Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
jdoxakis01

Has anyone ever had any problems with the ambulance service here in Paulding?

Honestly, unless you have significant training (not just reading the internet. Being a CNA doesn't equal significant training, etc.) you likely won't know good from bad care. Many times the layperson's perception of care given is much different than actual care given. A lot to do the the level of friendliness from the crew greatly impacts the layperson's perception of care.

The patient can call Metro and convey their concerns. I'm sure they would research and follow up.

All that being said, my guess is you called for an ambulance and it was probably BS and someone could have taken the patient to urgent care instead of calling 911. Some responders, at times, may get a little tired of BS calls and that frustration might show a little - thus your interpretation of bad care. I could be wrong, but that's my guess. Very few calls are actual true emergencies. But from the layperson perspective, everything is an emergency.

Hope that helps!

Honestly, unless you have significant training (not just reading the internet. Being a CNA doesn't equal significant training, etc.) you likely won't know good from bad care. Many times the layperson's perception of care given is much different than actual care given. A lot to do the the level of friendliness from the crew greatly impacts the layperson's perception of care.

The patient can call Metro and convey their concerns. I'm sure they would research and follow up.

All that being said, my guess is you called for an ambulance and it was probably BS and someone could have taken the patient to urgent care instead of calling 911. Some responders, at times, may get a little tired of BS calls and that frustration might show a little - thus your interpretation of bad care. I could be wrong, but that's my guess. Very few calls are actual true emergencies. But from the layperson perspective, everything is an emergency.

Hope that helps!

Her brother just died. I'm thinking her experience was probably related to that. Jerk.

• Like 2

Her brother just died. I'm thinking her experience was probably related to that. Jerk.

There goes my donation to the humane society.

At some point people have to quit blaming others and accept responsibility.

I stand by my statement. That's why I said I could be wrong. Still don't know the circumstances but likely has nothing to do with the level of care provided and more the perception of care.

And if it was a true emergency where ALS first response could have made a difference then she needs to call her commissioner and ask why more funding is provided to the fire department to expand services for the citizens.

There goes my donation to the humane society.

At some point people have to quit blaming others and accept responsibility.

I stand by my statement. That's why I said I could be wrong. Still don't know the circumstances but likely has nothing to do with the level of care provided and more the perception of care.

And if it was a true emergency where ALS first response could have made a difference then she needs to call her commissioner and ask why more funding is provided to the fire department to expand services for the citizens.

"All that being said, my guess is you called for an ambulance and it was probably BS and someone could have taken the patient to urgent care instead of calling 911."

I stand by my statement also. Very jerkish thing to ASSume and post to someone who has just lost a close family member. The poster was also not asking for public responses to the post.

Hate losing that donation you were eagerly going to make though. Yeah, right.

• Like 4

"All that being said, my guess is you called for an ambulance and it was probably BS and someone could have taken the patient to urgent care instead of calling 911."

I stand by my statement also. Very jerkish thing to ASSume and post to someone who has just lost a close family member. The poster was also not asking for public responses to the posts.

Hate losing that donation you were eagerly going to make though. Yeah, right.

I was kidding about the donation.

When you post on a public forum you are subject to public response.

For some reason folks expect medical providers to be miracle workers. Not everyone can be saved. It sucks, but that's just how it is.

Hope that helps!

I have conveyed my concerns to both Paulding Fire AND Metro, I got NOWHERE.

I have conveyed my concerns to both Paulding Fire AND Metro, I got NOWHERE.

If you truly got nowhere, meaning you filed a written complaint outlining the details and did not get a response I would research and contact the medical director of each organization and discuss your concerns. I would then contact the agency that regulates EMS in the state and make a complaint. Based on the results of those conversations I would then contact an attorney.

If what you say is true (I have no way of knowing either way) I say it highlights the issues of an underfunded fire department. The other problem with allowing a 3rd party to handle EMS is there really isn't munch oversight/QA I would imagine by the county. Which should be in place.

For a county with this population our services are not adequate, and not safe for the responders.

O.C.G.A. § 31-33-2. Furnishing copy of records to patient, provider, or other authorized person

(a) (1) (A) A provider having custody and control of any evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, laboratory report, or biopsy slide in a patient's record shall retain such item for a period of not less than ten years from the date such item was created.

(B) The requirements of subparagraph (A) of this paragraph shall not apply to:

(i) An individual provider who has retired from or sold his or her professional practice if such provider has notified the patient of such retirement or sale and offered to provide such items in the patient's record or copies thereof to another provider of the patient's choice and, if the patient so requests, to the patient; or

(ii) A hospital which is an institution as defined in subparagraph (A) of paragraph (4) of Code Section 31-7-1, which shall retain patient records in accordance with rules and regulations for hospitals as issued pursuant to Code Section 31-7-2.

(2) Upon written request from the patient or a person authorized to have access to the patient's record under an advance directive for health care or a durable power of attorney for health care for such patient, the provider having custody and control of the patient's record shall furnish a complete and current copy of that record, in accordance with the provisions of this Code section. If the patient is deceased, such request may be made by the following persons:

(A) The executor, administrator, or temporary administrator for the decedent's estate if such person has been appointed;

(B) If an executor, administrator, or temporary administrator for the decedent's estate has not been appointed, by the surviving spouse;

© If there is no surviving spouse, by any surviving child; and

(D) If there is no surviving child, by any parent.

(B) Any record requested under subsection (a) of this Code section shall within 30 days of the receipt of a request for records be furnished to the patient, any other provider designated by the patient, any person authorized by paragraph (2) of subsection (a) of this Code section to request a patient's or deceased patient's medical records, or any other person designated by the patient. Such record request shall be accompanied by:

(1) An authorization in compliance with the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, 42 U.S.C. Section 1320d-2, et seq., and regulations implementing such act; and

(2) A signed written authorization as specified in subsection (d) of this Code section.

© If the provider reasonably determines that disclosure of the record to the patient will be detrimental to the physical or mental health of the patient, the provider may refuse to furnish the record; however, upon such refusal, the patient's record shall, upon written request by the patient, be furnished to any other provider designated by the patient.

(d) A provider shall not be required to release records in accordance with this Code section unless and until the requesting person has furnished the provider with a signed written authorization indicating that he or she is authorized to have access to the patient's records by paragraph (2) of subsection (a) of this Code section. Any provider shall be justified in relying upon such written authorization.

(e) Any provider or person who in good faith releases copies of medical records in accordance with this Code section shall not be found to have violated any criminal law or to be civilly liable to the patient, the deceased patient's estate, or to any other person.

http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/gacode/

The biggest problem is the Clark monopoly.

Hell, competition was done away with back when Jerry Sheren said he couldn't do anything about the Clark monopoly.

Um Clark isn't the ambulance service for the county anymore.

Well somebody wised up, after I left, rnc!

Thanks for the update.

Still, it's competition that makes for good service. Who are the monopolizers, now?

I stand by my statement also. Very jerkish thing to ASSume and post to someone who has just lost a close family member. The poster was also not asking for public responses to the post.

Why make a public post if you do not want any responses? Seems the prudent thing would be to keep it to yourself if you do not want anyone to know.

Since the original post was edited do not know if they said that they lost a family member or not. You have to make assumptions if the OP does not give all the facts.

• Like 1

Looks like somebody realized they had jeopardized their upcoming lawsuit and went back and deleted all of their posts???

No other reason that I can think of to delete everything.

Why make a public post if you do not want any responses? Seems the prudent thing would be to keep it to yourself if you do not want anyone to know.

Since the original post was edited do not know if they said that they lost a family member or not. You have to make assumptions if the OP does not give all the facts.

The original post asked for private responses. It was her brother and was posted in another thread on the board and was also confirmed in this thread before being edited. You don't have to make assumptions if you are bright enough to notice the other thread she had just posted about her brother's death.

• Like 1

The original post asked for private responses. It was her brother and was posted in another thread on the board and was also confirmed in this thread before being edited. You don't have to make assumptions if you are bright enough to notice the other thread she had just posted about her brother's death.

Sorry, I don't spend all my free time trolling Pcom.

I figured most people wouldn't want to post publicly IF they did ever have a problem with one or both. I am still working on getting records, waiting for the coroner to finish the death certificate. Apparently I need everything including the kitchen sink to prove next of kinship. No one will talk to me, I have questions. I deleted my other posts just in case it was damaging IF there is a case, I am working with several lawyers, no one wants to attach their name to something unless they know there is a case, so I am on my own with obtaining all the records.

So, the coroner is Sam Clark....and he runs Clark funeral home......does he also run Clark ambulance service?........Mr. Clark you are a busy man!! Metro Atlanta Ambulance serves my area.

I figured most people wouldn't want to post publicly IF they did ever have a problem with one or both. I am still working on getting records, waiting for the coroner to finish the death certificate. Apparently I need everything including the kitchen sink to prove next of kinship. No one will talk to me, I have questions. I deleted my other posts just in case it was damaging IF there is a case, I am working with several lawyers, no one wants to attach their name to something unless they know there is a case, so I am on my own with obtaining all the records.

So, the coroner is Sam Clark....and he runs Clark funeral home......does he also run Clark ambulance service?........Mr. Clark you are a busy man!! Metro Atlanta Ambulance serves my area.

Clark Ambulance is gone, it's Metro now. And yes it was Sam Clark who owned it. I wish you luck handling this mess, it's tough.

Edited by momof 3