yo! ×
Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
covered

Paulding Airport

This has been all over the news this morning. I've heard it at least 6 times on two different stations. And you're right, it's shameful and should be embarrassing to all involved.

• Like 1

This has been all over the news this morning. I've heard it at least 6 times on two different stations. And you're right, it's shameful and should be embarrassing to all involved.

Yes, it should.....it is not a coincidence that these people have been targeted. You have the right to free speech but you have gone too far if you steal or destroy someone's property. Sickening that adults can act this way. If everyone acted out because they don't get their way we would be in a state of chaos. I love Paulding County but enough is enough! Stop acting like children!!! It's no wonder children act the way they do. Okay, rant over.....I think.

It is irresponsible and unethical for an elected official to make such slanderous accusations without evidence.

<_<

No matter the circumstances, both sides should be ashamed that we are being portrayed in a negative light in the news.......AGAIN!

I just do not believe it. The worst, most serious offense I know of is a month or so ago the "Support" group was up in arms on Facebook because someone had put a "Stop Commercial Airport" bumper sticker on a speed limit sign on 278 west of Dallas. I went out and removed it.

I just do not believe it. The worst, most serious offense I know of is a month or so ago the "Support" group was up in arms on Facebook because someone had put a "Stop Commercial Airport" bumper sticker on a speed limit sign on 278 west of Dallas. I went out and removed it.

I don't know all of the folks involved in the opposition to the airport expansion but the ones I do know would never ever do this kind of thing.

• Like 2

My wife's car has been broken into, 3 times!

I wonder if it is because of the airport issue?

Or could it be because she had stuff in her car?

(and never locked her doors)

• Like 3

Two of my credit cards were hacked last spring, one of them was used in Mexico, one in Texas.

I obviously am being attacked by supporters of both sides of the issue.

• Like 1

Two of my credit cards were hacked last spring, one of them was used in Mexico, one in Texas.

I obviously am being attacked by supporters of both sides of the issue.

Hmmmm, where do you stand on criminals crossing our borders?

That may be who is after ya.

Didn't this already come up about a month or two ago? It was just as ludicrous then as it is now. Geez, people.

Yes mei lan, this is an old story that happened a month or so ago. It's just another way for Pete Combs to dog those opposed to David Austin's scheme. They are buds and since they gave away the farm, they've got to take the heat off themselves.

Seriously, no one has stolen anything other than those responsible for the rash of break ins all over Paulding County. MrsH is right, accusing the "other" side of leaving Calvin Thompson's door opened is ludicrous.

I'm still amazed after the numerous mis-truths spread and how this deal was kept from the citizens of Paulding County that anyone believes anything they say, just because they say it.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF WHO DID ANY OF THIS.

BTW, Pete Combs was in on the story to discredit Tony Crowe's military service. Why does he have any credibility at all?

Edited by tundra
  • Like 3

The presumption regarding the hacking of bank accounts without actual monetary theft is somewhat suspicious as to motive.

A similar thing happened back in the 1960s when GM put on a full-court press against Ralph Nader after he published the book "Unsafe at any speed" that talked about the Corvair's tendency to roll in sharp maneuvers; pretty much a bad idea for a car marketed as a sporty item.

GM went into his bank accounts and snooped enough to warrant a lawsuit regarding invasion of privacy. It was a big deal in those days.

That is not to say that "Delta" or even their agents did something of this nature but hey, an independent third party could have done the snooping on the off-chance they could obtain a bounty for uncovering a suspicious payment or odd deposit of cash.

The point is there is plenty of historical precedent of private investigators exceeding their authority in their quest to find the goods on someone.

However, given the ability of groups like the NSA to snoop electronically; the proliferation of people with access to NSA files on par with the access of Snowden; the idea that one of those half-million people with access couldn't be enticed to sneak around someones' private data ought not be discounted in this day and time. And certainly, considering Delta's world-wide connections and international routes, that they would not have access to information of that sort through such channels is naive.

pubby

PS: Let me be clear. This is 100 percent pure speculation but also know that I'm staying away from these things because, well, there are probably things I wouldn't want to know ;)

The presumption regarding the hacking of bank accounts without actual monetary theft is somewhat suspicious as to motive.

A similar thing happened back in the 1960s when GM put on a full-court press against Ralph Nader after he published the book "Unsafe at any speed" that talked about the Corvair's tendency to roll in sharp maneuvers; pretty much a bad idea for a car marketed as a sporty item.

GM went into his bank accounts and snooped enough to warrant a lawsuit regarding invasion of privacy. It was a big deal in those days.

That is not to say that "Delta" or even their agents did something of this nature but hey, an independent third party could have done the snooping on the off-chance they could obtain a bounty for uncovering a suspicious payment or odd deposit of cash.

The point is there is plenty of historical precedent of private investigators exceeding their authority in their quest to find the goods on someone.

However, given the ability of groups like the NSA to snoop electronically; the proliferation of people with access to NSA files on par with the access of Snowden; the idea that one of those half-million people with access couldn't be enticed to sneak around someones' private data ought not be discounted in this day and time. And certainly, considering Delta's world-wide connections and international routes, that they would not have access to information of that sort through such channels is naive.

pubby

Really now, are you saying Delta is who hacked my son's private bank accounts? Or maybe it was the airport supporters, the airport director in particular to see if there were some "goods" to be found or perhaps some unusual deposits...............

You can't really be serious, or are you????????? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Really now, are you saying Delta is who hacked my son's private bank accounts? Or maybe it was the airport supporters, the airport director in particular to see if there were some "goods" to be found or perhaps some unusual deposits...............

You can't really be serious, or are you????????? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

All I can say is they better be able to prove it was the anti airport group if they are accusing them. They could be included in yet another law suit.....

• Like 2

I call what Combs wrote 'yellow journalism'. Plain and simple.

If Austin is so worried, he should do background checks on who HE associates with. Theft by taking ring any bells????

• Like 4

Can you define Pyschotic Paranoid Pschizofranic ?

Looking over your shoulder much David ? Boyd ? Calvin ? Blake ?

Watch out, you might get a crick in your neck to match the pain in your ass.

And If you tell yourself a lie enough times, ......you will start to believe it.

• Like 2

No. and I didn't say that they hacked the folks on the AP authority or commission.

I'm just saying that stranger things have happened and cited the very public, very much on the record investigation of Ralph Nader by GM as a proven example. I.e. things like that have happened before.

As far as your son, tundra ... remember the NSA is under Obama :)

pubby

I have breaking news for the residents of Paulding County concerning this topic!!

Jessie Ventura has heard about the conspiracy here in our county and is reviving his defunct TV show, Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura, just to investigate the conspiracy against our local officials.

Here is the latest report from Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura concerning his investigation of recent events here in Paulding County.

308 (23)

"Activists Hackers "

Date to be Announced

Ventura investigates a group of anti-commercial airport protesters, who, their opponents say, are on a secret mission to take over the world. Charges are that this group of community activists have special powers that include; hacking their opponents computers and bank accounts, disrupting meetings, hypnotizing people, removing people's brains and replacing them with jello (not just any jello, the orange jello that has the bits of fruit in it), going for hours without a bathroom break and wearing shirts that cause confusion and anger in their targets.

Just to give those who aren't familiar with Jessie's TV show, Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura, an idea of exactly how serious Jessie is, here are the synopsis of his last two shows.

As you can see, Jessie only goes after serious conspiracy theories, not anything flaky, so our problems here are a perfect fit.

306 (21)

"Manimal"

December 10, 2012

Ventura looks into various alleged human-animal hybrid experiments, beginning with a ranch suspected of breeding animals with human organs used for medical research, and when slaughtered, could end up mixed with animals later processed for human consumption. Afterward he is led to the gates of Yerkes National Primate Research Center in Atlanta, Georgia, where an animal rights crusader believes a real-life "Planet of the Apes" is being created by the government to secretly breed "humanzee" super-soldiers.

307 (22)

"Brain Invaders"

December 17, 2012

Ventura interviews a group of so-called "targeted individuals" (or "TIs") – people who claim that they are being manipulated and tortured by mind-control signals after they have spoken out against the government. He further looks into the technology that could be behind these attacks, such as microwave transmitting GWEN towers, and meets with insiders who claim to have worked on and developed the technology for the government that began with Project MKUltra.

So rest easy those who have been attacked, Jessie Ventura is on the job and will soon root out those nefarious conspirators.

Why would anyone believe what Calvin Thompson said,he has lied before.

You could search the world wide web all day long and never find a mug shot of me,can't say that about all paulding politicians.

Edited by Gone
  • Like 3

I don't know all of the folks involved in the opposition to the airport expansion but the ones I do know would never ever do this kind of thing.

EXACTLY!!!! The people "for" the airport just want the non supporters to look bad, PLAIN AND SIMPLE,!! They (the supporters) have lost their ever loving mind!!!!!

• Like 3

I call what Combs wrote 'yellow journalism'. Plain and simple.

If Austin is so worried, he should do background checks on who HE associates with. Theft by taking ring any bells????

It sure rings a bell with me, I saw a mug shot today that sure resembles a person that sits on one of his authorities.

Fact is it has cropped up in several places the past week.

Could this possibly be a inside job?

• Like 2

With all the negative things going on about Paulding county how will we ever get any business

to come to this county. It is all the fault of the BOC and the AA/IBA. If we don't get rid of the people

in the boc and the chamber that want to have a commercial airport we will never have

any business that wants to locate here. Lets eliminate to aa/iba and get someone in charge

other then the chamber to bring in companies.

STOP THE AUSTIN BROTHERS AIRPORT

post-45888-0-75691800-1411608935_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

You're absolutely right!!! Who wants to come to Paulding Co when there is a Good Ole Boy system in full force. "IF" I had known this, before I even started the "looking to buy" process or considering moving to Paulding Co, I would have looked into some properties in Carroll Co!!! Deceitful politicians are NOT my kind of people!!!

• Like 4

pubby

PS: Let me be clear. This is 100 percent pure speculation but also know that I'm staying away from these things because, well, there are probably things I wouldn't want to know ;)

So before October 3, 2013 what do we blame all citizens of Paulding County internet crime's on??? Delta secretly plotting to overtake our citizens banking records? I'm sure Sheriff Gulledge will appricate the lead.

• Like 1

More news about the Paulding Airport and the actions of our Commission. Folks this is getting uglier by the minute. I do not like this at all!

http://www.ajc.com/news/business/paulding-airport-authority-approves-land-deal/nhTTn/

After meeting with the FAA, the Paulding board of commissioners moved to make the airport authority a co-sponsor of the airport. Swafford told the board of commissioners that the sponsorship would clarify the airport’s role for the purpose of receiving federal grants.

Yet there is another reason. Swafford also said in an interview after the meeting that with the sponsorship, the land deal does not require the FAA’s approval. He said that’s because the land will change hands between two sponsors of the airport.

The airport authority approved an agreement Wednesday morning including the land deal as part of a broad shift of control of the airport from the county to the airport authority.

Swafford said the land deal would be finalized after the FAA reviewed the sponsorship.

• Like 1

More news about the Paulding Airport and the actions of our Commission. Folks this is getting uglier by the minute. I do not like this at all!

http://www.ajc.com/news/business/paulding-airport-authority-approves-land-deal/nhTTn/

After meeting with the FAA, the Paulding board of commissioners moved to make the airport authority a co-sponsor of the airport. Swafford told the board of commissioners that the sponsorship would clarify the airport’s role for the purpose of receiving federal grants.

Yet there is another reason. Swafford also said in an interview after the meeting that with the sponsorship, the land deal does not require the FAA’s approval. He said that’s because the land will change hands between two sponsors of the airport.

The airport authority approved an agreement Wednesday morning including the land deal as part of a broad shift of control of the airport from the county to the airport authority.

Swafford said the land deal would be finalized after the FAA reviewed the sponsorship.

News Junky

Regardless of what this lame duck commission does I still have faith in the Political and court systems and I feel assured that this matter will be cleared up in due time.

No politician in Paulding County has ever been allowed to go against the will of the people like the Austin boys have and not have to give an accounting to the citizens.

These two brothers are ignoring the wishes of the voters and the wrath will come down on them very soon.

The airport authority ignored the commissioner that represents that district and this certainty will not stand the test of time.

• Like 3

As per Sonny and Cher, The Beat Goes On!!!

You have to wonder who is advising whom with our arrogant BoC, and THE FIRM provide the legal advise.

The BoC acknowledges SOMEONE with deep, deep pockets is helping pay their oppositions legal fees while the Paulding tax payers foot the bill for THE FIRM, yet they seem to go out of their way to piss off and give the finger to their opposition,.... As well as the FAA, EPA, and every other agency or group involved.

Can we say NEGOTIATIONS?

Oh he'll no, damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead.

THE FIRM.is on their way to their best year ever since the real estate closing business crashed. And they have a cash cow by the horns with no intentions of letting it go.

Our BoC keeps writing the checks and blindly following everything THE FIRM advises them to do. Talk about the foxes guarding the chicken coop, this is unreal.

For Gods sake, use some common sense guys. Sit down with all parties involved and work out a plan, without commercial certification of PJU/Silver Comet Gield, and move on. Quit pissing away tax dollars paying lawyers to fight a battle you can't win.

Admit you were WRONG with how you did your Propellars deal with Brett Smith , apologize to the citizens for wasting the money already down the drain, and then we can all move forward together to make PJU as successful a general aviation airport as McCollum is.

If we can get half of the industrial base that Cobb got from McCollum, then We will come out smelling like roses. Otherwise, this whole airport fiasco will continue stinking like the old spray fields.

• Like 3

As per Sonny and Cher, The Beat Goes On!!!

You have to wonder who is advising whom with our arrogant BoC, and THE FIRM provide the legal advise.

The BoC acknowledges SOMEONE with deep, deep pockets is helping pay their oppositions legal fees while the Paulding tax payers foot the bill for THE FIRM, yet they seem to go out of their way to piss off and give the finger to their opposition,.... As well as the FAA, EPA, and every other agency or group involved.

Can we say NEGOTIATIONS?

Oh he'll no, damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead.

THE FIRM.is on their way to their best year ever since the real estate closing business crashed. And they have a cash cow by the horns with no intentions of letting it go.

Our BoC keeps writing the checks and blindly following everything THE FIRM advises them to do. Talk about the foxes guarding the chicken coop, this is unreal.

For Gods sake, use some common sense guys. Sit down with all parties involved and work out a plan, without commercial certification of PJU/Silver Comet Gield, and move on. Quit pissing away tax dollars paying lawyers to fight a battle you can't win.

Admit you were WRONG with how you did your Propellars deal with Brett Smith , apologize to the citizens for wasting the money already down the drain, and then we can all move forward together to make PJU as successful a general aviation airport as McCollum is.

If we can get half of the industrial base that Cobb got from McCollum, then We will come out smelling like roses. Otherwise, this whole airport fiasco will continue stinking like the old spray fields.

Three little words - NO COMMERCIAL AIRPORT.

It all goes away, the legal fees. the public out cry. Every time a law suit is filed, the firm sees dollar signs. Of course they don't want this to go away. Since the housing crash, they have become dependent on the County for income. It's Cable's job to guarantee the income of the firm.

Just think how much money we taxpayers could save with an in house legal team that didn't depend on court cases to keep them in business.

Edited by tundra
  • Like 4

Three little words - NO COMMERCIAL AIRPORT.

It all goes away, the legal fees. the public out cry. Every time a law suit is filed, the firm sees dollar signs. Of course they don't want this to go away. Since the housing crash, they have become dependent on the County for income. It's Cable's job to guarantee the income of the firm.

Just think how much money we taxpayers could save with an in house legal team that didn't depend on court cases to keep them in business.

And wasting tax payer money litigating cases they know they can't win, but where they can rack up substantial litigating fees.

Hello? Austin, do you really think all the citizens are that stupid so as to not see and understand what you and your bobbleheads are doing with these lawsuits ? And yes, I believe THE FIRM was a major contributor to your campaign war chest.

• Like 5

And wasting tax payer money litigating cases they know they can't win, but where they can rack up substantial litigating fees.

Hello? Austin, do you really think all the citizens are that stupid so as to not see and understand what you and your bobbleheads are doing with these lawsuits ? And yes, I believe THE FIRM was a major contributor to your campaign war chest.

"No Commercial Airport". And I know another case that could have been settled with 3 words too "We Were Wrong".

• Like 2

"No Commercial Airport". And I know another case that could have been settled with 3 words too "We Were Wrong".

But this is where some of you are wrong. This might be what you guys want; however, that does not mean that a larger number of citizens of this county do not want it. This group and the opinions of the members of the anti airport group do not speak for the majority of the citizens of the county, they speak for themselves.

On the other hand, the pro airport supporters do not speak for the entire population of the county, they speak for themselves.

And before you all say "put it on the ballot", we have rehashed this over and over again. Our elected officials are simply attempting to make the best use possible of an already existing facility. They are acting responsibly and that is what we elected them to do. They don't have to come to us with each and every decision they make - we elected them to represent us and that is what they are doing.

And again, I know that the Chairman of the Airport Authority said "no commercial service" a few years ago. And again, we all know circumstances change every day of our human lives - you can count on that! We all change our mind on occasion due to unforeseen circumstances, etc. That is called life.

And just because some people don't agree with their decisions doesn't make them bad people, doesn't make them ignorant, doesn't make them irresponsible, doesn't make them corrupt.

I can attest to the fact that during this commercialization of the airport issue, I have also talked to many, many citizens of this wonderful county that we live in. I chose to talk to people that I felt would be on both sides of the issue and I listened to their reasoning and their own ideas and I tried very hard to be respectful for those on all sides of the issue. To be blunt, I came across many more people of our county that were in support of the commercialization of the airport than I did those who opposed it. In fact just yesterday, I ran into a group of people in downtown Dallas that I assumed would be very opposed to the airport. As we were talking, they outright said they were in full support of commercialization of the airport and asked if I knew what they could do to become more involved with the pro movement. To be perfectly honest, I would have never thought this particular group of people would have been in support of commercializing the airport. And before you ask, there were 3 of this group that live within very close proximity of the airport.

What is not being said here by some of you is that there are many, many people in our county that support commercialization of the airport and the opportunity it brings as to economic development and jobs. Of course it is not going to happen overnight. It is an investment. Investments typically do not have immediate returns. It is an investment toward the future of our citizens of our county, their children and their grandchildren.

I have told many of you that I respect and admire you for standing up for what you believe in and holding our elected officials accountable. Communication is a key factor in our community in coming together for a project of such magnitude as our airport. You have done a great job in getting your voices heard and letting our elected officials know they will be held accountable and there is no arguing this. There can be nothing but good that comes from letting our elected officials know we are paying attention. However, it is not fair to the elected officials and their families to have such accusations being tossed about regarding their honesty, integrity, responsibility, etc. JUST BECAUSE THEY MADE DECISIONS THAT SOME DON'T AGREE WITH. It is not fair for them to be called corrupt, stupid, accused of "padding their own pockets", etc.

I mean really, how many of us here are experts in aviation, economic development, economics, etc.? I will go ahead and tell you up front, I am not an expert in these areas but I do understand about investing for the future.

Here is some information that I think every single citizen of our county will find very informative and enlightening:

This information was relayed to me by the son of an 87 year old gentleman who has lived in Paulding County all his life (as did his father, grandfather, and great grandfather). This particular family has always been a very involved, civic minded, contributing family. On the way out of a recent community meeting, the 87 year old gentleman relayed the story to his son of why the Goodyear Plant was built in Rockmart in 1928. It turns out that Goodyear wanted to locate in Paulding County because of the good rail access and proximity to Atlanta. Well, some of the citizens of Paulding County in 1928 fought the idea because they did not want to lose their “way of life”. Rather than fight the citizens, Goodyear moved one county to the west into the open (business friendly) arms of Rockmart. The same thing happened a generation later when Tip Top Poultry wanted to open the Rockmart processing plant in Paulding County. A very vocal and active minority of citizens in Paulding County have been fighting progress for at least 100 years.

Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it. Our children and grandchildren will continue the horrible daily grind of a commute to more "business friendly" areas. Other areas that are "business friendly" will continue to reap the benefits that come along with being a "business friendly" community while we as Paulding County homeowners will continue the endless grind of paying the majority of the taxes, while giving up an opportunity to even out our tax base by continuing to not support economic development in our county.

I sincerely hope that our county will become more open and inviting for business opportunities and that we will quit affording our surrounding counties the opportunities that we could be enjoying ourselves. I look forward to the day that instead of our homeowner's bearing over 70% of the property tax burden, that it will become industry and commercial that bears the 70% and us homeowner's bearing the 30%.

• Like 1

Beach Bum

If so many people support this airport,then why was the guy that started the whole thing fired in the next election after he went behind the peoples back?(Jerry Shearin)

And why were the 2 commissioners who are pro commercial fired in the next election after the commercialization came out?

• Like 5

But this is where some of you are wrong. This might be what you guys want; however, that does not mean that a larger number of citizens of this county do not want it. This group and the opinions of the members of the anti airport group do not speak for the majority of the citizens of the county, they speak for themselves.

On the other hand, the pro airport supporters do not speak for the entire population of the county, they speak for themselves.

And before you all say "put it on the ballot", we have rehashed this over and over again. Our elected officials are simply attempting to make the best use possible of an already existing facility. They are acting responsibly and that is what we elected them to do. They don't have to come to us with each and every decision they make - we elected them to represent us and that is what they are doing.

And again, I know that the Chairman of the Airport Authority said "no commercial service" a few years ago. And again, we all know circumstances change every day of our human lives - you can count on that! We all change our mind on occasion due to unforeseen circumstances, etc. That is called life.

And just because some people don't agree with their decisions doesn't make them bad people, doesn't make them ignorant, doesn't make them irresponsible, doesn't make them corrupt.

I can attest to the fact that during this commercialization of the airport issue, I have also talked to many, many citizens of this wonderful county that we live in. I chose to talk to people that I felt would be on both sides of the issue and I listened to their reasoning and their own ideas and I tried very hard to be respectful for those on all sides of the issue. To be blunt, I came across many more people of our county that were in support of the commercialization of the airport than I did those who opposed it. In fact just yesterday, I ran into a group of people in downtown Dallas that I assumed would be very opposed to the airport. As we were talking, they outright said they were in full support of commercialization of the airport and asked if I knew what they could do to become more involved with the pro movement. To be perfectly honest, I would have never thought this particular group of people would have been in support of commercializing the airport. And before you ask, there were 3 of this group that live within very close proximity of the airport.

What is not being said here by some of you is that there are many, many people in our county that support commercialization of the airport and the opportunity it brings as to economic development and jobs. Of course it is not going to happen overnight. It is an investment. Investments typically do not have immediate returns. It is an investment toward the future of our citizens of our county, their children and their grandchildren.

I have told many of you that I respect and admire you for standing up for what you believe in and holding our elected officials accountable. Communication is a key factor in our community in coming together for a project of such magnitude as our airport. You have done a great job in getting your voices heard and letting our elected officials know they will be held accountable and there is no arguing this. There can be nothing but good that comes from letting our elected officials know we are paying attention. However, it is not fair to the elected officials and their families to have such accusations being tossed about regarding their honesty, integrity, responsibility, etc. JUST BECAUSE THEY MADE DECISIONS THAT SOME DON'T AGREE WITH. It is not fair for them to be called corrupt, stupid, accused of "padding their own pockets", etc.

I mean really, how many of us here are experts in aviation, economic development, economics, etc.? I will go ahead and tell you up front, I am not an expert in these areas but I do understand about investing for the future.

Here is some information that I think every single citizen of our county will find very informative and enlightening:

This information was relayed to me by the son of an 87 year old gentleman who has lived in Paulding County all his life (as did his father, grandfather, and great grandfather). This particular family has always been a very involved, civic minded, contributing family. On the way out of a recent community meeting, the 87 year old gentleman relayed the story to his son of why the Goodyear Plant was built in Rockmart in 1928. It turns out that Goodyear wanted to locate in Paulding County because of the good rail access and proximity to Atlanta. Well, some of the citizens of Paulding County in 1928 fought the idea because they did not want to lose their “way of life”. Rather than fight the citizens, Goodyear moved one county to the west into the open (business friendly) arms of Rockmart. The same thing happened a generation later when Tip Top Poultry wanted to open the Rockmart processing plant in Paulding County. A very vocal and active minority of citizens in Paulding County have been fighting progress for at least 100 years. Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it and our children and grandchildren will continue the horrible daily grind of a commute to more "business friendly" areas.

BB,

Last First.....Forget a poultry killing plant, or further processing plant in Paulding, and I speak from experience.

Not enough water, at a high price, but even worse for us, is every gallong of nice clean, expensive Cobb water that Paulding would have sold Tip Top, also was a gallon that Paulding would get back to clean, before dumping. You don't want to know what pathogen load that water has...to numberous to count is an understatement. Not to mention, poultry plants locate rurally as we hire, the un-hireable, at the bottom of the wage scale.

Nope, no poultry or other livestock processing plants for Paulding.

Now explain to me, and I will read slowly, just why it might be such a bad, horrible, disgusting thing to put the airport disagreements on the ballot in November ?

We are already having a General state wide election, which should bring a reasonable turn out. What is so wrong with letting the people speak, and taking the answer they give to the bank ?

We were allowed to vote on it before, where we decided 70-30% NOT to fund it. That was the only choice given on the ballot. But then Shearin and company did it anyway, WITH US, the TAXPAYERS of PAULDING funding a substantial [$25-$30 million is a lot of money in my book] amount of it.

I checked, and the cost for such an item on the ballot, non-binding, just a straw poll vote, but one what would once and for all answer the question as to whether the majority of the county voters want the airport commercialized.

Tell me why this cannot be put on the ballot, .....and setled.

• Like 4

BB,

Last First.....Forget a poultry killing plant, or further processing plant in Paulding, and I speak from experience.

Not enough water, at a high price, but even worse for us, is every gallong of nice clean, expensive Cobb water that Paulding would have sold Tip Top, also was a gallon that Paulding would get back to clean, before dumping. You don't want to know what pathogen load that water has...to numberous to count is an understatement. Not to mention, poultry plants locate rurally as we hire, the un-hireable, at the bottom of the wage scale.

Now explain to me, and I will read slowly, just why it might be such a bad, horrible, disgusting thing to put the airport disagreements on the ballot in November ?

We are already having a General state wide election, which should bring a reasonable turn out. What is so wrong with letting the people speak, and taking the answer they give to the bank ?

We were allowed to vote on it before, where we decided 70-30% NOT to fund it. That was the only choice given on the ballot. But then Shearin and company did it anyway, WITH US, the TAXPAYERS of PAULDING funding a substantial [$25-$30 million is a lot of money in my book] amount of it.

I checked, and the cost for such an item on the ballot, non-binding, just a straw poll vote, but one what would once and for all answer the question as to whether the majority of the county voters want the airport commercialized.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Not to mention 3/4 of Paulding County voted in May. The anti-airport candidates won. Does anyone really believe one post would have changed the outcome of Posts 2, 3 & 4? The residents of Post 1 can't vote in those other posts. Based on my boots on the ground experience, indeed the folks in Post 1 are also opposed to commercialization 2-1. Put it on the ballot.

Edited by tundra
  • Like 2

BB,

As we are all aware, the airport is here - it is not going anywhere. Why would they not utilize our assets to their fullest potential?

You and I both know that the majority of the funds used to construct the airport came from the FAA. Yes, I realize we as taxpayers are "footing some of the bill" for the airport. What is done is done as far as the airport being constructed. Our elected officials have a responsibility to us to utilize it in the manner that will best benefit the overall good of the people of Paulding County.

So, we put it on the ballot. IF it gets turned down, do we let an approximately 50 million dollar asset go to waste? Would that be a fiscally sound decision?

If it gets turned down we make it the best General Aviation airport in the Southeast. Isn't that what we were promised, why was it never marketed as such. Paulding County is probably the best there is at building stuff, they just don't know what to do with it after it's built. Three little words, NO COMMERCIAL AIRPORT. It all goes away.

Put it on the ballot.

First we know the current majority of BOC will never allow a third referendum on the airport.

The way a majority of the BOC chose to handle this issue is why we are where we are at today. Just today we read in the AJC the local motivation for the recent resolution passed this week was not what was said in this week's BOC meetings. This is a typical ploy that has been used to keep the citizens in the dark concerning the future of our airport for over a year. Shame on us when local leaders will stand in front of the citizens and tell bold face lies. We now know "Housekeeping" was a code word for "transfer land between 2 sponsors without FAA approval required".

I personally feel this issue will never be resolved locally, but in Washington, DC. I would not be surprised if this issue is decided in front on the Supreme Court, unless a peace maker will rise up after January 1.

• Like 1

BB,

I think that would have to have been added to the ballot the week of qualifying. I could be wrong.......

Sadly I think that too many egos are now involved to try and resolve this issue sensibly and with what is best for the county in mind.

There may also be other reasons that keep it from being resolved.

I do believe this, but I have to say upfront that I could be wrong, that the people who have been running the airport deal are not doing the best job that could be done.

I would like to see us hire someone with experience in running a general aviation airport and have them put together a plan for the airport and have it released to the general public.

It should be a two pronged plan, one for general aviation and one for commercial aviation.

Heck, if the current people in charge released such a plan, it would (IMHO) be a great step forward.

The plan should include, where we are, where we are trying to get to in 1 yr, 5 yrs, 10 yrs and 20 yrs and what we will try to do to accomplish these goals.

I may not like everything in the plan, but heck at least I know we got a plan.

At this time it feels like we are flying by the seat of our pants, changing with the wind.

(how about the flying analogy in an airport post, pretty good, huh?)

As we are all aware, the airport is here - it is not going anywhere. Why would they not utilize our assets to their fullest potential?

You and I both know that the majority of the funds used to construct the airport came from the FAA. Yes, I realize we as taxpayers are "footing some of the bill" for the airport. What is done is done as far as the airport being constructed. Our elected officials have a responsibility to us to utilize it in the manner that will best benefit the overall good of the people of Paulding County.

So, we put it on the ballot. IF it gets turned down, do we let an approximately 50 million dollar asset go to waste? Would that be a fiscally sound decision?

BB,

Why is McCollum able to be so, so successful as a GA only airport ? And the others in the state that are profitable without commercial ?

The ON:LY thing we get for commercial is another $850,000 a year from the feds. But, we have to spend $30 to $50 million to get that annual stipend. That is one hell of a long, long, long term payback in my book. Take that same money, build spec buildings and buildable industrial sites, and fill them up instead.

So the majority of the funds were or will be someday [if Blake hasn't F.U. more than we know]. But the bottom line here is the voters in a valid referendum soundly defeated funding even $0.01, yeah, 1 cent, for the airport. To date we have funded, non re-imbursed what....$30million ? Problem is no one seems to know how much and they can't find the records, and they want $40million more ?!?!?

Crap on me once, shame on you. Crap on me twice, shame on me. Crap on me 3 times, and some heads should be rolling.

Who said anything about letting our $65Million, not $50] go to waste ?

The object, as I understand it is to create well paying jpbs. Like at McCollum and the surrounding area. Which is NOT a commercial facility. So why can't we emulate them and do the same ?

What makes you think running it as a commercial endeavor will make money at all, let alone like Cobb does ?

If commercial was such a great thing, why hasn't McCollum moved to commercial ? They certainly have the infrastructure we don't, yet after all these years they have chosen to stay as a GA airport. Does Blake and company have some ultra secret recipe for success the powers that be in Cobb have missed ? I seriously doubt it. SERIOUSLY. They know what they are doing. Our guys don't have a clue other than writing checks they can't cover.

• Like 2