1Novella

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:55 AM

My letter to the administrations and some choosen folks at the central office:

To whom it may concern:

I have repeatedly reached out to my son's teachers over the past months, including his biology teacher Mr. :ninja: .

I have repeatedly informed the administration that this teacher, Mr. :ninja: , has never returned ANY of my attempts at communication.

This teacher completely disregarded the 504 meeting and did not attend.

He has now informed my son that he shouldn't have to communicate with the parents of his failing students.

You cannot imagine how frustrated I already was, and this has absolutely fueled a fire.

I don't think I need to explain to any of you what the law says.

Perhaps someone needs to explain it to Mr. :ph34r: .

Someone needs to contact me to today and explain why this attitude is not only apparently acceptable, but allowed to be communicated to students.

Can someone tell me why this guy still has a job?

You have to be nice first. When that doesn't work, you can be mean. Once you've been mean, noone will believe the nice anymore. So be nice, even if it hurts.
More life lessons from Anita:
There are some things more important than physical survival. You've got to be able to look yourself in the mirror.
Guns aren't designed for comfort. It's one of the few things that are worn by men, that are as uncomfortable as a pair of high heels.
Change is inevitable and leading change makes it positive. Availability is not a qualification. Hope is not a strategy. Potato chips are not a vegetable, and hot dogs are not a meat. Feedback is a gift, and anyone who "unfriends" you on Facebook because of a disagreement wasn't truly your friend at all.
Posted Image

#2 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:01 AM

Well, bless your heart, I hope you get some results. I literally cannot imagine dealing with public schools today.

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

William Shakespeare, Sonnet 116

#3 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:03 AM

If I were [name removed], I would call you immediately! 

Edited by Deputy Rafe Hollister, 18 December 2014 - 12:55 PM.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~~George Orwell

There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.........

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."~~ Edward R. Murrow   

#4 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:04 AM

Sent you a PM.

#5 1Novella

1Novella

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:08 AM

Sent you a PM.

haven't gotten one yet

• gog8tors likes this
You have to be nice first. When that doesn't work, you can be mean. Once you've been mean, noone will believe the nice anymore. So be nice, even if it hurts.
There are some things more important than physical survival. You've got to be able to look yourself in the mirror.
Guns aren't designed for comfort. It's one of the few things that are worn by men, that are as uncomfortable as a pair of high heels.
Change is inevitable and leading change makes it positive. Availability is not a qualification. Hope is not a strategy. Potato chips are not a vegetable, and hot dogs are not a meat. Feedback is a gift, and anyone who "unfriends" you on Facebook because of a disagreement wasn't truly your friend at all.
Posted Image

#6 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:14 AM

Call Cliff Cole if you have gone through the Principal and have still not received a response.  BOE does not handle day to day issues with the schools. 

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~~George Orwell

#7 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:15 AM

haven't gotten one yet

Check now

Call Cliff Cole if you have gone through the Principal and have still not received a response.  BOE does not handle day to day issues with the schools. 

She may not have to go that route yet. 

• NewsJunky likes this

#8 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,240 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:18 AM

Good luck!  I know the frustration, although my grandson's teachers weren't that bad.  The principal is bad.  The school is bad.  The morale is very bad.

We school choiced to SPHS and it's the best decision I ever made.  Wished I had done it when he started high school.

• orrby and NewsJunky like this

#9 1Novella

1Novella

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:28 AM

Good luck!  I know the frustration, although my grandson's teachers weren't that bad.  The principal is bad.  The school is bad.  The morale is very bad.

We school choiced to SPHS and it's the best decision I ever made.  Wished I had done it when he started high school.

We tried a hardship transfer but was denied. No one ever called to inquire our issues or to collect info.

I requested and got a letter of denial.

Well the principal doesn't believe in dealing directly with parents either.

He has never responded to any emails, including the one I sent pointing out that a month after our 504 meeting none of the changes had been made.

Posted Image

#10 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,240 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:39 AM

Try another hardship for the 2nd semester. Go up there......the board and superintendent, not the principal. Talk face to face with someone.
  • NewsJunky likes this

#11 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:45 AM

We tried a hardship transfer but was denied. No one ever called to inquire our issues or to collect info.

I requested and got a letter of denial.

Well the principal doesn't believe in dealing directly with parents either.

He has never responded to any emails, including the one I sent pointing out that a month after our 504 meeting none of the changes had been made.

It sounds like a personnel problem.  They would not like the end result if they did this with my kid.  Call Cliff.  If you still have not gotten some co operation from the Principal or the Administration at the front office talk to some BOE members.  They hire the Superintendent who should help you solve this problem for the sake of your child.

#12 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:00 PM

Again I must live in a bubble..... But, I do feel that once our kids get to high school that the school (all of the high schools) think parents should just back off, and let the kids take the responsibility. If we're dealing with that mindset, which to an extent I think we are, then it is up to us parents to make it clear from the get go that is not how we do things. We're talking about 14-15 yr old kids. If according to some our kids aren't responsible enough at 26 to take care of their own health care why would anyone think that a high school kid is any more responsible? But, I digress.

I know that I haven't had any issues, maybe because my son has had an IEP, and I send the teachers an e-mail at least once a week (I don't know what the difference between an IEP and a 504 is) in place since he was in elementary school. However that does not negate the fact that both are legal documents and must be followed.

I would again send the e-mail with your concerns, copy all the people you already have, and remind them about your sons accommodations, and the fact that this is a legal document. I would also offer a couple of times that you would be available for a conference, either by phone or in person. 

The biggest problem that you will face now is that we are 2 days away from the Christmas break, and the end of the semester. But, I would make it a priority to address this when they go back to school. I would also make sure to send an e-mail every week to get your son's progress. Again coping all involved.

I truly think that once our kids hit high school they need us to be more involved then every before.

I found this. It list the ways that you can get your dispute resolved. I'm also thinking you may need to get the 504 changed to an IEP.

https://www.understo...s-and-504-plans

Edited by gog8tors, 17 December 2014 - 12:22 PM.

• Dana and jenilyn like this

#13 1Novella

1Novella

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:21 PM

Again I must live in a bubble..... But, I do feel that once our kids get to high school that the school (all of the high schools) think parents should just back off, and let the kids take the responsibility. If we're dealing with that mindset, which to an extent I think we are, then it is up to us parents to make it clear from the get go that is not how we do things. We're talking about 14-15 yr old kids. If according to some our kids aren't responsible enough at 26 to take care of their own health care why would anyone think that a high school kid is any more responsible? But, I digress.

I know that I haven't had any issues, maybe because my son has had an IEP, and I send the teachers an e-mail at least once a week (I don't know what the difference between an IEP and a 504 is) in place since he was in elementary school. However that does not negate the fact that both are legal documents and must be followed.

I would again send the e-mail with your concerns, copy all the people you already have, and remind them about your sons accommodations, and the fact that this is a legal document. I would also offer a couple of times that you would be available for a conference, either by phone or in person. 

The biggest problem that you will face now is that we are 2 days away from the Christmas break, and the end of the semester. But, I would make it a priority to address this when they go back to school. I would also make sure to send an e-mail every week to get your son's progress. Again coping all involved.

I truly think that once our kids hit high school they need us to be more involved then every before.

A 504 is a wanna be an IEP.

My son was denied for an IEP in middle school because though he does very poor in class he passes the CRCT with advanced levels. If he was a behavior problem it would also draw more attention to him making him the squeeky wheel.

However he is not a behavior issue.

The 504 was documented on 11/11.

It was not put into place until 12/10 when I once again turned into the grizzly bear mama.

The special ed director was surprised when I told her this, by law it should have been put in place immediately.

I have asked for him to be checked again for an IEP. I won't get into the 12 weeks of data time line crap they gave me.

I would not be involved this much if I didn't need to be...but I need to be at this point.

• lowrider, gog8tors and mei lan like this
Posted Image

#14 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:42 PM

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

My son went to PCHS a few years ago and I can honestly say that his teachers were more than willing to communicate with me, meet with me and work with me.

We did have a couple of years where it was necessary to do all three at times.

Of course, perhaps we just got lucky, I have no idea.

I also know that the principle and vice-principle were not hard to meet with.

But again, that was several years ago.

• gog8tors likes this
"If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment."
"The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself."

#15 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,669 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:40 PM

It sounds like a personnel problem.  They would not like the end result if they did this with my kid.  Call Cliff.  If you still have not gotten some co operation from the Principal or the Administration at the front office talk to some BOE members.  They hire the Superintendent who should help you solve this problem for the sake of your child.

I agree, 100%  

• NewsJunky likes this
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#16 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:51 PM

A 504 is a wanna be an IEP.

My son was denied for an IEP in middle school because though he does very poor in class he passes the CRCT with advanced levels. If he was a behavior problem it would also draw more attention to him making him the squeeky wheel.

However he is not a behavior issue.

The 504 was documented on 11/11.

It was not put into place until 12/10 when I once again turned into the grizzly bear mama.

The special ed director was surprised when I told her this, by law it should have been put in place immediately.

I have asked for him to be checked again for an IEP. I won't get into the 12 weeks of data time line crap they gave me.

I would not be involved this much if I didn't need to be...but I need to be at this point.

No, no you need to be very involved. Trust me it's worth it. You keep being grizzly bear mom, it's what we have to do. 

I too had one that would pass his CRCT type test with advance scores. He was on an IEP as well. At this point I would do the whole 12 weeks of testing, and even if he doesn't get the IEP for this year he will have it in place for next.

I would also still address the non communication issue as well, cause that is BS.

• Dana, NewsJunky and mei lan like this

#17 Just thinkin' hard

Just thinkin' hard

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:19 AM

We had a hoot owl that would keep us up all night long hooting away.  I'm thinking you'd make a great, pesky hoot owl that will help clean up the rat population at the same time.  :)!

• mei lan likes this
Posted Image

#18 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:02 AM

A letter from your attorney would get their attention.

8)

• Just thinkin' hard and mei lan like this
A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable,
who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there
are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

#19 Orwell

Orwell

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:15 AM

You named the teacher, what is your name?

What "law".

Many times, what the child says is not what the teacher says. Be careful of a "law" you may break.

I have known teachers like this and they were tough to deal with. Schedule an appointment with the teacher and administrator,  soon.

#20 1Novella

1Novella

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:56 AM

What "law".

Many times, what the child says is not what the teacher says. Be careful of a "law" you may break.

I have known teachers like this and they were tough to deal with. Schedule an appointment with the teacher and administrator,  soon.

most everyone here knows who I am.

the law can be read by looking up 504 policies or I.E.P via google.

This is not slanderous-I have requested multiple meeting and the only one I was granted he didn't show for.

I have email him at least a dozen tiimes and he has never responded.

I will give my name if you give yours, since you seem to not know who I am.

Posted Image

#21 1Novella

1Novella

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:07 AM

No, no you need to be very involved. Trust me it's worth it. You keep being grizzly bear mom, it's what we have to do. 

I too had one that would pass his CRCT type test with advance scores. He was on an IEP as well. At this point I would do the whole 12 weeks of testing, and even if he doesn't get the IEP for this year he will have it in place for next.

I would also still address the non communication issue as well, cause that is BS.

Interesting- I was told that because he did so well for the crct he did not qualify for the IEP.  (we had this testing in middle school)

Posted Image

#22 Tenacious D

Tenacious D

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:44 AM

Make sure the email is correct. If it goes to a yahoo account, it is incorrect and he is not getting them. Make sure it is a county email.
  • gog8tors likes this

#23 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:28 AM

What "law".

I thought the issue was she did schedule a meeting and he/they refused to attend?
  • 1Novella likes this

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

William Shakespeare, Sonnet 116

#24 1Novella

1Novella

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:37 AM

I thought the issue was she did schedule a meeting and he/they refused to attend?

Yes that's right.

Posted Image

#25 Kim Cobb PCSB Post 3

Kim Cobb PCSB Post 3

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:31 AM

Make sure the email is correct. If it goes to a yahoo account, it is incorrect and he is not getting them. Make sure it is a county email.

Often the spam blocker could block the email as well.

Accessible at kimberlycobb@bellsouth.net or 770-597-8211 cell :)

#26 Kim Cobb PCSB Post 3

Kim Cobb PCSB Post 3

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:43 AM

My letter to the administrations and some choosen folks at the central office:

To whom it may concern:

I have repeatedly reached out to my son's teachers over the past months, including his biology teacher [name removed].

I have repeatedly informed the administration that this teacher, [name removed], has never returned ANY of my attempts at communication.

This teacher completely disregarded the 504 meeting and did not attend.

He has now informed my son that he shouldn't have to communicate with the parents of his failing students.

You cannot imagine how frustrated I already was, and this has absolutely fueled a fire.

I don't think I need to explain to any of you what the law says.

Perhaps someone needs to explain it to [name emoved].

Someone needs to contact me to today and explain why this attitude is not only apparently acceptable, but allowed to be communicated to students.

Can someone tell me why this guy still has a job?

Sorry for the frustration you are experiencing.

I do not know every perspective of this situation but I appreciate involved parents.  Please make sure that the teacher and principal are actually receiving the emails properly. Due to security and spam blockers, there can be emails that do not go through. 

Just to clarify so that citizens know who to contact first.  This is the chain of command prior to reaching the elected school board. 

Teacher, principal, Director of Secondary Schools ( Dr. Susan Browning ) Associate Superintendent ( Brian Otott ) and lastly, Superintendent  Cliff Cole.   

The school board has one employee to evaluate and that is Mr. Cole.  All other evaluations and documentation are done by the individual employee's immediate supervisor.  Legally, the school board has to confine its duty to policy, budget, and the superintendent.  Delving into daily operations, classrooms, and school level situations is what often gets school boards in trouble with the state and the law.

Edited by Deputy Rafe Hollister, 18 December 2014 - 12:52 PM.

• gog8tors likes this
Accessible at kimberlycobb@bellsouth.net or 770-597-8211 cell :)

#27 1Novella

1Novella

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:01 PM

Often the spam blocker could block the email as well.

The email wasn't only sent to him it was copied to other as well.

They all received it, so it wasn't blocked.

I think you are all missing the part where he stated that he shouldn't have to communicate to the parents of his students.

Posted Image

#28 1Novella

1Novella

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:15 PM

Sorry for the frustration you are experiencing.

I do not know every perspective of this situation but I appreciate involved parents.  Please make sure that the teacher and principal are actually receiving the emails properly. Due to security and spam blockers, there can be emails that do not go through. 

Just to clarify so that citizens know who to contact first.  This is the chain of command prior to reaching the elected school board. 

Teacher, principal, Director of Secondary Schools ( Dr. Susan Browning ) Associate Superintendent ( Brian Otott ) and lastly, Superintendent  Cliff Cole.   

The school board has one employee to evaluate and that is Mr. Cole.  All other evaluations and documentation are done by the individual employee's immediate supervisor.  Legally, the school board has to confine its duty to policy, budget, and the superintendent.  Delving into daily operations, classrooms, and school level situations is what often gets school boards in trouble with the state and the law.

I missed the Asst. Super.

All others have been informed of the issues.

Dr. Browning has been communicating with me and has my respect.

Unfortunately the answer is to seek help from the principal.

And again HE has not responded to any emails-the responses come from the asst. principal.

He lost my respect when it took a month and complaints to Dr. Browing and the 504 Director at the central office to put the 504 in place.

He has repeatedly told me he will take care of this teacher and open the communications. But this teacher obvisouly is above his requests.

I have reached the point of grizzly mama.

If you check my other thread you will understand why. This is unacceptable.

Why are these teachers not held to the same standards as the other schools?

We have some EXCELLENT teachers in Paulding County.

We have some AWESOME administrators-some that I LOVE.

Not brown nosers, not principals that will tell you want they need to in order to get you to leave.

Strong principals that do what is best for the kids.

Principals that if they were to have received ANY of the emails I sent would have responded-even if only to say "hey I saw this, and I will get you an answer" or "you will hear from my teacher this afternoon" or "my teacher can meet you on this day at this time".

I have repeatedly told this asst. principal "I cannot support your teachers if they don't communicate with me." I mean that 100%.

PCHS is not supporting the staff, the students, or the parents.

I have requested a meeting today with Mrs. Lyons-I believe she is my board rep.

Posted Image

#29 1Novella

1Novella

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:26 PM

I removed, where I was able, the name of the teacher. Another pcommer pointed out that it was beyond rude-and I have agreed. I am a tiny bit upset by this whole thing. 

Posted Image

#30 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:43 PM

I did NOT realize this is a co-taught class. Did the co teacher attend your meeting? Has the co teacher reached out to you? Have you copied the co teacher on all your emails?
The reason I ask is that it is really the co teacher that is there for your kid, and the one you should be contacting. DS is in a co taught English class, and it is the co taught teacher that I deal with.

#31 1Novella

1Novella

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:49 PM

I did NOT realize this is a co-taught class. Did the co teacher attend your meeting? Has the co teacher reached out to you? Have you copied the co teacher on all your emails?
The reason I ask is that it is really the co teacher that is there for your kid, and the one you should be contacting. DS is in a co taught English class, and it is the co taught teacher that I deal with.

I didn't realize it until yesterday evening.

No she was not part of our meetings. She is apparently the ESEP? teacher. I thought they were for the advanced kids.

If I should have been dealing with her when I complained to the administration about not hearing from Mr. :ninja: , why would they not tell me right then that I was communicating with the wrong person?

Posted Image

#32 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:57 PM

I don't know why you didn't know about this . I found out the hard way too. I had been emailing DS teacher that was listed, and she emailed me back to let me know that it is her co teacher that handles the grading and the other stuff dealing with the kids that have IEPs and such.

#33 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:01 PM

Interesting- I was told that because he did so well for the crct he did not qualify for the IEP.  (we had this testing in middle school)

The child that I was referring to is my oldest. Not my youngest that is in the school now.

#34 1Novella

1Novella

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:21 AM

I don't know why you didn't know about this . I found out the hard way too. I had been emailing DS teacher that was listed, and she emailed me back to let me know that it is her co teacher that handles the grading and the other stuff dealing with the kids that have IEPs and such.

Well I guess we are back to the part where he has never responded to my emails.

I'm shocked though that all the times I have exclaimed my frustration about this teacher's lack of communication to the assistance principal no one ever said "Have you emailed the co-teacher, here is her info." You would think that assistance prinicipal would have gladly given that info instead of just telling me "I'm working on that".

That would have been some really good information.

The co-teacher is supposed to be the Esep? teacher. I think that means she is supposed to work with the advanced kids.

My son should not be included in that group.

Posted Image

#35 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:35 AM

Well I guess we are back to the part where he has never responded to my emails.
I'm shocked though that all the times I have exclaimed my frustration about this teacher's lack of communication to the assistance principal no one ever said "Have you emailed the co-teacher, here is her info." You would think that assistance prinicipal would have gladly given that info instead of just telling me "I'm working on that".
That would have been some really good information.
The co-teacher is supposed to be the Esep? teacher. I think that means she is supposed to work with the advanced kids.
My son should not be included in that group.

No, it is the PC name for all the kids in special ed. My son is in 2 co taught classrooms. I was finally told by his English teacher that the SE teacher does all the grades for the kids that have an education plan in place. I was just informed of this last month. I agree with you that we parents should know these things from the start of the school year.

#36 Callisto

Callisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:55 AM

A co-teacher is there to help all of the special education students, both advanced as well as though who require additional help. Different classrooms are run differently; in some, the teacher handles all of the grades, while in others the teachers each handle the roster of kids assigned to them.

• gog8tors likes this

#37 mrnn

mrnn

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:59 AM

It really sounds like you need to head up to the school and put someone on the spot instead of continuing to send emails that go unanswered.  You've got a legitimate beef and I think it would be worth your time to have a face-to-face conversation or two. 

mrnn

"Republicans have been fleeced, exploited, and lied to by the conservative entertainment complex" -- David Frum, Former Bush Speechwriter and directer of Republican Jewish Coalition

#38 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:21 PM

A co-teacher is there to help all of the special education students, both advanced as well as though who require additional help. Different classrooms are run differently; in some, the teacher handles all of the grades, while in others the teachers each handle the roster of kids assigned to them.

Yes, that is what I'm understanding as well. Also sounds like a 504 plan is an acknowledgement that there is/are issues that need to be addressed, but it is not as binding as an IEP. 

But, like I've stated before I must live in a bubble, or we have been very lucky that the teachers my DS has are just that awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics