• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:37 AM

Poor Administration?

Poor Teachers?

Unsupported Teachers?

What's the deal here?

Am I the only one having an issue with this school?

You have to be nice first. When that doesn't work, you can be mean. Once you've been mean, noone will believe the nice anymore. So be nice, even if it hurts.
More life lessons from Anita:
There are some things more important than physical survival. You've got to be able to look yourself in the mirror.
Guns aren't designed for comfort. It's one of the few things that are worn by men, that are as uncomfortable as a pair of high heels.
Change is inevitable and leading change makes it positive. Availability is not a qualification. Hope is not a strategy. Potato chips are not a vegetable, and hot dogs are not a meat. Feedback is a gift, and anyone who "unfriends" you on Facebook because of a disagreement wasn't truly your friend at all.
Posted Image

#2 myrlin

myrlin

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,110 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:04 PM

Nope, we pulled our son out of that school because of the problems. He is doing online school this year

#3 mojo413

mojo413

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:48 PM

My Grandson's favorite teacher at EPHS just got promoted to an Asst. Principal and transferred to PCHS.
I like promotions from within and I know this person to be very involved, cares very much for students and communicates with parents very well.
This is a very positive move in my opinion.
Retired. I only work 12 noon to 1pm.
Most days I take an hour lunch break.
John Hyden
770-366-1552

#4 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,898 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:01 PM

We had two sons go there, Class of 2006 and Class of 2008, were actively involved and had no issues with the school.

Maybe we were lucky.

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#5 JYD

JYD

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:10 PM

All 3 of our daughters went there. We had Don Rauscher and Dave Whitfield as principals. As parents we were very involved with the programs and there wasn't any problems.

#6 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,240 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:17 PM

Lots of problems last few years. I school choiced the grandson to SPHS and we're all much happier.

#7 workingforaliving

workingforaliving

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,919 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:21 PM

Lots of problems last few years. I school choiced the grandson to SPHS and we're all much happier.

Just remember that all that glitters is not gold......

SPHS is on track to become just like PCHS.....only whiter.
Posted Image

#8 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:34 PM

No problems here. But apparently I live in a bubble.

#9 Just thinkin' hard

Just thinkin' hard

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:00 AM

WFAL - you crack me up!!

Posted Image

#10 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,240 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:15 AM

Just remember that all that glitters is not gold......
SPHS is on track to become just like PCHS.....only whiter.

This is his last year, thank God.

I've always said Ghetto is not a color but an attitude.
  • mach4 and mei lan like this

#11 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:17 AM

This is his last year, thank God.

I've always said Ghetto is not a color but an attitude.

Grandkid has this one and next year and we are done.  Kind of tired of seeing where the schools are going.  Common Core is awful!

• gog8tors likes this

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~~George Orwell

There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.........

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."~~ Edward R. Murrow   

#12 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:25 PM

Grandkid has this one and next year and we are done.  Kind of tired of seeing where the schools are going.  Common Core is awful!

We have 3 more years, but so far for us we haven't had any problems. 

Could be because 15yr old has an IEP. Could be that his teachers are just that awesome, or not. I've only had one problem with a teacher this year, but once we got the communication issue resolved there hasn't been any more problems.

Like I stated before seems like I live in a bubble because the people/things others have issues with I don't. 

#13 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:26 PM

We have 3 more years, but so far for us we haven't had any problems. 

Could be because 15yr old has an IEP. Could be that his teachers are just that awesome, or not. I've only had one problem with a teacher this year, but once we got the communication issue resolved there hasn't been any more problems.

Like I stated before seems like I live in a bubble because the people/things others have issues with I don't. 

No problem with Teachers.  They have an amazing Vice Principle.  It is the basic policies and Common Core (especially math) that I have a problem with.  They keep trying to reinvent the wheel and the wheel keeps falling off.  They need to give the kids books and I am tired of hearing that they do.  A class set that is for show to appease parents who want to see books for their kids does not count.  Hoping the new State School Superintendent will make a difference.

• gog8tors and ohmygosh like this

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~~George Orwell

#14 tundra

tundra

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:20 PM

No problem with Teachers.  They have an amazing Vice Principle.  It is the basic policies and Common Core (especially math) that I have a problem with.  They keep trying to reinvent the wheel and the wheel keeps falling off.  They need to give the kids books and I am tired of hearing that they do.  A class set that is for show to appease parents who want to see books for their kids does not count.  Hoping the new State School Superintendent will make a difference.

I think we need to do away with the Dept of Education and return teaching to the states!  When I moved from Kentucky to Chicago in 1965, everyone was on about the same level.  I had no problem with the curriculum. That was before the Feds stepped in.  It's been a HUGE mess since. 

• Barbed wire, champsbbcoach and gog8tors like this

Bring on the jobs, bring on the business leave the commercial flights at Hartsfield.

I OPPOSE COMMERCIAL AIR SERVICE. Protect Paulding County 

#15 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:51 PM

I think we need to do away with the Dept of Education and return teaching to the states!  When I moved from Kentucky to Chicago in 1965, everyone was on about the same level.  I had no problem with the curriculum. That was before the Feds stepped in.  It's been a HUGE mess since. 

Totally agree!

#16 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:10 PM

Totally agree, this common core is for the birds. 

It's a good thing that my two oldest already knew how to read, and write when we moved here in 1987. That was when they were tinkering around with the reading programs. I was told that it didn't matter if the words were spelled right because they were using a program "writing to read." I wonder if that is why so many kids 29-35 were so far behind in reading? I just hope that our new Superintendent will make them stop experimenting with our kids.

Totally agree with this as well. 

#17 Vote Democrat

Vote Democrat

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:35 AM

PCHS has had problems for many years now. Under the Segars regime, kids were treated like convicts, the teachers had low morale, and each year the school failed to meet AYP. Granted, he's gone now, but it sounds like many problems remain. I have vented for years about lack of books, low morale, poor test scores and generally being the worst high school in the county.

I could ramble on for days about what a jackass the assistant principal McAllister was, but I'm just glad my son had graduated and we're done with the Paulding County School District.

"I think we agree, the past is over."
George W. Bush

#18 Nick Chester

Nick Chester

Paulding Com member

• GA USA **Political
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:33 AM

Totally agree, this common core is for the birds. 

It's a good thing that my two oldest already knew how to read, and write when we moved here in 1987. That was when they were tinkering around with the reading programs. I was told that it didn't matter if the words were spelled right because they were using a program "writing to read." I wonder if that is why so many kids 29-35 were so far behind in reading? I just hope that our new Superintendent will make them stop experimenting with our kids.

Totally agree with this as well. 

I am not sure that the new State Superintendent will make a difference at all.

Nick Chester http://www.chesterlawgroupllc.com

#19 LindaB

LindaB

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:06 PM

There are teachers and administrators for whom the children come first. But as long as the people with their own agendas are in charge, this school does not have a chance.

#20 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:59 PM

I am not sure that the new State Superintendent will make a difference at all.

We shall see Nick.

• tundra likes this

#21 pcrunner

pcrunner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:21 PM

generally being the worst high school in the county.

Check out this interesting tool, lets you compare schools performance to each other.

http://www.13wmaz.co...-tool/13096209/

Generally the higher on the graph you are the more kids are passing the tests, the further to the right you are, the more you are "improving" kids compared to their academic peers.

Not sure this data supports your theory.

#22 mrnn

mrnn

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:28 PM

Check out this interesting tool, lets you compare schools performance to each other.

http://www.13wmaz.co...-tool/13096209/

Generally the higher on the graph you are the more kids are passing the tests, the further to the right you are, the more you are "improving" kids compared to their academic peers.

Not sure this data supports your theory.

Where do you compare schools within a particular district?  I'm not seeing that option.

mrnn

"Republicans have been fleeced, exploited, and lied to by the conservative entertainment complex" -- David Frum, Former Bush Speechwriter and directer of Republican Jewish Coalition

#23 pcrunner

pcrunner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:01 PM

on the right hand side of the screen is a search bar, and also a list of each county. Select the county ie PC. the drop down tabs at the top will then let you compare school to each other based on different tests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics