Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
lowrider

WHAT IS A POLICEMAN? By Paul Harvey

This is for all of the Civil Servants that serve selflessly and never know when they walk out of the door of their home if they will be returning.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEvZBKwvE0k

What Are Policemen Made Of? By Paul Harvey

.Don't credit me with this mongrel prose; it has many parents; at least 420,000 of them: Police Officers.
A police officer is a composite of what all men are, a mingling of saint and sinner, dust and deity.

Culled statistics wave the fan over the stinkers, underscore instances of dishonestly and brutality because they are "news." What that really means is that they are exceptional, unusual, not commonplace.

Buried under the froth is the fact: Less than one-half of 1 percent of officers misfit that uniform.

That's a better average than you'd find among clergymen.

What is a officer made of? He, of all men, is at once the most needed and the most unwanted.

He's a strangely nameless creature who is "sir" to his face and "pig" behind his back.

He must be such a diplomat that he can settle differences between individuals so that each will think he won

But.....

If the policeman is neat, he's conceited; if he's careless, he's a bum.

If he's pleasant, he's a flirt; if he's not, he's a grouch.

He must make in an instant decisions which would require months for a lawyer.

But.....

If he hurries, he's careless; if he's deliberate, he's lazy.

He must be first to an accident and infallible with a diagnosis.

He must be able to start breathing, stop bleeding, tie splints and, about all, be sure the victim goes home without a limp.

Or expect to be sued.

The police officer must know every gun, draw on the run, and hit where it doesn't hurt.

He must be able to whip two men twice his size and half his age without damaging his uniform and without being "brutal."

If you hit him, he's a coward, if he hits you, he's a bully.

A police officer must know everything -- and not tell.

He must know where all the sin is -- and not partake.

The policeman must, from a single human hair, be able to describe the crime, the weapon and the criminal -- and tell you where the criminal is hiding.

But.....

If he catches the criminal, he's lucky; if he doesn't, he's a dunce.

If he gets promoted, he has political pull; if he doesn't, he's a dullard.

The policeman must chase bum leads to a dead end, stake out 10 nights to tag one witness who saw it happen -- but refuses to remember.

He runs files and writes reports until his eyes ache to build a case against some felon who'll get dealed out by a shameless shamus or an "honorable" who isn't.

The police officer must be a minister, a social worker, a diplomat, a tough guy, and a gentleman.

And of course he'll have to be a genius...

For he'll have to do it on a policeman's salary.

By Paul Harvey

• Like 5

The police are our friends not our enemies, without them there is no law, no protection from criminals except for the law of the jungle. Postman, you can sleep at nights without having to stand guard over your property all the time, because there are police to keep the evildoers in jail and off the streets. There is the old saying that locks keep honest people honest, so the police keep the criminals from stealing what is yours or from killing you.

• Like 1

The police are our friends not our enemies, without them there is no law, no protection from criminals except for the law of the jungle. Postman, you can sleep at nights without having to stand guard over your property all the time, because there are police to keep the evildoers in jail and off the streets. There is the old saying that locks keep honest people honest, so the police keep the criminals from stealing what is yours or from killing you.

Speak for yourself, gt!

There are some cops who are my friends, but there are some who are not my friends. Just like the ones in Habersham county Georgia, who injured a baby boy with a million dollars worth of medical care to keep him alive, and left the baby's family holding the bag for the incoming medical bills.

Speak for yourself, gt!

There are some cops who are my friends, but there are some who are not my friends. Just like the ones in Habersham county Georgia, who injured a baby boy with a million dollars worth of medical care to keep him alive, and left the baby's family holding the bag for the incoming medical bills.

I do speak for myself, no one tells me what to write or not write, but my writings are not the deranged rambling of someone separated from reality like yourself.

I do speak for myself, no one tells me what to write or not write, but my writings are not the deranged rambling of someone separated from reality like yourself.

Is your name our? You said Police are our friends. Well there are some of them that ain't my friend. They are killers of unarmed people, and back shooters, sometimes.

Is your name our? You said Police are our friends. Well there are some of them that ain't my friend. They are killers of unarmed people, and back shooters, sometimes.

You have been asked very politely, by the OP, to not be negative in this thread towards LE.

While I understand the freedom of speech, I also understand politeness and respect for others, as I know you do also.

I am sure that after further thought about the matter, you will respect lowriders's request and refrain from posting negative things about LE in this thread.

I know you are passionate, but I also know you respect other people and their feelings and requests.

• Like 3

You have been asked very politely, by the OP, to not be negative in this thread towards LE.

While I understand the freedom of speech, I also understand politeness and respect for others, as I know you do also.

I am sure that after further thought about the matter, you will respect lowriders's request and refrain from posting negative things about LE in this thread.

I know you are passionate, but I also know you respect other people and their feelings and requests.

I have a great respect for lowrider, but I'm a paying member of P.com, also, stradial!

I stand up, speak out, and talk back, when one side of Law Enforcement is supported against the other side. Low is right, that there are good cops, but it does not lesson the fact that police who are not good police should be held accountable - And, that mat have to be by the media, because civility in the justice department has the entire country wondering about their civil servants.

When P.com used to issue May-berries, low had nearly 40, while I was 4 in the hole. She is still high class, compared to me. But, I am still a member.

Edited by The Postman

I have a great respect for lowrider, but I'm a paying member of P.com, also, stradial!

I stand up, speak out, and talk back, when one side of Law Enforcement is supported against the other side. Low is right, that there are good cops, but it does not lesson the fact that police who are not good police should be held accountable - And, that mat have to be by the media, because civility in the justice department has the entire country wondering about their civil servants.

When P.com used to issue May-berries, low had nearly 40, while I was 4 in the hole. She is still high class, compared to me. But, I am still a member.

What does being a paid member have to do with anything?