Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
LUMPY

Litter bugs annoy me

This week it's Krystal boxes and beer cans..... last week it was McDonald's bag and paper cups....granted, it's not every day they throw trash up and down the street, but it's getting old...very old....

I've never understood people throwing their trash out. It's just nasty, but it's probably how they live in their own houses.

I swear Hiram-Sudie is one of the worst around here.

• Like 2

When I stop for gas or I get home, I throw all my trash out.

Now the wife?

I think her plan is to wait till she gets enough to sell it by the pound.

(JK)

When I stop for gas or I get home, I throw all my trash out.

Now the wife?

I think her plan is to wait till she gets enough to sell it by the pound.

(JK)

Us too. Last week middleschooler stepped out of the car at JC Penney and put his foot smack dab in the middle of a DIRTY diaper. And while I DO NOT allow him to curse, there were no repercussions when he blurted out, 'Who in the HE!! would do this?', because I'd already thought in my head, 'WTF'. Normal garbage is bad enough, but a dirty diaper? OH and the best is when people empty the car ashtray in a parking lot. If cigs are so great, keep that mess inside your car with you or at least empty it in a trash can. Some people really suck.

• Like 2

It's the attitude that's the problem.

#1. It's someone else's job to take care of my trash.

#2. Any parent that has a baby in diapers, SHOULD have enough sense to take a bag to put soiled diapers in.

#3. The world is my trash can, because I can just walk away from my mess.

#4. Not my problem.

Choot em!

I once had a guy throw trash in my yard while I was standing outside on my front porch. Classy guy.

We had someone throw a bag out of their car when we were standing in the yard and it was a bag of kittens.

We had someone throw a bag out of their car when we were standing in the yard and it was a bag of kittens.

Some people are so cruel and heartless!! :cray: :angry:

That's horrible. I was at Moses a couple of weeks ago and their resource officer was in the office talking about a box of puppies that had been thrown out and 2 of the 3 puppies had died either because of the impact or the box had been hit. Anyone who can do that doesn't deserve to draw another breath in my book. But that's just me.

• Like 2

That's horrible. I was at Moses a couple of weeks ago and their resource officer was in the office talking about a box of puppies that had been thrown out and 2 of the 3 puppies had died either because of the impact or the box had been hit. Anyone who can do that doesn't deserve to draw another breath in my book. But that's just me.

Nope, it's not just you. Infuriates me and breaks my heart at the same time.

Serious question.

Is there a difference between dumping cigarette butts and dumping say a cigar or chewing tobacco wad?

If anyone cares, my answer is yes there is.

The cigarette butts have the filter which stays around for a long time.

A cigar and chewing tobacco are nothing but leaves, from start to finish.

(let's not get into any additives)

So to me it is the same as leaves falling from the trees, they will soon disintegrate from the rain, sun and friction.

Serious question.

Is there a difference between dumping cigarette butts and dumping say a cigar or chewing tobacco wad?

So to me it is the same as leaves falling from the trees, they will soon disintegrate from the rain, sun and friction.

It's all gross, but if it's been in your mouth, I don't need to see it or most especially, step in it.

• Like 4

It's all gross, but if it's been in your mouth, I don't need to see it or most especially, step in it.

Understood.

This guy puts his paper cup in his car, but notice what he does with his cigarette butt.

And this guy takes a piece of trash from someone else and throws it on the ground.

Edited by The Postman

I especially hate it when I see people toss cigarette butts out their windows. I saw someone do that just this week on East Paulding Dr. and I wanted to follow them and call them out on it but you never know what kind of crazy there is out there.

I think I became especially aware of what a problem this is about ten years ago when my kids and I did a community makeover at Roberts elementary school. One of the kids and I worked the front of the school up by the road and spent the ENTIRE day picking up cigarette butts. It was disgusting. After that I couldn't help but notice them every where I went, traffic lights, parking lots,etc...

Serious question.

what you say is true....but I'd rather step on a filter then in a wad of spit ...ok it's all nasty so take your butts home and don't spit out your window...Better yet give up tobacco .....then they don't litter the air with second hand smoke...

Edited by OSU

Years ago I have found that moist damp tobacco leaves are very effective getting rid of tree stumps.

I don't smoke cigarettes/cigars or chew tobacco leaves anymore. :bad: I was a closet smoker/chewer anyway.

Edited by Brian

My fishing buddy is one of the cleanest people I know. His house and yard are always immaculate. But get on the lake and he throws all of his trash in the lake. Pisses me off. So I get the landing net and scoop it up and put it in a locker I use as a trash can. I have just about stopped him from doing it because he knows I will shut down the fishing until I get the trash.

• Like 1

we live by a road sign, and people are all the time throwing items at the sign trying to hit it,

we live by a road sign, and people are all the time throwing items at the sign trying to hit it,

Many years ago I lived on what was known as the "by-pass" . tI is the strip of road the post office & Elrod's is on. We had the Dallas City limits sign on the road in front of our house. That sign had to find a new home, after 2 years of cleaning broken glass off my yard & porch. Yes, porch, people are not as good a shots as they think they are.

I know this is about litter bugs, but I have had enough of the stupid stink bugs.

They are everywhere . . . and everywhere else, too.

I know this is about litter bugs, but I have had enough of the stupid stink bugs.

They are everywhere . . . and everywhere else, too.

I noticed that too. A couple flew into the house when I opened the back door, they're on the windows and even my car windows.

I noticed that too. A couple flew into the house when I opened the back door, they're on the windows and even my car windows.

I kind of feel bad for them.

Nobody likes them because they smell - and probably all they want is to be loved.

Poor stinky bugs.

Many years ago I lived on what was known as the "by-pass" . tI is the strip of road the post office & Elrod's is on. We had the Dallas City limits sign on the road in front of our house. That sign had to find a new home, after 2 years of cleaning broken glass off my yard & porch. Yes, porch, people are not as good a shots as they think they are.

I know exactly were the by pass is located, I still call it that... hard to change names of roads that you have called a certain name for years lol