Recent Topics Recent Topics

Photo
- - - - -

I need your HELP *** VOTE for a yearbook picture

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

Poll: WHICH PICTURES WOULD YOU USE FOR THE YEARBOOK? (44 member(s) have cast votes)

WHICH ONE?

1. NUMBER ONE (9 votes [19.57%])

Percentage of vote: 19.57%

2. NUMBER TWO (8 votes [17.39%])

Percentage of vote: 17.39%

3. NUMBER THREE (26 votes [56.52%])

Percentage of vote: 56.52%

4. NUMBER FOUR (3 votes [6.52%])

Percentage of vote: 6.52%

Vote

#1 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,260 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:34 PM

This is my sweet grandson, who graduates this year  :clapping:

Anyway, I thought I had a picture chosen, we all had the same one chosen, then I changed my mind.

Tell me what you think by voting for the picture you would use for the yearbook.

THANKS!

I have two with no smile, looking away and direct on.  I have two smiling, looking away and direct on.  I told him I really wanted to see that $5000 smile I paid for, but honestly he has such a beautiful smile, I wanna show some teeth.

What do you think?  (none have been retouched yet)

NUMBER 1

MISCOCTOBER045_zpsec53ff32.jpg

NUMBER 2

MISCOCTOBER044_zps2a64f4c6.jpg

NUMBER 3

MISCOCTOBER043_zps96c9d99d.jpg

NUMBER 4

MISCOCTOBER050_zpsb04b3eaf.jpg

And these are the casual images, I get to choose one for the yearbook.

My handsome young man!!!  :D

MISCOCTOBER049_zps044779a6.jpg

MISCOCTOBER048_zps1f70acaa.jpg

• OSU likes this

#2 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:38 PM

Good looking kid.

I stay out of voting for pictures.

(but they all are good)

"If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment."
"The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself."

#3 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,260 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:41 PM

Good looking kid.

I stay out of voting for pictures.

(but they all are good)

Thanks!  And he's a good kid!  Mai Lan is in love with him

Aw, come on and help me out.  Smile or no smile?  Vote later after some others have voted, it's anonymous

#4 cmorg

cmorg

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,402 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:43 PM

I vote for picture number 1.

Did I win?

---

You are so wonderful. And smart.

#5 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,427 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:44 PM

Agree great pics!

He has grown SO much :o :)

#3 I think captures the best of him - smile and genuisness.

Casual picture #2 shows his great features and a tiny bit of his innocense.

Congrats Low - he has turned into such a great young man (and is such a cutie too)

• watcher likes this
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#6 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

Thanks!  And he's a good kid!  Mai Lan is in love with him

Aw, come on and help me out.  Smile or no smile?  Vote later after some others have voted, it's anonymous

You keep that sweet boy away from that hussy!

(just kidding)

Maybe, I will vote later.

I'm not good at picture picking.

"If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment."
"The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself."

#7 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,260 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:47 PM

Agree great pics!

Congrats Low - he has turned into such a great young man (and is such a cutie too)

Thank you.  See, my first pick was Number 2, looking away, no smile.  Then I got to looking at that smile and I just wanted to see it and I think Number 3 might be my pick.

And I agree about the casual picture, I LOVE #2!

BTW, these are untouched, so I can get rid of the blemishes.

#8 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:49 PM

:swoon:  I was with #1 till I got to #3.  YOWSA.  He's lovely in #1, but #3...good heavens.  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

William Shakespeare, Sonnet 116

#9 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,260 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:51 PM

I vote for picture number 1.

Did I win?

How about a chimichanga?  Would that work? 

:swoon:  I was with #1 till I got to #3.  YOWSA.  He's lovely in #1, but #3...good heavens.  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I knew you would love them!!  :)

And I'm thinking #3

#10 crossroads

crossroads

Icon

• +Unstoppable Woman
  • 4,742 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:53 PM

All of the pictures are great. You have a very handsome young man there LR.

I'm torn between #2 and #3. I love seeing his smile in three..... Yep #3. That smile has me!!!

Commercialization supporters are not informed. See Stop paulding County Airport of Face Book for the real news.

From Rockysmom intended for me.

"That insult was towards a person that I know for a fact to do things like drive bys at people's house's that they they have disagreed with.

To me hat is bat cheese crazy. Sorry if you don't see my point".

#11 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,260 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:57 PM

Remember this one?
  • mei lan likes this

#12 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,379 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

I voted for number one but they're all really good. He's a handsome guy.
No man ever stands taller than when he kneels to help another.

If they laugh at you because you're different, laugh at them because they're all the same.

#13 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:09 PM

I forgot, I am no longer allowed to vote, I have no idea why, but since the change (the change to pcom, not any change to me, my sex, my sexual identity or any change that wife may or may not be going through) I can't vote in the polls. 

• jenilyn likes this

#14 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,177 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:01 PM

I can't click on one to vote either :/

#15 Shallow Hal

Shallow Hal

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:50 PM

3rd picture is great. Genuine smile.

#16 DallasRED

DallasRED

GO NAVY!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,974 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:09 PM

Def go with 3.  I like him looking directly into the camera and the SMILE!

Posted Image

"Why are some people such assholes for no reason but then are the first to bitch to the mods when the tables are turned" GO BLUE

"You judge me and think you know me, and I'm quite sure we've never met. You know nothing." MADEA

"NOT ONE DAMN ONE OF YOU HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ME I CAN NOT FEEL THE WAY I DO." SOLO

#17 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,191 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:40 PM

I like number 1, something about the light and shadows are more natural. Not sure but they look they have been retouched with a computer program. Some of the shadows look too deep in places on the rest of them. My second choice would be your pick number 2. The ones with him smiling has his right cheekbone looking strange, like the way the light hit it.

El Zorro

As far as releasing my name here, it's not going to happen.  There have been people here who found someone's given name and then found where they worked and made things difficult for them - all because they didn't like them here because of their political opinions.

#18 ridge rd retiree

ridge rd retiree

Pcom Innovator

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,699 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:44 PM

i could not click on to vote .so i will tell you , i like number 3

#19 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,260 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:53 PM

I like number 1, something about the light and shadows are more natural. Not sure but they look they have been retouched with a computer program. Some of the shadows look too deep in places on the rest of them. My second choice would be your pick number 2. The ones with him smiling has his right cheekbone looking strange, like the way the light hit it.

Number 2 was our first pick, but now I'm looking at Number 3.

And no they haven't been retouched yet, that costs extra.  It takes out the pimples, glare, showdows, etc.

Thanks for the input, that's what I'm looking for.  ;)

#20 hotwheels

hotwheels

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:02 PM

I like #2, it wouldn't let me vote.

#21 Paxilpapa

Paxilpapa

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:08 PM

I voted for number 2, your original choice, because (and this is picky) the fit of the shirt, tie and jacket are a little off in both 1 and 3,,, I always like the photos of the kids looking straight at you, but that leaves 2 and 4 with the best fit of the Tux.  Of those two, picture 2 exudes the confidence and charm of a young man who can achieve anything he desires.  If you're dead set on smile, go with number 4.      Does that make any sense???

Casual number 1 by far.

Good luck. 

• tundra likes this

"If ever you are in need of advice, please allow me to be the first to apprise you of your mistakes."

#22 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:10 PM

I voted for number 2, your original choice, because (and this is picky) the fit of the shirt, tie and jacket are a little off in both 1 and 3,,, I always like the photos of the kids looking straight at you, but that leaves 2 and 4 with the best fit of the Tux.  Of those two, picture 2 exudes the confidence and charm of a young man who can achieve anything he desires.  If you're dead set on smile, go with number 4.      Does that make any sense???

Casual number 1 by far.

Good luck. 

Ditto

#23 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:18 PM

Remember this one?

I do remember it.  Adorbs.  :)

#24 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,841 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:06 AM

Your grandson is a very handsome young man.

I vote for number two...  it is all about the eyes.

The look in his eyes would make any girl swoon.

:wub:

A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable,
who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there
are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

#25 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,845 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:16 AM

Agree great pics!

What a looker!!!

I agree with Creative one.

#3 and #2 casual

I forgot, I am no longer allowed to vote, I have no idea why, but since the change (the change to pcom, not any change to me, my sex, my sexual identity or any change that wife may or may not be going through) I can't vote in the polls. 

Me either.  :(

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#26 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:30 AM

Number 2. Pleasant yet thoughtful, a man that has his eye on the future. 

• mrshoward likes this

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#27 GAPEACH

GAPEACH

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:31 AM

I don't post a lot on here .more of a stalker :) but I like #2.  His eyes really tell me that he is going to go far in life.  Very good looking.

#28 tundra

tundra

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:02 AM

They are all awesome!!  I love #2.  Remember this pic will stay with him for the rest of his life.  The smile is incredible but the seriousness with the touch of "I've got this" is becoming!! 

And, maybe it's just me but is his bow tie crooked in #3?  Can they fix that?  It may just be the way he's turned. 

Bring on the jobs, bring on the business leave the commercial flights at Hartsfield.

I OPPOSE COMMERCIAL AIR SERVICE. Protect Paulding County 

#29 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,260 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:32 AM

Casual number 1 by far.

Good luck

You're the first to notice.  It really bothered me so I called about it.  They explained it because of the angle of the shot, I said the tie is not right and can they photoshop it.  Sure, for a fee.  After looking at over and over, I think it is the way the tie goes up under the collar but it still looks wierd.  That's one reason I'm having trouble choosing.  I love #2, but I love the smile in #3, but I can't stand th tie.

Thanks for noticing!

#30 DallasRED

DallasRED

GO NAVY!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,974 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:37 AM

They only graduate once so I would just pay the extra to fix the tie.  My eye goes to the smile and I didn't even notice the tie.

Posted Image

"Why are some people such assholes for no reason but then are the first to bitch to the mods when the tables are turned" GO BLUE

"You judge me and think you know me, and I'm quite sure we've never met. You know nothing." MADEA

"NOT ONE DAMN ONE OF YOU HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ME I CAN NOT FEEL THE WAY I DO." SOLO

#31 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,260 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:37 AM

Thank you all for the kind words, I think he's gorgeous and ever since he was little, folks used to say he looked like me.  My genes are strong in him through his mom but so are his dads, and he's just a good combination!

I still haven't decided.  Maybe Monday after reading all of the choices..............

And he's such a fine young man, I hear it all the time from teachers and others.

• mrshoward likes this

#32 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:40 AM

They only graduate once so I would just pay the extra to fix the tie.  My eye goes to the smile and I didn't even notice the tie.

Ditto...I had to go back and see what they were talking about.

Thank you all for the kind words, I think he's gorgeous and ever since he was little, folks used to say he looked like me.  My genes are strong in him through his mom but so are his dads, and he's just a good combination!

I still haven't decided.  Maybe Monday after reading all of the choices..............

And he's such a fine young man, I hear it all the time from teachers and others.

This is so much more important than his looks.  But his expression just reeks of niceness.  :)  (You tell him if he ever does anything to make me go back on that, I'll find him and kick his hiney.  :D  I've told my nephews the same thing, and their friends as well.  I'm an equal opportunity butt-kicker with kids.  :D )

#33 raclay

raclay

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:43 PM

I vote for #3, but then I like to see a smile. He is a gorgeous young man and his smile is stunning, show it off!

So you're not from the South, that's okay, you got here as fast as you could.

#34 KRM

KRM

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,912 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM

Agree great pics!

I agree. 2 and 3 are my favs. But they are all so good! Very handsome young man.

Hush up, you Stalker!!

#35 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,704 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:17 PM

I like #3  but girl, the #2 the look he has, reminds me of you so much. 

"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#36 Cranemec

Cranemec

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:03 AM

Grandma was a loyal Republican until the day she died. She's voted Democrat ever since.

#37 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,558 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:11 AM

I like #3 but #2  isn't far behind.  Has anyone told you what a handsome kid you have there?  :D  I like #1 for the casual.

There but for the grace of God, go I.

#38 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,260 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

Done!!  

Number 3 it is!!

I called them again and they agreed to fix his tie!!  At no cost to me....

I also added the enchanced retouch for all of the pictures.

Thank Goodness, this part is over.  I ordered the cap and gown and invitations and stuff last week.  This senior stuff is breaking me!!  I'm just glad I can do it.

You know, it's so irritating you have to BUY a cap and gown that you will only wear once.  $80  So what do you do with it?  I thought about putting it in a shadow box or something like that for him to keep.

It's a shame you just can't rent them.  I remember one year when LPPT was asking for donations for some of the kids at PCHS who couldn't afford them.

#39 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:03 PM

I completely agree about the graduation stuff.  What a racket.

#40 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip