come and discuss this matter with him in person, after Austin, went out of his way, jumping through numerous hoops on the way with David Carmichael, purposefully kept Todd Pownall in the dark for over 12 months about their plan to commercialize the airport.

Talk about the freaking pot calling the kettle black!?!?!?! 

HAHAHAHAAAA  I started laughing the minute I read that.  hahahahahahahahaa  Too good.

• Captain Rhett Butler likes this

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

William Shakespeare, Sonnet 116

#5 mrnn

mrnn

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:49 PM

So City of Atlanta and Delta foots all these campaign and legal fees to fight commercialization, they get what they want, and then will be nowhere to be found when we (TAXPAYERS) have to pay to get out of the contract, pay back bonds, and look at weeds grow out of the investments already sunk into the airport?

Great plan, guys.  Way to go.

mrnn

• ridge rd retiree, markdavd, westside family and 2 others like this

"Republicans have been fleeced, exploited, and lied to by the conservative entertainment complex" -- David Frum, Former Bush Speechwriter and directer of Republican Jewish Coalition

#6 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:03 PM

So City of Atlanta and Delta foots all these campaign and legal fees to fight commercialization, they get what they want, and then will be nowhere to be found when we (TAXPAYERS) have to pay to get out of the contract, pay back bonds, and look at weeds grow out of the investments already sunk into the airport?

mrnn

Glad to see you on board. :)
  • mei lan likes this
"If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment."
"The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself."

#7 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:50 PM

mrnn

No lets use it for what it was built for...... General Aviation airport..... REMEMBER  ?? After all this elite group of folks on the PCAA was going to build the finest General Aviation Airport in the world and it was going to pay for itself with MRO work a FBO and plenty of hangar space.. Got any idea what happened to that scheme ?This was about $12,000,000 prior?

Get real to think we could compete with the city of Atlanta and take 1,000,000 passengers a year away from Hartsfield Jackson Airport was a stupid idea and was doomed to failure to begin with. You are a lot smarter that that.

• nezzie, mrshoward, mojo413 and 3 others like this
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has Margaret Mead

I oppose the airport expansion

http://www.savepauldingco.com/blog/

"And believe you me, if there was going to be airliners I would not be a part of this, never ever would I be a part of this"

#8 rockster

rockster

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:04 PM

mrnn

Lost at where you claim the City of Atlanta and Delta foots the bills???? Please back up and support with facts. Seriously, stand tall and back your posting. I will await for your response.

Additionally, do you KNOW how much taxpayer money has been spent on a couple of ventures?? Yeah, let me bring up bond. Millions on the airport, just a few on the studio. 

PLEASE, do your math and report back. 

• WHITEY, mojo413 and radiohead like this

#9 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,439 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:34 AM

Lost at where you claim the City of Atlanta and Delta foots the bills???? Please back up and support with facts. Seriously, stand tall and back your posting. I will await for your response.

Additionally, do you KNOW how much taxpayer money has been spent on a couple of ventures?? Yeah, let me bring up bond. Millions on the airport, just a few on the studio. 

Officially, it is a mystery where the money for the tony Atlanta lawyers came from.  Since we're looking at folks that charge $750/hr or more, and the people who were listed on the suits admit they didn't pay for the legal services, the only thing we can guess is that some very deep pocketed persons were opposed to the airport.

The vast majority of deep pocketed people in Paulding are either pilots or in favor the airport so it is not terribly likely those backing the fight to keep the airport from going to commercial are local.  There are some very wealthy corporations outside the county that are, however, very opposed to the airport.

The first thing to know about corporations are they are sociopaths by most objective measures. Lying when it comes to spin and PR is therefore considered a skill since morality plays no role in the life of a sociopath.  We can also point to known ties between the tony Atlanta lawyers and the corporation. 

In addition, and while publicly denying they are the source of funds, Delta is more than outspoken in opposition in other official ways. Indeed, their opposition has raised speculation from national and international media who seem to assume their complicity in the lawsuits based on the stories they've written.

So, while there is no hard evidence that the money funding opposition of the airport comes from Delta, it is far from an uneducated guess as there is a great deal of circumstantial evidence they are the source of the funds.

Because of the laws regarding attorney client privilege and the unwillingness of the parties involved to confirm their fiduciary participation, coupled with the pleasure those who play on the uncertainty to attack the credibility of the commission chairman, it is not likely that this will be factually determined.

That said, I can tell the smug pride you exhibit in pointing out that there is no proof of the allegation that Delta is behind the law suits.  I suspect you share that smug pride with the CEO although I'm pretty certain he earned it, not you.

As far as the funds spent locally in furtherance of the project, I would find it embarrassing to adopt a smug pride over the flushing of those funds down the toilet.

The likely very public breach of contract by the commission - is certainly not a feather in the cap of the county which has, with the vote today (and its ultimate execution) become a very flaky partner in any public private partnership.

Add to the direct cost, which you note totals in the millions and throw in the not just the bad PR that comes from breaching the contract, but multiply that PR nightmare with a multi-million dollar lawsuit by the former partner ... and I dare say new Paulding BOC under its new chairman Todd Pownall, just spent maybe $50 million and got nothing for it - since nothing (we don't want no commercial airport) was their campaign promise and commitment.

I personally close with the observation and stupidity is never the right thing to do.

pubby

#10 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,658 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:39 AM

Well were pretty sure we know who's paying for the expense of defending the project. 

In fact considering all the money five elected commissioners have managed to throw at lawyers the last few years I surprised we haven't seen more new law offices sprout up in Paulding.

Edited by CitizenCain, 14 January 2015 - 12:58 AM.

• The Sound Guy and radiohead like this

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#11 rockster

rockster

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:07 AM

Officially, it is a mystery where the money for the tony Atlanta lawyers came from.  Since we're looking at folks that charge $750/hr or more, and the people who were listed on the suits admit they didn't pay for the legal services, the only thing we can guess is that some very deep pocketed persons were opposed to the airport.

The vast majority of deep pocketed people in Paulding are either pilots or in favor the airport so it is not terribly likely those backing the fight to keep the airport from going to commercial are local.  There are some very wealthy corporations outside the county that are, however, very opposed to the airport.

The first thing to know about corporations are they are sociopaths by most objective measures. Lying when it comes to spin and PR is therefore considered a skill since morality plays no role in the life of a sociopath.  We can also point to known ties between the tony Atlanta lawyers and the corporation. 

In addition, and while publicly denying they are the source of funds, Delta is more than outspoken in opposition in other official ways. Indeed, their opposition has raised speculation from national and international media who seem to assume their complicity in the lawsuits based on the stories they've written.

So, while there is no hard evidence that the money funding opposition of the airport comes from Delta, it is far from an uneducated guess as there is a great deal of circumstantial evidence they are the source of the funds.

Because of the laws regarding attorney client privilege and the unwillingness of the parties involved to confirm their fiduciary participation, coupled with the pleasure those who play on the uncertainty to attack the credibility of the commission chairman, it is not likely that this will be factually determined.

That said, I can tell the smug pride you exhibit in pointing out that there is no proof of the allegation that Delta is behind the law suits.  I suspect you share that smug pride with the CEO although I'm pretty certain he earned it, not you.

As far as the funds spent locally in furtherance of the project, I would find it embarrassing to adopt a smug pride over the flushing of those funds down the toilet.

The likely very public breach of contract by the commission - is certainly not a feather in the cap of the county which has, with the vote today (and its ultimate execution) become a very flaky partner in any public private partnership.

Add to the direct cost, which you note totals in the millions and throw in the not just the bad PR that comes from breaching the contract, but multiply that PR nightmare with a multi-million dollar lawsuit by the former partner ... and I dare say new Paulding BOC under its new chairman Todd Pownall, just spent maybe $50 million and got nothing for it - since nothing (we don't want no commercial airport) was their campaign promise and commitment.

I personally close with the observation and stupidity is never the right thing to do.

pubby

Thanks. I was actually looking for a response from mrnn. That is who I directed my post to

#12 mrnn

mrnn

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:15 AM

AJC..........and common sense, of course.

mrnn

Edited by mrnn, 14 January 2015 - 04:15 AM.

"Republicans have been fleeced, exploited, and lied to by the conservative entertainment complex" -- David Frum, Former Bush Speechwriter and directer of Republican Jewish Coalition

#13 mojo413

mojo413

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:21 AM

Agreed.

City of Atlanta & Delta... as I laugh... All one has to do is sit in a BOC, AA & IBA meeting, listen & watch. They might see the checks passing hands before or after a meeting. I always make a statement "Delta had not influenced or contributed to my contribution in any way, shape or form".

And here are some venture #'s I am am aware of;
$12 million +/- local dollars spent on the airport.
$900,000 / year lost at the film studio during the last 2 years.
$2 million keeping a Pcom family from having their day in court.

But there are bright possibilities at the film studio... If we collect $450 / hour more than we did last year for 40 hours a week, 50 weeks this year we will cover the $900,000 lose. But there's a flaw to my formula. I forgot we borrowed enough on the bond to make the payments for 2 years. So I guess we have begun making the payments from the film studio check book? Hopefully I'm wrong, I did hear in the last IBA meeting the film studio is in the black. I hope I am wrong and the film studio ends up this fiscal year doing great.
  • mei lan likes this
Retired. I only work 12 noon to 1pm.
Most days I take an hour lunch break.
John Hyden
770-366-1552

#14 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:47 AM

pubby

Pubby Will you ever learn?  Since day one David Austin has attempted to blame this entire mess on Delta Airlines.. This is merely a façade to cover up the real deal that him and his brother Boykin Austin attempted to pull over on the citizens of Paulding County and Dallas Georgia.

Folks found out about the secret meetings, secret flights, secret off sites, secret millions being spent on the Airport and at the same time raising taxes in the City of Dallas, and Paulding County, secret thousands spent on air shows and canceling the annual fire works shows, secret land deals, secret funding of the airport day to day operations, and I could go on and on about the secrets of this administration,and the  method that the past administration handled the entire airport and film studio deal.

When David Austin and his brother Boykin Austin got caught with their hands in the cookie jar, What other recourse did they have?  A true blue politician has to attempt to divert the citizens attention away from the true issues IE....... the secret way that the entire deal was handled. And the easiest way was to blame it on Delta Airlines.  Try to obscure the real facts,  find a boogey man and divert attention, hell man you been in politics long enough to realize a cover up when you see one!!!

These deals are a matter of record, the contract was signed in October and November 2012, And they secretly began construction on the airport facility to change it from a General Aviation Airport to a Commercial Passenger Airport almost a full year before it was ever announced to the citizens of Paulding County. Not to mention the fact that they secretly kept this fact from the Commissioner whose Post covered the Airport facility.

The announcement would of been later than that had the IBA not ran out of Tax dollars to do the entire conversion for passenger service and the County was going to have to float a bond of about $4,000,000 to complete just the runway expansion, and certainly does not cover millions more for the terminal expansion, control tower, fire protection,sewerage, water. gas, etc all of which is necessary for commercial passenger service...... You see..... they are still being deceitful in their dealings and have refused to allow the citizens to know what the ongoing cost is... I know... the 5 year plan calls for a $34,000,000 (MILLION) expansion... How much of that will the tax payers be expected to pay???

All the Millions spent close to $75,000,000 we have created 3 jobs the Airport director full time, his administrative assistants full time a FBO operator which I am told also works for the County full time, and attempted to remove all  administrative duties from the Board of Commissioners through a Inter governmental agreement that is sure to result in a law suit

Get real PUBBY..... Delta did not create this monster, the Austin boys did this along with the help of the PCAA and the IBA, time to cut the losses on this pet project funded by the taxpayers of Paulding County, On behalf of the Austin boys

• Gone, mrshoward, Gracie'sdaddy and 6 others like this
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has Margaret Mead

"And believe you me, if there was going to be airliners I would not be a part of this, never ever would I be a part of this"

#15 tundra

tundra

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:11 AM

^^^^ Awesome post Whitey!  Typical politician response.  Don't look at me<---------- look here instead -------------->  See how bad they are. 

Bring on the jobs, bring on the business leave the commercial flights at Hartsfield.

I OPPOSE COMMERCIAL AIR SERVICE. Protect Paulding County 

#16 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:25 AM

Well were pretty sure we know who's paying for the expense of defending the project. 

In fact considering all the money five elected commissioners have managed to throw at lawyers the last few years I surprised we haven't seen more new law offices sprout up in Paulding.

Pfft...they don't need no more stinkin' lawyers when they have the powerhouse behind them. But excellent purnt.

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

William Shakespeare, Sonnet 116

#17 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:57 AM

Sounds to me as if the county is going to be paying lawyers either way, either defending the project or defending the attempt to end the project.  

That advantage is that if the BOC manages to the end the project we don't have to have our taxes guarantee millions in bonds that we are very likely to end up having to pay anyway with a deluxe unused facility when Propeller goes bankrupt and bails when it doesn't work leaving us with the mess. 

On another note, it is interesting to confirm why the old BOC split off the AA from their control, the immediate response of Austin that it would be illegal for the new BOC to interfere with the AA or change it makes that very clear.

• LPPT, radiohead and tundra like this

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#18 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,769 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:24 AM

The demands from the three seemed to catch Chairman David Austin off guard and he asked the leader of the uprising, Todd Pownall, why he didn't come to him before the meeting to have the issues put on the agenda

:rofl:   that is all i have...  :rofl: 

• tundra likes this
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#19 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:31 AM

There is only one didn't you know that?   The Commission can't seem to find another one. :search:

• The Sound Guy, WHITEY and tundra like this

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~~George Orwell

There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.........

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."~~ Edward R. Murrow   

#20 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,439 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:57 PM

Pubby Will you ever learn?  Since day one David Austin has attempted to blame this entire mess on Delta Airlines.. This is merely a façade to cover up the real deal that him and his brother Boykin Austin attempted to pull over on the citizens of Paulding County and Dallas Georgia.

Folks found out about the secret meetings, secret flights, secret off sites, secret millions being spent on the Airport and at the same time raising taxes in the City of Dallas, and Paulding County, secret thousands spent on air shows and canceling the annual fire works shows, secret land deals, secret funding of the airport day to day operations, and I could go on and on about the secrets of this administration,and the  method that the past administration handled the entire airport and film studio deal.

When David Austin and his brother Boykin Austin got caught with their hands in the cookie jar, What other recourse did they have?  A true blue politician has to attempt to divert the citizens attention away from the true issues IE....... the secret way that the entire deal was handled. And the easiest way was to blame it on Delta Airlines.  Try to obscure the real facts,  find a boogey man and divert attention, hell man you been in politics long enough to realize a cover up when you see one!!!

These deals are a matter of record, the contract was signed in October and November 2012, And they secretly began construction on the airport facility to change it from a General Aviation Airport to a Commercial Passenger Airport almost a full year before it was ever announced to the citizens of Paulding County. Not to mention the fact that they secretly kept this fact from the Commissioner whose Post covered the Airport facility.

The announcement would of been later than that had the IBA not ran out of Tax dollars to do the entire conversion for passenger service and the County was going to have to float a bond of about $4,000,000 to complete just the runway expansion, and certainly does not cover millions more for the terminal expansion, control tower, fire protection,sewerage, water. gas, etc all of which is necessary for commercial passenger service...... You see..... they are still being deceitful in their dealings and have refused to allow the citizens to know what the ongoing cost is... I know... the 5 year plan calls for a $34,000,000 (MILLION) expansion... How much of that will the tax payers be expected to pay???

All the Millions spent close to $75,000,000 we have created 3 jobs the Airport director full time, his administrative assistants full time a FBO operator which I am told also works for the County full time, and attempted to remove all  administrative duties from the Board of Commissioners through a Inter governmental agreement that is sure to result in a law suit

Get real PUBBY..... Delta did not create this monster, the Austin boys did this along with the help of the PCAA and the IBA, time to cut the losses on this pet project funded by the taxpayers of Paulding County, On behalf of the Austin boys

Whitey,

It ain't paranoia if it is true.

What isn't true is that the Austin brothers have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar.  If so, where are the charges and indictments for malfeasance?  There aren't any.

Since there is no truth to that, there is no truth to the rest of your scribbling.

I know that the Austin's have, over the course of the last six years, had to make many hard decisions; decisions that made a lot of folks who moved to a slow, rural county in the decades since the 80s mad.  We all know that you don't want Paulding, as you predicted many times in your other screeds, to become another Clayton County - a county that changed from 90 percent white dominate to one where whites, who now comprise about 45 percent of the population, are considered a minority. 

Further you and most of the others consider an airport as one level below that of a landfill as a part of the infrastructure of a modern community. You feel, and with some justification, the same as the leaders in the metro who believe that HJIA ought to the sole location for a commercial airport in the Atlanta market.  Your opposition is motivated by your NIMBY attitude.

However, the lawsuits and funding for them at the state and federal level brought by the tony Atlanta law firms were not funded by NIMBY's.  This is because there are multiple interests in play.  Yours being the "Not in my backyard" variety.

Delta and other forces in the city of Atlanta, of which Paulding has largely been excluded and our lack of Interstate transportation being a prime example.  The forces downtown are jealous of their funding streams and they know they need every bit of moxie they and the state of Georgia can muster to fund another triply expensive expansion of HJIA ... i.e. buying and destroying even more neighborhoods to add  even a single runway could cost tens of billions of dollars.  Having an alternative available in a less densely developed area would offer great cost savings to the Federal government but it would dilute the dominant power of Delta's investment in HJIA.

The point is that is the real war/conflict going on and there are tens of billions of dollars in resources at stake because Atlanta, as the only one-airport town in the top twenty markets is the 'outlier' and exception that provides the private business that anchors that facility to make exorbitant profits. 

The self-importance of NIMBY's leads you all as a group to oppose the long term economic benefit to the county.  The most notable aspect in apparent victory, however, is the hubris you exhibit by thinking that you did it alone. We know this because of the consistent denials that forces outside the county were instrumental in your success. 

pubby

#21 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:38 PM

Atlanta is the only top 20 market city without a 2nd airport, because Mayor Hartsfield and Mayor Allen, along with the Powers that Be on top of Atlanta's working capital, including CE Woolman, major stock hold of Delta, all worked well together and planned Atlanta's airport well.

The original location was as I recall a dirt auto race track, surrounded by a whole lot of flat land, situated reasonably close to downtown Atlanta. And, the decisions were made in the 50s and 60s that Clayton county would be the victim.

All the other 2 airport cities built their initial airports in landlocked geographies, and too close to their downtown cores to be able to expand as air transportation grew. We had Hartsfield, Woolman, Woodruff and Allen.  

When they bought the Paulding and Henry county property as a hedge for a future airport down the road, it was always a BACK UP PLAN.  Never was there any concerted or serious effort to actually develope one of those sites, with all of the money and effort going into the existing Atlanta Airport.

And wisely so for efficiency, although more competition would be nice to have.

But it ain't gonna happen. Not yesterday, today or tomorrow. Way, way too much money at stake to see a serious 2nd airport threat short of Birmingham or Chattanooga. And the Austins, with their infinite wisdom are not going to change any of that. Out of their league.

• Brian and WHITEY like this
When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

#22 Gone

Gone

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:20 PM

Whitey,

What isn't true is that the Austin brothers have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar.  

pubby

That's because they claim someone broke in and stole their cookie jars.

Edited by Gone, 14 January 2015 - 02:21 PM.

#23 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,439 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:16 PM

That's because they claim someone broke in and stole their cookie jars.

Actually, that was no doubt someone looking for a smoking gun, which one assumes would have surfaced (or they would have backed down.)

pubby

#24 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:19 PM

Whitey,

It ain't paranoia if it is true.

What isn't true is that the Austin brothers have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar.  If so, where are the charges and indictments for malfeasance?  There aren't any.

Since there is no truth to that, there is no truth to the rest of your scribbling.

I know that the Austin's have, over the course of the last six years, had to make many hard decisions; decisions that made a lot of folks who moved to a slow, rural county in the decades since the 80s mad.  We all know that you don't want Paulding, as you predicted many times in your other screeds, to become another Clayton County - a county that changed from 90 percent white dominate to one where whites, who now comprise about 45 percent of the population, are considered a minority. 

Further you and most of the others consider an airport as one level below that of a landfill as a part of the infrastructure of a modern community. You feel, and with some justification, the same as the leaders in the metro who believe that HJIA ought to the sole location for a commercial airport in the Atlanta market.  Your opposition is motivated by your NIMBY attitude.

However, the lawsuits and funding for them at the state and federal level brought by the tony Atlanta law firms were not funded by NIMBY's.  This is because there are multiple interests in play.  Yours being the "Not in my backyard" variety.

Delta and other forces in the city of Atlanta, of which Paulding has largely been excluded and our lack of Interstate transportation being a prime example.  The forces downtown are jealous of their funding streams and they know they need every bit of moxie they and the state of Georgia can muster to fund another triply expensive expansion of HJIA ... i.e. buying and destroying even more neighborhoods to add  even a single runway could cost tens of billions of dollars.  Having an alternative available in a less densely developed area would offer great cost savings to the Federal government but it would dilute the dominant power of Delta's investment in HJIA.

The point is that is the real war/conflict going on and there are tens of billions of dollars in resources at stake because Atlanta, as the only one-airport town in the top twenty markets is the 'outlier' and exception that provides the private business that anchors that facility to make exorbitant profits. 

The self-importance of NIMBY's leads you all as a group to oppose the long term economic benefit to the county.  The most notable aspect in apparent victory, however, is the hubris you exhibit by thinking that you did it alone. We know this because of the consistent denials that forces outside the county were instrumental in your success. 

pubby

Pubby Are you trying to play the race card ? Shame on you !!!

Do know that the HJIA actually collects billions of taxes just on a boarding pass and the other fees associated with the purchase of a airline ticket, in return they are entitled to a lions share of the Dollars to keep the airport running smoothly.

Having said that whoever made the decision to secretly. (sometimes in special called meetings before the crack of dawn)  take on the City of Atlanta and attempt to take a million passengers a year away from them and their airport made one of the stupidest error in judgment  that I have ever seen. I know that David Austin voted to do it , and his brother made the motion secretly to do it and also voted for it.

HJIA is a huge employer of the city and the counties surrounding them, and certainly was going to fight to save those jobs and the associated taxes/fees that come with those million passengers. anyone not taking that fight into consideration were well just stupid to think that the City was not going to put up a fight to protect their interest.

Of course  some of our leaders in the BOC, PCAA and the IBA have really made some bone head decisions In addition to the airport fiasco we also have the film studio in which millions were borrowed and it is also a complete flop with several millions down the drain.

Since the law provides that certain members are automatically on the PCAA and the IBA it is no surprise to me that that some of the same folks made these bone head decisions, If memory serves me the Austin boys serve on both authorities and were a party to both of those bone headed decisions.

This is not a NIMBY issue for me, This will affect the entire county, just like it has affected Clayton County and Fulton County.

Take a tour of the parking lots of the establishments that the IBA and the Chamber have used tax dollars to subsidize and you will see a vast number of the employees are not from Paulding County, But rather commuted here and got those jobs, we pay for those jobs and outside folks take them. Heck the Airport  Director dose not even live in the county, Heck a lot of the top paid county staff employees do not even live here and pay taxes here.

• Brian, crossroads and radiohead like this

#25 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:51 PM

Atlanta is the only top 20 market city without a 2nd airport, because Mayor Hartsfield and Mayor Allen, along with the Powers that Be on top of Atlanta's working capital, including CE Woolman, major stock hold of Delta, all worked well together and planned Atlanta's airport well.

The original location was as I recall a dirt auto race track, surrounded by a whole lot of flat land, situated reasonably close to downtown Atlanta. And, the decisions were made in the 50s and 60s that Clayton county would be the victim.

All the other 2 airport cities built their initial airports in landlocked geographies, and too close to their downtown cores to be able to expand as air transportation grew. We had Hartsfield, Woolman, Woodruff and Allen.  

When they bought the Paulding and Henry county property as a hedge for a future airport down the road, it was always a BACK UP PLAN.  Never was there any concerted or serious effort to actually develope one of those sites, with all of the money and effort going into the existing Atlanta Airport.

And wisely so for efficiency, although more competition would be nice to have.

But it ain't gonna happen. Not yesterday, today or tomorrow. Way, way too much money at stake to see a serious 2nd airport threat short of Birmingham or Chattanooga. And the Austins, with their infinite wisdom are not going to change any of that. Out of their league.

I agree them Austin boys are way out of their league

#26 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:28 PM

Sounds to me as if the county is going to be paying lawyers either way, either defending the project or defending the attempt to end the project.  

That advantage is that if the BOC manages to the end the project we don't have to have our taxes guarantee millions in bonds that we are very likely to end up having to pay anyway with a deluxe unused facility when Propeller goes bankrupt and bails when it doesn't work leaving us with the mess. 

I am tired of paying taxes that are going to lawyers to defend this deal.  I very much agree with you about the choices.  Time to stop this.  Past time!

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~~George Orwell

#27 Concerned Pldg Resident

Concerned Pldg Resident

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:30 PM

It's amazing to read some of the post...WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?  Todd has been against Growth in Paulding and the Airport expansion FROM DAY ONE!  He worked hard getting out of county $$$ to finance Vernon & Tony getting elected.  This was nothing more than a blindsided power play on their part and and end of day...MEANS NOTHING!  The Airport can (and will) move forward with or without the backing of the commissioners!  Propeller Investments announced today that they plan to continue BUSINESS AS USUAL and have the same time line for Commercial Flights!  

Nice try Todd but that was your LAST card to play!

#28 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

Finally, someone is posting with some bold and color.
  • mei lan likes this
"If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment."
"The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself."

#29 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:42 PM

It's amazing to read some of the post...WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?  Todd has been against Growth in Paulding and the Airport expansion FROM DAY ONE!  He worked hard getting out of county $$$ to finance Vernon & Tony getting elected.  This was nothing more than a blindsided power play on their part and and end of day...MEANS NOTHING!  The Airport can (and will) move forward with or without the backing of the commissioners!  Propeller Investments announced today that they plan to continue BUSINESS AS USUAL and have the same time line for Commercial Flights!  

Business as usual...I guess that means they still expect PC to keep paying them money.
  • NewsJunky likes this

#30 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,439 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:50 PM

Pubby Are you trying to play the race card ? Shame on you !!!

Do know that the HJIA actually collects billions of taxes just on a boarding pass and the other fees associated with the purchase of a airline ticket, in return they are entitled to a lions share of the Dollars to keep the airport running smoothly.

Having said that whoever made the decision to secretly. (sometimes in special called meetings before the crack of dawn)  take on the City of Atlanta and attempt to take a million passengers a year away from them and their airport made one of the stupidest error in judgment  that I have ever seen. I know that David Austin voted to do it , and his brother made the motion secretly to do it and also voted for it.

HJIA is a huge employer of the city and the counties surrounding them, and certainly was going to fight to save those jobs and the associated taxes/fees that come with those million passengers. anyone not taking that fight into consideration were well just stupid to think that the City was not going to put up a fight to protect their interest.

Of course  some of our leaders in the BOC, PCAA and the IBA have really made some bone head decisions In addition to the airport fiasco we also have the film studio in which millions were borrowed and it is also a complete flop with several millions down the drain.

Since the law provides that certain members are automatically on the PCAA and the IBA it is no surprise to me that that some of the same folks made these bone head decisions, If memory serves me the Austin boys serve on both authorities and were a party to both of those bone headed decisions.

This is not a NIMBY issue for me, This will affect the entire county, just like it has affected Clayton County and Fulton County.

Take a tour of the parking lots of the establishments that the IBA and the Chamber have used tax dollars to subsidize and you will see a vast number of the employees are not from Paulding County, But rather commuted here and got those jobs, we pay for those jobs and outside folks take them. Heck the Airport  Director dose not even live in the county, Heck a lot of the top paid county staff employees do not even live here and pay taxes here.

I agree them Austin boys are way out of their league

Wow, Whitey, that is your best argument I've heard on this issue yet from the anti-airport folks.

Basically, this is how I read it. 

We would be stupid to think that we could have anything that could compete with the biggest commercial airport in the world. Those folks down there in Atlanta would whup our butts big time.  Heck, you'd probably be right to think that the reason that David Austin kept it so hush, hush was because he was afraid that those folks down there would find out about it and gum things up with slick lawyers and some well placed campaigns.   Because we're so weak as a community, all they'd have to do is look around for some rivalries, spread some money around and easily defeat it because we so puny and weak.  Why I bet it was their plan to squash any idea we could do anything extraordinary and leave us chuckling about having to pay for our stupidity, or is it audacity.

Your experience in Clayton county shows that is exactly how that happens.  You know who these people are. You saw them change what was an idyllic community - a Bedford Falls so to speak - into the living hell of Pottersville ... and for the same reasons. (Undue economic power of a major player that runs roughshod over the hopes, dreams and concerns of the good people.)

And as surepip pointed out, even there it all started so innocently. Yes, the future home of HJIA was initially a small-time oval dirt track that hosted jalopies in the days when NASCAR was still a dream.

Indeed dreams, aspirations and even the notion that anyone out here is good enough to do anything other than plod along like a bunch of sheep, keeping our heads down and taking orders from our betters is your reality.  You were in the rat race there, you moved here to get out of the rat race and the idea of the rat race coming to town was not acceptable.  

I understand that. It is a bit depressing but I think that it probably comes closer to the truth of the attitudes the anti-airport people have about the community and airport than anything else written about this conflict.

We're just not good enough, smart enough and not enough people like us to even pulling off a success like a commercial airport because, well, we're losers ... or at least those who lead us toward that goal were.

I disagree... but it is pretty clear to me that a lot of folks fighting the airport accepted this attitude whether they will admit it or not.

pubby

#31 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:58 PM

I think you will find more opposition and if I were you I would not be so sure.  As I said some of us have had enough!  Our tax dollars need to be spent on other things.

• WHITEY and radiohead like this

#32 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:05 PM

Below is a copy of the actual resolution passed in yesterdays Board of Commissioners  meeting

://www.savepauldingco.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/BOC-Resolution-2015-01.pdf

#33 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:14 PM

Been wondering where the Naysayers for Anti Commercialization were.

I don't know if I can speak for Todd, but I can definitely tell you most of the anti commercialization people are indeed very pro-industrial/manufacturing growth. And as far as I know, Todd is also, just no more pouring piss [money money money] out of their boot trying to light the economic flame is not going to work.

CPR:

This is by far not the last salvo.....just the first of many to come.

Welcome to a new era for Paulding county.!!!!!

• WHITEY, mei lan and tundra like this

#34 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:23 PM

I thought you had been converted and wanted to join the Airport group...... here is the facts Todd Pownall , Vernon Collett and Tony Crowe have a handful of cards to play and will be playing them pretty soon.

Do know that this group got elected with all three of them getting landslide victories in their respective post and all ran opposed to the commercial passenger service.

ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES   a majority of the commissioners oppose  commercial passenger service, Just like David and Boyd Austin were at one point opposed to a airport period..

If you think this is over now , then you are not nearly as smart as I thought you were

• tundra likes this

#35 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

Wow, Whitey, that is your best argument I've heard on this issue yet from the anti-airport folks.

Basically, this is how I read it. 

We would be stupid to think that we could have anything that could compete with the biggest commercial airport in the world. Those folks down there in Atlanta would whup our butts big time.  Heck, you'd probably be right to think that the reason that David Austin kept it so hush, hush was because he was afraid that those folks down there would find out about it and gum things up with slick lawyers and some well placed campaigns.   Because we're so weak as a community, all they'd have to do is look around for some rivalries, spread some money around and easily defeat it because we so puny and weak.  Why I bet it was their plan to squash any idea we could do anything extraordinary and leave us chuckling about having to pay for our stupidity, or is it audacity.

Your experience in Clayton county shows that is exactly how that happens.  You know who these people are. You saw them change what was an idyllic community - a Bedford Falls so to speak - into the living hell of Pottersville ... and for the same reasons. (Undue economic power of a major player that runs roughshod over the hopes, dreams and concerns of the good people.)

And as surepip pointed out, even there it all started so innocently. Yes, the future home of HJIA was initially a small-time oval dirt track that hosted jalopies in the days when NASCAR was still a dream.

Indeed dreams, aspirations and even the notion that anyone out here is good enough to do anything other than plod along like a bunch of sheep, keeping our heads down and taking orders from our betters is your reality.  You were in the rat race there, you moved here to get out of the rat race and the idea of the rat race coming to town was not acceptable.  

I understand that. It is a bit depressing but I think that it probably comes closer to the truth of the attitudes the anti-airport people have about the community and airport than anything else written about this conflict.

We're just not good enough, smart enough and not enough people like us to even pulling off a success like a commercial airport because, well, we're losers ... or at least those who lead us toward that goal were.

I disagree... but it is pretty clear to me that a lot of folks fighting the airport accepted this attitude whether they will admit it or not.

pubby

I new you would misunderstand,  I really do not believe that the tax payers of this county will agree to pay higher taxes just to see the alleged two flights per week , nor do I think the citizens of this County agree with your analogy of what you contend my last post means.

You really need to put forth more efforts in your posts......A good place to start is to be open, Honest , and transparent in your post

You ran a campaign as a supporter of the airport and you were very soundly defeated, In fact it was the largest landside obtained in that election cycle you lost the anti airport candidates won...... elections have consequences stay tuned it is our time now!!!

#36 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,658 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:45 PM

I new you would misunderstand,  I really do not believe that the tax payers of this county will agree to pay higher taxes just to see the alleged two flights per week , nor do I think the citizens of this County agree with your analogy of what you contend my last post means.

You really need to put forth more efforts in your posts......A good place to start is to be open, Honest , and transparent in your post

You ran a campaign as a supporter of the airport and you were very soundly defeated, In fact it was the largest landside obtained in that election cycle you lost the anti airport candidates won...... elections have consequences stay tuned it is our time now!!!

So heres my question, is the airport issue over with now or are going to see years of long drawn out -and horrendously expensive- litigation ahead ? 

• markdavd likes this

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#37 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:49 PM

So heres my question, is the airport issue over with now or are going to see years of long drawn out -and horrendously expensive- litigation ahead ? 

I don't think it will be over until Propeller throws in the towel.  How much it costs to get out of the deal remains to be seen but I don't think the Commissioners who ran on this are going to go back on their promises. 

#38 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,658 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:53 PM

I don't think it will be over until Propeller throws in the towel.  How much it costs to get out of the deal remains to be seen but I don't think the Commissioners who ran on this are going to go back on their promises. 

So it's a lose lose proposition as far as the taxpayers are concerned. 

• markdavd, lowrider and mrnn like this

#39 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:57 PM

So it's a lose lose proposition as far as the taxpayers are concerned. 

I think either way it will cost us but I still believe getting out at this point will cost far less.  JMO

#40 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,658 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:07 PM

I think either way it will cost us but I still believe getting out at this point will cost far less.  JMO

Assuming after years of fighting it in court the county wins the case.

• markdavd likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PCBOC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics