Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
gpatt0n

I wanted to see "the Interview" and this sukka ruined it

I'm sure you've heard that the North Koreans, under the spell of the short fat guy that inherited his role as the God of the north, were responsible for hacking the chickens at Sony Entertainment who, along with the idiots at the major theater chains, folded when the word was issued they were going to bomb movies houses.

I have to give it to Youtube, though, I found this bit of parody of the prick ... actually there are two I'll show you ...

The next one is a bit more profane ...some bad words.

There are more... and I'm looking to be inspired.

pubby

I think it sucks that Sony caved. I probably wouldn't have seen the movie for awhile but it did look pretty good. Paramount banned theaters from showing Team America in its place as well. Bunch of pansies.

I think everybody should mock his crazy arse and snow him under with crap like that. Also, mediaite (IIRC) has a list of 6 other films mocking the norks that they didn't have a cow ov over. But I get the idea that this new kid is truly unhinged.

I think it sucks that Sony caved. I probably wouldn't have seen the movie for awhile but it did look pretty good. Paramount banned theaters from showing Team America in its place as well. Bunch of pansies.

I think everybody should mock his crazy arse and snow him under with crap like that. Also, mediaite (IIRC) has a list of 6 other films mocking the norks that they didn't have a cow ov over. But I get the idea that this new kid is truly unhinged.

Yet the right asserts that 'corporations' are people but unlike real people, some of whom have courage, I don't think you'll find 'any' coporate 'managers' with anything other than a wide yellow streak up their back. (I can recall Arhtur Ochs Sulzberger or Katherine Graham who owned controlling interests exhibiting courage but can you think of any corporation not run by the founder or founders' family that has any balls at all?)

And yet these are the folks that we're counting on to value liberty and freedom.

pubby

It is interesting that a country in which half the population has never even seen a movie, stops a movie from being shown.

Heck, the majority of N Korea's population doesn't even have electricity.

What would the loss to the world be if we nuked N Korea out of existence?

Except to make the world safer.

• Like 1

It is interesting that a country in which has the population has never even seen a movie, stops a movie from being shown.

Heck, the majority of N Korea's population doesn't even have electricity.

What would the loss to the world be if we nuked N Korea out of existence?

Except to make the world safer.

Nuke North Korea over a movie? Really?

Before Sony caved, the top 5 theater companies said they would not show it in their theaters in fear of retaliation from N. Korea. With those companies not willing to show it in their theaters, what was Sony to do? I think they shouldn't shelve it. If theaters are too chicken sheeze to show it, then release it straight to DVD. It will sell like hotcakes. "The movie banned by North Korea, movie theater chains, and Sony can now be seen on DVD!!!"

Before Sony caved, the top 5 theater companies said they would not show it in their theaters in fear of retaliation from N. Korea. With those companies not willing to show it in their theaters, what was Sony to do? I think they shouldn't shelve it. If theaters are too chicken cheeze to show it, then release it straight to DVD. It will sell like hotcakes. "The movie banned by North Korea, movie theater chains, and Sony can now be seen on DVD!!!"

You're right - I meant to mention that. In an earthshaking moment, I completely agreed with George Clooney, who was trying to get support from Hollywood for Sony, but nobody would help. I say again, what a bunch of pansies. Excellent idea about releasing straight to DVD...it'll be all over Netflix, DirecTV, etc., and MANY, MANY people will buy a copy who otherwise never would.

Nah...just out of general principles. :D

I was just making the point that the only thing that N Korea has to offer the world is problems, the movie is just an example.

If we nuke N Korea, then I suggest we also include the idiots who made this movie at the same time.

I was just making the point that the only thing that N Korea has to offer the world is problems, the movie is just an example.

If we nuke N Korea, then I suggest we also include the idiots who made this movie at the same time.

Hun, you're nuke happy. :)

Here's a good story about George Clooney skewering the Hollywood crowd for not backing Sony, and he gets to some real issues here. Sean Penn and Aaron Sorkin also make good points, although I don't want to see the UN involved in it as Penn seems to want. Money quote from Clooney:

'And people are still talking about dumb emails. Understand what is going on right now, because the world just changed on your watch, and you weren't even paying attention.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2880366/George-Clooney-reveals-Hollywood-names-refused-sign-petition-supporting-Sony-Kim-Jong-comedy-Interview-afraid-targeted-well.html

• Like 1

I would have gone to watch the movie in a theater just to piss North Korea off. If they had bombed one of our theaters here in the states, that would have been a true act of war, but unfortunately the Idiot in charge has disarmed our military so much I not sure we enough left to fight even North Korea. In my opinion, the cyper attack on Sony, a U.S. company with it's offices on our soil, was a act of war on the U.S.

Here's a good story about George Clooney skewering the Hollywood crowd for not backing Sony, and he gets to some real issues here. Sean Penn and Aaron Sorkin also make good points, although I don't want to see the UN involved in it as Penn seems to want. Money quote from Clooney:

'And people are still talking about dumb emails. Understand what is going on right now, because the world just changed on your watch, and you weren't even paying attention.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2880366/George-Clooney-reveals-Hollywood-names-refused-sign-petition-supporting-Sony-Kim-Jong-comedy-Interview-afraid-targeted-well.html

Freedom of expression is a think I will take up arms for. I was just told, by a friend of mine, to refrain from my free speech, in their topic of discussion.

Edited by The Postman

Wired Magazine published an analysis that makes the point that, using the old walks like a duck logic, North Korea may really be telling the truth when they say they were not responsible.

Sony and FBI Deny Connection to North Korea

First of all, Sony and the FBI have announced that they’ve found no evidence so far to tie North Korea to the attack. 2 New reports, however, indicate that intelligence officials who are not permitted to speak on the record have concluded that the North Koreans are behind the hack. But they have provided no evidence to support this and without knowing even what agency the officials belong to, it’s difficult to know what to make of the claim. And we should point out that intelligence agencies and government officials have jumped to hasty conclusions or misled the public in the past because it was politically expedient.

Nation-state attacks aren’t generally as noisy, or announce themselves with an image of a blazing skeleton posted to infected computers, as occurred in the Sony hack. Nor do they use a catchy nom-de-hack like Guardians of Peace to identify themselves. Nation-state attackers also generally don’t chastise their victims for having poor security, as purported members of GOP have done in media interviews. Nor do such attacks involve posts of stolen data to Pastebin—the unofficial cloud repository of hackers—where sensitive company files belonging to Sony have been leaked. These are all hallmarks of hacktivists—groups like Anonymous and LulzSec, who thrive on targeting large corporations for ideological reasons or just the lulz, or by hackers sympathetic to a political cause.

Despite all of this, media outlets won’t let the North Korea narrative go ...

Bottom line, while there is a good chance that North Korea was involved ... maybe even was an independent player in a hack that featured several hacker groups ... I don't think the public has enough information to conclude that they are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Add to that uncertainty, that if there is a way to be certain ... i.e. some kind of direct information that came to the NSA because of their big pipe surveillance ... the government might not be able to make that information known without blowing processes and/or secrets.

We may be inclined to blame North Korea for this just as we blamed Iraq for WMDs ... because we were told to ... not because it is the truth.

pubby

Wired Magazine published an analysis that makes the point that, using the old walks like a duck logic, North Korea may really be telling the truth when they say they were not responsible.

Bottom line, while there is a good chance that North Korea was involved ... maybe even was an independent player in a hack that featured several hacker groups ... I don't think the public has enough information to conclude that they are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Add to that uncertainty, that if there is a way to be certain ... i.e. some kind of direct information that came to the NSA because of their big pipe surveillance ... the government might not be able to make that information known without blowing processes and/or secrets.

We may be inclined to blame North Korea for this just as we blamed Iraq for WMDs ... because we were told to ... not because it is the truth.

pubby

The FBI said that North Korea is responsible for the cyberattack on Sony Pictures. An FBI investigation linked the malware, infrastructure and techniques used by the Guardians of Peace in the Sony attack to previous North Korean cyberattacks.

The story is dated Sat December 20, 2014 5:43 PM EST. Link

Here's another story from the Daily Mail with each POV on who is behind it...if I had to say off the top of my head, I'd say independent hacker group, because well, it's North Korea. But I could be wrong. Sounds like it's still not settled...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2882240/Hacker-group-claiming-responsibility-Sony-attack-taunts-FBI-agency-pins-blame-North-Korea.html

North Korea is well known for state sponsored hacking.

The state trains hackers by the thousands.

The reason for this is simple, North Korea is a poor country and training hackers to cause problems, turmoil and confusion and to attack your enemies is a lot cheaper then sending missiles and armies.

It also allows for the possibility that the cyber attack did not even come from you.

North Korea is well known for state sponsored hacking.

The state trains hackers by the thousands.

The reason for this is simple, North Korea is a poor country and training hackers to cause problems, turmoil and confusion and to attack your enemies is a lot cheaper then sending missiles and armies.

It also allows for the possibility that the cyber attack did not even come from you.

... and they all stand in line to work on the five Atari computers in the country.

I'm sure they have more than a few old and obsolete atari computers, but hell, you've seen the satellite pictures ... they don't have electricity! ... or at least much electricity very often.

The point is that I'm not sure they have a printing press :) (they use electricity too) and that makes them comparatively invulnerable to a counter-hack. It also means that it is impractical to train a hundred much less a thousand hackers. The North Korean's are just not native digital people.

This is not to say they may not have some rare gold Dennis Rodman cards they can use to hire hackers from places where digital culture generates a ready and ample supply of digital natives.

North Korea does have 'an intranet' with limited connectivity for only select individuals to the overall Internet. I saw one report that said they had about 5500 'web sites' and, of course, it is highly censored.

Still, few opportunities for digital natives. Other aspects of their educational system also plays. I mean, have you ever seen these folks doing the goose-step with a hop?

pubby

Good one about the Atari computer. :D I read somewhere they think these NK hacker types work in China at sophisticated centers for such. IDK.

... and they all stand in line to work on the five Atari computers in the country.

I'm sure they have more than a few old and obsolete atari computers, but hell, you've seen the satellite pictures ... they don't have electricity! ... or at least much electricity very often.

The point is that I'm not sure they have a printing press :) (they use electricity too) and that makes them comparatively invulnerable to a counter-hack. It also means that it is impractical to train a hundred much less a thousand hackers. The North Korean's are just not native digital people.

This is not to say they may not have some rare gold Dennis Rodman cards they can use to hire hackers from places where digital culture generates a ready and ample supply of digital natives.

North Korea does have 'an intranet' with limited connectivity for only select individuals to the overall Internet. I saw one report that said they had about 5500 'web sites' and, of course, it is highly censored.

Still, few opportunities for digital natives. Other aspects of their educational system also plays. I mean, have you ever seen these folks doing the goose-step with a hop?

pubby

Look it up, one of their top hackers defected and he explains how he trained hackers.

The Plaza Theater, an independent house in Atlanta at the corner of North Avenue and Ponce, will be showing the film starting Christmas Day. Ticket sales are brisk, they said.

pubby

According to your description of N. Korea they still live in the dark ages and are a bunch of stupid people incapable of developing technology.

They do still live in the dark ages but it's because of the iron-fisted evil that rules them.

He keeps much of his people in the dark ages, but North Korea is advanced in technology. Their money goes mostly to advance the military. Don't sell N. Korea short when it comes to technology because these guys have some great scientists and engineers. Take a good look at their military capabilities and you will see that.

He keeps much of his people in the dark ages, but North Korea is advanced in technology. Their money goes mostly to advance the military. Don't sell N. Korea short when it comes to technology because these guys have some great scientists and engineers. Take a good look at their military capabilities and you will see that.

You left one of your ideas of the dark ages, E Z, when you left P.com. According to your thinking you thought people on here were stupid, and ignorant betrayers of the truth, but you come back. And, yes; you had your tail between your legs so far as to stick out in the front, while I was thinking it was a whopper.

Edited by The Postman

China's only statement so far has been the movie is not something we should be proud of and I have to agree. Or am I the only one that thinks making a comedy out of the assassination of a foreign nations leaders just a bit on the tasteless side ?

• Like 1

China's only statement so far has been the movie is not something we should be proud of and I have to agree. Or am I the only one that thinks making a comedy out of the assassination of a foreign nations leaders just a bit on the tasteless side ?

I could care less about making a movie about assassinating the N Korea leader, however, I am sure the movie is tasteless.

• Like 1

I could seriously care less about a crappy "Hollyweird" movie with crappy D-list stars in it. More main stream media hype to keep the uninformed voters eye on something trivial and off the destruction of our country by crooked ass politicians from both parties. North Korea is a stone aged country with zero clout and no economy. A Reagan like strong leader would bankrupt them in six months. The Russians were a hundred times more formidable than this spoiled brat buffoon in North Korea and we collapsed their entire Soviet Union structure. Grow a set Hussein O.

You are correct...I was thinking abou the poor average little people who suffer under this awful regime.

You're associating Seth Rogen with good taste? But I think the larger point is freedom of speech. I can't imagine anything Rogen is involved with as being anything other than crass, bad taste, rude, crude, etc.

According to your description of N. Korea they still live in the dark ages and are a bunch of stupid people incapable of developing technology.

No, they don't live in the dark ages.

They just don't have the extent and type of social capital that comes from a full generation of 100,000,000 5-20 year olds playing in the digital/virtual arena. I think the businessinsider article cited overstates that abilities of the hacker groups. I do suspect they've been thinking in these terms for 20-25 years at a 100 recruits a year. I'm sure they test them and train them but at most that puts their numbers at 2500 folks.

The most telling part of the article though was the notion put forward by the 'defector' that none of N Korean hackers - except of course himself - would even consider defecting because they have it so good. He made it sound so good you just got to know that he's lying.

I did note that businessinsider was featuring prominently articles predicting the unpredictable like the coming crash and other fear-mongering content which tells me they are right leaning (you know it sounds a lot like a newsmax for business.) I was especially impressed by their article suggesting that N. Korea has 100 literacy... which means they must bludgeon anyone who doesn't pass third grade ...

pubby

Believe them if you want but they're hyping and spinning.

I don't watch much TV or many movies but I have to say that I saw a commercial for this movie and I thought it looked funny. This guy treats his own people like garbage, I don't feel bad for a second.

• Like 1

Sony's first mistake was not using a fake dictator that resembles him, like it was done in that Sasha Baron Cohen movie. Now he could sue for using his name without permission and for royalties.

He's a public figger...pretty sure that would not apply.

Oh, the irony....

Well the absurdity, Glassdogs, is the notion that people truly excel in a society that worships the short fat guy like a God. This tells me that you're a closet totalitarian if you think this is a good system for mankind.

pubby