#1 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:49 PM

POPULAR

Below is the text of a letter I sent to the Paulding BoC this morning (format changed slightly and personal information redacted):

0000 Xxxxx Xxxx Drive

Acworth, GA 30101

October 15, 2014

Open Letter to the Paulding County Board of Commissioners

Mr. David Austin, Commission Chairman

Mr. Dave Carpenter, Post I Commissioner

Mr. Todd Pownall, Post II Commissioner

Mr. Tommie Graham, Post III Commissioner

Mr. David Barnett, Post IV Commissioner

240 Constitution Boulevard

Dallas, GA 30132

RE: Thad and Melissa Morrison

Gentlemen:

I have lived in Paulding County for almost 12 years, and am a registered voter (who voted for Mr. Austin and Mr. Barnett). I have been troubled for a number of years by the County's handling of the lawsuit of Thad and Melissa Morrison against it for what the Morrisons allege to be offenses committed against them.

I wouldn't know Thad or Melissa from Adam's housecat if I met them on the street. They may be certifiable lunatics for all I know. But what I do know is that their lawsuit was never deemed to be frivolous and was never thrown out. I also know that the County spent over $1.5M taxpayer dollars in fighting this lawsuit. I also know one or more settlements were offered to the Morrisons, but they were rejected for whatever reason(s). The Morrisons were well within their rights to reject any settlement they deemed to be unsatisfactory. Their stated desire was to have the case adjudicated in a court of law before a jury of their peers, but that never happened because they ran out of money.

The horrifying denouement of this situation came on Friday when the Morrisons were evicted from their home due to foreclosure by the lender. Obviously they could have chosen to stop fighting the County and pay their house payments instead. However, they had a Constitutional right to petition the government for a redress of grievances and they were denied that right.

In the Declaration of Independence of the United States of America from the State of Great Britain, after the list of many offenses committed by the King of England against the Thirteen Colonies, comes this paragraph:

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

Therefore, it is no accident that the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States reads:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

When this all began, a different county administration was in place; however, it's disappointing that even though the makeup of the BoC has changed, it would appear that the attitudes and approach towards the Morrisons never did. Likely we will never know the truth about what happened (including the contamination of their drinking water) because of your success in finally killing the Morrisons' attempt to seek redress by outlasting their ability to continue to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars of legal bills for them over the eight years since the suit was originally filed. (And if they could not prevail spending that much money and lasting that length of time, there is no hope for the rest of us.)

As it happens, I am in the process of moving to another county to be near my sister and nephew, who have no other relatives within a five-hour radius. I love my home here and am loath to sell it; however, I can assure you on the day I hand the keys to the new owner, I will happily knock the dust of Paulding County off my shoes. I am sickened by the thought of the Morrisons' eviction from their home of these many years and their possessions sitting on their lawn awaiting friends and neighbors to help cart away. But it is a fittingly sorry end to a sorry saga.

It is my humble opinion that the leaders of this county have proven themselves to be no better than King George III in denying fundamental freedoms to the citizens of this county (and adding insult to injury, by using our tax dollars to do it). In this matter, as well as in a number of other matters, the King George III of Paulding County Government has crushed the Thirteen Colonies of the rights of the citizens of Paulding County.

I Am Thad and Melissa Morrison.

Sincerely,

(original signed by)

Xxxx X. Xxxxxx

(678) 000-0000

/jmg

cc       http://paulding.com (The New Internet Cafe forum)

http://dallashwy.com (General Discussion forum)

• Gone, ridge rd retiree, surepip and 24 others like this

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

William Shakespeare, Sonnet 116

#2 crossroads

crossroads

Icon

• +Unstoppable Woman
  • 4,742 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:07 PM

BRAVO!! 

Commercialization supporters are not informed. See Stop paulding County Airport of Face Book for the real news.

From Rockysmom intended for me.

"That insult was towards a person that I know for a fact to do things like drive bys at people's house's that they they have disagreed with.

To me hat is bat cheese crazy. Sorry if you don't see my point".

#3 dumbestgirlintheworld

dumbestgirlintheworld

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,893 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:02 PM

Very well articulated. Unfortunately, I think you're addressing the wrong audience.

• myangel107 likes this

#4 Shallow Hal

Shallow Hal

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:20 PM

Have you looked out your window to see if a Marshal is poking around your house looking for violations.....you might be next....
  • TJB, DallasNebo and radiohead like this

#5 tbird

tbird

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:20 PM

My bet is that the Commissioners themselves will never see this letter. Their secretary will open the mail and dispose of. Just how things work.

• Mrs G likes this

#6 dumbestgirlintheworld

dumbestgirlintheworld

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,893 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:22 PM

My bet is that the Commissioners themselves will never see this letter. Their secretary will open the mail and dispose of. Just how things work.

He nose.

#7 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,425 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:32 PM

The letter could always be read at a meeting of the almighty commissioners................

like they would allow it.

#8 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,349 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:40 PM

So proud of you !

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#9 Brian

Brian

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:42 PM

I believe if you send this to the newspaper editors at Dallas New Era, Douglas County Sentinel/Paulding Times, Marietta Daily Journal/Paulding Neighbor, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, etc), they will be happy to publish it in the newspapers. 

• Gone, cmorg, Jamie Weaver and 8 others like this

#10 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:07 PM

My momma once told me, "Son, you do what you think is the right thing to do. If others never know it, or acknowledge it or accept it, at least you know, you did what you thought was the right thing to do. After all, we can't be responsible for the action or inaction of others, only ourselves."

(OK, maybe my momma never said it exactly like that, but trust me, that is what she said)

So I say good job, panda!!

I dare say that a few, if not all the people it is addressed to will see it (posting here helps to make that happen) and what I will find interesting is how many, if any, respond to that letter.

It names five people, I am putting my money on the number 1.

That is, you will only hear back from one person. (care to guess who I think that is?)

I hope I am wrong and all 5 respond, as I have said before, I don't mind losing bets where I bet against things going or being done right or better.

I hope I am not wrong and the number is 0.

Again, whether they see it, or don't see it; whether it is to the right people or the wrong people; you took the action you felt lead to take, Good Job!

• mei lan likes this
"If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment."
"The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself."

#11 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,940 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:17 PM

I am Thad, and Melissa, Morison, TOO! Even though I don't live in Paulding county. Every citizen in Paulding copunty is Thad, and Melissa, Morrison, by the content of their own character. 

"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

#12 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,902 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:45 PM

Below is the text of a letter I sent to the Paulding BoC this morning (format changed slightly and personal information redacted):

0000 Xxxxx Xxxx Drive

Acworth, GA 30101

October 15, 2014

Dallas, GA 30132

Gentlemen:

I have lived in Paulding County for almost 12 years, and am a registered voter (who voted for Mr. Austin and Mr. Barnett). I have been troubled for a number of years by the County's handling of the lawsuit of Thad and Melissa Morrison against it for what the Morrisons allege to be offenses committed against them.

I wouldn't know Thad or Melissa from Adam's housecat if I met them on the street. They may be certifiable lunatics for all I know. But what I do know is that their lawsuit was never deemed to be frivolous and was never thrown out. I also know that the County spent over $1.5M taxpayer dollars in fighting this lawsuit. I also know one or more settlements were offered to the Morrisons, but they were rejected for whatever reason(s). The Morrisons were well within their rights to reject any settlement they deemed to be unsatisfactory. Their stated desire was to have the case adjudicated in a court of law before a jury of their peers, but that never happened because they ran out of money.

The horrifying denouement of this situation came on Friday when the Morrisons were evicted from their home due to foreclosure by the lender. Obviously they could have chosen to stop fighting the County and pay their house payments instead. However, they had a Constitutional right to petition the government for a redress of grievances and they were denied that right.

In the Declaration of Independence of the United States of America from the State of Great Britain, after the list of many offenses committed by the King of England against the Thirteen Colonies, comes this paragraph:

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

Therefore, it is no accident that the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States reads:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

When this all began, a different county administration was in place; however, it's disappointing that even though the makeup of the BoC has changed, it would appear that the attitudes and approach towards the Morrisons never did. Likely we will never know the truth about what happened (including the contamination of their drinking water) because of your success in finally killing the Morrisons' attempt to seek redress by outlasting their ability to continue to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars of legal bills for them over the eight years since the suit was originally filed. (And if they could not prevail spending that much money and lasting that length of time, there is no hope for the rest of us.)

As it happens, I am in the process of moving to another county to be near my sister and nephew, who have no other relatives within a five-hour radius. I love my home here and am loath to sell it; however, I can assure you on the day I hand the keys to the new owner, I will happily knock the dust of Paulding County off my shoes. I am sickened by the thought of the Morrisons' eviction from their home of these many years and their possessions sitting on their lawn awaiting friends and neighbors to help cart away. But it is a fittingly sorry end to a sorry saga.

It is my humble opinion that the leaders of this county have proven themselves to be no better than King George III in denying fundamental freedoms to the citizens of this county (and adding insult to injury, by using our tax dollars to do it). In this matter, as well as in a number of other matters, the King George III of Paulding County Government has crushed the Thirteen Colonies of the rights of the citizens of Paulding County.

Sincerely,

(original signed by)

Xxxx X. Xxxxxx

(678) 000-0000

/jmg

:clapping:

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#13 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:09 PM

If you want it to be heard call and make an appointment with the Chairman or ask to address the Commission.

• Mrs G likes this

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~~George Orwell

There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.........

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."~~ Edward R. Murrow   

#14 cmorg

cmorg

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,402 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:09 PM

Very well said!

---

You are so wonderful. And smart.

#15 Mrs G

Mrs G

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,589 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:27 PM

He nose.

He nose??????      WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• tbird likes this
Do unto others, as you'd have others do unto you!

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly and Leave The Rest To God.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does!!

Helping a Neighbor in need, is a Blessing, indeed!!! 04/25/2013

#16 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,585 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:02 PM

Great letter, panda!  :wub:

There but for the grace of God, go I.

#17 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,253 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:58 PM

They will read it. They read p.com as do their friends and family. The response will be to criticize the Morrisons as greedy gold diggers and p.commers as idiots.

They will go on and on about the people on this board and how mean, nasty, and stupid they they are they are.

Sorry mei lan they will know where your info came from and you will just be another p.com nut job.

It is a really good letter, they know you can't touch them so they will just brush it off.

The GBI has already been told that the Morrisons were fairly compensated and they are just being greedy so don't pay attention to anything they tell you. Every way they have turned to people have turned away, there is no way to know if it is from fear or intimidation or some similar to what the GBI was told. One thing is for sure, not many have had the guts to tell them to their face or repeat what was said about them.

El Zorro

As far as releasing my name here, it's not going to happen.  There have been people here who found someone's given name and then found where they worked and made things difficult for them - all because they didn't like them here because of their political opinions.

#18 cmorg

cmorg

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,402 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:01 PM

They will read it. They read p.com as do their friends and family. The response will be to criticize the Morrisons as greedy gold diggers and p.commers as idiots.

They will go on and on about the people on this board and how mean, nasty, and stupid they they are they are.

Sorry mei lan they will know where your info came from and you will just be another p.com nut job.

It is a really good letter, they know you can't touch them so they will just brush it off.

The GBI has already been told that the Morrisons were fairly compensated and they are just being greedy so don't pay attention to anything they tell you. Every way they have turned to people have turned away, there is no way to know if it is from fear or intimidation or some similar to what the GBI was told. One thing is for sure, not many have had the guts to tell them to their face or repeat what was said about them.

So perhaps we should just keep beating the drum.

Telling the story, letting people know how the system works, letting them know what type of people our public servants really are.

Edited by cmorg, 15 October 2014 - 07:19 PM.

• crossroads, Mrs G, Paulding Patti and 1 other like this

---

#19 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,349 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:09 PM

I wonder if the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) would take up a case like this ? According to their website : 

The ACLU is our nation's guardian of liberty, working daily in courts, legislatures and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties that the Constitution and laws of the United States guarantee everyone in this country." 

https://www.aclu.org/

Edited by CitizenCain, 15 October 2014 - 07:10 PM.

• Brian, cmorg, crossroads and 1 other like this

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#20 cmorg

cmorg

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,402 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:20 PM

I wonder if the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) would take up a case like this ? According to their website : 

The ACLU is our nation's guardian of liberty, working daily in courts, legislatures and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties that the Constitution and laws of the United States guarantee everyone in this country." 

https://www.aclu.org/

It would be interesting to find out.

• Brian and tundra like this

---

#21 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,349 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:29 PM

It wouldn't hurt to find out, they certainly have deep enough pockets to stand up to government. 

Edited by CitizenCain, 15 October 2014 - 07:29 PM.

#22 Lucky64

Lucky64

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,745 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:31 PM

If there are any nut jobs, crazies, stupid, backwards morons, liars, backstabbers, GOOD OLE BOYS, it goes to, hands down, the clowns that make up the BOC!!!

• cmorg, Mrs G, radiohead and 1 other like this

#23 tundra

tundra

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:44 PM

So who's going to contact them?  I think it should be someone close to the Morrison's or even them.  I don't have enough first hand information to peak their interest, but it sounds like something they would be interested it.  This is a gross miscarriage of justice!! 

Bring on the jobs, bring on the business leave the commercial flights at Hartsfield.

I OPPOSE COMMERCIAL AIR SERVICE. Protect Paulding County 

#24 cmorg

cmorg

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,402 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:46 PM

So who's going to contact them?  I think it should be someone close to the Morrison's or even them.  I don't have enough first hand information to peak their interest, but it sounds like something they would be interested it.  This is a gross miscarriage of justice!! 

It should be someone (or group) that has as many of the facts as possible.

---

#25 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,349 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:00 PM

It would have to be the Morrisons they have an office in Atlanta, Justice denied, EPA issues, Law Enforcement abnormalities, corrupt officials all things the ACLU loves to get their teeth into.    

ACLU Georgia 1900 The Exchange Suite 425 AtlantaGeorgia, 30339 United States Phone: 770.303.9966 Fax: 770.303.0060:

https://www.aclu.org/affiliate/georgia

Edited by CitizenCain, 15 October 2014 - 08:19 PM.

• Mrs G likes this

#26 tbird

tbird

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:17 PM

I believe if you send this to the newspaper editors at Dallas New Era, Douglas County Sentinel/Paulding Times, Marietta Daily Journal/Paulding Neighbor, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, etc), they will be happy to publish it in the newspapers. 

The Dallas New Era would NEVER post anything like that. They never go against the officials that be. Heck, they don't even hardly do any news at all, unless you happen to read the legal ads. Lots of information to be found in them--just not about the powers that be. One of the main reason I haven't bought one of their papers in YEARS. Not even worth a quarter in the store.

• Lady Raider, Lucky64 and radiohead like this

#27 cmorg

cmorg

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,402 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:22 PM

The Dallas New Era would NEVER post anything like that. They never go against the officials that be. Heck, they don't even hardly do any news at all, unless you happen to read the legal ads. Lots of information to be found in them--just not about the powers that be. One of the main reason I haven't bought one of their papers in YEARS. Not even worth a quarter in the store.

I think the Dallas New Era is a great paper.

It's usually enough to line the pan in the bird cage 3 times.

• Lady Raider, GAPEACH, ihaveadog and 2 others like this

---

#28 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:23 PM

Very well articulated. Unfortunately, I think you're addressing the wrong audience.

My beef was with the BoC, and that was to whom I addressed it.  Since I won't own property here much longer (Lord willing), I don't feel it's my place to go for larger coverage.  I just felt I needed to let them know how I felt, and to make a public stand on the issue.

FTR, while this was prompted by the eviction, that was just the prompt.  I've been thinking of writing this for a long time, but just kept putting it off.  My issue is not with the foreclosure; it's with the underlying issue of the actions of the BoC in this entire matter.

Have you looked out your window to see if a Marshal is poking around your house looking for violations.....you might be next....

Entirely possible.  However, if they can find something to ding me on, I'd be surprised.  But if they did, I'd fix it post haste.  I don't like to let my property get out of order.

Considering that the e-mail address for each one of them was the clever commissioners@paulding.gov, I'm guessing you're right.  But if they don't read their mail, that's their bad.  I said what I wanted to say.

#29 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,253 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:03 PM

There is also the option of a march or candle light vigil. The press loves those things.

We could use p.com and facebook to organize it. I always used FB pages to measure participation and had share partners on here and there to push views into the 1000"s between the 2.

A lot of people could not do much as far as money or labor, but anyone can stand in front of the courthouse with a candle or sign on Sat or Sun night.

I can coach if someone wants to take it on. I will be out of town after Monday, but I have coached organizers and fund raisers before.

El Zorro

As far as releasing my name here, it's not going to happen.  There have been people here who found someone's given name and then found where they worked and made things difficult for them - all because they didn't like them here because of their political opinions.

#30 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:09 PM

0000 Xxxxx Xxxx Drive

Acworth, GA 30101

October 15, 2014

Dallas, GA 30132

Gentlemen:

Sincerely,

(original signed by)

Xxxx X. Xxxxxx

(678) 000-0000

/jmg

If you want this read aloud at the next BoC meeting I will be glad to get someone to read it, please advise ?

It will never be aired over the commissioners web site because they always have technical difficulties with the production if someone is talking about a issue that they do not want the general population to hear

Proof of this is the last public hearing on this years budget.

The entire discussion by several citizens was deleted from the video and only the comments from the commissioners were aired, A public hearing should be aired in it's entirety.

If the Dallas new era and the Paulding Neighbor will not run this in their paper free I am willing to contribute $50.00 toward a half page ad if others will pay the difference?

• mojo413, Paulding Patti and CitizenCain like this
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has Margaret Mead

I oppose the airport expansion

http://www.savepauldingco.com/blog/

"And believe you me, if there was going to be airliners I would not be a part of this, never ever would I be a part of this"

#31 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,349 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:12 PM

There is also the option of a march or candle light vigil. The press loves those things.

We could use p.com and facebook to organize it. I always used FB pages to measure participation and had share partners on here and there to push views into the 1000"s between the 2.

A lot of people could not do much as far as money or labor, but anyone can stand in front of the courthouse with a candle or sign on Sat or Sun night.

I can coach if someone wants to take it on. I will be out of town after Monday, but I have coached organizers and fund raisers before.

That would be awesome getting enough people to show up will be the trick.  

• cmorg and TJB like this

#32 cmorg

cmorg

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,402 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:21 PM

A public hearing should be aired in it's entirety.

If the Dallas new era and the Paulding Neighbor will not run this in their paper free I am willing to contribute $50.00 toward a half page ad if others will pay the difference?

You're right - they should be aired in their entirety . . . and time stamped as proof.

The only way I will ever give money towards either of those papers is when I need to line the pan in the bird's cage.

---

#33 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:30 PM

My beef was with the BoC, and that was to whom I addressed it.  Since I won't own property here much longer (Lord willing), I don't feel it's my place to go for larger coverage.  I just felt I needed to let them know how I felt, and to make a public stand on the issue.

Considering that the e-mail address for each one of them was the clever commissioners@paulding.gov, I'm guessing you're right.  But if they don't read their mail, that's their bad.  I said what I wanted to say.

And that is the bottom line.

(no pun intended)

"If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment."
"The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself."

#34 fire911

fire911

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:10 AM

Plan it.I will be there.

0000 Xxxxx Xxxx Drive

Acworth, GA 30101

October 15, 2014

Dallas, GA 30132

Gentlemen:

Sincerely,

(original signed by)

Xxxx X. Xxxxxx

(678) 000-0000

/jmg

I think you should send a copy to the AJC,MDJ,and Judge Beavers.

• crossroads and mojo413 like this

#35 tundra

tundra

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:22 AM

If you want every commissioner to get the email, let me give you their individual email addresses.  Anyone else that would like to tell them how you feel about this, please flood their in boxes.

David Carmichael - dcarmichael@paulding.gov,

Todd Pownall - tpownall@paulding.gov

Tommie Graham - tgraham@paulding.gov, jerielinvest@bellsouth.net

David Barnett - dbarnett@paulding.gov

David Austin - daustin@paulding.gov

• Lady Raider, crossroads, Happy Wife And Mom and 1 other like this

Bring on the jobs, bring on the business leave the commercial flights at Hartsfield.

#36 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:41 AM

Thanks, tundra.

Whitey - knock yourself out, honey.  If you or someone else wants to read it at the BoC meeting, that's fine

Edited by mei lan, 16 October 2014 - 07:45 AM.

#37 tundra

tundra

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:51 AM

Thanks, tundra.

Whitey - knock yourself out, honey.  If you or someone else wants to read it at the BoC meeting, that's fine

You're welcome mei lan, they have their own folder in my email.  ;)

#38 radiohead

radiohead

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:42 AM

I think the Dallas New Era is a great paper.

It's usually enough to line the pan in the bird cage 3 times.

It goes good under the catbox.  About all it is good for.

ibatext.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cqQrqCbTHZ2l

#39 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,102 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:05 AM

What's a newspaper?

“The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money.”
Margaret Thatcher

#40 DallasRED

DallasRED

GO NAVY!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,979 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:20 AM

Does the local news stations know about this?  Maybe CNN could put it on air since it is local.

Posted Image

"Why are some people such assholes for no reason but then are the first to bitch to the mods when the tables are turned" GO BLUE

"You judge me and think you know me, and I'm quite sure we've never met. You know nothing." MADEA

"NOT ONE DAMN ONE OF YOU HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ME I CAN NOT FEEL THE WAY I DO." SOLO

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boc, morrisons, lawsuit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics