Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Mrskittycat

whats happened to Paulding.com?

I really miss the old Paulding .com these days it's just nit pick bitch bitch bitch....I always enjoyed the old post and even liked joking around in good humor. But these days it's just a same old grind most of it over nothing! I know I have the right not to read post I disagree with but gee whiz lately that doesn't leave much. So at any rate I wish you all well.

• Like 5

Too many people have left this site and don't post anymore.

All that's left is family and well, you know, families fight. LOL

That's all I got.

I miss it too.

• Like 3

The only thing I don't miss is when anxiety, or fear, whichever, is spread by people who know we stand a better chance, of being struck by lightening, than whatever they propagate will, or is going to, happen.

The only thing I don't miss is when anxiety, or fear, whichever, is spread by people who know we stand a better chance, of being struck by lightening, than whatever they propagate will, or is going to, happen.

Sorry but YOU do a very good job at that YOURSELF. No matter what the subject is about, YOU come on all about the size of someones brain and such! Really dude learn YOU can't make everyone come over to your way of thinking! There is no reason to keep harping about someones nutty brain.But as I said everyone has the right to post as they want, and we all have the right to agree or disagree,but all this talk about the size of your (whatever the heck it was in your brain ) gives me a headache.I don't pretend to know everything, and we are all different in our beliefs...that's what makes us unique! Heaven forbid we all become like replications of each other how boring would that be? to make a good pot of soup you need a mix of things, to spice it up and make it flavorful. Oh well done with rant ,and really I DON'T mean to offend anyone.

• Like 7

what happened ?

1 facebook

2 A butt hurt political run

3 A troll

• Like 6

I think Pcom maxed out or topped out the evening David Austin beat Jerry Shearin in the Republican Primary.

My guess is 60 to 70 Pcom'ers were at the Dallas Civic Center waiting for the results to come in till about midnight.

The difference between then and now? People were proud of their screen names back then. Because people introduced themselves in public by their screen name there was more accountability if they stepped out of line by personally insulting another member.

• Like 2

Pubby. That's what happened. Dude SERIOUSLY needs a customer service rep, correction GOOD customer service rep.

I did all that while not even being one of the top ten posters? Cool.

pubby

PS: Secondhandsmith: I think #1 on your list is the major factor, especially when the business leaders at the Chamber chose to embrace that effort to send money to California, is a key bit. The political run was an effort to find a new source of income to replace that which has evaporated here. I think some folks took it too seriously.

And the final reason - troll ... is not true. If anything it would be 'troll(s)' as it always takes two to tango. That there were those on here (and some still here) who made it a point to attack the business interests not only of pcom but of supporters, I think played a role. In addition, I think there were other forces/agendas involved but it should be undisputed that pcom's success made it a target going back at least eight years.

Petty rivalries that may have not have even been at all associated with the site but which 'came here' probably also lent fuel to the nay-sayers who targeted the site.

Even the 'comforting model' of the now near defunct Patch contributed because my model was based on making it possible for newsmakers to post their own news whereas their model, funded by close to a half-million dollars over the course of that experiment, was to do the news as a service ... raising expectations.

Bottom line is the bottom line and if I were ruled by the bottom line, I'd be long gone.

pubby

I did all that while not even being one of the top ten posters? Cool.

pubby

PS: Secondhandsmith: I think #1 on your list is the major factor, especially when the business leaders at the Chamber chose to embrace that effort to send money to California, is a key bit. The political run was an effort to find a new source of income to replace that which has evaporated here. I think some folks took it too seriously.

And the final reason - troll ... is not true. If anything it would be 'troll(s)' as it always takes two to tango. That there were those on here (and some still here) who made it a point to attack the business interests not only of pcom but of supporters, I think played a role. In addition, I think there were other forces/agendas involved but it should be undisputed that pcom's success made it a target going back at least eight years.

Petty rivalries that may have not have even been at all associated with the site but which 'came here' probably also lent fuel to the nay-sayers who targeted the site.

Even the 'comforting model' of the now near defunct Patch contributed because my model was based on making it possible for newsmakers to post their own news whereas their model, funded by close to a half-million dollars over the course of that experiment, was to do the news as a service ... raising expectations.

Bottom line is the bottom line and if I were ruled by the bottom line, I'd be long gone.

pubby

Yep, you get the credit. Your site, your screw up. Own it.

• Like 5

I do not believe pubby had anything to do with a pcom downfall.Heck,he takes more insults than he dishes out.

I think it is just facebook and it grows bigger day by day.

• Like 3

While things have changed on Pcom and sometimes mean spirit and bitterness wins the day, there's still much good to be found here. Like if your business door needs fixing, it gets fixed. Or if you need sugar and aren't able to get out and get any, someone takes you some. Or when a family is in need at Christmas or Thanksgiving and a person/people step up to organize help and then the help pours in. Or if you ask for prayer or support because you're having a hard time, it comes.

There are always people, who no matter what, that will try to throw a wrench into anything, Pcom is no different. I'm usually prepared to take the good with the bad just like I'm prepared to do that in every other aspect of my life. So much BS on here is just to cause strife. Posters will throw out a comment and sit back and wait and then have a good laugh on those who bite.

But let me be clear, it's still 1000% better than FB.

Edited by momof 3
  • Like 11

Actually, I think folks got tired of the trolls and the insults.

Things got really nasty around here a long time ago and it never really recovered. And it seems like there's always someone or many that are in the business of trying to tear this place down.

They have succeeded.

And speaking of family, my uncle Eddie gets on my last nerve :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 8

Sorry but YOU do a very good job at that YOURSELF. No matter what the subject is about, YOU come on all about the size of someones brain and such! Really dude learn YOU can't make everyone come over to your way of thinking! There is no reason to keep harping about someones nutty brain.But as I said everyone has the right to post as they want, and we all have the right to agree or disagree,but all this talk about the size of your (whatever the heck it was in your brain ) gives me a headache.I don't pretend to know everything, and we are all different in our beliefs...that's what makes us unique! Heaven forbid we all become like replications of each other how boring would that be? to make a good pot of soup you need a mix of things, to spice it up and make it flavorful. Oh well done with rant ,and really I DON'T mean to offend anyone.

If it wasn't for, CC, me, and a few others, to stand up for our civil liberties, on here, this sight would not be purple, but red. I don't get on Facebook, because of the ugly things people say, and the anxiety riddled behavior.

I work hard to find the truth before I ever post it, and I go against emotionally charged outbursts with a passion. I do that because I believe in the truth, and like to let it be known, when I see someone propagating bullchit to my very good family friends. Believe it or not, there are people who will not, or can not speak out the truth, because of the emotional outburst of people with high anxiety traits. People who are out working the hardest, on dirty jobs, and don't even have time to get on, p.com, gets cut down like they were dogs, while they have said nothing.

I used to think Neal Boortz must get on here with some of his insensitivity toward everyone but the people with money. You are leaving a whole lot of people behind in a state that is turning more purple every day. And, that may be because some white people are like me. People who do not cut little people down, and at the same time call myself a Bible Belt Christian.

I have been trying to find the truth behind conservative anxiety, because there has to be some reason people are so vulnerable to all kinds of fear. Yes, just plain old chicken little fear. Someone used to could post something about an emotional, and fearful incident, and the topic would be heavy with conservative attitudes.

Thank you for allowing me to reply to your post, OSU!

I appreciate you.

Edited by The Postman
  • Like 1

What has happened to Pcom?..............Facebook. I like Pcom's format much better than Facebook's, although I kinda liked the way the old one was the best. But, I like all the free yard sale sites on Facebook, and that has gotten me kinda hooked. But I do still like to come here to see what is happening in the county. :)

• Like 1

If it wasn't for, CC, me, and a few others, to stand up for our civil liberties, on here, this sight would not be purple, but red. I don't get on Facebook, because of the ugly things people say, and the anxiety riddled behavior.

I work hard to find the truth before I ever post it, and I go against emotionally charged outbursts with a passion. I do that because I believe in the truth, and like to let it be known, when I see someone propagating bullchit to my very good family friends. Believe it or not, there are people who will not, or can not speak out the truth, because of the emotional outburst of people with high anxiety traits. People who are out working the hardest, on dirty jobs, and don't even have time to get on, p.com, gets cut down like they were dogs, while they have said nothing.

I used to think Neal Boortz must get on here with some of his insensitivity toward everyone but the people with money. You are leaving a whole lot of people behind in a state that is turning more purple every day. And, that may be because some white people are like me. People who do not cut little people down, and at the same time call myself a Bible Belt Christian.

I have been trying to find the truth behind conservative anxiety, because there has to be some reason people are so vulnerable to all kinds of fear. Yes, just plain old chicken little fear. Someone used to could post something about an emotional, and fearful incident, and the topic would be heavy with conservative attitudes.

Thank you for allowing me to reply to your post, OSU!

I appreciate you.

Thank you...you are welcome I hate it when I post on a bad day...I hate it when I feel like I attack others for their beliefs. But on the other hand I get so tired of politics and Black and white and I'm right and your wrong....so I give myself time out sit in the corner and zip my lip turn the other cheek and 40 lashes with a whip stick my head in the sand whatever

• Like 1

What has happened to Pcom?..............Facebook. I like Pcom's format much better than Facebook's, although I kinda liked the way the old one was the best. But, I like all the free yard sale sites on Facebook, and that has gotten me kinda hooked. But I do still like to come here to see what is happening in the county. :)

I would have agreed with you before the last Pcom & Facebook upgrades.

I'm on an iPhone and now Pcom is harder to navigate. I have to log back in each time I return, many functions such as editing I have to scroll down the page to find the icon to send. I have to scroll more to find things like Sign On or Messages. Facebook logs on quicker and there's pages I scan to follow and I've been invited to a couple of Private Pages where it's actually super easy to view.

There are some major problems on P'Com. I think most here know what they are.

But Facebook is probably the big cause. Most forums have seen a major falloff on activity due to Facebook.

I just ignore people/threads I know I won't like. I do like that we have the freedom to disagree here, and Pubby knows I'm a big fan (even if I do think he's a big poo-poo head some of the time :D ).

• Like 2

I'll be damn! I can log in under my old user name. I can chime in on my thoughts if any one is interested. :lol:

Dayum! Who you recond did that? :lol: :clapping: :hi:

I'm just livin' da dream :rofl:

And I know you are, being in Wilmington at the beach and in movies and all that!

Yeah, I take the beach for granted being a "local". Filming has been good this year on a few productions but about to end since the film incentives expire at the end of this year. Look out...............filming crews and family are moving to Georgia! Working Friday on a ABC tv show, have had a reoccurring BG role on Sleepy Hollow until December

Yeah, I take the beach for granted being a "local". Filming has been good this year on a few productions but about to end since the film incentives expire at the end of this year. Look out...............filming crews and family are moving to Georgia! Working Friday on a ABC tv show, have had a reoccurring BG role on Sleepy Hollow until December

I watch that show. I thought it got canceled.

I watch that show. I thought it got canceled.

Sleepy Hollow? Nah, FOX ordered a second season. Started filming late April/early May. FOX ordered 18 episodes which is unusual for a network to do but season 1 was a big hit. Season 2 premieres 9/22. I'm a background Orderly in a majority of the episodes that pertain, even thou we still have about three months to film

• Like 1

Sleepy Hollow? Nah, FOX ordered a second season. Started filming late April/early May. FOX ordered 18 episodes which is unusual for a network to do but season 1 was a big hit. Season 2 premieres 9/22. I'm a background Orderly in a majority of the episodes that pertain, even thou we still have about three months to film

I will look forward to new season and will also try to find you in it. :)

• Like 1

We are looking forward to the new season. Awesome show!!!

We are looking forward to the new season. Awesome show!!!

Awesome. Very interesting production to be apart of. The special effects and flashback scenes are unreal. Not sure if I can upload pics, got some pics from the studio last year and out on location. Cannot post any pics from season 2 since it has not aired yet

• Like 1

Maybe there's a little spark left in the tired old body.

Today is the first time in a long time I have seen the number of topics discussed in the last 24 hours go over 50.

• Like 1

i can't hear any more ,and we moved to a bad spot, so my scanner was not picking up clearly-that left me unable to keep up with the scanner news . so i turned to facebook with family ,and on here occasionally . Another thing the tunnels shut down.

i can't hear any more ,and we moved to a bad spot, so my scanner was not picking up clearly-that left me unable to keep up with the scanner news . so i turned to facebook with family ,and on here occasionally . Another thing the tunnels shut down.

You have to know I cried when you moved :) ... Seriously, your contribution in those was great. I don't type fast enough to do it and I don't think with the current radio system that it can even be done.

pubby

You have to know I cried when you moved :) ... Seriously, your contribution in those was great. I don't type fast enough to do it and I don't think with the current radio system that it can even be done.

pubby

THANKS. yes , the new radio system leaves me unable to hear everything . i did enjoy doing the reports, and I appreciated all the help you and other furnished me

• Like 1

I really miss the old Paulding .com these days it's just nit pick bitch bitch bitch....I always enjoyed the old post and even liked joking around in good humor. But these days it's just a same old grind most of it over nothing! I know I have the right not to read post I disagree with but gee whiz lately that doesn't leave much. So at any rate I wish you all well.

Give Reddit.com a try. It is full of interesting topics that change regularly. There are some very witty people on there and an amazing amount of categories in which to browse. There are sub-reddits for the Atlanta area and a quick search brought up quite a few involving Paulding County. There is some adult material so I don't recommend it for kids.

We're told over and over and over and over and over and over to "Stand Up, Speak Out, And Talk Back; It's The Right Thing To Do" but when we do, the person demanding that we Stand Up, Speak Out, And Talk Back; It's The Right Thing To Do cries because he feels persecuted and picked on.

If anyone else were to post the same topic over and over and over and over and over and over and over, or acted like a 2 year old when anyone tried to point out errors in our logic, we'd be banned for life.

How many visitors see that poster's many daily topics and decide P.com isn't worth the time to visit?

• Like 14

"I work hard to find the truth before I ever post it"

I don't know if you just wrote that intending to be funny or not, however... thank you for the laugh!

• Like 1

Yup. That Poster has spoiled pcom.

"I work hard to find the truth before I ever post it"

I don't know if you just wrote that intending to be funny or not, however... thank you for the laugh!

Glad you liked it, Elysium! :give_rose: